Zeke2517

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:23 AM

I've just lost two games in a row while being ahead in both because the computer won't let me move my men. I went down about 28 points because of this. It has happened before too. In addition to not being able to move my pieces, I can't communicate with my opponent. I even tried to surrender and was unable to. How can this be fixed? It says that my internet was disconnected, but I've got a good connection. Very frustrating.
  • MisterTimRules likes this

#2 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:46 AM

I'm getting same thing sometimes when i play from my laptop that is an HP spectre x2. It is not a question of internet connection but rather an issue with overheating of the computer. I have not found a solution for that except playing from another computer that does not have same problem. At home i play without problem on HP pavillion or ipad tablet.

... agree with you this is frustrating.
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#3 Witherguy22

Witherguy22

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:54 PM

The internet was down in your area?!

#4 MisterTimRules

MisterTimRules

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:13 PM

Happened to me as well. Has nothing to do with the internet. I managed to win the game, but it was very frustrating. Sometihng to do with Shockwave acting up, I believe.

#5 Witherguy22

Witherguy22

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:49 PM

Sometimes, it can kick you out.

#6 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:50 AM

Sometimes when I am using the pad on my keyboard to move instead of a mouse - I accidently click on a piece and move my finger on the pad at the same time - this sometimes gets me immediately back to the sign in screen and when I sign in I've lost (so no 2:30 to get back in).  It happens to me a couple times a week if I play for an hour or so a day.  My son also tells me he gets it but less than myself as he's playing at set up at home and the mouse is there.

I have no idea what my opponent sees as I've never been the recipient of such a "win", so no idea what message comes up to tell them they have won.

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#7 l!1ijL1

l!1ijL1

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:04 AM

cheese with that

Edited by l!1ijL1, 25 July 2016 - 05:05 AM.

#8 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Major

Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:35 AM

No, the win was just fine without it.  But thanks for the offer.

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#9 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,649 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:25 PM

I've just lost two games in a row while being ahead in both because the computer won't let me move my men. I went down about 28 points because of this. It has happened before too. In addition to not being able to move my pieces, I can't communicate with my opponent. I even tried to surrender and was unable to. How can this be fixed? It says that my internet was disconnected, but I've got a good connection. Very frustrating.

It sounds like you might be using a wireless connection. If so, I have had a similar problem in the past. For me the ultimate fix was to replace my old modem/router in my house.

When the old modem/router would act up I'd have full bars of signal in my house showing on my tablet but nothing was working in the game; I was froze up and I also could not speak to my opponent. My temporary fix for this was to disconnect from the wifi on my device and then reconnect a moment later. Then it would usually work again for the remainder of that game. When I could once again communicate to my opponent in BattleChat my pieces could be moved as well.

I could get all this done fairly quickly and so the 2:30 buffer allowed me back in.

This used to happen quite often to me before I replaced my modem/router in my house. Good luck. :)

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#10 Zeke2517

Zeke2517

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:44 PM

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Must have been my computer cuz I uninstalled some apps and it's working okay now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users