Guldin

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:13 PM

I've been playing online since 2009 and this is the only person I played that I couldn't figure out how to beat. Is lottoing my only chance?

#2 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:16 PM

I've had success against him when I have matched his aggressiveness.
3 - 0

#3 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:19 PM

I've had success against him when I have matched his aggressiveness.

Yes.

Be aggressive and use unpredictable setups. 

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#4 Guldin

Guldin

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:19 PM

thanks, but you know he's gonna be pissed at you guys now, right? 

#5 TheLastMiner

TheLastMiner

New Recruit

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:09 PM

with two Marshals and no Flag

#6 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:35 PM

i lost my first 8 games against him but then i got 1 win 1 draw 1 win in sequence ... usually he will come early with his cols on the sides and his gen in middle (sometimes gen is on side as well) and he will keep his marsh for later in the game. He will not fear losing a col on the right side to discover either your gen or your marsh, then he may do the same on the other side and if he finds your other gen/marsh there he will mass attack in middle with his gen without touching your pieces which are on left behind right lake or on right behind left lake so you cannot bring back neither your gen nor your marsh in middle easily while he will easily empty your 2 center columns until back row. At this moment he may understand on which side your flag is if not already found in middle and he will prepare attack on that identified side with his marsh.

... one solution is to put 2-3 bombs around your middle path and have defensive setups on both sides, another solution is to have lots of small pieces on one side with 1 col, so when you identify his col on that side you can continue with a major or with second col you should not have further surprises on that side. this solution 2 will allow you to keep your marsh and gen hidden until late and will make his attack on the other side and middle difficult.

... nevertheless i like your topic ... he was my real black beast for more than 3 years ... but i learned from the defeats ... wish you the same ... my new black beast now is F1 who has a real unique style that works pretty well ... any tips against him?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#7 Losermaker

Losermaker

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,050 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:44 PM

I just played F1 yesterday and he played very strangely. He just moved a ton of pieces until I forgot which was which with some. I was behind by 3 capts 2 luits and 2 sergs getting towards endgame but I got the win ;) you just have to know how to trap well vs that kind of player.

#8 Guldin

Guldin

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:41 PM

who the hell is f1? the topic was about how to beat manning2cruz!

Edited by Guldin, 18 August 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#9 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:03 PM

No need to get worked up about that. I myself do not know manning2cruz, never played him or seen him around. I have played and lost against Hielco, Nortrom and Overlord of those 1000+ elo... Hielco I also defeated once, Overlord I need to play this next tourney, so only Nortrom is the white raven for me, as is F1 for Losermaker, this is different for every one. Some still mention Sadistic who I have never played either but seems to be in the same timezone as manning2cruz so maybe you have, Guldin... it's not so bad to have an angstgegner so let's give Losermaker some space I'd say.

Lo

#10 Guldin

Guldin

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:30 PM

who's getting worked up? the topic is:  How do you beat Manning2Cruz?

they can start their own topic on how to beat f1. no need to invade my topic or change the subject.

btw lonello, i think nortrom is an alias for hielco or it must be lightwing. i doubt that it could be anyone else!

#11 Caesar101

Caesar101

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:03 PM

Nortrom is Lightwing.

Hielco is FreddyKreuger from Gravon

#12 Losermaker

Losermaker

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,050 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:33 PM

Hi Guldin,

Sorry for taking off on a different path here, F1 is a player from Germany with around 150 games and 84% wins or something.  I just noticed that Napoleon1er mentioned him and I had played F1 for the first time the other day.

I have played Manning quite a bit on all 3 sites but I am not sure it is the best way to keep in someone's good books by giving away all their tactics ;)

Sorry again,

Losermaker

Edited by Losermaker, 18 August 2016 - 11:35 PM.

#13 l!1ijL1

l!1ijL1

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:55 AM

let him lotto his general into a bomb

he saves lutes

dont try to protect everything

#14 Guldin

Guldin

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:28 AM

losermaker, i was just messing with you. i seen other people cry about someone changing the subject so i said

that jokingly. i'm sorry that you took me serious. i really couldn't care less if someone talked about something else other then the original topic. i don't know about you, but i live in a free country and totally agree with the first amendment (freedom of speech). i get drunk every day and try to be humorous to amuse myself sometimes. when i made the post (drunk of course), i really didn't think that anyone would snitch on how to beat the guy. i was just trying to be funny and at the same time this was my way of saying that i respect his game. obviously i know how he plays and realize the suggested strategy and already tried doing all of that and he still beats me. lets face it, most of the players in the top 30 are simply just levels above me and the only way i ever beat them is by getting lucky. surprisingly i have had the most success against sohal probably because i played him so many times on meta. what was manning2cruz's name on meta? maybe i beat him there because i know he didn't use that name on metaforge. i was a99 for a while and then had to sign up with a different account (xin) because that prick with the rebel flag (i can't remember his handle), kept abusing his authority and suspended me all the time for bullshit reasons. probably because i beat him every time we played. his game was so weak, it was a month. i think i told him one time after destroying him "consider yourself humped" in my drunken stupor so he would get off by giving me suspensions. I would remember his name if i heard it! 

Edited by Guldin, 19 August 2016 - 01:33 AM.

#15 Losermaker

Losermaker

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,050 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:24 PM

Hey xin!

sorry for taking it that way man, just trying not to get a fight going here :)

I remember playing you the week before you left meta, I'm whistler! (if you remember me), we'll have to have a game sometime!

I always liked playing you because of your tricky/weird setups ;)

Cheers

Edited by Losermaker, 19 August 2016 - 12:24 PM.

#16 Deron06

Deron06

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:10 PM

I would like to add that I beat Manning by plucking his pieces. Rough player, must pluck.

• Caesar101 likes this

#17 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 20 August 2016 - 01:42 AM

Hi Guldin, Manning2Cruz was GhostFaceKillah at Metaforge.  The guy with the confederate flag was HTRN.  You might remember me, I was Xerxes.

#18 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:27 AM

Manning usually has his cols on the sides, putting pressure whereby he offers a lieut or serg to find out what's on your front rows on the sides.  The moment you show a captain or major, he will go in and offer his col to find either your gen or marsh.

The moment he knows this, ....you're in for a hell of a ride cuz' he keeps on comin' agressively on all sides

whereby you can almost exclude his marsh is movin' but you're never sure since he always backs his pieces.

He lets you keep on guessing where the probability is really in your odds but he knows how to play it that way you will doubt.

Every move of him is determined, fast and you never know when he's bluffing you, he doesn't hesitate a single time.

No matter what you do, he always tries to keep playing his own game.

He's a player who, once he got the info, goes for the odds and he dares to risk majors or cols, he doesn't give a sjit.

But if you play a bit tight and be agressive and you manage to get a col and major up,....he most likely will start to make mistakes and he will show his high pieces way too cheaply, which gives you the time to reposition on the board.

If it isn't going his way, he's pretty vulnerable but he's a player who manages to get it his way in about 85 percent of the time.

Against these kind of players, you need to be agressive from move on and be absolutely sure you will gain the info first.

He's not afraid to lose a col or major?  Well, you as well, just go mentally bzerk with a col and see where the party stops.

But if you do that, be sure you hit at least a captain and most preferrably a major of course.

You gotta think like him and with every attack asking yourself : 'what is he willing to invest? what would i do if i were in his position right now?'  

Most important : never be afraid to lose pieces against him and even if your two ranks down, don't panic.

Just keep on riskin' even a third rank down to gain the full info.

Without the info, no power and no direction to victory so the more you invest, the more likely you'll gain the info first.

And if you don't,.............well, then you can pray to God and hope for a win :)

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#19 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

just ask you after the game why you lost that game :

- you made a mistake ?

- you were too much defensive ?

- you lost track ?

- he read your set up ?

- he lottoed ?

- he was up 6 small pieces and you were up one big ?

etc, etc

then figure what was the problem, and next time try to remember from your last loss

#20 Sohal

Sohal

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

Same than losermaker, i won't give advice against one player specifically,

+ he would not make the same mistakes next time

0 user(s) are reading this topic