Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:48 PM

I doubt the wars will be severe.  But bring them on.  "Free" trade is killing us.

As you know I do aspire to become POTUS.  When I do you can be sure I'll fix Stratego.com.  Remember: a vote for Darth is a vote to make Stratego great again! 

Well, it's intended to help in PA.  Don't be so cynical as to think it's a vote buy though.  You probably know by now that Trump enacted the tariffs a few hours ago, so you were wrong.  We never should have removed them in the first place. 

China already wages trade war.  We wouldn't need tariffs on Chinese steel if Chinese steel wasn't subsidized by the Chinese govt. 

Then why does China do things like subsidize their steel industry?  And why is the Chinese military growing in size and capability at such an alarming rate?

I just heard Europe and South Korea are already threathening (how do I spell this) with counter measures. Others will probably follow. A minister of The Netherlands said that we have to prevent a trade war at all costs though. But we are not a great power anymore, we have to see what Germany and France will do.

I agree with your statements about China. Also your stratego mission as POTUS is tempting. I might vote for you to become a POTUS if you are willing to tax the rich some more :) We have to mee halfway here ;).  

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#742 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

we are not a great power anymore, we have to see what Germany and France will do. 

You're wrong. We're huge: https://www.governme...ecurity-council

Sigrid%20Kaag.jpg?itok=ASUjqhI8

Lo

#743 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:20 PM

You're wrong. We're huge: https://www.governme...ecurity-council

The only one who is factual wrong is you! Check your above post again. Im done with this topic.
  • Lonello likes this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#744 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:26 PM

I just heard Europe and South Korea are already threathening (how do I spell this) with counter measures. Others will probably follow. A minister of The Netherlands said that we have to prevent a trade war at all costs though.

I doubt a full blown trade war will erupt.  But if it does I'm ok with that too.  The US is a massive economy all by itself so we've got weight to throw around and can manage somewhat even if the cost of some things rises.  The status quo has devastated our industry and is killing our country.  It's insane to do nothing.

I might vote for you to become a POTUS if you are willing to tax the rich some more :) We have to mee halfway here ;)

My taxation plan is called Darth's Fair Tax. DFT for short.  It is simple.  All citizens will pay a fix percentage of their income.  I will start with 10% to see how it goes but may adjust.  There are no deductions so everyone has the same amount of skin in the game.   Now I fully recognize that certain citizens like Don and Lo believe the govt should have much more...up to and including everything.  So my tax plan also has a donation box where these can contribute any additional amount they desire.  And to be perfectly clear, these funds will be used only for the children.  

#745 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,002 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:23 PM

Taxing rates are simple and easy.  It's the "what to tax" part that's complex.  A whole industry has evolved around that, not to mention an IRS code book that is as thick as an unabridged dictionary.

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#746 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:42 PM

Taxing rates are simple and easy.  It's the "what to tax" part that's complex.  A whole industry has evolved around that, not to mention an IRS code book that is as thick as an unabridged dictionary.

Indeed.  That's why the DFT taxes all increase at the same rate.  Salary, capital gain, pirate chest found on your property, it doesn't matter.  If you have an increase the DFT takes 10%.  Simple and elegant.

Thanks for the comment, Gary!  You just helped me decide on the next quote of the day.  :)

#747 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,002 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:21 AM

Salary, capital gain, pirate chest found on your property, it doesn't matter.  If you have an increase the DFT takes 10%.  Simple and elegant.

[In my best gangster voice]

"Wha-a-t increase? Jimmy picked up a few bucks from our receivables. Dere's a cost to sendin' some'un around ter rattle some heads. We makes some dough, yeah, soitantly, but we don't have none of dis here 'increase yer talkin' about. So doncha come around here lookin' fer no extry 10%. I gots lots of lead fer all you Revenuers!"
  • DarthRemark likes this

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#748 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,776 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:20 AM

[In my best gangster voice]

"Wha-a-t increase? Jimmy picked up a few bucks from our receivables. Dere's a cost to sendin' some'un around ter rattle some heads. We makes some dough, yeah, soitantly, but we don't have none of dis here 'increase yer talkin' about. So doncha come around here lookin' fer no extry 10%. I gots lots of lead fer all you Revenuers!"

No. Just no. Stop it. Get some help. lol

• DarthRemark likes this

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series!  :D

#749 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:48 AM

Last night's rally got the election's spark back with me, LOL. Trump was talking 2020 constantly as the next Presidential race was just 2 years away... went on for hours or so, he barely even mentioned his man Saccone... and when he introduced him so he could say 2 words, he complimented him only for "he will vote with us all the time, that is what he will do for us"... almost sounded threatening ;). No other credentials than that.

Then I found this post as to know what this special election is about: https://www.politico...election-445221. So it should be a landslide win for Trump's man by 20% or so... you have to give Trump kudo's for sticking his head on the block yesterday... if Saccone still looses now, it reflects bad on him.

Lo

#750 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:15 PM

I missed the rally.  He's in his element with those though so I'm sure it was fun.  From what I understand the GOP candidate is very bad and the Dem is running as a not-Dem..lol.  It will be a blow if he loses since Trump went there to fight for him though. 

• Lonello likes this

#751 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:00 PM

I just heard Europe and South Korea are already threathening (how do I spell this) with counter measures. Others will probably follow. 

China already has an average tariff over twice that of the USA.  And S. Korea's is nearly 5 times as great.  I guess it's only war when my country does it...

• Don_Homer likes this

#752 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:58 AM

the Dem is running as a not-Dem..lol.  It will be a blow if he loses since Trump went there to fight for him though.

Yes that seems the plan... it's a Republican county so he disguises himself as one.

What helps is the current Republican infighting ofcourse as now the Republican establishment fights the tariff wars. Free trade is what Reagan introduced they say, and Trump needs to stay out of it. It'll be interesting to see who wins this battle. But in the end Trump can dictate this all, so maybe we do get to see this. And then he starts his campaign to run for 2020 ;).

Lo

#753 rgillis783

rgillis783

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:06 PM

Politics not a subject I am well versed in I must admit. I have enjoyed the Trump analysis. In the news as of late has been the announcement that Trump will meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. I for one welcome this, it shows that  we (America) is open to talks. I understand others dislike this because it shows a reward for bad behavior. I myself think it is a small reward for a bigger prize which is peace on the Korean peninsula/denuclearize of N Korea/ possible reunification of Korea. If Trump pulls off any this he would have done quite a job as President of United States.  

• Don_Homer and DarthRemark like this

#754 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:43 PM

Yes this sounded very well. Trump seems unleashed from the 'Republican establishment'. This plan to visit Kim, earlier the tariffs when his economic (Reaganesk) team disagreed and left the WH, and now also the firing of Tillerson.

trump-ontslaat-minister-van-buitenlandse

• DarthRemark likes this
Lo

#755 rgillis783

rgillis783

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:03 PM

Tillerson is an ex-oil and gas man. I am not sure if his departure is a good thing or not.I do understand that many here and abroad view this revolving door of personal at the White House as poor management. This is in fact a more common occurrence in public service than most would want to admit. Trump is all business and so is his back ground. I would hope that a suitable candidate is in the wings waiting since Tillersons departure has been foreshadowed for quite some time.   

• DarthRemark likes this

#756 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:33 AM

And then he starts his campaign to run for 2020 ;).

Trump already announced his 2020 campaign slogan:  Keep America Great! 

I love it!

• Lonello and Fairway like this

#757 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:40 AM

If Trump pulls off any this he would have done quite a job as President of United States.  

Welcome to the thread!  It seems to have quieted down since QB left.  :)  We need more participation. 

I agree this is a huge opportunity for Trump and the world.  If we'd continued the failed policies that got us here Kim would still be shooting his missiles and we'd be being told right now why millions/billions of our tax dollars must be offered in tribute to calm him down.  Trump's brought him to the table.  We'll see where it goes.  It can't hurt and real good might come. 

On the light side, here's a funny clip from last week's Greg Gutfeld show:  https://www.youtube....h?v=TXJwovlMA24

Tillerson leaving doesn't bother me too much.  It was pretty clear they didn't see eye to eye.  As long as they could still work together, fine.  It's good to have advisors that challenge you.  But you also need a guy who's rowing with you and it sounds like Rex wasn't.

• rgillis783 likes this

#758 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:41 AM

Last night this TV interview of 20 minutes was broadcasted in my country https://www.youtube....h?v=XpTk4MUmY8Q and it's about last elections ofcourse. Not much news, but then Hillary starts mentioning the danger of Trump over the nuclear buttons... and that she is glad there are at least a couple of people restraining Trump there (meaning no doubt Tillerson) so I guess this interview had to be held a day later for that Rex bomb to drop :huh: :blink:. It's in English from a tv-host who lived in the US for a long time so it's a good watch for non-natives.

Lo

#759 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,776 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:00 PM

Darth, what do you think about Sessions firing McCabe?

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series!  :D

#760 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:56 PM

Last night this TV interview of 20 minutes was broadcasted in my country https://www.youtube....h?v=XpTk4MUmY8Q and it's about last elections ofcourse. Not much news, but then Hillary starts mentioning the danger of Trump over the nuclear buttons... and that she is glad there are at least a couple of people restraining Trump there (meaning no doubt Tillerson) so I guess this interview had to be held a day later for that Rex bomb to drop :huh: :blink:. It's in English from a tv-host who lived in the US for a long time so it's a good watch for non-natives.

More sour grapes from Hillary this week.  While in India she blamed her loss on wives of Republican men who just voted the way their husbands told them too!  LOL.  My wife almost spit out her food when she heard it.  ;) 

• Fks likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users