dviltje

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:02 PM

I haven't been able to play a lot recently, but since a few days I am back. Unfortunately I am experiencing a pretty bad losing streak. I lost about 10 times in a row now, starting from yesterday. I think I lost about 100 ELO points. I even managed to actually lose from someone who had blocked off two sides, which should be easy to win, normally. Somehow I have the feeling that I "lost" my ability to think clearly and it seems that my setups are not working for me anymore. Therefore, I tried to design new setups, but it doesn't really seem to work. I don't know why I am doing so badly. It might be because I haven't been playing for a while.

Anyways, enough about me. I was wondering if there are more people who have been experiencing this feeling lately. If yes, what do you do to "cure" it?

#2 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:48 PM

I'll friend you and we can play a few games. 

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#3 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:29 AM

1. Avoid Spartan Warriors!!!!!!

2. See #1

3. Go capture the flag!!!!!!!!

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#4 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:44 AM

I haven't been able to play a lot recently, but since a few days I am back. Unfortunately I am experiencing a pretty bad losing streak. I lost about 10 times in a row now, starting from yesterday. I think I lost about 100 ELO points. I even managed to actually lose from someone who had blocked off two sides, which should be easy to win, normally. Somehow I have the feeling that I "lost" my ability to think clearly and it seems that my setups are not working for me anymore. Therefore, I tried to design new setups, but it doesn't really seem to work. I don't know why I am doing so badly. It might be because I haven't been playing for a while.

Anyways, enough about me. I was wondering if there are more people who have been experiencing this feeling lately. If yes, what do you do to "cure" it?

Don't worry this happens to almost all players (seems that only hielco and nortrom don't face this issue). Think positive and the gum ball effect will occur ... when you've reached the rockbottom the gum ball moves up again with a lot of energy.
All these defeats will have taught you something which will allow you to become even better.
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#5 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:30 PM

Yeah, I once lost 11 straight games, many against players I normally beat easily, it was awful. But then all of a sudden it turned around and I won 15 in a row! Very weird, I rarely get streaks that long either way.

#6 Dr. Zomboss

Dr. Zomboss

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:00 PM

I sometimes are on a winning streak and sometimes on a losing streak and sometimes both.

#7 Dr. Zomboss

Dr. Zomboss

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:01 PM

Just play more people that are better than you and learn from them.

#8 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,900 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:08 PM

I recommend winning ;). On a more serious note: those pesky losing streaks happen every now and then.

When yoh notice it is starting to get on your nerves, its best to come back tomorrow.

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

See this thread my blog post

#9 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:45 PM

I recommend winning ;). On a more serious note: those pesky losing streaks happen every now and then.

When yoh notice it is starting to get on your nerves, its best to come back tomorrow.

Like you ever experience losing streaks?  :D

I don't know how you do it but on the board, there's not much human about you I'd say.

You are able to memorize at least five or six pieces without losing track, you almost never (99 percent that is) make a mistake, you're a crack when it comes to recognize patterns, bombs, structures,.... and one way or the other you always have your pieces at the right time at the right place against any thinkable army there is out there,....from bronze to platinum, lotto or not.....forget it cuz' Nortrom is always standing good.

What I'm saying is,.........cuz' I experience those losing streaks as well,.....and it has been now for years that I constantly go back and forth between 800 and 700, even back to 650, to climb back up again, and I fall down again, it doesn't stop.

I don't progress anymore and believe me, I've tried every kind of setup where I was even willing to risk a col to get the info (just going bzerk and then trying to outplay and outnumber him).

Unless you're a programmed robot, I'd say it's impossible.

Maybe that is cuz' this is my true level (700-800).

You guys always speak about 'endless grow' en 'you learn from your mistakes', and 'it will go better after a time', you never face any swings.  It's easy talking like that if you're naturally priviliged to have a real left rational section of the brain that is brilliantly coping with the conditions of this game.

I don't have that privilege.

It's not my style of play that brings me the problem.

It's rather my lack of memorizing pieces, my lack to see structures clearly

or also typically me,.....to make structural (they don't go away, once and a while it keeps on coming) MISCLICKS or stupid moves that cost me the game.

But yeah, compared to you I'm a noob so what do I know right :)

Edited by trickz, 09 August 2016 - 07:46 PM.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users