iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:35 PM

What do people think - do you prefer to be red and go first, or blue and go second? Or doesn't it matter?

I think it matters more in the quick game and I prefer to move 2nd then if possible. I think seeing where your opponent starts from can immediately give you some information, depending on his setup. It also gives you options for where you might like to start from.

I think in the full game its less important, but I prefer to go first then as you want to establish the first attack ideally, or send a scout down to find out the first piece of information.

I dislike that you cannot choose here who will be red. At Gravon if you host the game you get to pick, here it seems to be random.

#2 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:49 PM

It doesn't matter. Midgame is the most important

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#3 Yangus

Yangus

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:36 PM

What I think is that your question could be a stupid one.

But if you put your spy on the first row, not behind a lake, it could be a big surprise for your opponent.

You can try it if your are red, and you cover your spy in 2 moves.

That is possible to do that with :

- The Flag : very risky but can works against a strong player who think about a bomb and not the flag.

- The Marschall or the General: could be interesting to cover it quickly and hope to grab a big piece later.

- A bomb (maybe better in the center) that you cover and move all pieces around. Later, your opponent can

fall into it, thinking that is a movable piece.

If you try it when you are blue, that is more risky, you don't want your opponent scout your special piece.

#4 PuzzledTea

PuzzledTea

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:08 PM

Guess it depends how it feels for a player to go first, for me it feels better to go 2nd to respond to an opponent.

But I suppose once someone is good enough at the game then it'd not matter to them then they can play either red or blue without any problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users