#21 Morx

Morx

Scout

• WC Online Team
  • 143 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:32 PM

In the third round there were a few games so far that showed that not everyone has a lot of (online or real live) tournament experience.

Just a kind reminder to everyone that if there is something you are not sure of or disagree with something that happens in a game, we have arbitrage by the WCO team. For this to work succesfully, just post screenshots/video in the game thread used to arrange the game and we will have a look at it.

Examples of these are:

1 games with little progression (one player does move pieces but does not attack).

2 One player has higher piece plus some lower pieces and other player has one piece of lower rank that cannot be captured and is trying to shuffle and slowly hit enemy back line

• Lonello and Yangus like this

#22 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:29 PM

61PwyiF.jpg

#23 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

Things are getting tense as the second WCO nears its end. A close look at the top 8 and defending champion:

Gkaros gr.jpg
After leading the tournament for several rounds, Gkaros's impressive run, including victories against the likes of hielco and playa1, came to and end by losing against dutch junior prodigy, hello124

Hello124 nl.jpg
Having beat players like dutchkillers, napoleon 1er, texaspete, playa1 and gkaros, hello124 is now leading the WCO. Is this his edition to win? next round will not be easy for him by any means, playing against -Wogomite- . Fun fact: Hello124 lost his first round match against dalee and has made an excellent comeback so far

Playa1 nl.jpg
Having a good start with 4 wins in a row, his streak was stopped by gkaros in the 5th round. One round round later, another difficult task was at hand for playa1 by being paired up against Sohal which turned out to be a victory for playa1, only to lose against the current #1 of the leaderboard, hello124 one round later. Honorable mention: Beat the defending champion (Morx).

Hielco nl.jpg
Having a good start by winning his first 3 games of the tournament, his streak, like playa1's, was stopped by gkaros in the 4th round. After losing vs gkaros, hielco was paired up against nortrom whom  beat hielco in the 5th round. Consecutive victories against astros, hondjekapitein, and sohal put hielco back in the top places.

Wogomite us.jpg
Having a difficult task at hand, being paired up against hello124, Wogomite has shocked the WCO by defeating defending champion Morx in the first round. Having beat players like Lonello, losermaker and hondjekapitein on his way to the top, he also found his winning streak being put to an end by no one else other than gkaros. An excellent recovery by beating napoleon 1er, puts him on the #1 board of this round, giving him a shot at shaking up things.

Spion... nl.jpg
Beating defending champion morx in the second round, losing against spyros77 in the 3rd round, striking back with a victory against theoptician, only to lose the round after against josephwhite. Spion then started an impressive winning streak by defeating Leppie, mrbrainiac, and nortrom, putting him in a top spot at the beginning of the 9th round. A bumpy but rather impressive performance

Nortrom nl.jpg
Runner up of WCO 2015. Having an excellent start by winning 3 consecutive games, a draw against sohal put an end to the winning streak. In the 5th round, a victory over hielco put him into a good position for the tournament title. Another draw against gkaros in the 6th round proved to be costly, putting gkaros ahead. A close victory against losermaker, followed up by a defeat against spion... in the 8th round, giving him his first WCO loss ever, put him in the #7th spot, hoping that other top competitors will make a mistake.

Sohal fr.jpg
A rather weird start for sohal, winning the first round due to a no show of the opponent, sohal then beat thee_assassin, leppie (who beat sohal last year), a draw against nortrom, followed up by a victory over mrbrainiac in the 5th round, faced playa1 in the 6th round which turned out to be a disaster, sohal losing the game. In the 7th round, sohal also got revenge on spyros77 who beat him last year. Unfortunately for sohal, the round after, he faced hielco which turned out to be too much of a challenge that game. Playing texaspete09 in the 9th round, we wish him the best of luck in this difficult challenge.

Morx nl.jpg
Defending champion of WCO 2015, had a difficult start, losing against wogomite in the first round, suffering another painful defeat afterwards against spion... in the second round, found his form from last year back by taking the points off Bizevr, kambia, the prof, josephwhite, texaspete09, winning 5 games in a row to make an impressive comeback. Only to be stopped by playa1 in the 8th round. In the 9th round, he will face nortrom

• Lonello, Kambia, TheOptician and 6 others like this

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

Follow the 3rd Online World Championship: http://forum.strateg...d-championship/

#24 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:21 AM

Hello124 beats Wogomite, maintaining his lead in the WCO standings. 

• berre likes this

Follow the 3rd Online World Championship: http://forum.strateg...d-championship/

#25 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:34 PM

Hielco plays a draw against playa1

#26 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:58 PM

Hello124 beats Wogomite, maintaining his lead in the WCO standings. 

Hielco plays a draw against playa1

After these results the world champion will be this  player who will reach at least the level of 50 points.

This means that only 2 players can be the online world champion 2016-207 and these are :  hello124 , and the winner of the game gkaros vs spion...

In case of a draw in this game , hello124 will  celebrate the title before the last round

• berre likes this

#27 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:13 PM

Gkaros keeps the dream alive by beating spion...

#28 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

Texaspete09 beat Sohal

#29 Master Mind

Master Mind

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 908 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:53 PM

But gkaros and hello124 can not play with each other right, because they already did in Round 8?

First Dutch Champion Juniors 2015

#30 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

There are no double matches indeed.

#31 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

Morx 3 -3 Nortrom, like last year, round 9 aswell!

#32 Yangus

Yangus

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:07 PM

Thank you Nortrom for the news.

Here is my video against Josephwhite : https://www.youtube....h?v=5SHDPxfLXiY

He is aware.

• The Prof and tobermoryx like this

#33 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:22 PM

Final round commences

Hello124nl.jpg : Tournament winner or runner-up. Hello124 will play against Hielco nl.jpg in order to win the WCO title.

Gkarosgr.jpg : Tournament winner or ranging in between runner-up and fourth place. Gkaros faces Losermaker au.jpg to keep his WCO dream alive, but will be dependant on the result of Hello124nl.jpg - Hielconl.jpg

• Moghedien, texaspete09 and Yangus like this

#34 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

Thursday 26/1/ 18.00 gmt

hello124 vs Hielco

Around 19.00 or maybe later we will know if hello124 is the champion or gkaros has his last chance in his game against losermaker.

What a finish this year!!!!!

• dutchkillers, berre, texaspete09 and 1 other like this

#35 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

Did the results come in for the possible champion?

#36 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:36 AM

Thursday 26/1/ 18.00 gmt

hello124 vs Hielco

#37 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

Thank you, I missed those small letters. Apparentally I was checking the forums needlessly all night for the results.

#38 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:50 AM

We can't blame you for being as curious as we are ;) patience... :( 

• --Wogomite-- likes this

#39 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,905 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

Did the results come in for the possible champion?

Almost equally exciting is did the results come in for the US champion? Is it going to be you, Pete or Prof? Same for the best Swiss... is it going to be astros or Napoleon? Yangus or Leppie for Belgium? I hope Leppie because last but not least who's going to be the Best of the Rest of the Dutch? Is it going to be me or dutchkillers playing Leppie? Since I beat Mastermind, hondje and Yellowhat all I strive for is my Dutch replacementspot I won against dutchkillers last time ;).

• --Wogomite--, texaspete09 and Yangus like this
Lo

#40 Yangus

Yangus

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:16 PM

Almost equally exciting is did the results come in for the US champion? Is it going to be you, Pete or Prof? Same for the best Swiss... is it going to be astros or Napoleon? Yangus or Leppie for Belgium? I hope Leppie because last but not least who's going to be the Best of the Rest of the Dutch? Is it going to be me or dutchkillers playing Leppie? Since I beat Mastermind, hondje and Yellowhat all I strive for is my Dutch replacementspot I won against dutchkillers last time ;).

I hope Yangus because he won the Belgian Championship, and he wants to prove he is the best belgian player of the year :D

Edited by Yangus, 25 January 2017 - 04:18 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users