donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:10 AM

We have no anarchy at the moment and I, for one, have faith in the community to hold together through this rough time. Admins are absent, yes, but this is not the first time, and we've survived every previous one to arrive at where we are today. So I'm sure we will do so again.

To answer TheO's question, depending on how long the admin absence is, we may render verdicts on every claim that is reported, or we may just begun afresh at that date. How much time for the latter has not been decided yet.

Gary, I hardly grovel or beg. But please end this strike. and do something about Astros. He's driving me crazy.

I'm grovelling. :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

please come back. see i sound like mrs. doubtfire now.

complaint department is on strike.

if you dislike a joke, not my problem. Sue me.

#22 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,649 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:44 AM

please end this strike. and do something about Astros. He's driving me crazy.

donald.mallard, the limit of our strike is that the MT is not opening new cases, nor publishing decisions on ones that were previously opened in the past few weeks. We still very much care about the site and will continue to do what we can to restore the former order. But the MT does not have the power that you ascribe to us. We are merely volunteers who are doing work for the admins that they do not care to do. We like to think we are putting a bit more of our knowledge of the game to work than what they typically have.

As for astros, I've not much advice for you, except to say that astros is like a very black coffee....usually potent and to the point; he's an acquired taste. :D

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#23 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:49 AM

donald.mallard, the limit of our strike is that the MT is not opening new cases, nor publishing decisions on ones that were previously opened in the past few weeks. We still very much care about the site and will continue to do what we can to restore the former order. But the MT does not have the power that you ascribe to us. We are merely volunteers who are doing work for the admins that they do not care to do. We like to think we are putting a bit more of our knowledge of the game to work than what they typically have.

As for astros, I've not much advice for you, except to say that astros is like a very black coffee....usually potent and to the point; he's an acquired taste. :D

Exactly, which is why players should thank you and MT.

You are basically admins without  admin privileges , though.

same with sevenseas, I guess. they're both to the point.

ok Gary. Good night. don't stay up too late.

Donald/Sam

#24 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:57 AM

Dear Stratego fans,

As you may have noticed admins have been absent from this forum for about one month now. None of our requests have been given follow up since then so we are forced, with regret, to announce that for time being MT activity will be limited to hiding/editing posts with abusive content until some new admin will come back. This means that for all cases of draw refusal, abusive behaviour in chat, or cheating, the MT is on strike until further notice and no new cases will be opened until then. Nevertheless, we will continue soliciting admins by pm and emails for actions as much as we can.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may create but look forward for your understanding of this situation which is beyond our control. We do not know when things will return to normal.

Nevertheless, we wish you continued enjoyment of this game and forum. If you are participating in either the Champions League or the upcoming WCO, we wish you to especially have a lot of fun in those tournament events.

Kind regards,

The MT: Napoleon 1er, Lonello, GaryLShelton, SymmeTric, and tobermoryx.

For a while now it has been like a house where the owner has gone away and left a sign out front to beware of the dog. But he has no dog.

Perhaps we could have continued like that for a while but when the burglars hear no barking , and they see that those bold enough to break the laws suffer no punishment , then may as well make an announcement like TheO .

How long should we keep up a pretence when people daily ask why cases they raised weeks ago have no action.

The last admin action was July 7 by a person who was moving to a new job.

Any draw refusers etc that read the forum can see that nothing happens .Those who don't will carry on as before.

How can anyone be surprised by this? Jumbo or whomever owns this place has been an absentee landlord for some time now. I salute those who worked on the MT with no pay and no thanks. There is no money to be made in keeping staff in place and I wouldn't be surprised to see this site go dark. Why should this company continue to support it with staff and server costs? Do you think there is some loyalty it feels towards the players? I highly doubt Stratego.com generates any interest in buying the boardgame. Being on strike is a bit dramatic is it not? Who are you on strike from whom and for what? You have no demands, nor leverage in which to expect these demands be met. They are very likely in the process of spinning this site off to anyone who is dumb enough to buy it. Why on earth you even bother is beyond me.

• donald.mallard likes this

#25 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,649 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:38 AM

Realistic, as always, queenbee1.

I'm completely in the dark about the business side of the site but for the love of this game still optimistically, and maybe naïvely, run around in the maze....

Somebody will turn on the lights sometime! :)

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#26 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:15 AM

Realistic, as always, queenbee1.

I'm completely in the dark about the business side of the site but for the love of this game still optimistically, and maybe naïvely, run around in the maze....

Somebody will turn on the lights sometime! :)

Gary, I am sad to post a comment like I did. I am an eternal optimist, but when it comes to business I call it like I see it. I hope I am dead wrong about this issue, but business is business and IMO the MT shouldn't have been carrying their water for them in the first place. The fact that you did so on a volunteer basis I say more power to you. I think the MT does a good job. That job should be handled by ownership with paid employees. Maybe they just shuttered the factory for 6 weeks and gave everyone a paid holiday as that is common in Europe. Let's hope that is the case.

#27 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:32 AM

queenbee - an optimist? I've seen ghosts, travelled through time, and kidnapped aliens but now I've heard it all...
  • njphillips12, Fairway, Caesar101 and 1 other like this

#28 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:55 AM

queenbee - an optimist?

Next I think won't be a surprise to you then. You covered the ghosts, travelling time and aliens, but you forgot the Lonello's.

It was me who called her The Eternal Optimist a couple of times, at which point she started to adopt that sobriquet.

Lo

#29 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:52 AM

Why would you announce this?

Players have free reign to cheat now.

So talking some nasty words is cheating now?

The most hypocrite player on this site : that's you

I suggest you tome it down cuz' I have tons of screenshots where you are insulting me.

And not only you but a lot of other well known establised regular vets who all have a so called 'good name and reputation'.

Not that I would report that since I'm pro freedom of speech.

People can say to me whatever they want, I don't care at all :)

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#30 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

@MT

The situation is out of any control. It is really shame that our forum is in big danger to be  transformed to something like in 2012-2013.

MT needs to take emergency measures starting from hide lot of posts in this and other topics. 

Only thing in this site which has value atm is the current and future tournaments. In these tournaments we have rules and we can manage punishments etc.

Please , at least protect these and the endless hours which have been spend from the organisers.

with respect

the man who created what is called now MT

• Sohal and Aris1970 like this

#31 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

queenbee - an optimist? I've seen ghosts, travelled through time, and kidnapped aliens but now I've heard it all...

Oh yes, She's a deep thinker/philosopher. 

as far as ghostes, I believe that God warns through other means, like poltergeists.

Time travel I believe in as well, I will never discuss it again.

Aliens?? we have been claiming aliens are landing for years. We have no proof that they do or do not exst.

i'm out.

sammy

#32 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:44 PM

The situation is out of any control

Yes, I tend to agree it was, yesterday. Today, luckily, things seem to have improved. We're currently discussing within MT how to prevent this from happening again and what to do with the past. It is a constant fight what to stop (for this is a family site as well) and what to let pass (as for freedom of speech as was just mentioned above). Personally I would only hope less "eye for an eye" and more "what you do not want to have said to yourself, do not say to another". And most here do not like to be insulted. I do like to quote this smart new member here:

I am so sorry to know about this occurrence.

Lo

#33 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:38 PM

yes I agree, Lo. what goes around comes arond. Even my words.

I'd like to apoligize to sevenseas, for saying hes a retard without using his common sense. I think all of us were in shocked yesterday by the annoucement and started saying our own philosophy on cheaters and liars. Which caused more problems.

Again, I am sorry Seven seas. 

Sam

• Caesar101 likes this

#34 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:06 PM

So talking some nasty words is cheating now?
The most hypocrite player on this site : that's you
I suggest you tome it down cuz' I have tons of screenshots where you are insulting me.
And not only you but a lot of other well known establised regular vets who all have a so called 'good name and reputation'.
Not that I would report that since I'm pro freedom of speech.
People can say to me whatever they want, I don't care at all :)

I have never accused you of cheating. I do not consider poor language to constitute cheating. I never reported you for bad language or any other offense. I merely stopped playing you because our games were no longer fun. There was nastiness on both sides and I got tired of it.
3 - 0

#35 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:22 PM

So Optician why don't you give me a nickname that fits your perception of me. Pick some comment out of context that I posted recently that is not about this current situation. It was Lo that called me an optimist. I am sure in the past I have said some pretty harsh things. 

Edited by queenbee1, 11 August 2016 - 07:32 PM.

#36 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:15 PM

I have never accused you of cheating. I do not consider poor language to constitute cheating. I never reported you for bad language or any other offense. I merely stopped playing you because our games were no longer fun. There was nastiness on both sides and I got tired of it.

You didn't report me?

Lol, you were the first to confirm that Pert was me, see topic abusive behaviour.

And speaking of that,...you knew for months I was Pert and all that time you didn't say anything to the mods.

Now suddenly when I'm busted a few times with Pert, you gonna talk? Makes sense indeed..... :rolleyes:

Btw, why do you claim you never accused me of cheating if I didn't say that at all?

All I said was that you are a hypocrite. You play fair though with your stupid lotto everytime :)

You started about this cheatingpart  here while the mods can't execute any bans anymore.

How can you cheat on this site btw?

So I guess tie refusers are cheaters as well as double chasers?

And someone who protects his cornersealed flag with two higher ranks against two miners is also cheating while there is no ISF double chase rule implemented?

Those are unsportive players, no cheaters.

That's the only main problem this site faces now,.....the tie refusers.

Freedom of speech rules and the double chasing is also justified in my opinion.

It's justified for flag protection with two ranks up.

And since the programmer is gone, there won't be an ISF implementation regarding this double chase rule so that's perfect!

This site suffers from severe crybabies.

Those who won't settle for a clear draw and those who are so lighthurted that every word can be too much.

#37 kokokitty

kokokitty

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:35 AM

Apart from the trickz and Astros...errmm, personal dispute and argument to settle, which is between the two of them,

I agree with trickz comments on the rest of the gameplay.

#38 goy

goy

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:52 PM

I am notorious for reporting tie refusers. I had to play for 1.30h last night cause there is no punishment or the moment. so it tends to get worse and worse

#39 kokokitty

kokokitty

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:01 PM

I tell u what's worse. When u fall behind in pieces and/or info, and this person still pull back and shuffle behind the lake, patiently waiting for u to attack.

Its an awesome feeling.
  • goy likes this

#40 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

I tell u what's worse. When u fall behind in pieces and/or info, and this person still pull back and shuffle behind the lake, patiently waiting for u to attack.

Its an awesome feeling.

Yo Kokokitty,

You're right indeed!

Good players have decisive deeds

but antiplayers might be pleased

to get a tiny lead!

A bunch of cowards who think :

"Why the need

to scout his guys and see

another waste of time, the need?

None, cuz' I play like the tightest dweep

so I don't even invest a scout cuz' his miner flees!

Let him do the attacks, I don't try this steez

cuz' from now on, I only react with a sting like a giant bee!"

I hate those players, such guys are weak

but I guess there's no other option than to try and seek.

despite your dream to be tight indeed

so against them you wisely need

to recover from two ranks down with a high esteem!  ;)

Let 'm have the info with two caps down as price to see

his highest piece

plus his general which you're gonna bluff off with the spy it seems!  :D

Let him pay an expensive tax if he wants his finder's fee

and just deny his need to request for a tie indeed.

Disguise a three as a higher piece

who threatens to kill his sergeant when he tries to flee!

You need the sickest bluffs as a cybergeek

to fight his lead, try it please

and if it doesn't work out, you might agree

to get a trashtalk in, wishin' that this guy will bleed!  :D

And that's again the end of my rhymin' schemes

so goodbye and peace! ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users