#1 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,350 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:23 AM

Ask your questions here about the Champions League 2016 and a member of TC will get back to you.

• Vap0r likes this

#2 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,362 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:36 PM

I notice two things:

•that there is a requirement to appear in the challenge room prior to the game.

•the winner must show a screenshot as proof of victory.

For someone playing on the new app the first requirement is impossible. There are no such public chat rooms available to a player on the new app. For this problem I submit that the new app player be considered as showing up if he is merely online and simultaneously present in the game pm as a replacement for the challenge room appearance. If any communication by a new app player is needed prior to the game, the only thing available to that player is to communicate through the game pm.

If TC is requiring the actual challenge room appearance, the new app player will not be able to play.

The second matter, the victory screen, the problem here is that for the new app player this screen lacks in detail as it does not provide either player's name. I assume that a published agreement as to the result of the game by both players can suffice?

Finally, I note in the wonderfully-written and detailed rules the very PC and strained coined term of "sportshumanship".

To that I put this: :D
  • Aris1970 and leppie like this
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#3 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,350 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:51 PM

The purpose of entering the Challenge Zone is to prove that player's presence in case their opponent does not show. For users of the new app, any other method which proves that the player is present at the time of the match will be considered instead. However, I am not sure that this player will be able to prove the absence of the other player by simply being online themselves. Hopefully this will not be an issue, as this would only become a problem if two players became involved in a dispute about who was online at what time. Thanks for raising this issue as a possibility.

If both participants confirm the result (or if neither player disputes the result) then a screenshot is not essential. I would advise new app users to take a screenshot in any case, and TC can take it from there should a dispute arise. I'm not sure in the history of online tournaments that two players have been in disagreement about a result, so would hope that this is only a distant possibility.

#4 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:26 PM

) Who is eligible to play?

"All non-banned players ranked at ELO 250 or higher by Wednesday 3rd August 23.59GMT are eligible to register."

According to this rule, if a player is not banned or convicted by MT but his account or aliases are reported for abusive behaviour and the case is under review without a verdict until 3rd August,this player can still participate in CL?
And if this player get a conviction while CL is in progress, will he be discarded?

Member of the Moderating Team

#5 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,277 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:19 AM

Finally, I note in the wonderfully-written and detailed rules the very PC and strained coined term of "sportshumanship".

To that I put this: :D

A second  :D to the term of "sportshumanship"

For those who do not know what this term means , it is the best English word to express what means the greek word ''φιλοτιμο''

Theo looks that he has adopted the '' greek '' way of thinking  :)

#6 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,362 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:46 PM

A second :D to the term of "sportshumanship"

Theo looks that he has adopted the '' greek '' way of thinking :)

Greg, you don't mean the Greeks are that politically correct also, do you? lol :D

😁
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#7 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,362 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:49 PM

Is it possible to sign up and miss the first two weeks?

Vacation time for me.

#8 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,362 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:15 PM

What day will the TC send out game pm's? Will it be on, say, Thursday of the week before the game week, thus allowing us a full week to post our STR's?

#9 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,350 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:28 PM

Vacation time for me.

Yes, provided that you are able to make up the time in later weeks (by playing more than once in a week)

#10 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,350 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:29 PM

What day will the TC send out game pm's? Will it be on, say, Thursday of the week before the game week, thus allowing us a full week to post our STR's?

This will usually be Monday. If you want to provide your STRs earlier than this you may do so by contacting TC, and we will send out the match pm in advance.

#11 Vap0r

Vap0r

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:09 PM

GaryLShelton, on 03 Aug 2016 - 05:49 AM, said:snapback.png

Vacation time for me.

Yes, provided that you are able to make up the time in later weeks (by playing more than once in a week)

I will not be here until Friday the 12th, and the match schedule comes out this Sunday the 7th (?). So should I post my STR somewhere like here, or what can me and Gary specifically do? Thanks

#12 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,350 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:58 PM

Vap0r - we will assume that you are absent Week 1.

#13 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,350 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:59 PM

) Who is eligible to play?

"All non-banned players ranked at ELO 250 or higher by Wednesday 3rd August 23.59GMT are eligible to register."

According to this rule, if a player is not banned or convicted by MT but his account or aliases are reported for abusive behaviour and the case is under review without a verdict until 3rd August,this player can still participate in CL?
And if this player get a conviction while CL is in progress, will he be discarded?

danis_p_gr,

We have delayed answering this question until close of registration. If a player becomes banned mid-tournament then the decision will be at TC's discretion. 

EDIT:  Once a ban is actually enacted by admin, this player will be unable to log-in, and will therefore be automatically removed from the tournament.

#14 njphillips12

njphillips12

Miner

• NASF Committee
  • 217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:26 PM

When will the pools be published?
- N

#15 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,350 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:35 PM

The draw will be made and the groups published on Saturday GMT evening.

EDIT: The draw has now been made: http://forum.strateg...016-live-draw/

#16 Zatanna

Zatanna

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:32 PM

Which place in the groupdo we need to get in round 2 :)

#17 Yellowhat

Yellowhat

Sergeant

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 339 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:35 PM

place 1 or 2

Yellowhat is the literal translation of my surname.

#18 Zatanna

Zatanna

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:08 PM

lol

#19 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:56 AM

Opt,

My first match isn't until week 3.

If my opponent (scheduled to play week 1-2) finishes that match can we play prior to week 3.  If I understand things correctly we have to play matches in the order selected but could play earlier if both players can/agree.

The reason I ask is that August is a much better month for myself timewise than September.

Thanks

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#20 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,350 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:02 AM

Scott,

There is no provision in the rules of this tournament that allow players to choose to play games earlier than scheduled. If players are absent during a certain week, then they are advised to contact TC as early as possible so that we may re-schedule the fixture to a week that we select.

That being said, your time zone (exceptionally) is GMT+7, so given the extra difficulty that you face in coming to arrangements this may justify an exception being allowed in relation to your group games. TC will discuss and get back to you and your group.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users