#41 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,951 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:44 PM

The great stratego event of tonight is now over. Karaiskakis asked for not having the game recorded so Napoleon 1er respected this decision. So unfortunately for the fans there will not be world vision retransmission for this game. The battle was hard and long, A big party has been organized yesterday evening by Napoleon's troops to celebrate a very important anniversary. Music has been heard until late in the night and smells of cigars was still perceivable at dawn. Wine flowed freely and some Napoleon's officers even finished the celebration with some gin tonics. ... strangely, during today's battle, one of Napoleon's major who must have somewhat abused of last night's delights ran boldly inside Karaiskakis lines and took the intrepid initiative to threaten one of Karaiskakis colonels even though the danger was clear ... why? ... nobody knows but investigations showed that the Bomb A Saphire was certainly involved and somewhat guilty of this impossible attack ... Karaiskakis took the advantage and the freshness of his troops gained supremacy in the end. Great game and a fully deserved victory for Karaiskakis. Maestro's happiness will be heard loud and for a long time ... :D
  • KARAISKAKIS, Lonello, Jakehaar and 1 other like this

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#42 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 September 2016 - 05:22 PM

After losing his second match of the Champions League group stage and effectively being eliminated from the tournament, Final Fantasy leaves the arena and drops to his knees out of breath. He pulls back the hood to reveal Wogomite! The excitement in the atmosphere is a reminder of his failure. As Wogomite finds the results of the other groups he is heavily surprised to see some of the upsets that have taken place. 

As Wogomite walks back to his quarters to shower and rest he thinks about participants that have already clenched their seats in the knockout stage and is interested for some matches over others.  After he awakens from his rest Wogomite goes to sit in the arena awaiting the next match. 

With such relaxation to be able to enjoy his seat as a spectator he decides to try a Marmite sandwich for the first time. It reminds him of pamenta and cheese. His mouth waters with anticipation for the next bite.  

The fact that the Champions league is only half over amazes Wogomite to see such activity towards the WCO part of the Colosseum. He realizes at this moment why the Colosseum was built with so much space. He thinks to himself "This is going to be one Stratego party history books will describe in detail!"

• KARAISKAKIS and Master Mind like this

#43 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,038 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:27 PM

Yellowhat, scott and me are in second place all with two wins, what happens now? We play again?
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#44 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,292 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:03 PM

Mutual results are used between tied players.

As Maxroelofs beat both Yellowhat and scottrussia, maxroelofs takes 2nd place.

Yellowhat takes 3rdplace as he beat scottrussia in their game.

#45 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:58 AM

The dust settles and there is one man standing...

The proud Greek warrior did it again. After beating Napoleon he finally got his biggest victory ever. And more than deserved it.

So, turn on the music, start throwning all the dishes and I want to see some dancing. D-Spy still owes me one of his famous dances ON the table, so this should be the moment.

KARAISKAKIS probably won't be available until after the weekend due to the massive national parties and I will spend my time thinking what went wrong. Probably thinking about what went right is a lot faster...

Was it my nightly activity (if so, that Sadi really gave some bad advice), was it the PM's I sent just to mess with him, was it the last second psychological warfare I gave him in the Challenge Zone? Is it that I escaped against Lucky Papa, Leppie and Roeczak while seeing pieces move that did not (bombs) and see others fly when it was a Marsh. 

I joined that WCO just to have a shot at a rematch, so let's all hope that it will happen soon. So, just to keep him pumped and ready for the next time: take me off that damn (game) friend list of yours!

Edited by The Maestro, 22 September 2016 - 10:17 AM.

• KARAISKAKIS likes this

#46 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:06 AM

KARA bt Maestro 

Victory screenshot

http://i.imgur.com/dyrwLXx.png

You can watch the whole duel in this link

Once Upon a Time in stratego.com

https://youtu.be/BdK0jaLuJL8

#47 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:04 AM

I demand a full investigation as that last post convinced me the suspicions I had were actually very true.

I did NOT lose to KARAISKAKIS. Why, because I never played him. It is clear that some other person (or persons) are using this account, but CERTAINLY not the REAL KARAISKAKIS.

How do I know all of this? The evidence is overwhelming 

Τhe best post I have read in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :)

Thanks Maetsro I will do my best to beat this swiiss guy . Despite our differences in past I thank you from the depth of my heart for this historical post.  

Maetsro??? Since when is KARAISKAKIS misspelling names? Or is it meant as an INSULT!!!  :angry:

karaiskakis will be wiped out sunday evening ... this event will be retransmitted in worldvision on this channel for all to see that ... unless of course karaiskakis doesn't want his defeat to be shown publicly ...
...and of course this Maestro's manipulation is only because he fears to get matched against Napoleon 1er in next round ... karaikakis is much easier he is right on that .

Clue 2: There was no protest when that Swiss guy wrote this. He (deliberately??) misspelled the Great Greeks name not once but THREE times...and no reaction AT ALL

The great stratego event of tonight is now over. Karaiskakis asked for not having the game recorded so Napoleon 1er respected this decision. So unfortunately for the fans there will not be world vision retransmission for this game. The battle was hard and long, A big party has been organized yesterday evening by Napoleon's troops to celebrate a very important anniversary. Music has been heard until late in the night and smells of cigars was still perceivable at dawn. Wine flowed freely and some Napoleon's officers even finished the celebration with some gin tonics. ... strangely, during today's battle, one of Napoleon's major who must have somewhat abused of last night's delights ran boldly inside Karaiskakis lines and took the intrepid initiative to threaten one of Karaiskakis colonels even though the danger was clear ... why? ... nobody knows but investigations showed that the Bomb A Saphire was certainly involved and somewhat guilty of this impossible attack ... Karaiskakis took the advantage and the freshness of his troops gained supremacy in the end. Great game and a fully deserved victory for Karaiskakis. Maestro's happiness will be heard loud and for a long time ...  :D

Clue 3: FIVE more times! 

I also want MT to get rid of Napoleon 1er as he was clearly drunk when he wrote both these posts. I have seen little kids write better (English) than this, even Swiss kids (and that was already years ago), so that is no excuse either.

Clue 4: In the days leading to this match KARAISKAKIS was now suddenly claiming in PM's that it was not an epic battle, but "just a match" and he was talking about having fun. That can NOT be the real one. Also I want to file a complaint that in preparation he sent me a clip of Once upon a Time in the West, 48 hours before match time, which resulted in me not being able to sleep due to humming that terrible Morricone tune.

And now to even convince Gary:

KARA bt Maestro 

Victory screenshot

http://i.imgur.com/dyrwLXx.png

You can watch the whole duel in this link

Once Upon a Time in stratego.com

https://youtu.be/BdK0jaLuJL8

It is The Maestro!!! This is now the second time. Of course he could be INSULTING!!! me but I don't think so; there is more here.

So I want a full investigation on what happened with this account and more so: WHO IS BEHIND THIS. Who is CONDUCTING this?? I thiNk I kNow, but we all Need to be N-tirely sure.

PS. This account also stole the WCO results of last year. THIEF!

Edited by The Maestro, 22 September 2016 - 11:19 AM.

#48 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:14 AM

http://forum.strateg...o-2015-results/

WCO results were (re)posted 1 min prior to your post :D

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

Follow the 3rd Online World Championship: http://forum.strateg...d-championship/

#49 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:22 AM

I demand a full investigation as that last post convinced me the suspicions I had were actually very true.

I did NOT lose to KARAISKAKIS. Why, because I never played him. It is clear that some other person (or persons) are using this account, but CERTAINLY not the REAL KARAISKAKIS.

How do I know all of this? The evidence is overwhelming 

Maetsro??? Since when is KARAISKAKIS misspelling names? Or is it meant as an INSULT!!!  :angry:

Clue 2: There was no protest when that Swiss guy wrote this. He (deliberately??) misspelled the Great Greeks name not once but THREE times...and no reaction AT ALL

Clue 3: FIVE more times! 

I also want MT to get rid of Napoleon 1er as he was clearly drunk when he wrote both these posts. I have seen little kids write better (English) than this, even Swiss kids (and that was already years ago), so that is no excuse either.

Clue 4: In the days leading to this match KARAISKAKIS was now suddenly claiming in PM's that it was not an epic battle, but "just a match" and he was talking about having fun. That can NOT be the real one. Also I want to file a complaint that in preparation he sent me a clip of Once upon a Time in the West, 48 hours before match time, which resulted in me not being able to sleep due to humming that terrible Morricone tune.

And now to even convince Gary:

It is The Maestro!!! This is now the second time. Of course he could be INSULTING!!! me but I don't think so; there is more here.

So I want a full investigation on what happened with this account and more so: WHO IS BEHIND THIS. Who is CONDUCTING this?? I thiNk I kNow, but we all Need to be N-tirely sure.

PS. This account also stole the WCO results of last year. THIEF!

Ιs this post a joke?

If it is , it is a bad one.  :angry:

#50 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:33 PM

Ιs this post a joke?

If it is , it is a bad one.  :angry:

Well you had it coming for a few years but now for sure: https://www.youtube....l6Lu3xQW0&t=70s

#51 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:37 PM

What are you insinuation Maestro? I hope this is a joke, but if i know you well it isn't. 

Shame on you in that case.

Lucky

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#52 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,038 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 September 2016 - 05:55 PM

What are you insinuation Maestro? I hope this is a joke, but if i know you well it isn't. 

Shame on you in that case.

Lucky

It's probably his period of the month. ;)

• Luckypapa likes this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#53 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,068 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:23 PM

I lost to Karaiskakis and I didn't complain. Proud warriors everyone of them. I got my ♥♥♥ handed to me this year, but next year watch out.

• maxroelofs likes this

#54 The Maestro

The Maestro

Major

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:50 AM

Of course it was a joke. The guy won and clearly so; he did a great job! I already said that.

Since my former nemesis and newest friend liked my other post (filled with at least a dozen inside jokes) so much (best post he ever read) I thought we could have another healthy laugh together based on our history.

Especially for Lucky I will explain the main joke in my post (but keep the others to the few people that get them, as explaining jokes is quite awkward), as he clearly doesn't know me. Seemed to me it was very clear this was all an (inside and practical) joke once I posted the Fawlty Towers link (with a great cameo by the Proud Greek shouting "ZISS IS NOT FUNNY").

Why there isn't invitation for me in 1st division? I think that in the winter divisions I took promotion for the 1st. Correct?
But in the related list with the invitations there is no name KARAISKAKIS. Any particular reason for this decision?

Karaiskakis, you are in the above list  :-)

My friend I do not blame you because you do not know the back history of this issue.
In the above list there isn't my name account which is KARAISKAKIS not Karaiskakis. In  the previous tournaments (Autumn and winter division) TC used to make the same '' mistake''.  At the beggining I was thought that it was just a simple mistake which after my complaints to TheMaestro was corrected in the spring tournament. Now it happens again in a post- invitation coming from the same person  and my conclusion is that most probably this is not just a ''mistake'' because mistake which is REPEATED and happens ONLY in my account most probably hides something else behind it.This issue is a matter of respect.
I am still waiting my  invitation

Your name (now capitalised) appears in the invitation list :-)

Apologies for the prior lack of capitals, I will ensure as best as possible that your name appears correctly :-)

And then the brilliant answer to all this by NTAC:

Apparantly my Greek friend didn't find me going back to this hilarious piece of history as funny as some of the other stuff I mentioned before, which in a way surprised me, but on the other hand it is probably better as I need to keep him focussed in case we have to meet again (hopefully soon in WCO). I even have some more great stuff reserved should we meet a third time  ;)

PS. Max, better stay out of this or any discussion when the names KARAISKAKIS, The Maestro, TheOptician and NTac all appear in it. It saves us a waterfall of questions/questionnaires to answer and my PM box is full :lol:. The stratego forum: The fun never ends!

Edited by The Maestro, 26 September 2016 - 10:53 AM.

• queenbee1 likes this

#55 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,068 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:58 PM

I am glad to hear this was an elaborate joke. I cannot imagine top players would actually accuse each other like the young pups do. I take my lead from all of you and though I will go up and down many times I hope to one day achieve the hallowed ground of Platinum and perhaps the highest ranked woman on Stratego.  ;)

• Lonello and Master Mind like this

#56 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,068 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:16 AM

Did I see a Platinum Gladiator picking his teeth with what was left of my bones after I was devoured by the lions in the Champion's League? Nah that would never happen. I am sure they use dental floss. Well regardless, although I was quickly dispatched in 4 games "I'll be back!"

I want to tip my cap to my conference players Napoleon, Karaiskakis, Vapor and Silent Slayer. Now I will amble on down to the silver and gold graveyard and toss my battered body upon the others slain in battle. As the Phoenix rises from their ashes the Queenbee will sharpen her stinger and rise again.

• Napoleon 1er and hondjekapitein like this

#57 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,951 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:42 PM

Here is the event of the day Champions league game Hielco vs Napoleon 1er ... in worldvision exclusively for all stratego fans, have fun.

http://forum.strateg...-video/?p=68420

• Luckypapa, Hielco, maxroelofs and 1 other like this

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#58 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:59 AM

Semi finals in CL reminds the old days in metaforge.
lightwing , hielco, hannibal and zorostrike promise a final four full of excitement but also memories from the glorious past in our school.

z
z
z
zoro
  • THEE_ASSASSIN likes this

#59 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,292 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:19 PM

A reminder that Champions League 2017 is open for registration for another 12 days, with the tournament beginning on Monday April 24th.

http://forum.strateg...ampions-league/

29 hopefuls are currently registered and eligible, but with a host of top names missing from the roster, local bookmakers are predicting the emergence of a new winner.

With the controversy of the treatment of disqualified players still fresh in the minds, TC are eager to move on and get proceedings underway down at the Colosseum.

EXCLUSIVE

With the Pyramid League still at least partly shrouded in mystery, The Pioneer can confirm that the top 2 finishers of this years Champions League will earn an automatic spot in the Apex of the Pyramid (that's the fancy name for Top Division).

#60 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,292 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:12 PM

Champions League Preview

Champions League 2017 is up and running.

With Nortrom deciding to rest his battle costume for the Pyramid, Hielco has been instilled as definite tournament favourite. Hoping to cause some unrest in his group is hondjekapitein, MTinsley, Major Nelson and njphillips12.

Impressive newbie despy will be contending with OverLord_98 in Group 2, whilst queenbee1 has the opportunity to take revenge on Henry domerkant.... Portugal's top player MONJE also joins the action.

The self-styled King of the Shufflers Napoleon 1er heads up a hungry Group 3 which includes Kambia & Fairway. Great Manos and texaspete09 will be renewing their Masters rivalry

Absolute newcomer Unladen Swallow has soared into Group 4, where don mitsos, danis_p_gr, pasxalistz and Yellowhat will be looking to knock him off his perch....

The opening game of the tournament saw gpet0 take the first victory over Bill0nStrateg0. josephwhite and B.E.M. HCS have history - they were in the same group last year with B.E.M triumphant. Watch out for steelers who has been sharpening his blades.

Group 6 sees spyros77 and --Wogomite-- joined by everyone's favourite Spartan Army. Spaher and reoczak will be looking to rough things up, with one of the tournament's newest recruits slowmutant8 attracting some interest.

playa1 was always going to create a group of death with his low seeding, I was just hoping it would be someone else's misfortune. ajax123 & newcomer GFighter join Master Mind and Grizzlybaer (and me)

Lucky and leppie make a great literary double act - they are joined in Group 8 by Aris1970, Bizevr & Moghedien.

With 24 players qualifying, all is to play for. The Pioneer will exclusively keep you informed (probably a lot initially and then will tail off towards the end). At the Pioneer, we tell it how it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users