Photo

What is the worst position in your army?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:57 PM

After putting down a coup by my majors in a game today, I got to thinking about their complaints. None of my majors ever survive a game. They go from training to the front line, then to their graves.

While the perpetrators were summarily executed and a new group of majors have been promoted. I am wondering, what position in your army do you worry about revolting?
  • TheOptician and Caesar101 like this
3 - 0

#2 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:46 PM

Majors are cannon fodder, to me. :D

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#3 Caesar101

Caesar101

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:00 PM

I'm worried about my scouts. They always seem to desert me when I need them most.

#4 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:53 PM

My bombs...true, I get them wholesale from China, but there's always some s.o.b. miner that wants to run off with them. And what's worse is when some dufas marshal or general runs into one of my bombs during a lotto...well...it gets really messy and I hate cleaning up someone else's mess! What the heck are they thinking?! That my bombs grow on trees?! Get a life!

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#5 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:09 PM

I would have to say that miners are the rank I see most often that prevents wins and forces draws. Any other piece is reedemable in my opinion besides the marshal at times. (Although constrictors style would prove the marshal almost always redeemable) Working your way out of or into a situation is the name of the game but making a miner appear when you have none is impossible.
  • GaryLShelton likes this

#6 Adsum

Adsum

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:04 PM

My colonels die on me. I am usually too afraid to lotto with a marshal or general, but I tend to use my colonels aggressively, and in the final analysis, stupidly. ;-)

#7 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,368 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:54 PM

I think your general and marshal don't have a worse position when you intend to do with them what they have to do. In my case, I normally don't lotto with my general or marshal when I don't know the piece or the possible piece behind it. Most of the time you keep them secret as long as possible and take your chance when you are convinced nothing can happen and you have a safe back. My colonels aren't a real problem as well. Most of the time, I keep one secret and the other one is more in the front behind a lieutenant or captain. But I'm willing to take a major if I don't know the piece behind it - you have a major advantage and you possibly gain important information. Majors are worse pieces in my army as well, and I often have a disadvantage with that. Strange enough, I seem to keep my captains and lieutenants. I hardly run out of them till the last. Sergeants are a bigger problem and miners and scouts are the worsest in my army. Especcialy my scouts don't run for me when I need them. The spy is no problem for me at all actually.

So I think this is my division of the ranks from worst to best:

- scouts, miners, majors, sergeants, captains, colonels, lieutenants, general, spy, marshal

#8 Bizevr

Bizevr

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:16 PM

My flag dies more than expected but I wonder why it happens so frequently :D

Edited by Bizevr, 16 September 2016 - 11:16 PM.

• GaryLShelton, --Wogomite-- and sevenseas like this

― C.S. LewisMere Christianity — “Even in social life, you will never make a good impression on other people until you stop thinking about what sort of impression you're making.” 

#9 General J. Wolfe

General J. Wolfe

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:01 AM

I don't care for authority so I send my Marshall, General, Colonels and Majors out to die first.... :lol:

#10 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:17 AM

I don't care for authority so I send my Marshall, General, Colonels and Majors out to die first.... :lol:

Well, at least you recognize that a lack of care and respect for authority will be the beginning to someones demise. I think you are on to something :)

• hondjekapitein and General J. Wolfe like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users