queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:47 AM

Do you believe you are conscious and how do you know that you are? How do you measure consciousness?

At what point would a machine be considered conscious?

More and more ethical concerns come up when programming driver assist cars. Do you trust a car manufacturer when programming ethics for example saving the driverless cars, that avoid a crash that would kill the rider thereby running over 5 pedestrians?

What about the computer that identifies a potential nuclear attack and fires its arsenal in response? Without knowing what is inside the warheads could it was a training exercise?

#64 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:45 PM

Just pinned this topic as it wasn't fair that it wasn't ;).

I did advertise here: http://forum.strateg...985#entry103985 ;)

Lo

#65 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:59 PM

Thanks Lonello,

"Each morning when I awake like a scholar at his first class. I prepare a blank mind for the day, to write upon."

Some say they know the truth as if the truth were static and unchanging. The only constant in the universe is change. There is no truth.

"The seekers find their way here year after year. Willing, eager to pay the terrible price to see what is in that book of mirrors. And when they fling open the book in blazing expectation of finding all the answers to all of life’s questions. And what do they find? Themselves! There is no book, no enlightenment outside yourself. The seekers who arrived before are mostly at the temple. But some have gone back into the world. And in all manner of disguises. They provide the trials such as you have experienced. Some become teachers."

One day you may find a teacher. A guide so to speak. However, One is taught in accordance to one’s fitness to learn. 

#66 Conspiracy Theorist

Conspiracy Theorist

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:32 PM

I believe I am conscious and self aware. I have the freedom to do as I wish whilst also being aware of the consequences of all of my actions. A machine isn't conscious and is only capable of what it is programmed to do. For example, a calculator can not tell me the weather tomorrow in NYC, because it was not told how to do that. 

More and more ethical concerns come up when programming driver assist cars. Do you trust a car manufacturer when programming ethics for example saving the driverless cars, that avoid a crash that would kill the rider thereby running over 5 pedestrians?

What about the computer that identifies a potential nuclear attack and fires its arsenal in response? Without knowing what is inside the warheads could it was a training exercise?

I love the driverless car dilemma you post about. It reminds me of the trolley problem.

I don't trust driverless cars because I do not think they can understand road rules and assess hazards as well as a human could. There are a multitude of real world examples that are complex, but humans can make split-second decisions and have an instinct to know exactly what to do, unlike computers:

• Would the vehicle know to slow down if it recognizes a hazard? (e.g. a child playing with a ball near the road, an impatient pedestrian attempting to run across the road)

• Would the car be able to predict other vehicle's actions, even when the other driver may not be perfect? 

• Would a driverless car know what to do if there is a sudden change to the road (e.g. weather conditions, road work, diversions)?

I will assume these cars will be programmed with utilitarian ethics. Here is an interesting article about this I found on the internet. Speaking hypothetically, would you as a passenger sacrifice yourself to save 10 pedestrians?

Government will have to regulate these new cars for sure. 

#67 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:42 PM

I believe I am conscious and self aware. I have the freedom to do as I wish whilst also being aware of the consequences of all of my actions. A machine isn't conscious and is only capable of what it is programmed to do. For example, a calculator can not tell me the weather tomorrow in NYC, because it was not told how to do that. 

I love the driverless car dilemma you post about. It reminds me of the trolley problem.

I don't trust driverless cars because I do not think they can understand road rules and assess hazards as well as a human could. There are a multitude of real world examples that are complex, but humans can make split-second decisions and have an instinct to know exactly what to do, unlike computers:

• Would the vehicle know to slow down if it recognizes a hazard? (e.g. a child playing with a ball near the road, an impatient pedestrian attempting to run across the road)
  •  
  • Would the car be able to predict other vehicle's actions, even when the other driver may not be perfect? 
  •  
  • Would a driverless car know what to do if there is a sudden change to the road (e.g. weather conditions, road work, diversions)?
  •  

I will assume these cars will be programmed with utilitarian ethics. Here is an interesting article about this I found on the internet. Speaking hypothetically, would you as a passenger sacrifice yourself to save 10 pedestrians?

Government will have to regulate these new cars for sure. 

Max let's take it one point at a time. All good stuff. All I am going to do is expound my own thoughts. You say you are conscious. You know that there is a certain cause and effect for your actions. Freedom, now that is a tricky word. Freedom to live within your means one might say. Would you agree that there are many things you are not free to do?

Machines are not yet conscious. They can only do what they are programmed to do. Are not humans programmed from birth? Told what is right and what is wrong and still do the wrong thing? We are sold a myth on how the universe was created and then come evolution and the big bang? How is one to choose?

Calculators fill a need for humans. Just as computers and cell phones do, but the difference is self determination. They won't evolve? A calculator is in every cellphone and cell phones have evolved into minicomputers. Computers now trade stock and watch people everywhere they go. They can see nuclear warheads before humans can so I would posit that computers are an extension of human consciousness.

We program them all to do the right thing. The problem is not with the machines, but with us. We are taught from an early age right behavior, but young people bully each other daily. Adults do the same using the power of the purse or their rank to program you. They steal from each other and kill each other. They drive drunk.

Even when I left the workforce and created a business my customers were always programming me.

Driverless cars are an interesting subject. So many people distrust the government to do anything right. How are we going to entrust them to oversee the making of driverless cars? Humans are very flawed when it comes to driving. We have people texting, eating, kids screaming, spouse nagging, radio blasting, even car wrecks every day on the road is a distraction. Driverless cars will be programmed to do exactly what the manufacturer tells them to do. Driverless cars do exactly what humans program into them. So by saying you don't trust driverless cars you either don't understand the technology or you don't trust humans to ethically program them. How many lives might be saved just by taking away the keys of impaired humans? Think of the possibilities. A computer can see 360 degrees. We can at best see 90. Sure we can turn our heads, but they don't have to.

Moving on to jobs how many people lost their job due to technology as opposed to illegal immigrants? Good question and I don't know the answer, but do you remember when we had traffic cops? Switchboard operators? Livery Stables? The list of jobs replaced by technology is limitless.

Getting back to the new cars. They are virtually a closed systems and need little or no maintenance done on them. Tesla cars are not everywhere as they are not yet cost effective, but they sell direct. People still have "range anxiety." There is a gas station on every corner and still people run out of gas. Driveshafts fall out. Tires blow. All that can and will be eliminated with technology.

Why do we still buy cars from the local dealers instead of logging on to KIA, Nissan, Toyota, Ford and GM? No one likes to overpay for a car and we all know that the dealer's goal is to sell you the car for the most they can. All states have laws protecting the dealership model. Wouldn't you like to just go online order your car and have it delivered? If you are wealthy you can. Tesla sells direct to consumers.

I have typed in two sessions as much as I can as my health cannot yet be resolved by technology. How many lives are now saved with computers that regulate the systems in our body thereby eliminating the need for nurses and doctors? Hospitals are monuments to technology.

Are machines conscious? Some would say based on mobility as they can't take a walk, but a computer can move around the world in an instant and see all the things there are to see with cameras. However, they have limits. Now satellites can see a man on the ground from space and send a missile within reasonable limits to prevent collateral damage. What happens when they can do this on their own. Determine what is an enemy and kill with no one even being there?

The world is changing. Faster than humans can keep up with.

What is consciousness again?

Edited by queenbee1, 28 October 2016 - 07:54 PM.

#68 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:15 PM

I recently received this in my email box. I subscribe to TED talks, but only watch those that peak my interest.

What a driverless world could look like.

I drive home at night a lot and if you think I obey all the traffic laws you would be wrong. At 1130pm how long do you sit at a stop light? I just look all directions and go. Everyone has a limit and some major intersections I just wait it out, but what if there is no one around?

You are at the crossroads and you can see no cars for miles. The light is stuck on red. Are you patient for 1 minute? 3 minutes? 5 minutes? There are people who cannot under any circumstances run a light. No matter if there are no cars on the road. I wonder do they call 911 and report a traffic light outage?

How can a person go into a store and steal something while 99% will not? I pay for Netflix, HBO and Amazon Prime, but what if the movie I want is not available? According to this article 31% of the users on Netflix are using a friends password or picked it up off social networking sites. A third of Netflix watchers in the US don’t pay for Netflix

This has more to do with ethics than consciousness. Ethics are learned, but we still break the rules.

Edited by queenbee1, 29 October 2016 - 04:58 AM.

#69 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:55 PM

I keep writing in this topic as nearly 100 people a day view this thread. I would like to recommend this video to all those who are listening. It is the best rendition of Jonathan Livingston Seagull. Make sure you listen to this when you are in a quiet room and cannot be disturbed for 45 minutes. This is really good for families as well. It's all audio so no need to look at the screen. It's just the picture of the book cover. The original Dumbledore Richard Harris is the narrator.

Maybe I am Jonathan or Cheyanne. Maybe I am just one of the gulls who surround him and is listening.

Consciousness is not an easy subject to discuss in a forum. I am doing the best I can and religion has nothing to do with my concept of religion. Nor does it have anything to do with this audio. Enjoy. Leave a note if you liked it.

#70 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:43 PM

Time once again for a stream of consciousness from the Queenbee.

You know I am not into religion as I think it is just silly. Grown adults believing in Santa Claus, but I would never deny a man or woman the right to their faith. As long as you don't want to take away my rights by burning me at the stake. I have rights too no matter what it says in your holy book.

So what does this have to do with consciousness you may ask? I don't really have to explain much as this seems to be my own private topic.

We are all walking around with a collection of experiences in our head. We act in situations based on mostly pleasure or avoidance of pain. It is pleasurable for me to eat ice cream for example, but some flavors I don't like so I call that a preference based on previous experience and not free will. I am a big believer in early development studies in psychology. So much of who we will be is based on the first 6 years and even extends into our teens. That is when I see children become adults and take on a personality. Some never grow up like Donald Trump.

They learn to interact with others in a unified manner, join groups, play sports etc or become loners. They are unique entities. However, some children don't have good luck to be born in a Western country and have access to an education and lots of stuff. Some blame others for their lot in life. They would have more if others didn't take a free ride, but nothing is free.

In some eastern cultures having "stuff" is just a burden. They are trying to free their minds from such trappings of the material world. I am a material girl with a touch of eastern philosophy. Some carry huge burdens of physical and psychological abuse from their parents. Some can overcome this and others cannot. Psychiatry has made huge breakthroughs in helping people with mental illnesses. Long past are the days in which society believed in demons possessing people. We are learning more each year. Neuroscience is trying to map the brain and one day they will succeed.

So before I judge another human being and I use that term loosely (Trump supporters) I wonder what is going on inside their head. Why all the gloom and doom? The resentment and name calling? Did they intend to hurt other's feelings or was it just a misunderstanding. Everything is not hurt feelings as some really want to hurt those who don't believe as they do.

I want to be the best female player to ever play the game if Stratego. I have always been competitive. Stratego is what I can still do. I cannot play golf or billiards like I used to. I have only one role model so far and that is Kambia in Greece. She is a gold player and I have lost both games I have played against her, but that was because I was still really new and still learning. I have also beaten platinum and many gold players. 

Still I languish as a mid level silver players. It's not so much I don't know what to do as much as it's that I cannot focus. I lose track of known pieces and I get frustrated which leads to bad moves. This is when I become unconscious. I forget my previous experiences.

I play this game to keep my mind sharp. I never disconnect or double chase and I accept losing graciously, but many do not. They get angry call me names and disconnect. I wonder how awful it must be to be them. Now my solution to the name calling is never ever open the chat and accept that a certain percentage will disconnect. This keeps me from getting angry.

I feel that I can evolve consciously. Focus on not only on the game at hand, but all the stupid things I have done to lose a game that I had in my grasp. My teacher showed me how a man won the WC in Germany this year and it was stunning. Despite being in a very weak position, one bad move by his opponent opened a door of opportunity. Winning and losing is not as important as learning. I am still learning about all facets of the game and life in general. 

Edited by queenbee1, 04 November 2016 - 04:53 AM.

#71 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:29 AM

I want to be the best female player to ever play the game if Stratego. I have always been competitive. Stratego is what I can still do. I cannot play golf or billiards like I used to. I have only one role model so far and that is Kambia in Greece. She is a gold player  

You'll have to get passed Symmetric too first then if you want to be the best here. Part of MT, and for real a female player. About 20 years old now, and she is not fictive as I met her IRL. She's Platinum so watch out for her. And then you've got Rosbos too who is even stronger a player (must be getting to 30 years old now, I met her many times).

Lo

#72 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:37 PM

You'll have to get passed Symmetric too first then if you want to be the best here. Part of MT, and for real a female player. About 20 years old now, and she is not fictive as I met her IRL. She's Platinum so watch out for her. And then you've got Rosbos too who is even stronger a player (must be getting to 30 years old now, I met her many times).

Well I am up for the challenge. I'd love to be 20-30 again as the body goes so goes the mind. 

Edited by queenbee1, 04 November 2016 - 08:14 PM.

#73 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:35 PM

BTW I believe a driverless car is far more likely to obey the traffic laws. Just a few nights ago I stopped at an intersection that had flashing red lights for all four directions after 1100pm. It was about 1130 and I could see another car approaching from the south. I was heading east and was stopped. But rather than proceed with my right of way I waited. Sure enough the guy ran the light and I could clearly see him talking on a cell phone. He would easily have t-boned my passenger side at 30mph. This could have injured or killed both of us. 

So being conscious is a relative term. Humans eat, drink, text and are subject to many distractions. A computer doesn't do anything, but drive the car. There are many ethical concerns in regards to their programming. The question is do we entrust corporations, government oversight or lawsuits decide? Human drivers are by no means more likely to make the right decision. That is just my opinion I could be wrong.

Edited by queenbee1, 07 November 2016 - 06:35 AM.

#74 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:56 AM

Lol, you're still the editing queen. Over half your texts have vanished ;). Doesn't consciousness demand eternity?

Lo

#75 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:10 PM

Memories are like clouds in the sky. Always changing and then gone. Sometimes I ramble too much and when I think about it, I cut the comments down. Many adults have ADD and my five the six paragraphs get taken out of context. This topic is up to four pages and I never thought it would go past one. Of course this is my own private topic as my comments comprise 90% of it.

On Tuesday I watched the elections with hope. Then I tried to see some possible way Clinton could win because I was in denial. Then I got mad at all the stupid Americans who would vote for this clown and turned it off I was now in the Anger Stage. Then I thought maybe there was a mistake or at least the Democrats would take seats in the House and Senate so I was bargaining. Then the next morning I woke up and I was just sad. I wouldn't talk to anyone outside of Stratego and I was in depression. This is an odd feeling for me, but life just sort of seemed hopeless. Now that all the voted are in and Clinton gave her concession speech I had to reach the final stage of grief and that was acceptance.

That is where my consciousness was and where I am at now. I don't want to change the system. I don't want to move to Europe or Canada. I just have to accept that Americans are so dumb that they will vote in a man like Trump. I watched the rallies and the hate and all I can do is shake my head. Trump was a man who had the endorsement of the KKK.

My prediction is there will be no wall. There is no money to change anything and he won't raise taxes so I think he will not be any of the things his electorate believed him to be. He will cut taxes on corporations, repeal Obamacare and now I hear only parts he doesn't like. By the end of his term the financial industry will be the same. He will just borrow more money adding the the deficit and the Fed to print more money to cover the lost tax revenues. If you haven't been paying attention a POTUS cannot force a company to stay in the US. Those disgruntled factory workers who didn't reeducate themselves will still not have a job and college will still put you deeply in debt.

There's nothing he can do to change my world that is within the law.

Lo, the edits this time were just typos and adding a word that was poor grammar.

Edited by queenbee1, 12 November 2016 - 06:02 AM.

#76 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:17 AM

Yes, the Bible does argue this, see Matthew 25:31-46

Not if Jesus lives inside of me. Indeed if you take away all my memories, all bible scriptures, everything I learned as a child. If I am a child of God, then I am still a child of God. Jesus is our only hope.

But even if I only had raw consciousness, then who would have given me this consciousness?

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Cor 13:13

I am sure that you understand what you said, but Jesus is my only hope? Then I guess my life is hopeless. I don't care in Jesus existed or not. I am not even particularly interested in what he had to say.

My life has meaning because I give it meaning. I don't need a savior and I don't want one. I am a compassionate person, but I didn't learn that from a holy book so it is possible to learn without learning from the bible. Physical evolution is a very slow process and cannot be seen in one lifetime, but the evolution of our consciousness can be seen as I am not the same person I was when I was born or in my teens or yesterday. I have lived on this planet 60+ years and I am still learning every day.

Joy, bliss and beauty find their way into my life daily. Sometimes I am simply not aware of what is right in front of me. Then there are days when I go to my backyard and lie in the grass with my cat. I look up at the infinite sky and sometimes I see jets flying so high up that I can barely see them. I hear the birds chirping and my cat purring. So much of my love for life is just the simple things.

#77 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:19 AM

in denial

Yes I can really relate to this conscious bargaining experience on election night! 

My story however is a bit more based on hobby though. I'm not the first one to get hurt by Trump. You Americans are. Still I am attached.

I watched the elections with hope allright. That it wouldn't be the landslide for Clinton that was expected but we would still see some "too close to call"'s. It started wrong. Clinton seemed to get a big majority. She was way up after a few hours. I was full of joy when Trump came back in some states, especially Florida. Clinton would be up 0,2%, then Trump, then Clinton again. The early votes were processed so it was fair game from that point. 

The race seemed to be tightening. 

Then it started to become less fun. Trump was really getting ahead. A silly state like New Hampshire had not even be called. Trump couldn't be for real, could he? From Pennsylvania we hadn't heard anything yet but that state broke Trump. Clinton had a 60-30% lead, the first figures showed. So it was going to be a landslide after all. Little did we know CNN had been totally wrong and just showed the early votes very late in the evening. Why keep the state on 0%, then after many hours you do start to show the early votes? Totally inadequate.

My mood turned when I realized that even that state was in play. We all know that where Ohio goes, the US goes, and Clinton did deplorable in Ohio. That was now very obvious. I had conceded beforehand that NC and FL were lost causes, but she was now also starting to lose the states around the big lakes. I started to enter the denial phase as well. This couldn't be for real, could it? It was catching straws in the end as the 'narrow path' Trump was set to have when the evening started, was now hers. She had to win every single state in play in the end; blue states she should have won by a landslide. Clinton spinners were still throwing straws as some good blue counties would still be coming in. You could witness everyone being stunned; was this really happening?

If I had been thinking logically, I had seen there was no way anymore. I skipped the mad&anger phase. It was more of amazement with me. They must really detest this woman. Mss Clinton. Then I indeed turned to the likely event the Democrats would take seats in the House and Senate. Even that did hardly happen. I had a hopeless feeling for the world as well.

With Clinton giving her concession speech the next day I too had my final stage of grief. There was even some hope. I knew Clinton was bad news. The world was screwed one way or the other. The hope is Trump isn't the warmongering type at all. He doesn't give a sss about Crimea or Syria. So he'll take his army back to the US. This correlates with the US losing its world hegemony. The US is losing influence one way or the other. Best way is to lose it like this.

The Chinese have already been taking over Africa, now they and their ally Russia will have more to say in Arabia as well, and with the ridiculous Duterte in the Philippines they will also take the entire Chinese sea with no objections from the US anymore, so Asia is theirs. The big 3 A's. It's bound to happen. One way or the other. The same goes for the debt spiral. I've always said the climax would be 2018-2020. Trump winning exactly confirms this. He'll end the dollar hegemony. He'll make America small again.

And in practice, for the normal American, I know the soup isn't eaten that hot. Trump already said he wants to change Obamacare, not get rid of it totally. Infrastructure finally is on the table. The Paris treaty can only be revoked in 3 years, so by that time he'll be totally desperate I'm sure (the Republican party is in complete diggles already today) and the pendula swings back. Maybe he holds off 1 year without the treaty, but then the Democrats take back power and reinstate. So there's my conscious hope.

• The Prof likes this
Lo

#78 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:34 AM

Lo, thanks for the well thought out comment. I really enjoyed reading it.

I know Trump voters who couldn't believe it either. Just like Brexit they were voting against the system, but I don't think they really wanted to win. Now the Rs will have to own the next 4 years. There is no do over. Trump and his supporters are going to find out the hard way that steering the government is not easy.

We just handed the cockpit of a 747 to a guy who hasn't flown a day in his life. I'm just hoping for some sort of landing that leaves the country intact. He can surround himself with sycophants, but the reality is Obamacare was the best we could do and repealing it will be far more difficult that he imagined. Also it will become quite clear to him that the generals won't appreciate his leadership in the ME after saying he already knows more than they do.

Fasten your safety belts and hope for the best.

Edited by queenbee1, 13 November 2016 - 03:57 AM.

• The Prof likes this

#79 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:55 AM

People seem to be looking for an unchanging universe. I never really understood the idea of a two people getting married, having children, living on family farm passed from generation to generation or working for one company and eventually drawing a pension and retiring to somewhere warm. This ideal seemed to be what propelled Trump into office. To make America the way it was post WW2. The problem is things didn't stay the same and every day changes us. The techgenie is out of the bottle and cannot be put back in. As Dylan said "the times they are a changin."

The boomers could no more hold their parent's idea of a house with a white picket fence than they could hold a handful of water. "You cannot step on the same piece of water twice." The times changed and so did we, but some are still holding out in the heartland. They feel left behind and as big agra gobbles up their neighbors land, commodity prices and they can no longer feed their families due to Wall Street coercion and skimming.

They are losing their land and the only life they know. The factories will continue to close and that not only affects the workers, but all the ancillary small businesses the were dependent on the status quo, During the 80's companies started to merge and cut redundancies. When that wasn't enough to keep the stockholders happy, management moved factories overseas and to Central America for the cheap labor. Americans have to adapt and many have not.

They have become disenfranchised. Our government was frozen and failed to take action as they were busy appeasing the special interests than got them elected. The continuous fundraising is now baked into the cake of being a politician. What they saw in Hillary Clinton was more of the same. Less than half the voters voted for Trump, but they voted for change just as we did when Bill Clinton ran and Barack Obama. They even voted for change with George Bush, but again it was just more of the same and these kids of the poor came home in body bags and no one was watching the economy. The banks were happy and then the whole thing imploded.

The majority doesn't rule in this country and the Democrats had held the White House for 8 years. This was bound to happen. The cycle of politics continues. Some African Americans who voted for Barry saw no answer coming from Clinton and stayed home. Despite Trump threatening to send people back to Mexico and build a wall to keep them out, 30% of Hispanics voted for him. Apparently some hispanics see illegal immigration as a threat as well.

We are not the same country we were in the 50's, the 60's or any time else in our history. We cannot go back as life is ever going forward. Deals are made based on the real circumstances at hand. No one can change or stop this. Obamacare wasn't bad or good. It was the best he could do.

We are a more or less decent people, but some want to have the laws of our land reflect their religious beliefs and take away basic human rights of others. Some claimed their religious rights were being violated by catering to a gay wedding. After all they are now complicit and being gay is a choice. One that gods condemn. We are growing and we are becoming more conscious that all people have the right to walk down the street without being harassed due to the color of their skin. That being gay is not a sin and teens should not feel ashamed of who they are. That no one out having a fun night in Orlando deserved to be killed or maimed because it was God's or Allah's will. Technology,

Mergers and cheap labor will continue to displace those who cannot adapt. It is the business law of natural selection.

Let's just hope that the current administration doesn't or cannot deliver the American people will let them know that we all deserve the right to be free and to express that freedom in any way we choose as long as we don't hurt others. We must open our minds and evolve into the future or America will be finished. Let us hope it is not the latter.

As I have said before America isn't the best country in the world, but we could be. We could lead the rest of the world into renewable energy or live in denial of the scientific evidence that we are making the world uninhabitable. All we need do is let go of the past and look forward to the future as all men and women are created equal. We just need to give up our addiction to fossil fuels and transition to renewable energy and instead of blaming those we have so little and are different, to treat them as human beings. We can raise everyone's consciousness by raising our own. We can show the way for all nations.

Edited by queenbee1, 13 November 2016 - 07:42 PM.

#80 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:18 AM

It's been interesting to see how my mind works with this election. Almost nothing really mattered as I am retired. I didn't have a dog in the race so to speak, yet I felt so passionate at times. Now that it is over life goes on and I think so little about politics that I am at peace with it. Why get all worked up about something I have no control over. I am not going to protest it and if I was invited to the White House I would treat Trump with the respect of the office. I don't think I would want the job at his age. I think he just got caught up in the inertia of the whole thing. Don't we all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users