#41 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,494 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:43 PM

I am very sorry to report that more jerks keep appearing in droves every day.

A certain portion of the site desires a 5 second move timer and a different buffer than the current 15 seconds and 5 minutes arrangement we now have. Often, these same people want a total game clock as well.

Although the MT has viewed a couple of extreme cases this year as unsportsmanlike, where every move by a player was exactly 15 seconds, in the vast majority of cases slow play is just slow play and perfectly allowed here. Many of us disagree that it is slow play, in fact. Unfortunately, ill-mannered behavior is rampant, especially where this issue is concerned. Don't let it get you down, Gwynplaine. :)

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#42 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:06 PM

Thank you for the reply, Gen. Shelton. I would like to ask you about another "jerk" related issue, please. Today I played against a fellow, I am assuming was Dutch, who goes by the moniker "Beemer." It was a strange a almost ridiculous type of round in which all of our pieces were exchanged or lost, and all that was left were bombs, flags, and two spies. Apart from the fact that this person did not reply to my greeting message, we kept doing a dance around the board. His flag was surrounded by bombs, mine was open and flanked by one. I thought that in the interest of time that a tie would be more efficient–he did not have one to his record. He did not reply. I even wrote in Dutch to him...no reply. So, we kept going around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and I did keep my moves to a slow 15 seconds at one point. As there was no communication coming from him, and I had time and patience on my side, regrettably, he finally attacked my spy and we got a time...after 20 minutes of slow dancing!

What would you propose in such a situation, or is there any remedy that can be applied?

Thank you and awaiting a message.   :)

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#43 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,254 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

"Beemer."

= bad sport

from my experience as well.

• Viriatus and Gwynplaine like this
WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#44 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:01 PM

= bad sport

from my experience as well.

Greetings, Fairway! Thank you for the validation. There are fortunately a good number of "Good Sports" here that are not only graceful when they have lost a match, but equally graceful when they have won. It really makes for a much more intense, challenging, and fun game when this is the attitude, wouldn't you agree?

Thanks again!

• Fairway likes this

#45 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,494 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:47 AM

What would you propose in such a situation, or is there any remedy that can be applied?

Gwynplaine, you need but have followed the draw refusal rules in the first post of this topic and you could be out of any game ten minutes after your first draw request is refused.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#46 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:22 PM

Gwynplaine, you need but have followed the draw refusal rules in the first post of this topic and you could be out of any game ten minutes after your first draw request is refused.

And there it is in Black & White...thank you very much, Gen. Shelton!  :)

Now, I must report another jerk from the battlefield–someone calling itself "Einstein E=MC2"  He did not like my strategy...one of trying to bring him into my fortress setup, so he retaliated by mimicking my movements...you know you can feel when a player is developing frustration. At any rate, I tried to communicate politely and finally, I indulged him and made amove. He was very aggressive and I had a poor placement when we exchanged marshalls. Then he complained and said "It's only a game," then he called me a loser. I told him because I felt I was wasting my time with a jerk, I would allow the buffer to run out. I did not read his final messages as they would only be insulting, and there are more important things than to endure the nastiness of others, so I let my time run and he defeated me. It is really too bad when people fail to understand that the most fun you will have playing this game, win or lose, is when you are playing against a really good sport. 

Miccardfan kicked my butt royal, but he was very interactive with chat, and we had fun. He was a really good sport.

Back to the drawing board.

#47 Viriatus

Viriatus

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:31 AM

This thread is 1 year old but I came here by searching the word "beemer". The guy refused to draw also with me, except that it lasted for almost 2 hours. Unfortunately, I didn't have a screen recorder installed as my laptop is one of those with a very little storage space and I often have to hard reset it. I really had to leave, otherwise I would have wait for him to get tired first, since I have a special pleasure when those cheaters end up flustrated.

#48 Sgt. Blkdog

Sgt. Blkdog

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

This thread is 1 year old but I came here by searching the word "beemer". The guy refused to draw also with me, except that it lasted for almost 2 hours. Unfortunately, I didn't have a screen recorder installed as my laptop is one of those with a very little storage space and I often have to hard reset it. I really had to leave, otherwise I would have wait for him to get tired first, since I have a special pleasure when those cheaters end up flustrated.

You can't take screenshots?

Wuf!

#49 Viriatus

Viriatus

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Lieutenant

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:05 PM

No, and is difficult to prove these situations with just a screenshot, only a video would be reliable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users