General Croz

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Colonel

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:33 AM

Can some one tell me how to report a jerk that plays here? This is the kind of person that makes playing a great game a waste of time.

#2 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,254 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:08 PM

Can some one tell me how to report a jerk that plays here? This is the kind of person that makes playing a great game a waste of time.

Did they refuse an obvious draw or trashtalk/swear at you?

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#3 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,494 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Colonel

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:06 AM

I have moved this thread to general discussion of multiplayer.

General Croz, if you want to report either type of claim, as Fairway asks you, you can do so in one of the appropriate pinned topics in this same section of the forum.

Also, you might want to check out the General Site and Forum Rules for far more information on the site. Here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Welcome to the forum!

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#4 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:35 PM

Anyone come across an Axel Schweiss? At 48-10 I was expecting a tough game. Ok he was only gold level but with that sort of record you figure its a good player on the way up. Yet he played line a bronze - brought marsh and gen out first, lost his gen to my marsh really quickly, then lottoed my gen with his marsh but the spy was there, then predictably brought a colonel out and ate bomb. Then ran away like a little girl. I just can't understand how someone who plays like that can be a gold level and 48-10?! (48-11 now lol)

#5 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:13 PM

Greetings! I just played a match with someone called Topper6...total kamikaze style of playing...it was like a poor and depraved version of speed chess. I lost the match because this jerk's luck was good. The only satisfaction I have is that such a style cannot last against truly skilled players. Please teach this reprobate a lesson. It was annoying...and this jerk was very arrogant. Phooey!!!

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#6 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,254 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:05 PM

Then ran away like a little girl. 

Really, don't be a hypocrite.

• Master Mind likes this

#7 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:02 PM

Sorry, who are you?

#8 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,254 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:15 PM

Sorry, who are you?

A player who doesn't disconnect while whining about disconnectors myself. :)

#9 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:52 PM

You're just some silver level hack as far as I can see. Talk to me when you have a real ranking.

• Walhall likes this

#10 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:25 AM

You're just some silver level hack as far as I can see. Talk to me when you have a real ranking.

Fairway is a dedicated and loyal member of the site and the NASF. This page is about revealing people who play dirty and unsportsmanlike. I have never seen or heard of Fairway doing anything of the such. He actually shows one of the best sportsmanship that I have seen.

iron_maiden.. You forget that a lot of people play on this site and remember a lot of things about the sportsmanship of the players they win and lose to. I have started keeping a folder of disconnects, rude behavior and draw refusals. I don't always have intentions on posting them but I do have the option and I encourage everyone to do the same. Accountability in this way may be one of the strongest tactics to get players to start playing fare and courteous.

As for the reason I came to this page....

There are a handful of low ranked accounts around 400 and lower of players that are actually good but keep there elo low to cause upsets and maximum loss of points to high ranked players. I do not think this is right and actually think it should be grounds for disciplinary action. I don't know if you could actually prove it to the point that a disciplinary action would be upheld but it would be nice.

The player I am going to bring up only gets put on the list because it was not the first time I played him and I recognized a high level of play both times . He keeps his record about .500%. He plays like a platinum and will draw out the game patiently and methodically and knows how to attack unlike a typical 400. He uses info to his advantage and he knows how to capture and defend the lanes with two square well unlike 400s. 

His name is....SoSorry. It's almost as if he is saying, so sorry that you are going to underestimate me and then lose 25 points to me after I win. Going into the game I remembered him and prepared myself and sure enough I am glad I did. I did win if anyone wondered but I knew I could not underestimate him or 22 points would go down the drain to a troll just for him to lose them and do it again to another platinum victim.

Has anyone else experienced players like this?

• Mr. Smith, Fairway, Master Mind and 1 other like this

#11 Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

And who are you? Just some sort of a player who is good at stratego but terrible by respecting other players and dealing with them?

• johannnes, Fairway and Master Mind like this

#12 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,254 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:48 PM

Haha if I was "hacking" wouldn't I be a bit higher? You're just some hypocritical disconnector as far as I can see. Talk to me when you learn to have good sportsmanship and not whine about something you do yourself (disconnecting).

#13 Walhall

Walhall

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:26 PM

fairway is a loud-mouth considering his rank

#14 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:43 PM

You're right in that we should consider a player's quality. But this quality is in terms of respect to opponents, sports(wo)manship and good behaviour. Being good at Stratego doesn't earn you the right to be a (*^(_*(. Not that anyone is really being one of them here - it's just that 'rank' has nothing to do with anything.

• Mr. Smith, Fairway, donald.mallard and 1 other like this

#15 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,254 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:52 PM

fairway is a loud-mouth considering his rank

I have full rights to defend myself against people who try to slander and trashtalk me. Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm a free target to pick on and get anger out on. Find another person to get rid of your sadistic junk on.

• johannnes, --Wogomite--, danis_p_gr and 2 others like this

#16 Walhall

Walhall

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:09 AM

I have full rights to defend myself against people who try to slander and trashtalk me. Just because I'm young doesn't mean I'm a free target to pick on and get anger out on. Find another person to get rid of your sadistic junk on.

you just have no plan, you don't even know who flieger_olaf is :lol:

but you have a big mouth, that's for sure

http://forum.strateg...ge-2#entry59720

#17 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:20 AM

Greetings from the battlefield. You know, I have had the true pleasure of playing against some very nice people recently. They have engaged in polite and fun chatting, and even when they lost, or when I did, there was a good feeling because both of us were playing for the fun  of the game.

The Battle Chat harks back to the original idea that players could communicate in good spirit with one another during a match. These days, however, it really appears that too many folks have no manners, no ability to communicate, no willingness to communicate, and are playing ONLY to win. I find this rather sad.

I played a really intense and suspense round with Zed is Dead–he's from Holland. At first, he was ignoring my chats, but then he engaged...wow...what a great round. It was a real photo-finish as they say. I did win, and when I played him again, he kicked my butt up and down the block like nobody's business. You know...he never got mean and we still exchanged fun chat. It made the game so enjoyable.

Just now, I finished a round and surrendered to a jerk called ENOC IZIDIOS. Not friendly (it is his right), indifferent (it is rude), he clearly was receiving my messages but refused to interact–a player who wants to win and nothing more. That is NOT what this game is about! That is only a small part of it, and the most obvious part. Teasing is fine if you're being friendly, but someone will always capture the flag, or will earn the surrender...that's a part of the game.

Anyhow...for the most part, there are a number of excellent players who also are very excellent people, too. I may lose, and I don't mind, but I really dislike the jerks!

Thanks for reading!

• GaryLShelton and --Wogomite-- like this
"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#18 Walhall

Walhall

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:35 AM

shill says he is young, lol

that's what shills do :lol: :lol: :lol:

#19 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:35 AM

Hey dum dum you started it, I don't know you. You think I get to be platinum marshal by disconnecting and losing games? Then you have the nerve to complain when you get shut down for talking? Maybe this is the inexperience of youth we are seeing - you will learn these lessons as you grow older. Right now you are way out of your depth, better stick to the juniors league.

Edited by iron_maiden, 09 June 2016 - 12:38 AM.

• Walhall likes this

#20 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:42 AM

And why do you claim to be 11 years old? I smell a rat. No one aged 11 uses words like 'befuddled' or 'synonyms'

Edited by iron_maiden, 09 June 2016 - 12:45 AM.

• Walhall likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users