Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:37 PM

@The Optician , sevenseas ,  ..........

Brainysmurf writes good English in chat or only in the pm(& forum)

???

He is clearly not a native speaker though.

• sevenseas and Master Mind like this
3 - 0

#22 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:57 PM

Brainysmurf writes perfect italian , like native language.

#23 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:54 PM

Sei sicuro?  ;)

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#24 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:57 PM

si, lo sono 

• Gwynplaine likes this

#25 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

Okie dokie, artichokie!  :)

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#26 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • 1,160 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:25 PM

I have to say that I completely agree with Brainysmurf.

I think TheOptician just spend so much time on the mather that he is starting to see ghosts. He was a student in Greece, alright, where's your evidence now? 

If somebody would be inpolite to me and then ask me questions about my private situation, it's possible I would also respons with an anoyed attitude. Now if he starts drilling the question in, that is even more anoying. Then if somebody would say: Well respond in 10 minutes in your native language or else you will be disqualified, I would as well get angry.

The fact TheO, that you can not seem to understand this kind of behaviour, makes me wonder what kind of person you are. Do you reflect on yourself? If you are right in what you think? Now you say your are not being agressive in your questioning, I say you are, Brainysmurf says you are. All I can say then: Look in the mirror dude, don't respond in 10 seconds saying it's nonsense. No Theo, those people who do not reflect or understand other people, are dangerous people, because they will always believe that their truth is the only truth. And that a person is guilty untill he proves otherwise. (that's the wrong way around)

I'm not saying that I don't think BS is an alias account, I know too little about it. I am saying: Be more respectfull in your way of approaching people, and reflect a bit more, it might bring improvements to your way of communicating...

Max

• Brainysmurf and queenbee1 like this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#27 Brainysmurf

Brainysmurf

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:45 PM

Take a look here  

Lt James

Posted An hour ago

sevenseas,  said:snapback.png

Only a player's first account can be listed in the clean ranking. Unfortunately, I ran an IP check on your account and I can see this isn't your first account. You have others at a higher rank than this. 

Can you check again? I have made the necessary adjustments. Thanks

sevenseas

Posted An hour ago

Lt James,  said:snapback.png

Can you check again? I have made the necessary adjustments. Thanks

Sorry, I just checked again and this isn't your first account on the forum. Aliases are not allowed in the clean ranking. 

Fairway

Posted 55 minutes ago

sevenseas,  said:snapback.png

Sorry, I just checked again and this isn't your first account on the forum. Aliases are not allowed in the clean ranking. 

Hey Sevenseas, I thought you said not even MT could do IP checks?

sevenseas

Posted 28 minutes ago

That is correct. 

The guy is clearly an alias but like every other alias, will not admit that it's a second account.

As you can see TM and MT can do IP control.

So why did you ask my nationallity?

Everyone should know that some people are acting like bosses and they do whatever they like. Admins you should really know to whom you are giving authority.

Edited by Brainysmurf, 20 December 2016 - 10:46 PM.

#28 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:56 PM

I was joking in the clean ranking topic. I thought it was obvious... but apparently not. 

I said in the latest post it's "correct" that MT (and by extension TC) can not perform an IP check but the guy was clearly an alias account. Don't take my posts too seriously if it's not in an official forum. 

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#29 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:57 PM

I wish we could perform an IP check! It would make our efforts here a lot easier. But the admins will not bestow the MT or TC that power due to privacy reasons. 

#30 Brainysmurf

Brainysmurf

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:15 PM

I was joking in the clean ranking topic. I thought it was obvious... but apparently not. 

I said in the latest post it's "correct" that MT (and by extension TC) can not perform an IP check but the guy was clearly an alias account. Don't take my posts too seriously especially ones not in official forums...

I wish we could perform an IP check! It would make our efforts here a lot easier. But the admins will not bestow the MT or TC that power due to privacy reasons. 

Nice answers from a TM member. 

#31 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:30 PM

Thank you!

#32 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:57 AM

TC has already explained in some detail the reasons that lead them to conclude that Brainysmurf is a non-Italian alias.

Some may see the question 'Hi Brainysmurf, Please could you inform TC which country you are from' as aggressive. (!) Some may see repeatedly asking the question as insulting and 'not respecting the game' (!!) But for all the outcries of aggressive questioning, it is TC's job to ask these questions, however reluctant the subject is to answer them. Brainysmurf dodged the extremely polite answering of this question several times before the question was posed with a deadline - and so the defence that 'I wasn't answering because of the way you asked the question' is lamentable - because the truth is that it had been asked a lot of times nicely - without response!

Now if we are to return to the 5 reasons presented earlier, we see that little has been offered in defence of those points. How, if not an alias, does a new Forum account know how to present an expert case of draw refusal within hours of joining the Forum? How, if not an alias, does a new player reach 800+ELO with 80% record? (Bearing in mind 800ELO 18 months ago would be far greater today). How does a player begin at that standard, unless they have extensive prior experience? Brainysmurf tells us in eloquent Italian that he became familiar with Stratego through many games - perhaps the many Italian players that Brainysmurf has been playing live with could come forward and offer support - or perhaps Brainysmurf has had accounts at other websites that he could divulge? I haven't actually heard Brainysmurf even declare that he is not an alias. It is possible he is too offended to speak any truth. 

You would think a player falsely accused of being an alias would have a little more to offer in their defence than to state for example that I must have a grudge against him because I got beaten (for the 1000th time) in a friendly. (After he had already ignored the question several times, I might add). Brainysmurf could illustrate that he genuinely is Italian, or to protest that TC have made a huge mistake. He could genuinely address the remaining 4 contributing factors that TC mentioned (Greek clock aside).

Instead he is concentrating on how insulting the questions are. I'm genuinely interested to hear what and where Brainysmurf studied in his one year in Greece - but I suppose that the asking of any questions (how else do you expect tournament organisers to investigate suspected alias use?!) might be perceived as overly aggressive/invasive. Brainysmurf hasn't even stated that this is his first account, or his only account. Let's not forget that his Italian answers were barely relevant to the question. Questions posed aggressively or not - he did answer (and they weren't awesome).

Maybe it's just me, but if I was falsely accused of something I would (at the bare minimum!) be doing my utmost to persuade my accusers that they had made a terrible misjudgement. This could be so easily proven by in a number of ways. If TC are seeing ghosts, then I implore you to wake us up from this nightmare. We are not so stubborn as to concede when we have made a mistake - the good news is that we are only 95% certain (or 99% if you are me). Why not appeal to the 5%?

#33 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • 1,160 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:58 AM

TC has already explained in some detail the reasons that lead them to conclude that Brainysmurf is a non-Italian alias.

Some may see the question 'Hi Brainysmurf, Please could you inform TC which country you are from' as aggressive. (!) Some may see repeatedly asking the question as insulting and 'not respecting the game' (!!) But for all the outcries of aggressive questioning, it is TC's job to ask these questions, however reluctant the subject is to answer them. Brainysmurf dodged the extremely polite answering of this question several times before the question was posed with a deadline - and so the defence that 'I wasn't answering because of the way you asked the question' is lamentable - because the truth is that it had been asked a lot of times nicely - without response!

Now if we are to return to the 5 reasons presented earlier, we see that little has been offered in defence of those points. How, if not an alias, does a new Forum account know how to present an expert case of draw refusal within hours of joining the Forum? How, if not an alias, does a new player reach 800+ELO with 80% record? (Bearing in mind 800ELO 18 months ago would be far greater today). How does a player begin at that standard, unless they have extensive prior experience? Brainysmurf tells us that he became familiar with Stratego through many games - perhaps the many Italian players that Brainysmurf has been playing live with could come forward and offer support - or perhaps Brainysmurf has had accounts at other websites that he could divulge? I haven't actually heard Brainysmurf even declare that he is not an alias. It is possible he is too offended to speak any truth. 

You would think a player falsely accused of being an alias would have a little more to offer in their defence than to state for example that I must have a grudge against him because I got beaten (for the 1000th time) in a friendly. (After he had already ignored the question several times, I might add). Brainysmurf could illustrate that he genuinely is Italian, or to protest that TC have made a huge mistake. He could genuinely address the remaining 4 contributing factors that TC mentioned (Greek clock aside).

Instead he is concentrating on how insulting the questions are. I'm genuinely interested to hear what and where Brainysmurf studied in his one year in Greece - but I suppose that the asking of any questions (how else do you expect tournament organisers to investigate suspected alias use?!) might be perceived as overly aggressive/invasive. Brainysmurf hasn't even stated that this is his first account, or his only account. Let's not forget that his Italian answers were barely relevant to the question. Questions posed aggressively or not - he did answer (and they weren't awesome).

Maybe it's just me, but if I was falsely accused of something I would (at the bare minimum!) be doing my utmost to persuade my accusers that they had made a terrible misjudgement. This could be so easily proven by in a number of ways. If TC are seeing ghosts, then I implore you to wake us up from this nightmare. We are not so stubborn as to concede when we have made a mistake - the good news is that we are only 95% certain (or 99% if you are me). Why not appeal to the 5%?

Ask him 200 questions and apologise afterwards then.

#34 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:45 AM

Section 1 specifies that a player may not enter using an alias account and section 19 allows the TC to make requests of a participant. Every player, including Brainysmurf, agreed to this.

The evidence presented by the TC suggests that Brainysmurf is an alias. Even his name is indicative that he is not an original account. Per urban dictionary, a smurf is "a (usually) experienced gamer posing as a newbie under an alternate name." The TC's decision seems perfectly reasonable and within the rules given that Brainysmurf refused to comply with simple requests.
  • sevenseas likes this
3 - 0

#35 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 458 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:18 AM

From my point of view, there are only 2 possible answers.  Either Brainysmurf is lying and he is indeed an alias.  Or he has absolutely no respect for the TC and by extension the tournament system we have by being extremely evasive with answers and 'offended' by the questions presented to him (which brought a tremendous amount of suspicion).  Should the TC not try to find alias accounts to keep the tournaments clean?  Or should we just let whoever enter, if someone enters 10 times with 10 different aliases, so be it?

I went into this with no opinion either way on the matter.  If he had responded the first or second time the TC asked him with a straightforward answer (I'm not talking about the 'in game' chat with Javier, I'm talking about the questions posed by the TC in our forum thread), I would have been satisfied and not looked any further.  But his repeated evasiveness brought with it a great deal of suspicion and caused us to dig further.  I feel the case assembled is sufficient for a conviction.

One last thing.  Brainysmurf keeps saying "Everyone should know that some people are acting like bosses and they do whatever they like. Admins you should really know to whom you are giving authority".  To this, I respond that when it comes to the tournaments, the TC are the bosses.  I'm not saying that in an egotistical way at all, but it is the TC's job to run the tournaments.  And as far as who the admins are giving authority, they are giving authority to volunteers who spend hours each week for no money preparing tournaments for the enjoyment of all (I'm not including myself in this yet, as I am new to the TC.  But I see the amount of work the others have put in).  Same goes for members of the MT, and all the other individual country tournament managers that volunteer their time.  All of these volunteers have my respect.

These are just my personal opinions, not an official TC response in any way.

• TheOptician, tobermoryx and sevenseas like this

#36 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:40 AM

si, lo sono

Ciao Aris1970

Io penso che Brainysmurf รจ un alias del Arxontis, cosa ne pensi?
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#37 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:49 AM

si, lo sono 

@Napoleon1er

No......
 .......was my answer to Gwynplaine about the perfect  Brainysmurf Italian.

#38 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:49 AM

Brainysmurf writes perfect italian , like native language.

#39 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Members
  • 1,160 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:53 AM

Section 1 specifies that a player may not enter using an alias account and section 19 allows the TC to make requests of a participant. Every player, including Brainysmurf, agreed to this.

The evidence presented by the TC suggests that Brainysmurf is an alias. Even his name is indicative that he is not an original account. Per urban dictionary, a smurf is "a (usually) experienced gamer posing as a newbie under an alternate name." The TC's decision seems perfectly reasonable and within the rules given that Brainysmurf refused to comply with simple requests.

Now that's the strongest clue I've heard so far Astros.

• Lonello, --Wogomite-- and Master Mind like this

#40 Aris1970

Aris1970

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,713 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:59 AM

I did not say that he is an Italian.

Aris1970 said: 

@ Brainysmurf 
Come ca...   hai imparato cosi bene l' italiano ?  :D  :P  :D

or better..

Come ca...  hai fatto ad imparare cosi bene l' italiano ?

Brainysmurf  is Greek player,.....
.....but knows perfect Italian??? No !!!

I think someone another wrote for him !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users