Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:14 AM

So I decided to buy the single player game on my phone because I feel its necessary to give back to the people that gave me this free online game.  I beat the campaign in about 30 minutes.  I have 23 wins and 2 losses.  The 2 losses were in the campaign because I decided to to test the computer's skill and see just how bold i could be.  Moving my s next to the 10, it will take it lol.  The positives.  I like the new animations, I like that the game itself is smooth.  That's about it lol.  The negatives.  Thinks its dumb you have to buy add ons.  I could have a perfect record because the computer is so weak.  I do think max is right, the original single player is better.  On hard it just runs in circles and makes you attack.  But even after you reveal a big piece, the computer still will not make attacks. Only way I could get the computer to attack was to give it my s, and 10.  Hench my 2 losses.  Then the 10 comes out and lottos everything.  But it was on campaign, so i think it knows where the flag and bombs are anyways.  No matter how hard I tried, I could not lose on the 40 piece game.  Beware, on some of the campaign missions the computer gets more pieces that you.  Example, on one it has 3 8's to your 2.  The computer uses no bluffs and your bluffs will be met with running away.  The computer does not trap pieces or close them in with 2 bigger pieces.  All in all I think its an example of the devs trying to bring in little kids.  The computer on all difficulty levels really is no different.  I think it would only beat the worst players in the world unless you do what I did and just give it your big pieces.  I think even 100-300 elo players are better because they use common sense, and the computer doesn't. The game is really no challenge and pretty poor.  Just buy it as a donation for them being so kind as to give us a free game to play.

Edited by Gaius Marius, 16 April 2016 - 04:46 PM.

• The Prof, gatos13, Fairway and 1 other like this

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#2 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:32 AM

Fine review, Gaius. Only about a year late, my friend! :)

One thing that still stands out for the past fourteen months on this thing is the fact it gives the opponent 4 moves to evade on the Two Squares but you only get three to chase. On top of this, when you are evading, you only get the three to evade with, and are killed as normal. Of course!

And the warning message is wrong on this as well. It says "more than four moves", as opposed to "more than three moves".

Mick hasn't managed to do anything about these two issues though we have told him about them a few times.
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#3 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:10 PM

Wow, as i continue to play, i just saw that the three square rule is not implemented so my piece could not take my opponents peice.  i had it backed into a corner and it just went back and forth and then it said i could not move, which is funny because we were facing eachother and he moved first.  This game really does have a lot of flaws.

• Fairway likes this

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users