Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,658 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:57 PM

Just a private business decision made by the Management Board

It was a serious question. It also would be a disadvantage to the players who end up being in the finals

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#22 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,885 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:00 AM

It also would be a disadvantage to the players who end up being in the finals

It's a good point, TheO.

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#23 scottrussia

scottrussia

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:45 AM

Optician,

I support whatever decision is made by those volunteering their time to run this. 

I would really like to bet on myself (to win of course) - Its just a lot more fun :)

But if I can't I will still be betting!

Regards,

Scott

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#24 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,848 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:44 AM

It was a serious question. It also would be a disadvantage to the players who end up being in the finals

This game is just for fun so I gave a fun answer. But if this game was serious, I'd say that most sports do not allow players to bet on themselves to win. While there might seem no problem betting on yourself to win, this action by a particular player can have an impact on the market in question. A player backing themselves may cause a 'run' on one particular selection - whilst conversely a player not backing themselves might indicate a lack of confidence in their price - an implicit backing of their opponent.

Many markets choose to negate this effect by not allowing players to bet at all on a match that involves them.

I would add that Springstakes does allow a player to bet on themselves to win the tournament (just not an individual match). As soon as this coupon is ready, you may bet on yourself there should you choose to.

As for the disadvantage to players who remain in the competition at a late stage, I agree that this is a factor, if only a very small one. You could get round this however by backing yourself to win the tournament.

#25 Nortrom

Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,658 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:25 PM

This game is just for fun 

Exactly, that's what I thought too, so might aswell allow betting ( atleast if you bet on winning.. ) on your own matches :)

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#26 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,848 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:49 PM

Due to popular demand the Management Board now allows players to bet on themselves to win matches!

• Nortrom likes this

#27 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:07 PM

Does the coupons for tournament winner decrease after each round? For example if i bet now 100 on Napoleon 1er as tournament winner the factor is 75, does this factor decrease after each round, in other word does an early bet bring advantage versus a late bet? If not my interest is then to wait the last moment to bet as I would bet those 100 only right before the final. If yes can we know in advance more or less how much would be the decrease of the factor after each round?

Any possibility to bet multiples on quarter finals or semi finals? for example if i bet 50 on player A to be in quarter final and 30 on player B and both are there then my gain is 30*50?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#28 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,848 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

Napoleon - the prices will change each round. Exactly how much they will change depends on results elsewhere - I cannot say now what the price will be for later rounds.

There will be the possibility to bet on a player to finish in the top 4 or the top 6. This will be added as a new coupon at the end of this week.

#29 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:51 PM

Red points are for use on Match Coupons only, black points are for use on Special Coupons only.

They count for the same at the end of the tournament, but this allows you to have some long-term bets running without affecting your available balance on the short-term bets.

Are the odds posted? What are the black points for? What are special coupons? 

#30 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,848 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:11 PM

Red points can be bet on Match Coupons.

Black points can be bet on Special Coupons.

The available coupons are here, and new coupons will appear here in due course:

http://forum.strateg...s-2016-coupons/

Players may place bets here:

http://forum.strateg...d-placing-bets/

#31 Vap0r

Vap0r

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:00 AM

As you mention, astros has since played a game so this price is no longer available. Prices will be updated at the start of each week, as the Management Board do not have the resources to update the price in real time.

Well I want to bet on his next game. If it isn't updated between now and then, does that mean I cannot bet on him?

#32 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,848 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:06 AM

astros and steelers still have 8 days to play their game, which will very likely be next week, so you will most probably have an opportunity to bet on this match.
  • Vap0r likes this

#33 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:50 AM

What is the conversion rate of red points to euros? I have growing concerns about the Management Board's ability and desire to allow me to cash out.
  • TheOptician likes this
3 - 0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users