• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:49 PM

NASF Regular Season

1. General:

a. The NASF is pleased to host a regular season open to all North American players
b. The tournament will be run by astros, steelers, The Prof, Will Wallace, and --Wogomite--.
c. The tournament will begin in September 5th (Rough start date).
d. Players who participate will become members of the NASF if they are not already.
e. Players who can not participate in this even may still join the NASF and can play in future events.

2. Eligibility:

a. A player must possess citizenship in a North American, Central American or Caribbean country. Players with duel citizenship are permitted as long as they are a citizen of a North American country.

b.i. A player must have an ELO score of at least 600, played 1000 games, or completed any two tournaments on this site without missing a game for a good reason.
b.ii. Exceptions may be granted by the TC on a case by case basis.
c. A player must be registered at the Stratego.com forum.
d. A player may only enter on one account. The player must use the same account in all tournaments run by the NASF.
e.i. The tournament judges reserve the right to refuse entry to any player suspected of not meeting the eligibility requirements.

e.ii. The tournaments judges may refuse entry to any player who meets the entry requirements, if there are concerns about that players availability.

3. Format of the Season:

a. The season will be consist of league play followed by playoffs and bowl games.
b. The regular season consists of four parts.
c.i. (Conference Games period 1) Players play the first half of their conference games.
c.ii. (Non-Conference Games period 1) Players play their first 3 non-conference games.
c.iii. (Conference Games period 2) Players play the second half of their conference games.
c.iv. (Non-Conference Games period 2) Players play their last 2 non-conference games.

d.i. The top players at the end of the season will participate in the playoffs.
d.ii. The number of playoff spots is proportional to the number of players and will be as follows:
n < 30 6 spots
30 =< n < 42 8 spots
n => 42 8 spots
e. Players with a winning record in the regular season may be invited to play in bowl games.

4. Conferences:

a. Conferences will consist of 8 to 10 players.
b.i. Players will be divided into pots primarily by max ELO. The tournament judges may use subjective judgement in some cases (eg when max ELO is unavailable).
b.ii. Pots will be randomly and evenly distributed among conferences.
c. Participants will play everyone in their conference once.
d. Players earn 1 points for a win, 0.5 points for a draw, 0 for a loss, and 0 if they do not show up.
e.i. The player with the most points in conference games wins the conference, non-conference games do not effect conference standings.
e.ii. If two players are tied head to head record will be the first tiebreak, then RPI.

5. Non-Conference Games:

a.i. In addition to conference games, participants will also play 5 non-conference games.

a.ii. A player may not schedule someone in their conference as a non-conference opponent.
b. During the first two weeks of the regular season players may schedule 3 non-conference games.
c. During the first non-conference period, players may schedule two additional non-conference games.
d. Once scheduled non-conference games may not be cancelled.
e.i. If a player does not schedule a non-conference opponent, one will be assigned to them by the Tournament Judges.

e.ii. The tournament judges will assign matchups to players who do not have opponents.

6. Playoffs:

a. Every conference winner earns a spot in the playoffs.
b. The remaining slots will be filled by the players with the highest RPI who have not already qualified.
c.i. The conference winners receive the highest seeds.
c.ii. Playoff seeds will then be sorted by RPI.
d. The playoffs will follow a single elimination format.

7. Bowl Games:

a. Players with an overall winning record in the regular season may be invited to participate in bowl games.
b. Bowl games are optional.
c. The tournament judges will subjectively determine matchups for bowl games.

8. Arrangement:

a. Players are expected to play one game a week. The game must be completed by Monday 12 AM EST.
b. Players will use the forum topic of where their match is posted and give at least give some time slots of availability.
c. To be valid, a time slot must be at least two hours. A time slot must fall between 6 PM - 12 AM EST Monday through Friday or 12 PM - 12 AM EST Saturday and Sunday.
d. If both players have posted valid time slots (in accordance with Rule 8.c.) by Wednesday 11:59 PM EST, but there is no matching time, then players may continue to post valid time slots until Friday 11:59 PM EST. If no agreement has been reached (by Friday 11:59 PM EST) then the game will automatically be scheduled for Sunday 8:00 PM EST.
NOTE: Players may still MUTUALLY agree to play their game on a different time, as long as it starts no later than Sunday 11:00 PM EST.
e. If a player is not present 10 minutes after the scheduled match time their opponent may claim victory by taking a screenshot of their opponent offline on their friends list.
f. If both players fail to appear during set scheduled match of 8 PM EST on Sunday, then both players receive 0 points.
see 14. Addendum to the rules

9. Reporting:

a. For a result to be official the winner must send a screenshot to the tournament board clearly showing the result or may post screen shot to forum via file attachment or hyperlink to a picture sharing site. The winner must hide his opponent's pieces if posting to the forum.
b. If both players confirm the result of the match, the tournament board will accept this in lieu of a screenshot. However, it is strongly recommended that players screenshot the result.

10. Disqualification:

a. A player may be disqualified if they miss more than 2 games or violate the rules in this tournament.
b.i. If a player has played at least n-2 conference games, where n is the number of conference games scheduled, then their remaining conference opponents will receive a win.
b.ii. If a player has not played at least n-2 conference games, all of their results will be voided.
c. If a player is disqualified and has played fewer than 3 conference games, then their non-conference results will be voided.
d. The tournament judges will assign new match ups to players who have had their opponents disqualified.

11. Additional Rules:

a. If a player feels their opponent is refusing a draw, they should report it to the tournament judges. The tournament judges will rules on draw refusal cases according to the rules of the Moderation Team. Those rules can be found here:http://forum.strateg...e-26#entry63914
b.i. If a player feels their opponent is demonstrating abusive behavior, they should report it to the tournament judges. Players found guilty of abusive behavior will be removed from the tournament and may be removed from the NASF.
b.ii. If a player disconnects on their opponent instead of surrendering that player is guilty of abusive behavior.

b.iii. If a player refuses a draw as established by 11.a. , then that player is guilty of abusive behavior.
b.iv. Players are expected to be respectful on the forums.
c. This event will enforce the ISF rule of double chasing. Any lengthy double chasing that is recorded on video may be presented to the judges. If the video shows such evidence exists of double chasing, the player in violation will forfeit that match.
d.i. Unless both players agree to it, no video recording of a match may be published to any website. d.ii. A player may record a game for private use.

d.iii. A player may record a video if their opponent is violating the rules of stratego.com or the NASF rules. The video will only be shared to that of tournament judges: astros, steelers, The Prof, Will Wallace, and --Wogomite--
d.iv. If a player is disconnected, a replay may be granted with the approval of the disconnectee's opponent and the tournament judges.
e. Participants may only post on their game thread, the tournament questions thread, and in the Marshal Blitz.

12. RPI

a. RPI will be calculated using the formula: .25 (WP%) +.5 (OPW%) + .25 (OOPW%). Where WP% is a player's win percentage (draws count as half a win and half a loss), OPW% is the average win percentage of the player's opponents, not counting the results of the games of these opponents against the player, and OOPW% (Opponent's opponents win percentage) is the average OPW% of a player's opponents.

13. Sign Up for Event:

Sign your name on the thread below if you are interested in joining our event and meet our eligibility requirements.

14. Addendum to the Rules:

(These additions and adjustments supersede previous rules if there are in conflict)

a. (10/3/16) In an effort to help get more games decided on the battlefield rather than by forfeit, a player who is a no-show for his match will be allowed to play the match before or during Week 13, the week before the post-season begins. This may be done for a maximum of two times during the regular season. One strike is counted against a player each time he/she is responsible for not getting a match played during any given week. A second strike will result in a conversation with the tournament committee, and a third strike will result in disqualification from the tournament, and nullification of all match results of that player. This rule covers cases in which one player is present at the arranged match time or the default time of Sunday 8pm Eastern, and the other player is not.

b. (9/10/16) If neither player makes an effort to play a game and both are no-shows at the default time of Sunday 8pm Eastern, then the Committee will reschedule the game for another week. Players will be responsible for playing their regularly scheduled games each week as well as making-up the missed game. If both players are no-shows again during the rescheduled week then both players will receive a strike.

c. (10/3/16) Depending on the circumstances of a player's absence and effort in scheduling a match, the committee may decide not to award a strike.

d. (10/31/16) If a player's conference opponent is disqualified and the opponent has played at least n-2 conference games, then the player will receive a win. This win does not affect RPI.

e. (10/31/16) All players will play 10 games that count towards their RPI. A player cannot receive RPI points for a game that is forfeited unless the forfeit occurs in Week 13.

Edited by astros, 01 November 2016 - 01:35 AM.
Updated 10/31: Games that are won by default do not affect RPI unless the forfeit happens in Week 13

• KARAISKAKIS and texaspete09 like this
3 - 0

#2 texaspete09

texaspete09

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 545 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:10 PM

I am in , -4gmt.
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#3 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,174 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:15 PM

I am in edt or -4 gmt

#4 mrbrainiac

mrbrainiac

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:20 PM

IN

GMT - 4

#5 robmatthews15

robmatthews15

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:34 PM

In GMT -4

#6 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:37 PM

I will participate.
3 - 0

#7 Will Wallace

Will Wallace

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:01 AM

I'm in.

#8 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 458 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:06 AM

I'm in

#9 njphillips12

njphillips12

Miner

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:22 AM

in. GMT -4.

- N

#10 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

Im in

#11 Sgt. Blkdog

Sgt. Blkdog

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:39 AM

count me in please

Wuf!

#12 josephwhite

josephwhite

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:59 AM

I'm in

#13 chefwd76

chefwd76

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:33 AM

I'm in -5gmt

Let anybody that believe's something is impossible be interrupted by somebody else completing the task, for it is only impossible for those who cannot.

#14 Vap0r

Vap0r

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:58 AM

I'm in.

GMT - 7 (PST)

#15 MTinsley

MTinsley

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 298 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:21 AM

I will join.

#16 Buck Facari

Buck Facari

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:49 AM

Hi, I"m Buck Facari.

Astros invited me & I'd like to join.

#17 128628bozo

128628bozo

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:10 PM

Hi guys

Even if my ELO is going down,I would like to join if you want me

Thanks

AndrĂ©  128628bozo

:rolleyes: Playing Stratego online worth a lot.Everything else is just details            

#18 Jiujitsu

Jiujitsu

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:26 PM

please sign me up

#19 The Prof

The Prof