Nortrom

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 746 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:46 PM

Questions can be posted in this thread. Some Q & A:

Q: How can I contact one of the WC team members?
A: Skype addresses are:
Karaiskakis: 
Spoiler
Morx:
Spoiler
Nortrom: 
Spoiler

Q: What will be done with the data? ( pic and skype address )
A: The WC team will destroy every bit of data it has collected throughout the tournament, however, during the tournament, this data is required to arrange matches and confirm player's identity

Q: I am playing against someone who does not accept a draw, what now?
A:
1. Suggest a draw using the chat function, sending a draw-request will take up one draw request which can be annoying if both players are out of draw-requests (please take a screenshot of this request, including the pieces on the board, graveyard and current time)
2. Give this player some time to get his pieces in the right position and such. 10 min without any progress ( pieces taken, or important change of position ) is considered a waste of time. Note that 10 min and 5 sec is acceptable, if change is happening. 
3. If 10 mins have passed without any change, you may contact a WC team member (if available) via Skype or Stratego.com chat ( or any other way you can contact ). And ask them to watch the game using Skype screenshare.
4. If 3 isn't possible, after 10mins have passed without any change, you can write to your opponent, that you are giving up this game (screenshot it!) and will contact the WC team about the game. NOTE: IF YOU DECIDE TO TAKE CHANCES, AND THEN CLAIM A DRAW BASED ON 10 MINUTE "RULE", YOU HAVE FORFEITED YOUR RIGHTS TO CLAIM A DRAW.

Another option, is to record the game, if no WCO member is available. This is prefered over screenshots!

Please note: "important change of position" is not 100% objective, but as baseline the following can be used:
- No different position(s) for piece(s);
- Piece(s) walking in the same area non-stop;

Q: How does swiss perfect work?
A: http://pmjn.nl/Onlin...tratego WC.docx ( requires a .docx reader )

Q: Why Swiss Perfect?
A: It is used in live tournaments and the software has proven to be capable of handling things such as:
- Byes;
- Withdraws;
- Puts players with similair results against eachother;
- Inbuilt tiebreaker system which can not be manipulated;
- Everyone can simulate the tournament in order to test whethere there was any fraud or not, if using the software the same way the WC team does, same entry of results etc, the simulation should have the exact same result as the real tournament;
- Offers a lot of information such as crosstables ( overview of who played who and the result ) and such.

Q: If I can not use Skype legally (e.g. age restriction in country), can I participate?
A: Unfortunately, no

Q: Is there an entry fee?
A: No

Q: Must all games be played on Stratego.com?
A: Yes

Q: Why 2 weeks per round?
A: 1 week is probably not enough to get every game going, keep in mind that Swiss Perfect requires each match to be completed ( or atleast have a result ) in order to advance to the next round

Q: I found an inconsistency in the rules, what to do?
A: Please contact the WC team by private message

Q: Is any other software than Skype allowed?
A: At the moment not, we might experiment allowing other software at some point, but not during this tournament

Q: I feel my opponent isn't showing any effort to get a game played
A: Don't worry, the rules have this covered

Q: The rules seem very strict, why?
A: The rules should not be seen as a law, we like to offer as much as transparency as possible so players know based on what we will take decisions

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#2 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,870 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:10 PM

In the rules you say that taking notes during the game is not allowed. But on the other side you encourage video taking of the games ... isn't video taking equivalent to "taking notes"?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#3 Nortrom

Nortrom

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 746 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:51 PM

Taking notes to use during the game is different from recording a video to watch after the game. Can not rule out every potential form of abuse unfortunately.

#4 Losermaker

Losermaker

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:52 PM

Hi,

could I just have a little clarification with skype usage. Is skype on by default and only taken off if one is having internet problems? or is it the same as last year where both may agree to use/not use it.

Regards,

Losermaker

#5 Nortrom

Nortrom

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 746 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:28 PM

Same as last year.

#6 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:44 AM

Can the OWC committee help get the NASF tournaments included in the kleier rankings?

I have sent a couple of emails to Hermann on the subject and not received a reply.
3 - 0

#7 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,201 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:50 AM

Can the OWC committee help get the NASF tournaments included in the kleier rankings?

I have sent a couple of emails to Hermann on the subject and not received a reply.

There will be a discussion about this in WC of Rendsburg . There are also some other requests (e.g. from losermaker about win ratio) 

More at the end of this month.

#8 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,072 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:55 AM

Can you tell me when the tournament is scheduled to begin?

TY

#9 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,201 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:10 AM

Can you tell me when the tournament is scheduled to begin?

TY

Εnd of registration period after the extension we gave is 18.59 GMT, 18th of September 2016

Tournament will start on Monday 19th  September.

End of first round is Sunday 2nd October 

• TheOptician likes this

#10 THEE_ASSASSIN

THEE_ASSASSIN

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:09 AM

Do we still have to provide information, since we are not using Skype?

#11 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,201 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 18 September 2016 - 07:47 AM

Do we still have to provide information, since we are not using Skype?

Οnly in case that there are serious doubts about the  authenticity of the account

#12 Nortrom

Nortrom

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 746 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 September 2016 - 01:25 PM

@THEE_ASSASSIN

Don't forget to actually sign up if you wish to participate.

#13 Bizevr

Bizevr

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:40 PM

Hello,

I would like to ask the administrators, why skype requirement is removed.

Thank you

Winston S. Churchill — 'Democracy is the worst form of governmentexcept for all the others.'

#14 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,021 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 18 September 2016 - 04:33 PM

I second that question. We got an announcement of the change from Morx a week ago in the Smiling Scout but with no explanation, really.

It did seem like a good way to insure identity in this major Stratego event.
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#15 Bill0nStrateg0

Bill0nStrateg0

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:03 AM

I have a higher ranked account called billonthego but i made it through Facebook and therefore cannot speak in these forums using it. I can't sign in. I made billonstratego to talk in the forums and join the NASF

I do acknowledge the other account here on my billonstratego profile but I will be happy to use the higher ranked billonthego to play my games if you want but I will always have to speak in the forums as billonstratego

#16 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:15 AM

Is there a way to see the round by round results from last years WCO? 

#17 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,021 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:55 AM

Is there a way to see the round by round results from last years WCO?

WCO has hidden the Smiling Scout thread from last year. That has all your data. Maybe they would consent to open it but lock it so it couldn't be confused with the new Smiling Scout thread? The new one could be pinned and the old one not as well.
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#18 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,387 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:57 AM

Just a suggestion:  Why not add queenbee1, who recently indicated that she wishes she had signed up?  Then you'd have an even 50 players and no byes in any round.  I know the first round match-ups might have been a bit different, but this doesn't seem like it would be significant over the course of the tournament.  I can vouch that queenbee1 has been very conscientious about scheduling her games in recent NASF events.

The Prof

• Master Mind, queenbee1 and Borgbee like this

#19 Nortrom

Nortrom

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 746 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:23 AM

@Bill: Using this account is fine as is. 

@Wogomite: http://greg.kleier.n...able.php?eid=10 the "round by round" results I can (re)generate when I get at my desktop computer later this evening. It should be available somewhere for old memories sake anyway ;). I suppose you are interested in both the standings and actual results of each round?

@Prof: I fully agree with your spirit. We sent out the match PM's and adding one player would have changed the pairings, leading to confusion with new PMs. (Fun fact: I ran the matchmaker a few minutes before the deadline, The Maestro signed up a few mins prior to the deadline closing and all matches were changed due to +1 player     ( Just a few I remember.. Morx was Paired against Josephwhite, I was paired against Moghedien while Hielco was paired against Texaspete09 ). Sending out new PMs and causing confusion is even less desirable. 

I will bring up this case within the WCO team regarding potential late-entry as of round #2.

#20 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:45 AM

Yes I would like to see standings and results.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users