donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:49 PM

Hi queen, I am finally asking myself what or who I am.

I am person who deep down is a good Jewish human.

On top I prretend to be a angel.

I'm not. I've made a lot of bad choices, I have evil in me.

Which is what needs to change. 

I've realized Im on a mission, several actually. wat they are I don't know

Sam 

complaint department is on strike.

if you dislike a joke, not my problem. Sue me.

#23 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,666 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:34 AM

That is a good question, Sam. Something this animal must have questioned herself with too http://www.calgarysu...l-with-backbone as it had about 500 years to think about it... just passed away, bless her. Just think of it the US was still to be erected by the Dutch at the time she was middleaged, lol.

• donald.mallard likes this
Lo

#24 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:01 PM

That is a good question, Sam. Something this animal must have questioned herself with too http://www.calgarysu...l-with-backbone as it had about 500 years to think about it... just passed away, bless her. Just think of it the US was still to be erected by the Dutch at the time she was middleaged, lol.

I'll read that article later. too bad humans can't live that long anymore. 

I think one of my missions is being a generous God fearing Jew and person.

I would like to thank Queen.

Thank you Queen, for opening my eyes up to a perspective on life.

Sam

#25 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 909 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:37 PM

I did nothing Sam. I typed a bunch of words and deleted most of them. You my friend have embarked on the wondrous adventure of self discovery on your own. Good and Evil must coexist are human judgements. We cannot destroy all evil anymore than evil can destroy all good. There is a balance. All I am but street sign on your road of life. Life is a beautiful thing. It represents millions of years of evolution. I think Carl Sagan coined the phrase that we are all made up of star stuff. There is so much more to discover. We live in interesting times.

• donald.mallard and zuriels like this

#26 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:09 PM

I did nothing Sam. I typed a bunch of words and deleted most of them. You my friend have embarked on the wondrous adventure of self discovery on your own. There is so much more to discover. We live in interesting times.

How true. Queen, when you 20 years old, computers were just getting started.

Now we have the Iphone6 plus,  Virtual Reality,etc. We do live in interesting times where computers are smart enough to give us movies and books. 

Which is like Rush's 2112, the priests take care us by giving their own books and movies.

it's like the same plot.

Which is scary having AI's everywhere, but at the same time, we now know they make us have easier lives.

You probably remember December 31st, 1999. I've only heard stories as I was only 2. everyone thought the internet would go screwy, cuase we had no idea how to change the year for 2000. The computers did it automatically.

We are learning how to how to fight AIDS, Ebola, Cancer, and one day we'll come up with permament cure.

I have a friend who's 22 and he has stage 3 prostate cancer. they tried a cure. it went away for a few months, but now it's back.

Sam

#27 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 909 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:12 AM

The question is "what are we without our memories?"

#28 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,666 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:40 AM

Or what about that man who was the perfect house dad but needed brain surgery? After, he was a totally different person: violent, unloving, mad. Same person, but his personality had shifted 100%. Relativity, Queenbee.

Lo

#29 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 909 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:44 AM

Or what about that man who was the perfect house dad but needed brain surgery? After, he was a totally different person: violent, unloving, mad. Same person, but his personality had shifted 100%. Relativity, Queenbee.

What does that tell us about free will? How much of who we are is relative to our environment, culture, color of our skin, gender, etc.

Brains are very fragile in the sense that you can wipe out an entire lifetime of memories and behaviors in one errant event as you described. It can slowly erode due to a disease or instantly in an accident. It's sort of like dropping a computer on the ground or having it infected with a virus. 

#30 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:30 PM

Brains are pretty fragile. As I have aspergers, I love music. Heavy metal screws me over, cause my brain filter says its the gospel truth which it is not. I start preaching the lyrics, and become very violent, which is not me.

My memories make me. plain and simple.

I have good memories of my being homeschooled. I learned how to be a good kid. I still am, but  my filter is not like others. So I am being the best person, I can be, Regardless of my filter and memories

#31 Kernel Mustard

Kernel Mustard

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:47 AM

The question is "what are we without our memories?"

Check out John 1:12-13 below. If you asked me this question, I would a say a child of God, living in the body or away, with or without memories.

"Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God."

The earth is a flat plane:  https://www.youtube....dLUm8Db&index=2 Psalm 19:4 - 6, Rev 7:1

#32 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,666 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:21 AM

I think your explanation of the topic

Most people just flitter like a butterfly 

was cut short, Queenbee ;). Now people don't understand the topic.

Lo

#33 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 909 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:58 PM

Thanks Lo,

I will try and expound on my thoughts later.

#34 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 909 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:45 PM

Fluttering like a butterfly buffeted by the winds is how most people live. They are uncomfortable at having their beliefs challenged and some truly with all their consciousness believe in the Holy Books. They are what I call following of the faith. They never challenge their God. How many Gods have there been in written history? Too many to count.

Finally they combined it into one. Easier to keep track of. The final word. The big dog. He who created it all. Then we need a bad guy in the story as all stories have bad guys. That way all the disease and horrors associated with life can be blamed on that bad guy or bad behaviour. People are said to be born into sin. They must repent and be saved or face eternal damnation. Am I correct? Is that what you believers believe?

I remember the song A Day in the Life that the Beatles wrote.

I saw a film today, oh boy 
The English army had just won the war 
A crowd of people turned away 
But I just had to look 
Having read the book 
I'd love to turn you on. 

Woke up, fell out of bed, 
Dragged a comb across my head 
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup, 
And looking up I noticed I was late.

Found my coat and grabbed my hat 
Made the bus in seconds flat 
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke, 
Somebody spoke and I went into a dream. 

I read the news today oh boy 
Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire 
And though the holes were rather small 
They had to count them all 
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall. 
I'd love to turn you on.

Why do we do anything at all?

Free choice? I choose based on previous actions I have taken. I had no choice as to whom I was born or the culture in which I would be raised. I find no solace or comfort in religion and following the herd. So I reject all religious tenets and I try to find a sense of calm in the storm. So that the winds of life don't blow me this way and that. I think, therefore I am, I think.

I don't claim any truth. In the solitude of my mind I don't identify with any of the trappings of my ego. Many people before me made the same decisions I did and failed. Some succeeded to a great extent. I am not my age or possessions or the company I keep. I am simply aware. I am trying to live in the eye of the storm. My mind is not my master. I am the master of my mind. I often forget that and take my place with the rest of the butterflies.

What I asked was without our memories who are we? I don't care about children of god and any such descriptions written in a holy book. If that is your path then you will not see me.

Answer the question while looking in the mirror in a room all alone. Now take away all your memories and your raw consciousness is all that is left. No bibles, Torahs, Qurans or any holy books at all. You stand there naked before yourself. You still have your clothes on and that is not the naked I am talking about. This is what I refer to as pure consciousness. It has nothing to do with a book of rules. I have to figure this out myself or I am just another butterfly and they have a very short life in the eons to time.

Some people need definite rules. They need right and wrong. Reward and punishment. I need to push the boundaries of my own limited awareness and existence. I am seeking enlightenment and to lessen the suffering not only of my own, but that of others. I do that by learning compassion and not judgement.

Something like this The Balance.

Sometimes I have really happy moments I call them "bliss"

I cannot bottle it or save it up for a rainy day as moments like that just happen. I think they happen far more often than I am aware because I am to busy to notice. I am being a butterfly or more accurately a busy bee.

"Just open your mind and you will see the way it's always been."

Edited by queenbee1, 03 October 2016 - 11:04 PM.

#35 Kernel Mustard

Kernel Mustard

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:41 AM

People are said to be born into sin. They must repent and be saved or face eternal damnation. Am I correct? Is that what you believers believe?

Yes, the Bible does argue this, see Matthew 25:31-46

Answer the question while looking in the mirror in a room all alone. Now take away all your memories and your raw consciousness is all that is left. No bibles, Torahs, Qurans or any holy books at all. You stand there naked before yourself. 

Not if Jesus lives inside of me. Indeed if you take away all my memories, all bible scriptures, everything I learned as a child. If I am a child of God, then I am still a child of God. Jesus is our only hope.

But even if I only had raw consciousness, then who would have given me this consciousness?

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Cor 13:13

The earth is a flat plane:  https://www.youtube....dLUm8Db&index=2 Psalm 19:4 - 6, Rev 7:1

#36 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 909 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:57 AM

Yes, the Bible does argue this, see Matthew 25:31-46

Not if Jesus lives inside of me. Indeed if you take away all my memories, all bible scriptures, everything I learned as a child. If I am a child of God, then I am still a child of God. Jesus is our only hope.

But even if I only had raw consciousness, then who would have given me this consciousness?

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Cor 13:13

I can't argue with you Kernel as you live life in a faith based reality. Jesus is our only hope? What about medicine? Mankind is far more civilized than it was 2000 years ago.This is a philosophical concept and not a religious one.

Neuroscientists are making headway in treating many of those who experience Alzheimer's, mental illness and depression. Religion offers prayer. Prayer will not help people with real physical illnesses. Medicine has opened many new pathways for the ill that religion only offered ancient treatments that today have been discarded or considered barbaric. I would rather trust my heart to a surgeon than to Jesus.

So too I believe that we will continue to discover more about human consciousness as we are able to research areas of the brain that we had no access to in the past. Some practice Mindfulness and Meditation in an attempt to expand their minds beyond the mundane. Valid techniques? I can only make claims my own experiences.

Edited by queenbee1, 04 October 2016 - 07:01 AM.

• zuriels likes this

#37 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 909 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:40 AM

I spend a great deal of time with the elderly who are losing their memories. Would you have me believe that they are deemed unworthy of God's love or possessed in some manner by demons. I wonder if a person's mind is wiped clean of all memories by the disease of time and when they die, Their memories were somehow stored for them and replaced. What of all the traumatic memories soldiers see in war. Or is inflicted upon a child by cruel parents? It all seems like magical thinking when people claim the righteous will be made whole again. Does anyone really believe that someone is keeping score?

A child dying of cancer or heart disease as opposed to an heavy smoker and alcoholic is given a new body that is perfect in every way just by asking for forgiveness?

Why weren't we given that to begin with? What is the point of human suffering? It seems that believers claim these holy texts hold all the answers. Yet with scientific discovery we find that much of it was wrong. We are told that they were inspired by God. Yet history is littered with Godly men who killed and tortured in the name of their God burning innocent men and women at the stake and do so to this day. Men holding the bible as they cast out their child be because he or she is different. Honor killings and forcing women to carry to term the child born of their rapist. To some of those who claim to understand god's will it appears that life seems is simple, when it is in fact very complex.

I have lots of questions about the afterlife, but I am more concerned with the here and now. Some people generally don't entertain these thoughts as they can be disconcerting. Some people prefer not to think of these things, but I find them to be fascinating.

I wonder am I as conscious as I will ever be or if my consciousness evolve.

Edited by queenbee1, 3 days ago.

#38 zuriels

zuriels

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:56 PM

Queen, God made the world for Humans, Correct?

But he wanted to see if we worthy of knowing infinite wisdom and eternal life.

So he tested us, thus the fruit. But adam failed. Lucifer wanted to be like God, He failed. Same thing with adam. Adam was filled with lust right from the start.

That was the test. See if he would refuse Eves offer. He failed. So God still gave him the world.

God told Moses:

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM.

God has existed for eternity. God knew about the honor killings and all bad stuff when he created the world. Man has always had free will. So It's not Gods fault for human suffering. He created human suffering by our own perverse evil actions and our freewill to do these things.

I'll add some later on.

Sam

#39 zuriels

zuriels

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:04 PM

I can't argue with you Kernel as you live life in a faith based reality. Jesus is our only hope? What about medicine? Mankind is far more civilized than it was 2000 years ago.This is a philosophical concept and not a religious one.
 Religion offers prayer. Prayer will not help people with real physical illnesses. Medicine has opened many new pathways for the ill that religion only offered ancient treatments that today have been discarded or considered barbaric. I would rather trust my heart to a surgeon than to Jesus.

Praying can change God's Will. Yes, obviously surgery helps but you have to ask God why He made you realize that you need surgery. Ask Him to guide the doctors in fixing the problem. Jesus did talk about coming to the father through him, but it says in Exodus:

I am the Lord, thou shalt have no other gods before Me. So Jesus is mute. Jesus is not gods son. Why does he even need a son?

#40 Kernel Mustard

Kernel Mustard

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:21 AM

Neuroscientists are making headway in treating many of those who experience Alzheimer's, mental illness and depression. Religion offers prayer. Prayer will not help people with real physical illnesses. 

I would disagree with this. In 2008 I attended what was known as the Lakeland Revival. I remember time after time miraculous healings occuring every night. Lines and lines of people waiting to go on stage to give their testimony. After searching YouTube I found a link to an actual recording of one of the nights. The healing testimonies start at about 6:25 in the video. https://www.youtube....h?v=JDFdNIqYfRw

I spend a great deal of time with the elderly who are losing their memories. Would you have me believe that they are deemed unworthy of God's love or possessed in some manner by demons. 

I think losing memories can be just a natural course of life, so no. And anyways you could say that none of us are worthy of God's love. But I do think it's likely that many people who are mentally insane are actually possessed by a demon. But even those who were possessed by demons were healed in the Gospels.

A child dying of cancer or heart disease as opposed to an heavy smoker and alcoholic is given a new body that is perfect in every way just by asking for forgiveness?

Basically, yes. See Luke 23:39 - 42 for an example. But the one who abuses alcohol will also be saved if he repents and believes as well.

Why weren't we given that to begin with? What is the point of human suffering? 

Romans 5 says "but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame..." So then suffering proves our faith, but as to why we all weren't created so that none of us ever suffer at all? I don't think these are questions that should be asked, or can be answered. You just have to trust that God is good, and his ways are perfect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users