Yoseman

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:08 PM

When players refuse to engage, the site should force an "auto-draw" after 50 or even 100 moves with no attacking. 

It's insane that late in a game a player can hijack a game without that consequence.

• MTinsley likes this

#2 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,249 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:43 AM

When players refuse to engage, the site should force an "auto-draw" after 50 or even 100 moves with no attacking. 

It's insane that late in a game a player can hijack a game without that consequence.

There are rules against draw refusals.  You can find them linked at the bottom of any of my posts.  Read them and learn what evidence you are required to bring to make a strong case.  You don't have to be hijacked.  :)

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#3 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:01 AM

Gary i dont think that the system with report draw refusal can solve the problem
I just lost a game because while taking screenshots i lost the general of my opponent within the 10 minutes ( i had a general an my opponent a general and a major)
Futhermore the points are restored after 1 month and for example if you were elo 600 and after a month you haver reached 700 it is unfair to get then the 13 points because it would be more difficult to gain them.

#4 jaimy123

jaimy123

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

There are rules against draw refusals.  You can find them linked at the bottom of any of my posts.  Read them and learn what evidence you are required to bring to make a strong case.  You don't have to be hijacked.   :)

i have this problem too many times players how dont want to draw. please make an easy way to get this people of this site!!!

#5 MisterTimRules

MisterTimRules

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:07 PM

Draw refusals are a problem, but so are players who abuse the system. As soon as they fall behind, they go into draw mode. They run around the board with their highest man and refuse to move any other men. Then they keep requesting a draw over and over in a short time period. If you refuse, they state that you are in violation of the rules and will lose 100 points if you don't cave in and take the draw. Or they tell you they have all day and will continue to move just one man. This is poor sportsmanship as well and should be punished just as vehemently as the players who refuse a legitimate draw request.

I played one of those types yesterday (sports team). He actually bragged about his strategy. "I play to win, but if I can't win, I play to tie." In other words, if I'm losing, I'll drag it out and try to sleaze out a draw from you. I consider that very poor sportsmanship and would never do that. If I'm losing, that's it. I never play for a draw. Just my take on the situation...

P.S. That player ran his marshal into a bomb early on and eventually lost the game. Beating those types of players gives me great satisfaction! LOL!

#6 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 456 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:43 PM

Draw refusals are a problem, but so are players who abuse the system. As soon as they fall behind, they go into draw mode. They run around the board with their highest man and refuse to move any other men. Then they keep requesting a draw over and over in a short time period. If you refuse, they state that you are in violation of the rules and will lose 100 points if you don't cave in and take the draw. Or they tell you they have all day and will continue to move just one man. This is poor sportsmanship as well and should be punished just as vehemently as the players who refuse a legitimate draw request.

I played one of those types yesterday (sports team). He actually bragged about his strategy. "I play to win, but if I can't win, I play to tie." In other words, if I'm losing, I'll drag it out and try to sleaze out a draw from you. I consider that very poor sportsmanship and would never do that. If I'm losing, that's it. I never play for a draw. Just my take on the situation...

P.S. That player ran his marshal into a bomb early on and eventually lost the game. Beating those types of players gives me great satisfaction! LOL!

You better believe if I'm losing I'll play to get a tie.  You think if someone is down, they should just surrender, and if they don't, it's poor sportsmanship?  I try to make my opponent beat me if I'm down instead of just giving up.  If 1 player has the advantage but can't pin 1 higher piece of their opponent's, the onus is on the player with the advantage to either attack elsewhere or accept a draw.  You seem to think that by insulting your opponent in the chat you'll change their strategy.  That's what I call poor sportsmanship.

• sevenseas likes this

#7 MisterTimRules

MisterTimRules

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:58 PM

I rest my case. You are a perfect example of someone who abuses the draw rules here.

How did you like that beat down I gave you yesterday? Really stings when you can't beat an opponent you despise, doesn't it?

#8 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:11 PM

How do you like not having a winning record after 3500 games? Really stings when you can't manage to be mediocre at a silly children's game, doesn't it?
3 - 0

#9 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:01 AM

I rest my case. You are a perfect example of someone who abuses the draw rules here.

Player A merely having a higher piece on the board than Player B does not constitute a victory. If you think that this does constitute a victory then you do not understand one of the basic principles of this game. Refusing a draw whilst being unwilling to attempt to progress the game is an offence; refusing to surrender when your opponent has (or believes he/she has) the upper hand is not.

#10 MisterTimRules

MisterTimRules

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:09 AM

Twist it any way you want, but a player who goes into tie mode as soon as he falls behind is playing the system and is being unsportsmanlike. You can still win, even if you don't have the highest ranked man. To run around the board like a coward is sad and pathetic behavior fitting of a child.

#11 MisterTimRules

MisterTimRules

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:17 AM

How do you like not having a winning record after 3500 games? Really stings when you can't manage to be mediocre at a silly children's game, doesn't it?

I leave a lot of games when I play opponents like you and Steelers. You guys suck the fun right out of any game. Usually not worth it for me to waste my time on your type.

And if you add even 40 of those draws I have to my score, I would be around 950 right now, which is where I should be. I have no trouble beating players like Steelers, so I am obviously a very skilled player. Just don't have the time to waste with shufflers and jerks who go into tie mode at the drop of a hat.

#12 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 456 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:25 AM

How did you like that beat down I gave you yesterday? Really stings when you can't beat an opponent you despise, doesn't it?

Very classy.  The epitome of sportsmanship.  And you're mistaken if you think I despise you, I don't care enough about your opinion to despise you.  I win lots of games and lose lots of games.  And I'll win and lose many more to many different opponents.  I just don't go bragging about it on the forum when I beat someone.

• sevenseas likes this

#13 MisterTimRules

MisterTimRules

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:07 PM

So if I'm a mediocre player, then I guess your pal Steelers must be a REALLY bad player! LOL!

I've had enough, boys. Find someone else to take your rage out on here. Just too boring...

#14 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 456 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:16 PM

Keep up the class, I'm sure you're showing everyone on here the kind of person you are.

#15 MTinsley

MTinsley

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:44 PM

There are a significant portion of people who would not accept a tie, to try and make their opponent surrender. Before I knew about the forum, I did not know there was a way to report these players. So, I was forced to either play for hours against the tie refuser or to surrender the game.

If the game developers are not willing to introduce an auto draw feature, then the tie refusal rules need to be communicated clearly on the game. A message - stating how to receive moderator assistance - just below the game would be a good idea. For a first time victim, it is impossible to know how much evidence is necessary for MT to convict one for poor sportsmanship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users