Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:36 AM

North American Stratego Federation (NASF):  

The world team tournament starts June 6th. The NASF needs to select the players who will represent us this Summer. The NASF committee wants to send the strongest team possible to the tournament. The purpose of the qualifying event is to determine who those players are.

1. General:

a. The qualification tournament begins May 6th and runs through June 3rd.

b. The tournament will be run by Astros with disciplinary measures discussed among the committee

c. Astros and Strangeplayer as NASF tournament winners have earned spots on the national team. Astros will serve as team captain.

d. The NASF invites Manning2Cruz, Enigma, and PUNISH to play on the team without participating in the qualifying event. However, for future team events the NASF may only choose players who have participated in regularly scheduled tournaments

2. Eligibility:

a. The tournament is invite only. The following players are invited to qualify –Wogomite--, Will Wallace, The Prof, josephwhite, steelers and Gaius Marius.

b. Players invited to qualify have until Thursday, May 5th to confirm they wish to participate.

c. Players not invited to qualify who feel they should receive consideration for the national team should message the tournament committee by Friday. Please be aware that it is very unlikely you will be invited to participate if you have not already been asked.

3. Format:

a. The tournament will follow a round robin format, every participant will play each other once.

b. A win is worth 6 points, a tie is 3 points, a loss is 1 point, and failure to show is 0 points.

c. The players will be ranked based on their points scored in the tournament.

d. Head to head result will be used as the first tiebreaker. Matches will be replayed after that

e. The top finishing players will fill the remaining spots on the national team

4. Scheduling:

a. Players are expected to play at least one game a week. The game must be completed by Monday 12 AM EST. 

b. Players will use the forum topic of where their match is posted and give at least give some time slots of availability. 

c. To be valid, a time slot must be at least two hours. A time slot must fall between 6 PM - 12 AM EST Monday through Friday or 12 PM - 12 AM EST Saturday and Sunday.

d.      If both players have posted valid time slots (in accordance with Rule 4c) by Wednesday 11:59 PM EST, but there is no matching time, then players may continue to post valid time slots until Friday 11:59 PM EST. If no agreement has been reached (by Friday 11:59 PM EST) then the game will automatically be scheduled for Sunday 8:00 PM EST.

NOTE: Players may still MUTUALLY agree to play their game on a different time, as long as it starts no later than Sunday 11:00 PM EST.

e. If a player has not posted (at least) 3 valid timeslots (in accordance with Rule 4c) by Wednesday 11:59 PM EST then this player may be forfeit the match. (Note that a forfeit only applies if there are no existing game arrangements) Whilst TC will help out wherever possible by highlighting when time slots are not valid, it is the sole responsibility of the player to ensure that this requirement is met. 

f. If a player is not present 10 minutes after 8pm EST their opponent may claim victory by taking a screenshot by showing their opponent offline on their friends list. A player who does not show up may be dropped from the tournament.

5. Reporting:

a. For a result to be official the winner must send a screenshot to the tournament board clearly showing the result or may post screen shot to forum via file attachment or hyperlink to a picture sharing site. 

b. If both players confirm the result of the match, the tournament board will accept this in lieu of a screenshot. However, it is strongly recommended that players screenshot the result.

6. Additional Rules:

a. If a player feels their opponent is refusing a draw, they should report it to the tournament judges. The tournament judges will rules on draw refusal cases according to the rules of the Moderation Team. Those rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...-topic/?hl=kiss

b. If a player feels their opponent is demonstrating abusive behavior, they should report it to the tournament judges. Players found guilty of abusive behavior will be removed from the tournament and may be removed from the NASF.

c. If a player disconnects on their opponent instead of surrendering that player is guilty of abusive behavior.

d.  This event will enforce the ISF rule of double chasing.  Any lengthy double chasing that is recorded on video may be presented to the judges.  If the video shows such evidence exists of double chasing, the player in violation will forfeit that match.

e. Unless if both players agree to it, no video recording of a match will be permitted to be published to any website.  However if a video shows that of a violation to our rules or Stratego.com it will only be shared to that of tournament judges.

f. If a player is disconnected due to a bug, a rematch may be played at the discretion of the disconectee's opponent. If the player who is disconnected has a video of the disconnection they may share it with the tournament judges. The judges may compel a rematch. 

g. Participants may only post on their game thread, the tournament questions thread or in the Marshal Blitz.

h. Players may not accuse other of unfair play openly on the forums. Any concerns about unfair play should be addressed in a private message to the tournament judges.

i. Players are expected to be respectful of each other.

7. Sign Up for Event:

Sign your name on post below if you are interested in joining our event and meet our eligibility requirements. 

Any questions add them to this topic or PM Astros, steelers, The Prof, Will Wallace, or --Wogomite

See you at the Battlefield!

8. Questions and Answers:  

Please post on this thread.  

Edited by astros, 03 May 2016 - 03:55 AM.

• Aris1970 and hondjekapitein like this
3 - 0

#2 The Prof

The Prof

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:53 AM

I'm in.

#3 Will Wallace

Will Wallace

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:54 AM

I'm in.

#4 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:11 AM

Im in

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#5 Caesar101

Caesar101

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:33 AM

I thought there were 5 who were already in the team. Is this another change to the original rules?

Didn't Wogomite say on the other thread that he made a mistake and the original 4 winners of the tourament would participate?

Edited by Caesar101, 03 May 2016 - 05:34 AM.

#6 Will Wallace

Will Wallace

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:51 AM

I thought there were 5 who were already in the team. Is this another change to the original rules?

Didn't Wogomite say on the other thread that he made a mistake and the original 4 winners of the tourament would participate?

The top four were Stangeplayer, myself, astros and steelers.  Strange and astros are still on the team.  Steelers and I offered our seats to M2C and PUNISH.  The committee has selected Enigma to be the 5th seat.  This round robin will qualify the alternate as well as additional alternates in the case that someone drops out.  Nothing has changed from what Wogomite stated.  The committee has decided to select the remaining spots as we are doing. 

• KARAISKAKIS, Gaius Marius, josephwhite and 2 others like this

#7 josephwhite

josephwhite

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:49 AM

Well done NASF, for making a good solution to a contentious issue. Also, I particularly appreciate the humility offered by Will Wallace and Steelers to offer their seats to top the players M2C and Punish (even though you guys are not far behind yourselves in ELO). I think Will Wallace's comment was key to my understanding, as I wasn't sure what was going on when I read the topic initially.

I think it would have also been fair for Will and Steelers to be the alternates without the need for this Qualifier, as I think all the people invited actually failed to reach the final four in the tournament that was to select the players for the US team initially. However, I suppose by being a round robin qualifier it does make it more likely to select the best alternates than a single elimination tournament does.

Anyway, it will be challenging and fun to participate in the qualifier anyway, so I'm in.

• The Prof and Will Wallace like this

#8 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:29 AM

I'm in

#9 steelers