donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:51 AM

I am notorious for reporting tie refusers. I had to play for 1.30h last night cause there is no punishment or the moment. so it tends to get worse and worse

Hi goy, I agree with you. we need punishment back pronto.

I noticed no ones posting as much anymore.

it's a ghost forum. :P  :unsure:

complaint department is on strike.

if you dislike a joke, not my problem. Sue me.

#42 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:43 AM

Sam,

I understand you want forum police. I have said it often that I respect the MT and think they did a fine job, but IMO only I want to forum to have its off topics and the tournaments only. As far as the rest we should not expect anything. All the abusive behavior and disconnects are easily ignored. I don't even think this should be aired in public. Look at some of the bad blood this has caused and for what?

If you have a complaint send an email to customercare.  

#43 Caesar101

Caesar101

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:17 AM

Is customercare still around?

#44 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:15 AM

It doesn't matter if they are there or not. Nothing can be done about this. Just play the game and accept the consequences.

#45 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:45 AM

One day a man arrived and no one knew from where he came. He saw the crowd of spartan warriors and said he has come to foreclose on his property. "Please kind sir this is all that we have." Said the young warriors. "The harvest was not plentiful this year and we have nothing more with which to pay." He laughed and said "You have meddled with the forces of nature young warriors and I won't have it. This game costs money to support it. I put money into it and now I must take it out. It is the international system of business which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today! So far this place has existed based on my good graces. You have now borrowed money from Jumbo and now you must put it back." 

"So now that you cannot pay

I have come to take your game away." 

Suddenly a great darkness befell the world known as Stratego.com and all decended into darkness.

Best you pray to Jumbo that this does not happen.

How is that for being an Eternal Optimist?

Edited by queenbee1, 14 August 2016 - 07:47 PM.

• donald.mallard likes this

#46 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:57 AM

Not bad. And once only darkness remains, light is inevitable.

#47 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:39 PM

One day a man arrived and no one knew of where he came. He saw the crowd of spartan warriors and said he has come to foreclose on his property. "Please kind sir this is all that we have." Said the young warriors. "The harvest was not plentiful this year and we have nothing more with which to pay." He laughed and said "You have meddled with the forces of nature young warriors and I won't have it. This game costs money to support it. I put money into it and now I must take it out. It is the international system of business which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today! So far this place has existed based on my good graces. You have now borrowed money from Jumbo and now you must put it back. So know that you cannot pay I have come to take your game away." 

Suddenly a great darkness befell the world known as Stratego.com and all decended into darkness.

Best you pray to Jumbo that this does not happen.

How is that for being an Eternal Optimist?

Yo Queenbee,

I'm back with the clever rhymes, never mind

but this is more important : This game will never ever die!

And okay, this may be the better site

instead of a crappy one with a bad design

but to get the stripes, it can't let us die

cuz' we're the players so it's us who in fact decide!

They can have the rights

but without the hundred thousand accounts, it's pathetic right? :D

Advert time so advertize but that's a dime

and way too less to thrive the fattest site since Meta died!

If Jumbo can't profit, they can still neglect the rights,

respect the pride

of a loyal fanbase who each day wanna grab the flag in strides.

Either way, if this turns out to become a crashin' site,

then in no time, you'll see other sites pop up like LiveJasmin,...so Jasmin Live! :D

That is right....

and it won't be a moneymachine who stacks the price

but the fact that a player's fee

is the major key to prevent a chance to die!

I'm willing to pay tens of dollars for a fantastic site

where only fivehundred people come to play in a magic fight!

The site doesn't need to be profitable,

love for the game...that's the price,

that is life so it's worth to fight for in the year two thousand sixteen after Christ! ;)

The diehard fans will act like a true Samurai, that's the sign

that companies have to think about the fact they can't jack the vibe

of a massive hype

and although it's a small community, I put that aside

cuz' on this planet millions of games were sold so this craft's alive!

Stratego for life, that's where it's at you guys

and having said that, it's again the end of my nasty rhymes! B)

Edited by trickz, 14 August 2016 - 07:45 PM.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#48 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

Well I hope everyone's optimism will prevail. The owners spent a lot of money creating this site. They had a plan that battlecoins and margin ads would sustain them. However, at the end of the day Stratego is a small part of a large portfolio. A CEO will look at his assets and losses on a spreadsheet. He will ask the question why doesn't this make money? The answer is lack of vision and that in today's world everyone expects IP for free. They share passwords to streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon. If all else fails they can use Kodi or another pirate site.

#49 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:13 AM

Now after showing the possible downside of Stratego going dark here is my prediction. Nothing will happen. The game will continue on without Customer Support or developers thus saving the company enough money to maintain server costs. Without CS the MT becomes a effort in futility so players will stop complaining.

Jumbo will just write Stratego.com off as a business loss. The comments about players who refuse to draw and abusive behavior will cease. The Forum will continue to be a place for off topic conversations, hints on how to better play the game, a staging area for tournaments and the whole thing will be forgotten in a month or two.

Their will always be players who refuse to draw and players who complain about them. If you are not playing a friend it is best to simply say good luck at the beginning and never open the battlechat again. This way you cannot be abused. The disconnecting hall of shame is simply an utter waste of your time, but it's your time to waste. 

Edited by queenbee1, 15 August 2016 - 03:18 AM.

#50 Caesar101

Caesar101

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:57 AM

Now after showing the possible downside of Stratego going dark here is my prediction. Nothing will happen. The game will continue on without Customer Support or developers thus saving the company enough money to maintain server costs. Without CS the MT becomes a effort in futility so players will stop complaining.

Jumbo will just write Stratego.com off as a business loss. The comments about players who refuse to draw and abusive behavior will cease. The Forum will continue to be a place for off topic conversations, hints on how to better play the game, a staging area for tournaments and the whole thing will be forgotten in a month or two.

Their will always be players who refuse to draw and players who complain about them. If you are not playing a friend it is best to simply say good luck at the beginning and never open the battlechat again. This way you cannot be abused. The disconnecting hall of shame is simply an utter waste of your time, but it's your time to waste. 

Time to move to stratego.io

• donald.mallard likes this

#51 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:18 AM

That's not what I am saying at all. Read what I said again. IMO nothing will change except the players ability to complain about others and for the MT to take action. For 99% of the players nothing will change.

#52 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:15 AM

I'm trying this site. I can't get matched. i'm in the pool 10 minutes later

complaint department is on strike.

if you dislike a joke, not my problem. Sue me.

#53 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,649 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:06 AM

Good news, everyone! The admins have returned suddenly today, with an announcement from Mick. This means we will resume MT activities as before. There's a lot of old gunk to wade through, however, so bear with us on new things.
  • Caesar101 and donald.mallard like this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#54 Caesar101

Caesar101

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:15 AM

I'm trying this site. I can't get matched. i'm in the pool 10 minutes later

Yeah, thats the trouble it seems with a new stratego site. I'm sure all of us are willing to give it a try, but not enough people can get over there at once.

I suggest advertising, but that may not be enough to get the thousands of users off this site and onto that site.

#55 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,649 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:13 AM

Programming is still going on there. But things are coming along steadily, it seems. There are no graveyards still. No double chase or more squares type ruling installed. But the two squares rule works nigh perfectly, even with the scouts. There are many things that could be improved and hopefully will in time. For now, the responsiveness is far greater than this site to programming issues.

If you guys can't do anything else, you can play yourselves by copying the game link of one window to the address bar of another. It's a tripping headache to do, but it works!

:)

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#56 The Prodigal Son

The Prodigal Son

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Scout

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:22 AM

This is a really absurd question, I'm sure, but HOW does someone cheat on this site in their games?  I've been playing on here for over a year now and I don't even see how people can cheat.  Play unethically and behave like clowns, absolutely, but cheat?

Or, does this have something to do with creating multiple accounts and having one account constantly beat another one to boost one of the ratings???

Just curious.....

Don

#57 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:34 AM

In 2013, at the beginning of this website there was a bug in the program. When somebody was asking for draw or pause during the same second the opponent was moving then the opponent got kicked off the game with a defeat. Some players abused it and got systematic undeserved victories. This issue has then been solved by disabling the possibility to ask for draw or pause on opponent's turn.
Then in 2015 we had the case of waterfall who was playing against himself when the activity was low so he has been able to inflate his ELO ranking to reach even top of ranking.
Except these 2 cases we did not identify other cheating cases.
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#58 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,649 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:14 AM

This is a really absurd question, I'm sure, but HOW does someone cheat on this site in their games?

You made two good observations here. Cheating as happened in the dim and distant past is no longer an issue. It exists potentially in other areas, such as one you describe, however, and so can't be completely discounted because of that fact.
  • hondjekapitein likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users