#1 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,073 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:07 PM

Are we living in a Matrix? What does it mean to be conscious? Take away your memories and what is left?

Most humans I have met never question who or what they are. They are given a set of rules to obey or there will be consequences. Who is keeping score?

Most people just flitter like a butterfly in the wind, bouncing from thought to thought. Never looking inward. 

Edited by queenbee1, 08 August 2016 - 04:20 AM.

• donald.mallard likes this

#2 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,073 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:19 PM

So the topic wasn't really a question. It was just a word. 

Edited by queenbee1, 08 August 2016 - 04:17 AM.

#3 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:10 AM

Hi Jennifer, I believe that a Higher Power created us and life to test us. See if we would follow laws He or She put in to place, or if we would flagrantly break these laws.

Some people believe that existence came to be out of nowhere. I think they're partly right. Now I am not trucking to religion, but I think life is wonderful, because my personal truck stop is happiness. I'll explain later. 

complaint department is on strike.

if you dislike a joke, not my problem. Sue me.

#4 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,073 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:48 PM

The opening at the Rio Olympics was beautiful and showcased global climate change. 

However, it still surprises me that so many are in complete denial about climate change. I think a lot of the world is still food insecure. We live in great times. Life is good.

Edited by queenbee1, 08 August 2016 - 04:15 AM.

#5 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,073 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:32 PM

Sam I am always curious about what other believe. I just found my own way without accepting cultural norms

Edited by queenbee1, 08 August 2016 - 04:13 AM.

#6 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,953 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:43 PM

... be happy Queenbee ... after man will disappear nature will take over ... have a look at this video:

https://www.youtube....h?v=WxGxYzLba_A

• dviltje likes this

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#7 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:26 AM

Sam I am always curious about what other believe is the afterlife. I mean they have it all wrapped up with a cute paper bow on top, but they cannot explain it. The whole concept of consciousness beyond death makes me wonder in this heaven, am I made new again as a baby? a teen? twenty something? Is everyone happy? What if I don't want to be with my loved ones? Do I have to endure relationships that I had long ago given up on? I mean I loved my Dad, but I don't want to spend eternity with him and the concept of heaven is so simplistic. I think it is easy to sell an invisible paradise. People will buy in.

My Mother is religious and says don't worry about it. Everything will be great. That's easy to say, but hard to digest. 

G-D tests us. if we do bad, and don't repent, we go to purgatory, but if we do repent we go to heaven. as far as spending time with people, that I can not answer.

i'm guessing your father passed, I'm sorry for your loss. 

sam

#8 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,073 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:36 AM

This is so far off topic, but also on point with the game. 

Edited by queenbee1, 08 August 2016 - 04:12 AM.

• Lonello and donald.mallard like this

#9 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,953 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:02 AM

i see we are in same group for championsleague ... at least one game will be sportsmanlike ;)

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#10 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,073 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:54 PM

As a silver player I think I had the worst draw. Boohoo

Edited by queenbee1, 08 August 2016 - 04:11 AM.

#11 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,905 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:37 AM

This is so far off topic

Yes you are right, Queenbee. Little had to do with what you wrote. It is a bit ironic that you now deleted all your text in light of the subject. You spend hours writing these wallpapers. It is in complete accordance of your perceptions to simply erase these hours now. Many would consider that a waste of time and very inefficiƫnt, erasing it after only a few members must have read your text in this short while (and during the summer holiday!). The beauty here ofcourse is your conception is that it wasn't a waste of time (space-time continuum and all). You see mankind's mind in broader perspective. You are the eternal optimist indeed.

And you were correct there are more stars in the universe than there is sand on earth. And every star has a dozen planets or so. Some even hundreds, counting with the moons. Some have had the opportunity to have evolution for more than 1.000.000.000 years. These are numbers that can not be comprehended by mankind. There is practically no chance earth is the only planet with life. Let alone that earth is supposed to be the center of the universe.

The same goes for the billions, trillions or zillions the FED is printing with their friends of the BoJ, BoE and ECB, getting the rates drop below zero. This can not be comprehended by mankind. Man watches a lion being shot in Africa moreover... as it is called Cecil. It wants sensation and is bored very fast. These days very, VERY fast as time speeds with smartphones and all that. This leads to the uprise of clowns like Trump. We like to see clowns. We fall asleep with characters like Clinton. Just another example is the way we deplete the earth. What's been build in millions of years, fossile energy, we burn down within 1 century. No matter what (earth non-livable for our children of the next century, just 100 years away instead of the other figures with a bit more 0's).

If mankind has the chance we rather see ourselves fall into the desperate tomorrow, if we can only enjoy today. The short term is everything. You have to live in the now, yes. I agree with you on that, you Optimist, you. But I would have loved a bit of long term perspective too, the one you described in your texts as well...

Lo

#12 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,073 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:40 AM

I can delete it later and I did

Edited by queenbee1, 11 August 2016 - 06:00 AM.

#13 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:34 PM

NO. I forbid you to delete it. It sums up why America is in the toilet.

This is what you wrote.

Jennifer/Queen: Gays are mercilessly bullied in schools. Children are told behind closed doors that it is God fearing people's mission to keep them out of power, that being gay is not the natural. This despite the many loveless marriages that end in divorce and psychological damage that the children endure. We must keep this institution for us, not them. Only a man and a woman can provide the right role models.

G-d even loved Hitler and he was so sick. I hate thinking about him so....moving on. G-d even loves Gay people. It's their choice.

As far as Gays being bullied, When I was in High school, sometimes when I had to take a leak, I saw guys groping and kissing in the bathroom. With some of my straight friends cheering them on.

So I don't beleive Gays are bullied as much people seem to think.

you think this is great??

J/Q:

So being the old dame of this place I try to shake things up now and then. Tell them there is more to life than following the herd, but alas it does often time feel like a waste of time so I crumple up the page and toss it in the wastebasket. After all who am I to foist my perceptions with anyone here? The reason is that I have seen far more than most. I have met several people here that think like me. Some I call friends. I don't look back on the good ole days because they weren't good and I lived them. I am happy to be an eternal optimist because I have reached the top of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. I don't need a sociopathic racist prick to lead this country. I think it is time for a grandma to have her turn. America doesn't need to be great again. This is the best America has ever been. A black man is POTUS and a women has been nominated to lead a major party for the first time ever. Damn right I am happy.

I agree with you that Mr. Donald John Trump is a Selfish, Arrogant, Racist, A-hole.

I'm afraid that America is going down, thus Armeggedon.

I like you Jennifer as a friend of coarse.

But I am moving to israel, cause America is going to fall.

Add more later,

Sam

#14 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,073 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:05 PM

What are we without our memories?

Edited by queenbee1, 11 August 2016 - 05:59 AM.

#15 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:50 AM

Maybe we  can discuss this in our game. I don't want a certain mod interfering, which i'll even live if he does.

Edited by donald.mallard, 10 August 2016 - 03:49 AM.

#16 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,073 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:34 PM

Not during the match, but possibly after.

#17 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:38 PM

ok. I'll PM you after. see you in a few.

#18 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,073 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:48 PM

How much time do you have?

Edited by queenbee1, 11 August 2016 - 05:58 AM.

#19 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:15 AM

have you ever heard of a heavy metal band called Iron Maiden? My parenst hate them, I think they're singing about how you can you control the evilness in yourself.

#20 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,073 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:26 AM

There is no point.

Edited by queenbee1, 11 August 2016 - 05:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users