• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:03 PM

NASF GSB Tournament

1. General:

a. The NASF is pleased to host a tounament for lower level players.
b. The tournament will be run by astros, steelers, The Prof, Will Wallace, and --Wogomite--.
c. The tournament will begin July 18th.
d. Players who participate will become members of the NASF if they are not already.
e. Players who can not participate in this even may still join the NASF and can play in future events.

2. Eligibility:

a. A player must possess citizenship in a North American, Central American or Caribbean country. Players with duel citizenship are permitted as long as they are a citizen of a North American country.
b. A player must have an ELO score of at least 200 or a minimum of 200 games played.
c. A player must be registered at the Stratego.com forum.
d. A player may only enter on one account. The player must use the same account in all tournaments run by the NASF.
e. At the time of sign up, a player may not have had at any point an ELO rating greater than 699 on any account.
f. Players who are ineligible because of rule 2e, but have a NASF ELO rating less than 1179 may participate.
g. The tournament judges reserve the right to refuse entry to any player suspected of not meeting the eligibility requirements.

3. Format:

a. On July 17th our pairings will be announced.
b. Players will be randomly seeded, some may receive byes depending on the number of participants.
c. Players who are paired will play a game with the winner advancing to the next round.
d. If a tie occurs, the two players must immediately play another game to determine a winner. Unless, a date within 24 hours is agreed upon.
e. This is a double elimination tournament, players are eliminated when they have lost two games.
e. The winner of the Rehabilitation Bracket must beat the winner of the Premier Bracket twice to become the champion.
f. Matches will be posted in the forum as a topic for those two players so they may setup matches and report results.

4. Scheduling:

a. Players are expected to play at least one game a week. The game must be completed by Monday 12 AM EST.
b. Players will use the forum topic of where their match is posted and give at least give some time slots of availability.
c. To be valid, a time slot must be at least two hours. A time slot must fall between 6 PM - 12 AM EST Monday through Friday or 12 PM - 12 AM EST Saturday and Sunday.
d. If both players have posted valid time slots (in accordance with Rule 4c) by Wednesday 11:59 PM EST, but there is no matching time, then players may continue to post valid time slots until Friday 11:59 PM EST. If no agreement has been reached (by Friday 11:59 PM EST) then the game will automatically be scheduled for Sunday 8:00 PM EST.
NOTE: Players may still MUTUALLY agree to play their game on a different time, as long as it starts no later than Sunday 11:00 PM EST.
e. If a player has not posted (at least) 3 valid timeslots (in accordance with Rule 4c) by Wednesday 11:59 PM EST then this player may be forfeit the match. (Note that a forfeit only applies if there are no existing game arrangements) Whilst TC will help out wherever possible by highlighting when time slots are not valid, it is the sole responsibility of the player to ensure that this requirement is met.
f. If a player is not present 10 minutes after 8pm EST their opponent may claim victory by taking a screenshot by showing their opponent offline on their friends list.
g. If both players fail to appear during set scheduled match of 8pm EST on Sunday, the player who demonstrated the best effort to set up a match will be declared the winner. If no effort is made by either side, then player with the current higher ELO will be declared the winner.

5. Reporting:

a. For a result to be official the winner must send a screenshot to the tournament board clearly showing the result or may post screen shot to forum via file attachment or hyperlink to a picture sharing site.
b. If both players confirm the result of the match, the tournament board will accept this in lieu of a screenshot. However, it is strongly recommended that players screenshot the result.

6. Additional Rules:

a. If a player feels their opponent is refusing a draw, they should report it to the tournament judges. The tournament judges will rules on draw refusal cases according to the rules of the Moderation Team. Those rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...e-26#entry63914
b. If a player feels their opponent is demonstrating abusive behavior, they should report it to the tournament judges. Players found guilty of abusive behavior will be removed from the tournament and may be removed from the NASF.
c. If a player disconnects on their opponent instead of surrendering that player is guilty of abusive behavior.
d. This event will enforce the ISF rule of double chasing. Any lengthy double chasing that is recorded on video may be presented to the judges. If the video shows such evidence exists of double chasing, the player in violation will forfeit that match.
e. Unless if both players agree to it, no video recording of a match will be permitted to be published to any website. However if a video shows that of a violation to our rules or Stratego.com it will only be shared to that of tournament judges: astros, steelers, The Prof, Will Wallace, and --Wogomite--
f. If a player is disconnected due to a bug, a rematch may be played at the discretion of the disconectee's opponent. If the player who was disconnected has a video of the disconnection they may share it with the tournament judges. The judges may compel a rematch.
g. Participants may only post on their game thread, the tournament questions thread or in the Marshal Blitz.
h. Players may not accuse other of unfair play openly on the forums. Any concerns about unfair play should be addressed in a private message to the tournament judges.
i. Players are expected to be respectful of each other.

7. Sign Up for Event:

Sign your name on post below if you are interested in joining our event and meet our eligibility requirements.

Deadline to enter the event will be Sunday July 17.

Registered
Fairway
njphillips12
donald.mallard
Vap0r
QueenofHearts
6 - 4 - 2 - S
Midnightguy

MTinsley

3 - 0

#2 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:06 PM

The following players may enter through rule 2f:

scottrussia
Sgt. Blkdog
JCalla5373
128628bozo
match
Midnightguy
chefwd76
njphillips12
QueenofHearts
Fairway
BallerSteve
3 - 0

#3 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,465 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:36 PM

I will participate.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#4 njphillips12

njphillips12

Miner

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:16 PM

I'm in.
  • Fairway likes this
- N

#5 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:07 AM

I'm in also.

complaint department is on strike.

if you dislike a joke, not my problem. Sue me.

#6 Vap0r

Vap0r

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:13 AM

I'm in.

Vap0r

#7 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,174 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:22 PM

I am in again.

#8 6-4-2-S

6-4-2-S

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:26 AM

I would like to play

#9 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:07 PM

I will join this event

#10 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:59 PM

The deadline to sign up is now extended until July 24 at 5 PM EST.
3 - 0

#11 MTinsley

MTinsley

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:48 AM

I hope I am not too late to join.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users