#121 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:17 PM

You should tell them how you're considered over here. As The Eternal Optimist. And you are Queenbee. You are. With your "Carry on, carry on, nothing to see here". But I see you do own a tinfold head. I've got my aluhead. Let's watch and see how many times we put it up in 2017. Count the numbers. See if your group is right, or that we are. I think by the end of the year, we'll still be looking at you as The Eternal Optimist!

How on earth will we count them? I have been programmed to be an optimist. Just talking about the ethics of the driver assist cars now on the road gets me onto a defensive island by myself.

Have you seen the new movie "Snowden" yet?

Any sane person will see that the power is behind the throne and not the POTUS. They have it all on data files. Everything you do, type and share. Even click of the mouse. If you even ruffled one feather or organize a protest group you will be crushed like a bug. I want to be a small bug so they don't notice me.

What I can't understand is how someone kisses his wife and sends his kids off to school. Then goes into the office and with a computer he kills people in Pakistan just because he is told they are the bad guy. "Collateral Damage" means nothing to them. They are the real robots of the future. The men and women who operate drones without feeling. Kill a hundred people in a day and go home for dinner and watch sitcoms with the kids.

How can a human achieve such disconnection from what they are doing is beyond me. Hopey (Obama) ran on a platform that things would be different and he lied. They all lie. Trump will be the perfect POTUS because lying to him is natural.

#122 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,905 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:48 PM

How on earth will we count them?

We'll do one at a time, Queenbee.

No I haven't seen "Snowden" yet but I thought you said he hated Hillary?

He's a hero to me, just like Assange. But some people call them gullible for falling into Putin's trap. After all, Snowden's residence is Russia now. By default. 

I think they are just all bad apples. Taking Hillary out is one, but next is impeaching The Donald :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :o  :o  :o!

Hopey Obama? That's the first time I heard that nickname. Here in my country elections are coming. It won't be much of a surprise to you who I'm going to vote. Our Jill is called Jesse. And his slogan is "Jesse we can!" :) :rolleyes: B) 

Lo

#123 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:10 PM

Yes I used to refer to him as Hopey for all his lies. He inspired me with Hope and then they told him to STFU and get with the program.

So he did do some good for the country, but The Donald will be far worse than any of us can imagine.

Snowden was marginalized and criminalized by the entire power structure. How dare he make transparent what they try so hard to hide?

He is on a temporary visa that will expire in 2017. He would come back, but there is no chance of a fair trial. The Donald will renege on any deal the AG makes in the next 20 days. I don't think there is a deal to be made. I too made deals with the devils in security. I was scared to death when I retired, but I was just being paranoid. After 6 months I realized that I didn't pose a threat to TPTB. 

This forum is so irrelevant that I can state some of my beliefs, but not all. When you see Snowden you will understand that no place is really safe unless you move off the grid into a cave and tell no one where you are going. I cannot live like that so I don't have the courage of Snowden. I also never had access to anything that important. He was on the inside of the Real Powers That Be.

I don't know what it is about Assange, but I don't like him. He seems slimy to me. I don't know all that Snowden stole and I understand why he did it, but he agreed not to. So I will stop short of calling him a hero. A courageous man no doubt. He gave up his life and one day he will no longer be relevant, but the US Government will keep him in exile the rest of his life or put him in a federal prison. Trump has threatened him with the death penalty.

As for his relationship with Hillary or his opinion of her that I did not know. I assume that he doesn't trust anyone who has accepts the current power structure. Very powerful men do very bad things to keep us safe. Most people are OK with that. They want safety and will trade privacy to get it.

#124 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,905 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

You've got quite a big tinfoil head I must say, Queenbee. Must look very lady like.

8ae55f29e57389bbc120a50943a5372c.jpg

I am up 0-1 now in our score for Eternal Optimist 2017!

I am afraid you're right about Snowden. He was in trouble in Russia already. And since Putin and Trump are best buddies, they must be agreeing as we speak to extradite him in exchange of getting rid of the sanctions.

When that friend of yours says "I've never heard him criticize Russia," help them to one of many articles like this:

Lo

#125 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:36 PM

"The world is a business Mr Boyle. It has been since we crawled out of the slime."

#126 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:53 PM

You've got quite a big tinfoil head I must say, Queenbee. Must look very lady like.

Lo this is not tin foil hat stuff. Tin foil hat is claiming that the Twin Towers fell due a vast government conspiracy to justify an invasion in Iraq. Or that there were shooters on the grassy knoll when Kennedy was shot. How about that Obama is a Muslim. Even John McCain knew better and yet The Donald wouldn't budge. That's right our President elect has a big tin foil hat on. Now he will get his intelligence from Flynn and other nut jobs.

"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." 

Maya Angelou

Edited by queenbee1, 04 January 2017 - 09:25 PM.

#127 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:38 PM

I got lost over in Religion 2 for no good reason. I just finished the Netflix Original series "Travelers" and all I can say is wow. Time travel and AI in the same package. It made me question if I could travel back in time and change historical events would I?

What if someone born in 2110 went back and changed a major event in history? Could it then effect their even being born? I love the idea of time travel, but now we are talking about Chaos Theory. Care to wade into the deep end of the pool?

The Butterfly Effect: This effect grants the power to cause a hurricane in China to a butterfly flapping its wings in New Mexico. It may take a very long time, but the connection is real. If the butterfly had not flapped its wings at just the right point in space/time, the hurricane would not have happened. A more rigorous way to express this is that small changes in the initial conditions lead to drastic changes in the results. Our lives are an ongoing demonstration of this principle. Who knows what the long-term effects of teaching millions of kids about chaos and fractals will be?

Maybe nothing and maybe it would change the world.

#128 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:46 PM

I started thinking about mankind and the evolution of thought as opposed to natural selection. I can almost understand how people believe in an unseen god, but how can you foresee the future? In comes my concept of The Law of Unintended Consequence. I will call it LUC. So if man were created out of thin air how can you know what humans will do given free will? It makes me suspect that if there is a creator or we were seeded here by an alien species maybe this is all an experiment in a controlled environment that was done before on other planets.

Free will seems to be an illusion created by our ego. We pat ourselves on the back when we succeed, but we don't always accept responsibility for failure. We are obsessed with laws and punishment so much so that we now house over 2 million Americans in horrific conditions. Then we won't hire them once they get out of prison.

The LUC creates a whole subculture of people who have to live in the shadows

Why are we blaming the Syrians for their predicament when in fact two superpowers are using their country as an excuse to use their weapons. I don't know that much about Syria, but there is a big humanitarian issue going on there and it doesn't interrupt Americans from sitting down to a big dinner and then watch sitcoms all while the kids are spending much time on their smart phones.

In the meantime Turkey, Jordan, Germany, France and many other countries are being overwhelmed by refugees and we don't seem to give a damn. Have we no compassion for these people who through no fault of their own are now homeless and in refugee camps? Iraq is overrun by thugs in the guise of ISIS. These animals band together in some misguides attempt to bring about a worldwide caliphate when in fact they are nothing more than a criminal culture. They exist due to Bush's misadventure to remove an evil dictator. LUC would have it that ISIS became worse than Saddam. LUC would also have that Assad (who posed no danger to the US) was better than today's mess.

Africa was inhabited by primitive tribes and because it was legal in the US to import slaves, many were taken from their families and enslaved to work the fields. LUC would have the South in flames and millions dead as a result in the civil war. However, today many decent's of Africans live in poverty or are imprisoned. Our racial tensions are not really being addressed and there is so much resentment on both sides of this issue. Again LUC rears its ugly head.

There are so many example of LUC during recorded history that it is hard for me to believe that the life I live is anything but the product of luck. Technology is outpacing our ability to create new jobs. More and more wealth is concentrated in the hands of the few and they are not to blame. It is all just a matter of LUC.

Ergo IMO the LUC has some nasty repercussions coming our way. Just as Egypt, China, Germany, Japan, Italy and Greek empires rose and then fell into ruin so too one day will it happen here. It is all just a matter of time and LUC.

Edited by queenbee1, 19 January 2017 - 07:30 PM.

#129 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:28 AM

Do you think you can change your behavior just by sheer will power. Do you think that you get to choose your parents and where you will be born or do you just leave it to some sort of cosmic plan guided by an invisible force that can see all possible future outcomes of every event and intertwine them into a tapestry that makes up our lives?

Just to get to our fairly comfortable life a lot of things go wrong as well as right. Humanoids are programmed from birth and some are going to die early and others late. No one sets out to fail, but everyone cannot succeed.

We have 5 senses and a brain and yet many of us believe in an invisible omnipotent being that keeps it all together and based on your good deeds vs your bad ones (as if someone is keeping score) you will live in eternal happiness or damnation. This is pretty hard stretch of the imagination.

When I sit quietly in the grass in my backyard on a beautiful day I look over at my cat and I think "this is heaven."

Impermanence is the only thing I can count on.

Edited by queenbee1, 12 February 2017 - 06:26 AM.

#130 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:01 PM

If you die and you can't remember the life you lived, how are you going to know how to act? Do you think death is a magical reset button?

We are our memories and the older we live the less we have. Try and remember what you were doing on March 7, 2016. Our brains are in decay along with the rest of our body. What would immortality actually be like? When I try to imagine "being one thing forever" I get depressed. How boring would that be? 

#131 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:27 AM

It's a Mad World

By Gary Jules

I just love this video.

#132 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

Trump has moved me in ways I cannot put my finger on. I feel like I am one of those crazies walking down the street wearing a sandwich boards "The End is Near"

Hello? (hello) (hello)
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone at home?
Come on (come on), now
I hear you're feeling down
Well I can ease your pain
And get you on your feet again
Relax
I need some information first
Just the basic facts
Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain, you are receding
A distant ship, smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain you would not understand
This is not how I am
I have become comfortably numb

#133 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

I think somewhere in these seven pages I may have mentioned that I an reading the Tibetan Book of the Living and Dying. Since I am much closer to the end than the beginning I start to look around me and wonder is that it? Did my life have meaning or was it pointless? I don't want to die and go off to some paradise. I need challenges. I need struggle. I need failure to feel the joy of success. I love to laugh. What memories will I take with me on the next incarnation if anything? Should I fear death or embrace it?

#134 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

My opinion is that my life had meaning to me and those I interacted with. Did the flapping of my butterfly wings impact someone else across the street or somewhere in the world I do not know. What lies beyond is the great unknown. I will miss the 5 senses more than the people. If there is a soul (consciousness) beyond what this body can sustain I feel I am prepared. I am not afraid nor will I miss this life. I hope it will be a new adventure and if it is nothingness. Well, I won't be conscious of it anyway.

#135 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:27 PM

I don't expect and answer, but I have been thinking "what is time." Where do memories go?

Edited by queenbee1, 02 May 2017 - 10:28 PM.

#136 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:14 AM

Is it true if I believe it is true regardless of the science? Can I believe the earth is flat and that it is just a hoax that it is round and that my concept is just as real as those who believe the earth is round? I have seen proof the the world is round. I can't just believe an alternative truth. I mean isn't that what religion does. Despite the fact that science can now prove the earth is around a billion years old can I just say BS to the facts and live in my own world?

The Buddha talked of enlightenment, but it was his enlightenment not mine. Maybe he was the only person ever to be able to find that enlightenment he spoke of. Then there is Islam and their truth. What of the deeply religious people who believe that the only cure and that is faith. Then they watch their child die of an appendix rupture. It was just God's will wasn't it? Are they as guilty of murder as the parents who abort a fetus? What of the teen who didn't understand how sex might result in pregnancy and terminates the pregnancy as it will in her opinion ruin her life? Who is going to support all these unwanted children? Seems that God's will is all the good things and all the bad things are based on human free will.

Edited by queenbee1, 20 June 2017 - 07:01 PM.

#137 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

It is summer time again in Orlando. Heat is scorching the earth at highs of 95-100F. The birds don't seem to care as I hear them chirping their mating call. My cat is curled up on my bed without a care in the world.

My world hasn't changed much. My game play started to take off and then hit the wall again. Do I care? I do care and I can't understand why. Stratego is such a small part of my life. So I'm sitting back and told Alexa to play me some music and she picked Dire Straights. Now I wonder where she gets her information on my likes and dislikes, but the only song I know that they wrote was Sultans of Swing. As I listened to the song I remembered that song and asked her to play it for me.

I jut liked the song and never knew the lyrics. Life is sort of like that. Skipping around from place to place and stopping for a moment to pay attention. Then moving on to something else. Reminds me of Pink Floyd's song Time. All those alarms going off and then these melancholy lyrics

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say

Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
When I come home cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away, across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spell

Edited by queenbee1, 12 May 2017 - 09:26 PM.

• Unladen Swallow likes this

#138 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:45 AM

Pink Floyd's Breathe

Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care
Leave but don't leave me
Look around, choose your own ground
For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all your touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be
Run, rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be"

Some days this is all I think there is. Memories fade and are lost forever.

"Don't be afraid to care"

Love as much as you can. This is it. There is no "ever after."

Feel free to fantasize that there is an afterlife, but that's all it is. Justify it with holy books, but from what I have seen and what can be proved dead is dead. That is not meant to be verbose. Just realistic.

Run rabbit Run
Dig hole forget the sun.
At last the work is done.
Time to dig another one

That rat race. It goes on and on chasing your tail hoping that one day you will have enough, but it's never enough is it?

And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave

Most of our life is chasing around so senselessly and then it is over. It goes by that fast. Comparing your life to eternity it last only a millisecond and you are gone. 50 years later you are forgotten.

So I take my time and I smile a lot and i look up at the sky and I breathe in the air. Life is good. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I hope the Queenbee Tournaments will be successful and fun. Maybe in ten years someone who plays Stratego if the game is still online will remember me when I am gone.

The older I get the more I realize how little I really know. So many of the memories are lost or not remembered. History was a class in high school and even in College it barely touched the surface. In high school it was memorization of meaningless events. Meaningless to me other than to pass a test. In college I had to research, but it was tedious as I still wanted to play. Now history is amazing to me.

• Unladen Swallow likes this

#139 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:09 AM

If we reach the point that an AI can pass the Turing test I wonder is that consciousness? If you can't tell the difference between a human and a machine in a conversation I think that it is. These machines would potentially develop a sense of self preservation. Does that make them alive? That is what the whole idea about this topic is really about. What does it mean to be conscious and alive?

#140 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,069 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

FYI thanks Unladen Swallow for the like. If not the best album of my lifetime certainly in the top 3. When I was young I used a lot of psychedelics and it was mind blowing. I saw how it could be, but the problem with that is you get high and then you come down and you cannot remember. I have been searching all my life for the key.

So I meditate and I practice mindfulness. Being in the moment and experiencing sheer joy from looking up at the blue sky (day or night), the clouds, listening to the rain, a warm breeze on my cheeks or something as simple as breathing. It is the forgetting that bother me. Sometimes I think I need to tell people what I feel and share something that cannot be shared. You either get it or you don't. It's like trying to describe a smell or a color. I can't do it.

I think around the same time the Beatles were looking for answers from the Yogis in India the Moody Blues drummer Graeme Edge's wrote The Word and like Sgt Pepper they started removing the silence between tracks. The Word was spoken, but it lead into a song written by Mike Pinder who played Organs and a new gizmo called the melotron. The final song on "In Search of the Lost Chord" was a word and the word was Om.

Om it is phonetically said Aoom

The poetry of

The Word and the song Om

This garden universe vibrates complete
Some, we get a sound so sweet

Vibrations reach on up to become light
And then through gamma, out of sight

Between the eyes and ears there lie
The sounds of colour and the light of a sigh

And to hear the sun, what a thing to believe
But it's all around if we could but perceive

To know ultraviolet, infrared and X-rays
Beauty to find in so many ways

Two notes of the chord, that's our poor scope
But to reach the chord is our life's hope

And to name the chord is important to some
So they give it a word, and the word is...
OM

The rain is on the roof
Hurry high, butterfly
As clouds roll past my head
I know why the skies all cry

OM 
OM
Heaven
OM

The Earth turns slowly round
Far away a distant sound
Is with us everyday
Can you hear, what it say?

OM 
OM
Heaven
OM

The rain is on the roof
Hurry high, butterfly
As clouds roll past my head
I know why the skies all cry

OM 
OM
Heaven
OM

I don't expect it to make any sense, but I have heard colors and seen sounds. I've watched grass sparkle and walls move in waves. I have been the observer. It is an amazing feeling, but alas not one I can share.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users