DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

Darth, what do you think about Sessions firing McCabe?

I'm encouraged.  That it was the culmination of an independent investigation suggests something egregious.  It seems obvious to any man on the street that shenanigans were going on.  I'd hoped it was something Sessions could get to the bottom of himself, but it may be best to appoint another IC.  We need to clean this mess up once and for all.  It will be good for the public and for McCabe when the report is released.  He's suggesting this is political payback.  Once the facts are out there he can defend himself, and if it looks like he's right Sessions and Trump will be on defense and worst case the next Dem president will reinstate him for a couple of days so he gets his pension.  If it's bad though I don't see any way we avoid another IC.  Everything needs to come out.  If this is as bad as it looks people need to be in jail.  Maybe people higher up than McCabe.  

Edited by DarthRemark, 17 March 2018 - 04:18 PM.

#762 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:25 PM

Hi all I have been gardening and living in a cone of silence. I don't care what happens unless the SS checks stop coming and Medicare goes BK. Isn't loyalty a two way street? Seems everyone can be fired. There will be no ramifications as his supporters deny it all as unwarranted prosecution and fake news. You all need to get WOKE. You are in the Twilight Zone.

Nothing will change until the Republicans get what they want out of him. Then they will finally stop biting their tongues and take action. The Democrats are a toothless dog. They can't pass anything. All they can do is what the Rs did when they we the minority "obstruct." It's all just a game if you haven't figured it out yet. 

• Don_Homer likes this

#763 rgillis783

rgillis783

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:39 PM

Glad to see ya posting again QB . Watch the back gardening it can be a pain/strain in my experience. I am also glad the cone of silence works after this long a time. The shoe phone battery was probably no good-shame. As to the post I agree" it's all just a game" I just hope that we the people can call the game a draw and start anew .

• queenbee1 and Fks like this

#764 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:07 AM

Great to see you back, QB!  Of course it's a game with the swamp.  That's why we support Trump. 

You are waiting for something to change.  Change is here.

• queenbee1 likes this

#765 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:54 PM

Hi all .[..] Seems everyone can be fired. 

Hi QB!  It sure seems so.

A summary and a prediction (I got from our best newspaper).

Fired (or quit) from the White House during Trumps reign:

- Antony Scaramucci, the banker. He lasted 10 days (probably a record).

- Hope Hicks, trusted person of Trump. Was essential in Russia investigation.

- Rob Porter, secretary. accused of assault of 2 woman.

- Steve Bannon, chief strategist and senior councelor. Criticised Trump badly.

- James Comey, FBI chairman.

- Gary Cohn, highest economic adviser of Trump (he quit)

-John McEntee, Trumps personal assistant got fired, reasons unknown?

- Rex Tillerson, minister of foreign afairs. I thought he was a good one, very pityfull. He is professionally fired by a Tweet

And some more: Josh Raffel, Omarosa Manigault, Tom Price, Reince Pribus (chief of Staff), Sean Spicer, Walter Shaub, Mike Dubke, John Thompson, Katie Walsh, Michael Flynn, Sally Yates, Angella Reid, Sebastian Gorka, Dina Powell, Rob Porter.

And Trump is suggesting that more will follow. Its rumoured that Jeff Sessions, attorney general, John Kelly, Jared Kushner and Herbert Mc Master are next. 

He sure is on fire! :)  <_<

Edited by Don_Homer, 21 March 2018 - 09:09 PM.

• queenbee1 likes this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#766 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,776 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:29 PM

Quited? Is that a word?  :D  :P

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series!  :D

#767 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• Other Tournaments Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:58 PM

Really cool to mock people who misspelled a word in their second language even though you understood exactly what they said.
  • texaspete09 and Unladen Swallow like this
You're mom likes my grammar.

#768 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,776 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:24 AM

Really cool to mock people who misspelled a word in their second language even though you understood exactly what they said.

I'm not mocking him at all, no maliciousness /insult was meant. And the Dutch paper wrote it, not him, right? If not, my sincere apologies. 

A summary and a prediction (I got from our best newspaper).

• DarthRemark likes this

#769 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:06 PM

Quited? Is that a word?  :D  :P

I'm not mocking him at all, no maliciousness /insult was meant. And the Dutch paper wrote it, not him, right? If not, my sincere apologies. 

Hi Fairway, I adjusted it to Quitted. Is that right? I thank you for correcting me. The smileys were not necessary though. The Dutch paper doesnt write in English so I translated/summarized it. So there might be more spelling errors. Also I got curious and looked up the entire list. They only reported half so I added the other 'leavers'. 

Any substantive reaction? What do you think of these tendencies in the white house?

• texaspete09 likes this

#770 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

Well, they are not the only ones. See what colonel just quitted Fox News: https://www.nytimes....lph-peters.html

Also https://www.thedaily...paganda-machine

Lo

#771 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,144 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:31 PM

Hi Fairway, I adjusted it to Quitted. Is that right? I thank you for correcting me. The smileys were not necessary though. The Dutch paper doesnt write in English so I translated/summarized it. So there might be more spelling errors. Also I got curious and looked up the entire list. They only reported half so I added the other 'leavers'. 

Any substantive reaction? What do you think of these tendencies in the white house?

Oh now you poked the Queenbee. As in poked the bear. @Don you do well with English. The correct word is just "quit"

Yes guys The Donald will drain the swamp, but who will he replace it with? He is no paragon of virtue. Do you really trust his judgement or is it just his rhetoric? He is demonstrating all the qualities of a CEO going down with the ship. His stock is nosediving and he has no friends left. None of this can be good for his businesses. I imagine Jerod is running around the globe reassuring everyone not to worry. Anyone associated with him and his properties are probably looking for cover. He is a PR nightmare. Good thing he is the CEO of another sinking ship the US Government.

The whole of DC cannot function. What we need is a benevolent dictator. China and Russia can get shit done. All while we whine about taxes and immigrants. The Olympics are going back to China because they are a player. They wag the dog here in the US and India is coming. That is of course if they don't destroy themselves and Pakistan in a nuclear war.

Syria is just another Iraq. We arm one side the Russians another. "Iz goot for bizness eh Boris?" The Syrian people pay the price every time we give someone a gun or drop a bomb. We are freeing no one. We aren't creating anything there. 

Trump's plan is more of the same and most Americans (IMO no stats to back it up) is we don't even know what going on there. Some of us think the only true source is Fox News. The Pentagon needs to justify its existence. They will wage eternal war on the planet. Syria is split 3 ways and we are on one side while the Russians arm another and the Sauds and Turks arm the other. Who loses? Does it matter? Just blow shit up in the name of God and Country.

Eventually it will no longer be oil wars, it will be water wars. That's right folks the wealthy are creating water rights. They will use it as a commodity and monetize it. Don't worry about the wealthy. They will be okay. The poor know how to survive without. It's the educated middle class that suffers the most. The Firemen, Police, Teachers who will see the end of the middle class as wealth is concentrated in the top 1% and Trump's tax plan will not change that. 

The opioid epidemic is a symptom of our sick society. Kids in old towns where the factories left a long time ago. Kids that see no future so they turn to mind numbness rather than be ordinary. Kids are abused by parents and by other kids. Kids are being shot in school and no one gives a damn. Fairway it could be you next. Why should I care? I am not a kid and I am happy. The second amendment assures everyone has a gun or access to one. Arming teachers only puts more guns near kids. Come on you all know that assault rifles are just cool. No need to shoot Bambi in the neck when you can shoot her and ten others at the same time. It happens every day and we are numb.

What matters to the religious right? Nothing seems to affect their unwavering support to The Donald. Are all the women lying? What happened to Family Values voters? I can tell you what, they sold out their values in hopes of The Donald draining the swamp and everything going back to 1950 when you lived in an Iowa town, everyone knew everyone, you grew corn and didn't hear from those uppity black people. They turned a blind eye to his dealing with Russia and still do. You gave him a pass on his taxes, bankruptcies, his sexual behavior or his behavior in general. It was all just a big middle finger to the Washington DC establishment that saw him coming and closed ranks. He is a carnival barker. "Step right up folks to The Greatest Show on Earth." He has no real power except to stir the pot.

Will the FBI throw him under the bus? Why do you think he has spent so much time discrediting one of the most prestigious law enforcement agencies in the world? Just because of an investigation that he did nothing wrong? WTF. Are you woke yet? Everyone knows he can't fire Mueller, but he might. Trump is all about Trump. Nothing more and nothing less. He doesn't care about you.

Like I said you guys keep paying taxes, cover my Medicare and try not to screw up my Social Security. It helps pay the bills.

• rgillis783 likes this

#772 rgillis783

rgillis783

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:57 PM

I will just add this, water wars are in our future. It is a true shame that we the human race continue to pollute,contaminate and needless waste a resource that we all need  to live.  :(

Edited by rgillis783, 03 April 2018 - 01:02 PM.

#773 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:18 PM

Oh now you poked the Queenbee. As in poked the bear. @Don you do well with English. The correct word is just "quit"

Thanks, Queenbear and FKS (he said the same to me). I adjusted the 'quits'.

I Like your post QB. Only the thing about Fairway I do not like. He cant be blamed for the gun control and I dont think it helps by saying those statements to get more gun control there. Its sad enough as it is with all those killings.

• rgillis783 likes this

#774 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,776 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:08 PM

Hello Don, I think it is most properly "quit", although unless I am mistaken I believe it can also be "quitted".

Again my apologies. I thought the Dutch paper wrote it. 

I don't know a whole lot about Trump's white house situation/cabinet but it seems he fired Tillerson because they didn't see eye to eye. And I don't mind that, because in order to get things done, he needs helpers that are very close to his political views.

• Don_Homer likes this

#775 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:17 PM

QB, I am too tired to respond to that screed.  But it is good to have you back.   ;) 

• Don_Homer likes this

#776 rgillis783

rgillis783

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:42 PM

While Darth I echo your thought - good to have QB back. I reached my quota for positive likes today it seems. I do need to add -maybe a word of the day thread/topic is needed/wanted. Screed interesting use,applicable I guess. Darth/ QB I have enjoyed your posts, you both seem very intelligent .  :)  

Edited by rgillis783, 22 March 2018 - 01:06 AM.

• Don_Homer likes this

#777 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,144 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:25 AM

Thanks, Queenbear and FKS (he said the same to me). I adjusted the 'quits'.

I Like your post QB. Only the thing about Fairway I do not like. He cant be blamed for the gun control and I dont think it helps by saying those statements to get more gun control there. Its sad enough as it is with all those killings.

I agree with Don and retract my statement without deleting it. I am just afraid for all the children. I made it too personal. Too close to home. The rest I stand by. Thanks for the support @rgillis783. I just let off a rant from time to time. I respect those who disagree with me or defer to the hope that The Donald can really fix DC. Maybe we just needed someone like him who isn't Trump. Someone who knows how to turn the ship. It doesn't help to go in with a scorched earth policy. I have never seen a man talk so much about himself as Trump does. His off script comments unbalance an already fragile world. If Russia and China were ever to turn on us our sanctions won't matter and Trump has made it clear the EU is on it's own. 

NATO isn't worth the paper it was printed on. We either learn to get along (because it's good for business) or we watch the world burn.

• Don_Homer likes this

#778 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:58 AM

it was White Trash this time...

(an invention of Roseanne Barr who found herself and her family White Trash in the great sitcom Roseanne, and who didn't vote for Hillary either by the way).

Roseanne.png

She's back, and she made the series great again :).

maxresdefault.jpg

Lo

#779 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 453 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:03 AM

Some thoughts on how much the Republican party has changed in a short period of time due to Trump.  Imagine taking a typical Republican voter from 5 years ago.  Tell them that our next president (without naming the party) would get along wonderfully with Russia, and move the US towards China and North Korea in favorable ways.  He would alienate our allies Canada, France, Great Britain and others, and potentially start a trade war with tariffs being placed on and by our allies.  He would balloon the deficit.  And he is terribly mistrustful of the FBI, considering them a corrupt organization.  That voter would be appalled, wondering how such a person managed to get into office (and certainly thinking that person couldn't be a Republican).  That's not even to mention the disrespect shown towards POW's and gold star families.

I've never seen anything as close to a mainstream cult as I'm seeing right now.  Trump was absolutely right, he could go out onto 5th Ave and shoot somebody, and his supporters would still have his back.  I'm convinced that Trump could propose some ideas that came right out of The Communist Manifesto, and 2/3 of his supporters would back him 100% because it came from him.

I have respect for the traditional Republican.  I agree with fiscal conservatism.  And while I am socially liberal, I can respect the opinion of the traditionalist.  That type of Republican is now an endangered species.  The party has now become a purely nationalistic party, with no interest in fiscal conservatism whatsoever.  I hope that after this administration good men can retake control of the party and return it to respectability. 

That ends my rant for the day.

• The Prof and astros like this

#780 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,001 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:17 AM

I've never seen anything as close to a mainstream cult as I'm seeing right now.  Trump was absolutely right, he could go out onto 5th Ave and shoot somebody, and his supporters would still have his back.  I'm convinced that Trump could propose some ideas that came right out of The Communist Manifesto, and 2/3 of his supporters would back him 100% because it came from him.

I have respect for the traditional Republican.  I agree with fiscal conservatism.  And while I am socially liberal, I can respect the opinion of the traditionalist.  That type of Republican is now an endangered species.  The party has now become a purely nationalistic party, with no interest in fiscal conservatism whatsoever.  I hope that after this administration good men can retake control of the party and return it to respectability. 

That ends my rant for the day.

https://www.youtube....h?v=IzC-l7tovFk

• Nortrom likes this

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users