Photo

what are buttwheat's top 10 excuses of all time?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guldin

Guldin

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:48 PM

this is an old thread that i have been able to modify...  

10) you just got lucky

9) that was a misclick

8) omg, i didn't mean to do that

7) i thought that piece (a bomb) moved

6) my kids are distracting me

5) my wife distracted me

4) you only won because you lottoed

3) i just got bored

2) i had to take a phone call

1) that was a misclick, my son pulled my arm

Edited by Guldin, 07 April 2018 - 10:31 AM.

#2 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:43 PM

Greetings, Guldin! Thank you sharing something that made me laugh out loud. These are the bomb!

I'm going to have to start using some of these myself.  :)

Gwynplaine

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#3 Guldin

Guldin

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:45 AM

Greetings, Guldin! Thank you sharing something that made me laugh out loud. These are the bomb!

I'm going to have to start using some of these myself.  :)

Gwynplaine

did you play on meta and know who buttwheat is? he was the first guy elected to the dis-connectors hall of shame. 

#4 Guldin

Guldin

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:57 PM

hey ex meta players, i know you must remember some of his excuses that i don't remember or never heard. can i get a little help with my top ten list please? thanks for any contributions. the more replies i get the funnier this post can be because it is funny and you know it.

#5 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:47 PM

Sorry, Guldin...I never played on meta. If you agree, we can certainly create some "Buttwheat" styled replies..eh?  ;)

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#6 Guldin

Guldin

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:43 AM

Sorry, Guldin...I never played on meta. If you agree, we can certainly create some "Buttwheat" styled replies..eh?  ;)

ya think? impossible! this guy was one of a kind. there can't possibly have been another person like him in the history of the world. any former meta player could vouch. a lot of people didn't like him because of how rude he was which is why this thread has been silent. however, anyone with a great sense of humor cannot deny that this was one of the funniest people of all time. when i read his forums on meta i had six pack abs without doing any exorcise or dieting from all of the laughing i did. i even offered him money sometimes to do specific blogs on certain people and he never would accept my offers and i was serious. i swear on a stack of bibles that i cannot think of a funnier person that i ever known. he wasn't the greatest stratego player, but one would think he must have had a pretty damn high iq for some of the things he came up with. in my opinion he was a genius of humor and i was very disappointed when he left meta which ultimately took most of the fun away of it for me and my departure wasn't very far behind. i was really hoping to hear something about him if anyone knew anything. :( 

#7 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:25 AM

I recall some of his excuses were about being distracted by his "beautiful Columbian wife" ... either she was yelling at him or she was making him aroused :D  

#8 Guldin

Guldin

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:03 AM

I recall some of his excuses were about being distracted by his "beautiful Columbian wife" ... either she was yelling at him or she was making him aroused :D  

yeah, he used that one on me a number of times. so i realize now that one should have been ranked higher so i moved it up to #3. the wife and kids alone must have cost him hundreds of stratego games. i do recall them getting most of the blame for his losses. i think he may have blamed his dog a few times but i'm not sure. i know i had to use that one myself a few times so maybe it was me, lmao :lol:  

Edited by Guldin, 23 August 2016 - 06:10 AM.

#9 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,021 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:46 PM

You forgot the phone call excuse :D the othere are spot on.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

Have an ongoing issue with the MT and in need of a "lawyer?" Nortrom Stratego Legal Services offers their services pro deo.

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor”

#10 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:32 PM

I thought I came up with the phone call excuse-must be my old age-one second I gotta close out this other tab/window.Thanks I am back.   :D Excuses everyone's got one-like opinions(not how saying goes) but my kids are right here !  ;)

#11 Morx

Morx

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 730 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:56 AM

One of my favorite players of all time.

"Morx, you just got lucky there."

We played quite a number of games, initially I lost most but by learning more, I improved my game and he got more busy in his real life costing him a lot of games: "Sorry the phone ran"

Lets play a game some time for old time sake :) 

#12 Guldin

Guldin

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

my favorite post of all time was when lightwing did a commentary of a game he had with buttwheat. it went something like this.

gg

zzzzzzzzzz

omg, i thought that piece moved

you just got lucky

<disconnected>

lightwing's version was a bit longer and much funnier, but this is the best of my recollection.

#13 Nortrom

Nortrom

Marshal

• WC Online Team
  • 3,021 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:34 AM

I did? I honestly don't remember, but it must have been hilarious :).

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

Have an ongoing issue with the MT and in need of a "lawyer?" Nortrom Stratego Legal Services offers their services pro deo.

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor”

#14 Guldin

Guldin

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 07 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

it was. he called you out and i think he got a couple of your majors with his colonels saying gg each time. as you gathered your information and figured out his demise he gave you a few zzzzzzzzzzzz's. then he hit a bomb with his marsh and disconnected. then you did a play by play of the game in the forum, i was rofl for days :D

Edited by Guldin, 07 April 2018 - 02:01 PM.

• Nortrom likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users