slothrop3

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:39 AM

Happened twice in the last two weeks to me: My opponent resigned and I lost points.  I'm not the only one: http://forum.strateg...-losing-points/

Any ideas what's happening?  I'm playing on the iPhone app; but it's likely a server-side issue, not the app. 

image1.PNG

image3.jpg

#2 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,023 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:54 AM

I don't know what is going on with that. It looks like a 20 pointer in one instance. Ouch! I do know that I play on the wireless android app and lately I've been having glitch issues also. I'll get an opponent who doesn't set up and doesn't set up, and then the set up time ends and still nothing. And I just leave the game with an inexplicable loss. That same thing or another pregame hiccup has given me an automatic loss of approx. 75 points in the last three weeks.

Sorry, I can feel your pain but I know that doesn't help much.
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#3 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,213 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:23 PM

Send an email to customercare@stratego.com

They should take care of this.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#4 slothrop3

slothrop3

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:03 PM

Thanks @Fairway. Though I did email them a week ago and they told me to post here!   :rolleyes:  

"Hi,

That's a strange thing. Can you please take this case to the forum? Unfortunately I can't add the Elo points to your account. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Stratego Support"

• Fairway likes this

#5 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,213 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:18 AM

Thanks @Fairway. Though I did email them a week ago and they told me to post here!   :rolleyes:  

"Hi,

That's a strange thing. Can you please take this case to the forum? Unfortunately I can't add the Elo points to your account. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Stratego Support"

This is odd, I've sent them a picture of this scenario (as well as a video of being booted) and they replied and restored my 23 points withing 3 days. Not sure, try messaging them again, perhaps you will contact another representative that does in fact know how to restore one's points.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#6 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 674 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:49 PM

The Customer Care may not have time to look at evidence for this .

There was a problem this year with a player getting points from CC without evidence and reaching 950 ELO.

He was put back to his normal level of 650 but this could result in players being reset to 100.

Everyone unfortunately experiences lost points to these glitches but most people never get any points restored . It will never be possible to look at every case so , for the leaderboards to be credible , it is better that nobody gets points back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users