#21 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,255 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:06 AM

And why do you claim to be 11 years old? I smell a rat. No one aged 11 uses words like 'befuddled' or 'synonyms'

Well maybe some 11-year-olds are smarter than rats. Like ones with perfect 4.0 GPAs.  Perhaps  you just never realized that kids aren't all that stupid.

• donald.mallard likes this
WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#22 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,255 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:11 AM

Hey dum dum you started it, I don't know you. You think I get to be platinum marshal by disconnecting and losing games? Then you have the nerve to complain when you get shut down for talking? Maybe this is the inexperience of youth we are seeing - you will learn these lessons as you grow older. Right now you are way out of your depth, better stick to the juniors league.

lol I'm sure many kids will love your life lessons. You were in the wrong, you reported probably over 30 disconnects and called names insulting them... didn't even provide screenshots. Then steelers reports you and to restore your reputation you lie and say "hmm, looks like I was about to take your flag there" "funny the screenshot doesn't show it" until Steelers gave us the whole screenshot. How many lies there? At least 2 defense posts saying it was an accident, so at least 2 lies. Whose the one needing to be taught now?

When was I ever "shut down for talking"? Everyone here except you and Walhall support me. You know you were in the wrong, just ACCEPT IT LIKE A MAN. Or are you one of those "sissies" you reported for disconnecting?

#23 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

See this is the problem when you start getting involved in things you don't understand. His claims were BS and his photos showed nothing, but I decided to take the high road because I could see posting back and forth wasn't going to achieve anything. No one else commented (or cared) so I left it. Until you piped up like an annoying little brat at the back of the classroom who tries to correct his teacher but doesn't actually know enough to be saying anything. Maybe you are smart, but not at this game - your rank is below average. I've been playing longer than you claim to have been alive and play at a high level, so don't appreciate oiks like you who are obviously jealous trying to jump on bandwagons that don't involve you and that you don't even know the full details about.

#24 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,255 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

See this is the problem when you start getting involved in things you don't understand. His claims were BS and his photos showed nothing, but I decided to take the high road because I could see posting back and forth wasn't going to achieve anything. No one else commented (or cared) so I left it. Until you piped up like an annoying little brat at the back of the classroom who tries to correct his teacher but doesn't actually know enough to be saying anything. Maybe you are smart, but not at this game - your rank is below average. I've been playing longer than you claim to have been alive and play at a high level, so don't appreciate oiks like you who are obviously jealous trying to jump on bandwagons that don't involve you and that you don't even know the full details about.

His claims were nothing but the truth, unlike your comments. The photo showed you losing and you decided to lie and say you didn't disconnect. You took the low road, lying. Of course posting back and forth wouldn't achieve anything, because you knew you were wrong. Several people did care, many liked Steelers' posts. Yeah you did leave it but after disconnecting yourself you have no right whatsoever to report anyone else for disconnecting or calling them sissies for doing this. I'm not jealous of a lier. WHO is?

#25 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:49 PM

I don't get what the big deal here is. Who cares if IM disconnected or not?

The bigger issues to be concerned about are the draw refusals and the chasers

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#26 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,255 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:56 PM

I'm annoyed by him because he reported a bunch of disconnectors and called them names, insulted them, ect..., then was reported himself, lied about it until proven wrong, then continues to insult disconnectors. Pure hypocrisy. 

#27 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:52 PM

There are many more ways for someone to be a jerk on Straego.com then draw refusers and chasers. I fully agree with you that these things are a concern and should be stopped. If those are your only two concerns though, there is a thread called " report draw refusers here". That page may fit you a little more specifically.

There are ways to troll and be annoying that most people would not think of. I personally think these many ways of being a jerk are just as much of a concern and problem. My least favorite are high ranks that camp and appear as a low ranks just to steal maximum points from high level players. None the less,  I am glad that we have this thread to report a large variety of ill-mannered behavior.

#28 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:57 PM

Like I said Fairway, you don't know all the facts behind that and why it was posted, or what happened in the game. You just want to believe everything you read/see when it suits your agenda. The funniest thing is you've got yourself all wound up about something that you wouldn't have if you had the full picture. And then you've gone on to make yourself sound like a whiny brat in the aftermath. As I said, you'll learn as you go through life that sometimes all isn't what it seems and jumping in feet first without doing your homework can be a bad move.

Now, I know as a kid you'll need to have the final say so please go ahead as I'm going to move on now.

#29 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,255 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:39 PM

Like I said Fairway, you don't know all the facts behind that and why it was posted, or what happened in the game. You just want to believe everything you read/see when it suits your agenda. The funniest thing is you've got yourself all wound up about something that you wouldn't have if you had the full picture. And then you've gone on to make yourself sound like a whiny brat in the aftermath. As I said, you'll learn as you go through life that sometimes all isn't what it seems and jumping in feet first without doing your homework can be a bad move.

Now, I know as a kid you'll need to have the final say so please go ahead as I'm going to move on now.

Not much to really know behind your disconnect... you lost and were made, then disconnected. Whatever you say I'm doing you can believe. I know what I'm really doing, which is calling out a hypocritical disconnector. 

This last sentence here in adult language can be translated, "I know I lost the argument, so before my reputation is ruined anymore, I'm not going to reply here anymore." We both know you were in the wrong. Stop making excuses and just admit it.

#30 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,345 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:30 PM

iron_maiden, how did you play Stratego at the age of 11? Why did I have had some very good games against Fairway, as a Platinum Captain? Why does Fairway win 2 times in a row from Mr. Smith, who is a very good player? Why do you deny your disconnection as it is so obvious it was? How can steelers manipulate the photo anyway (I'm 100% sure he didn't)? Why don't you post disconnectors anymore since the time of your accusation? Just some questions.

• Fairway and donald.mallard like this

#31 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:23 AM

You're just some silver level hack as far as I can see. Talk to me when you have a real ranking.

That was rude, I have PMed Fairway, and he is a Stratego prodigy and a great  kid.

His W-L record is 1218- 613

yours is 815- 243.

In my honest opionon you are haughty and arrogant and should apoligize to him.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

we need spell check on this editor.

Edited by donald.mallard, 15 June 2016 - 02:23 AM.

complaint department is on strike.

if you dislike a joke, not my problem. Sue me.

#32 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,255 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:08 PM

That was rude, I have PMed Fairway, and he is a Stratego prodigy and a great  kid.

His W-L record is 1218- 613

yours is 815- 243.

In my honest opionon you are haughty and arrogant and should apoligize to him.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

we need spell check on this editor.

Iron Maiden said I'm "below average" at Stratego.

First, over 19/20ths of all registered accounts on this site and bronze. And I'm above bronze.

Second, I'm definitely not "below average" considering my age.

But I think Iron Maiden is "below average" in sportsmanship. :D

#33 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:14 PM

First, over 19/20ths of all registered accounts on this site and bronze. And I'm above bronze.

Fairway, I don't appreciate Iron Maiden and Wallhalls attitude toward you but you are antagonizing them.

Show your class by being a young adult that learns to walk away and prove yourself through self control and good sportsmanship.  Arguing back does not prove the other guy to be a jerk, it just puts you in the same cage.

• GaryLShelton, Mr. Smith, sevenseas and 4 others like this

#34 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:27 PM

He's wrong.

Ur better than me.

no  your not, U are amazing, U are really smart, smarter than me anyway.

lol. I think you are correct. 
I liked what you said earlier.

Fairway: Not much to really know behind your disconnect... you lost and were made, then disconnected. Whatever you say I'm doing you can believe. I know what I'm really doing, which is calling out a hypocritical disconnector. 

This last sentence here in adult language can be translated, "I know I lost the argument, so before my reputation is ruined anymore, I'm not going to reply here anymore." We both know you were in the wrong. Stop making excuses and just admit it.

IM is just bullying you to get a rise. 
When I was 10 I was diagnosed with Asperger's.
At 13-17, all the mainstream kids ever talked about was sex terms, and I still had no idea about some terms. They laughed at me.
I deecided to be the better person, and ignore them.
Some people just bully to impress others.

I still hate bullying, and I just walk away.
So leave IM alone, otherwise he thinks you are inviting him to keep bullying you.

Sam 

Edit: we need spell check.

Edited by donald.mallard, 16 June 2016 - 04:28 PM.

#35 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:52 PM

As the thread for "Disconnecting Hall of Shame" is fairly dead, I thought that "Jerks" is very much alive. By the way, I played Donald Mallard today and he is a really good sport–there is no nastiness, he wants to play fair and square, and is also complimentary...even though I am very inexperienced...Mr. Mallard...you are a true gentleman and I appreciate your positive spirit! Having said that, I played two jerks today (please...start chuckling if you will, or even laughing), as they both disconnected from a Quick Game setup we had. Here are the screen grabs:

http://pasteboard.co/1MG6x9hH.jpg

http://pasteboard.co/1MG7J6Lr.jpg

I wasn't playing a great round, but...COME ON!!! It's a challenging game...some of the players here are incredible, clever, and highly skilled...we should all be having a great time observing the high skilled players in action...it's amazing!!!

When I have more to report from the front, I'll be back!!! LOL! :-)

Cheers and good luck...but more importantly...have great fun!!!

• Fairway and donald.mallard like this
"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#36 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:04 PM

THIS JUST IN!!! I'm sorry, but I'm laughing out loud...where do these people come from??? I was just in a match with a dude calling himself "Stormrider999." I greeted him by saying that his moniker was serious and that he was going to kick my butt. I meant it...it seemed he was ready for the game. I started and within a minute, I took his Marshall...well...er...um...guess what? He disconnected.

http://pasteboard.co/1MGT9UjY.jpg

It's just a game and you should really just plan to have some fun.

Oi vey!!!

#37 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:42 PM

As for the reason I came to this page....

There are a handful of low ranked accounts around 400 and lower of players that are actually good but keep there elo low to cause upsets and maximum loss of points to high ranked players. I do not think this is right and actually think it should be grounds for disciplinary action. I don't know if you could actually prove it to the point that a disciplinary action would be upheld but it would be nice.

The player I am going to bring up only gets put on the list because it was not the first time I played him and I recognized a high level of play both times . He keeps his record about .500%. He plays like a platinum and will draw out the game patiently and methodically and knows how to attack unlike a typical 400. He uses info to his advantage and he knows how to capture and defend the lanes with two square well unlike 400s. 

His name is....SoSorry. It's almost as if he is saying, so sorry that you are going to underestimate me and then lose 25 points to me after I win. Going into the game I remembered him and prepared myself and sure enough I am glad I did. I did win if anyone wondered but I knew I could not underestimate him or 22 points would go down the drain to a troll just for him to lose them and do it again to another platinum victim.

Has anyone else experienced players like this?

It just would not be at all practical to do that.

I was in the mid 400s for about 350 games around 18 months ago , and i'd say i was matched with 700+ players around 6 or 7 times at most.

90% of a 400s ELO players games will be vs opponents rated between 300-600 , and if it is out of that range then much more likely to be a very low level opponent than very high.

So no 700+ player  is gonna set up an account that he keeps in the low 400s just to annoy Platinum level by taking 22 points from them , because he would only get to play them once in 50 games , and , in order to keep at around 400 he would need to actually win half his matches (and resign the rest) so it would be very time consuming.

Stratego is complicated so there are many different parts of it to be good or bad at , so a 400 player could be as good as a 700 player at certain things eg bluffing , but weak at defending against aggressive players that call every bluff ,that will be common at that level. . Also there is a 'rock-paper-scissors' aspect to this game , so that  you might get a match up with a lower level player whose strengths work well against your style of play.

There are players that always seem to be about 125 points higher than me that i have beaten 3 or 4 times in a row . They are better than me though as they don't lose to the players i do . Also players 100 lower than me have won 3 in a row against me, but presumably have poor records against opponents i would usually defeat, or else they'd be higher up.

• Master Mind and Fks like this

#38 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:55 PM

It has really been quite a day. I just played against a fellow called "Miccardfan." I wanted to greet him, but before I could say "Hello" he was already being nasty. Check out our dialogue...he didn't know that I had a little time on this site playing some very good people:

http://pasteboard.co/1MKdFnFb.jpg

At any rate...I got his Marshall with my Spy fairly quick, and much to his credit, he surrendered. It is so much better when people chat nicely...at least I think so.

• GaryLShelton and donald.mallard like this

#39 donald.mallard

donald.mallard

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:56 PM

As the thread for "Disconnecting Hall of Shame" is fairly dead, I thought that "Jerks" is very much alive. By the way, I played Donald Mallard today and he is a really good sport–there is no nastiness, he wants to play fair and square, and is also complimentary...even though I am very inexperienced...Mr. Mallard...you are a true gentleman and I appreciate your positive spirit! Having said that, I played two jerks today (please...start chuckling if you will, or even laughing), as they both disconnected from a Quick Game setup we had. Here are the screen grabs:

http://pasteboard.co/1MG6x9hH.jpg

http://pasteboard.co/1MG7J6Lr.jpg

I wasn't playing a great round, but...COME ON!!! It's a challenging game...some of the players here are incredible, clever, and highly skilled...we should all be having a great time observing the high skilled players in action...it's amazing!!!

When I have more to report from the front, I'll be back!!! LOL! :-)

Cheers and good luck...but more importantly...have great fun!!!

Thank You

#40 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:14 PM

I am very sorry to report that more jerks keep appearing in droves every day. A silly JERK calling itself "Jookiyaya" beat me in a game and complained that I was not moving fast enough. What is it with these jerks? I am always polite, although I did mention to this jerk that I felt they played a good game but that arrogance was a poor quality. I suppose that Mommy and Daddy never taught these jerks how to be polite, be competitive, and also how to be a good sport.

It is so sad.

Back to the chalkboard...

• GaryLShelton and Fairway like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users