DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:35 AM

Sure I can.  This Russia investigation has been a huge distraction.  I'm sure the Miami FBI office has more work than they can do and has to make judgment calls all the time.  They missed this one and whoever made that decision will have to live with it.  I don't envy them or blame them.  But it's patently clear that the FBI has been distracted by Russiagate, at least at the highest levels, and that distraction has a ripple effect.  Maybe a slightly better focus from DC would have a resulted in directions that did stop this guy.  Maybe not.  But you know when the news first broke that they were told and didn't dive deeper the first thing I thought was that if I had called and told them I worked for the Trump campaign and had evidence of cooperation with Russian agents that they would have been at my house in no time.  This whole thing is a ridiculous distraction.  But you are right about the DNC corruption.  Most blame this mess on an attempt to malign Trump and explain Hillary's loss, but it also served as great cover for the DNC.  Can you imagine if the RNC had a rigged the primary to ensure a Jeb Bush victory?  The MSM would still be running prime-time specials about the end of democracy and the corruption of the conservative movement.  But you almost never hear about the DNC.  They sweep it right under the rug.  You claim no media bias.  How do you explain this?  

#722 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:26 AM

I just realise Darth agrees with my statement about Trump and Putin. :). What are we discussing again? I dont see the forrest through the trees anymore :D
  • Lonello likes this

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#723 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:47 AM

I just realise Darth agrees with my statement about Trump and Putin. :). What are we discussing again? I dont see the forrest through the trees anymore :D

I'm not sure which statement you refer to.  But I agree I think you missed something a while back.   :) 

• Lonello likes this

#724 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:34 PM

Yes, and Im not the only one to blame ;). That link you posted with Rush L. distracted me :D. But Im glad youre not totally in agreement with him.

Trump got a compliment from our Dutch media about his performance after the gun violence. Its a tough time for him. I hope he will implement strong new methods to prevent these horrors.

#725 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,931 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

Yes, and Im not the only one to blame ;). That link you posted with Rush L. distracted me :D. But Im glad youre not totally in agreement with him.

Trump got a compliment from our Dutch media about his performance after the gun violence. Its a tough time for him. I hope he will implement strong new methods to prevent these horrors.

You didn't hear his genius suggestion? Arming teachers...

#726 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:20 PM

Yes, forgot about that one. But I think that was one of his first (impulsive) reactions, right? In the meeting with family of victims he was more nuanced.

#727 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:13 PM

Trump is infiltrated with the NRA, Don.

Where I do actually get that London policemen are going to get armed (they just had a weaponstick...) I do not think this is such a good idea as we can already see the casualties by accident.

As for our great Dutch media, https://www.nu.nl/me...llege-tour.html

Wolff is very mad... he got questioned hard for College Tour and left the country angry without answering any reporters, LOL.

We must be great Trumpeteers over here. Just an oldie then for old times sake (I love this Dutch actress doing Melania over Michelle): https://www.youtube....h?v=L5cIRvny3zc

Lo

#728 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:21 PM

I agree Lo (except for nu, we have some better papers.) But my likes reached the quota. I blame MT for this and hereby I expect a priority case will be opened and all presidents should vote to give me more likes, obviously because I am a very important Don (VID)! I rest my case.

Edited by Don_Homer, 23 February 2018 - 06:22 PM.

• DarthRemark likes this

#729 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:35 AM

I didn't realize Rush Limbaugh was known in Europe.  Do you get him over there or are you just responding to his reputation?  I ask because I find most who speak poorly of him have never even listened to him.  They just parrot what they've been told.  I don't agree with anyone all the time, but I like Rush because he's often got keen analysis that you just don't find anywhere else.  He also has a great sense of humor.  I often listen to him during my lunch break.  But Rush was only part of that article.  Hopefully you read the whole thing. 

I've been impressed by Trump's approach to this issue. He's taking it head on.  But he's also unflinchingly pro-2nd Amendment.  It's not the typical focus-tested game we'd see from a normal politician.  Something will happen. 

It's genius, but he can't take the credit.  He co-opted this demonstrably successful idea from the Israelis. 

Yes, forgot about that one. But I think that was one of his first (impulsive) reactions, right? In the meeting with family of victims he was more nuanced.

No, see above.  It's a real concept that works.  All teachers aren't armed.  The idea is that some (maybe only 2-3) of the teachers and staff who have the training and aptitude will conceal carry so you're never sure who might shoot back.

Horrible news yesterday though.  It turns out this school did have an armed police officer on duty at the time of the shooting, but apparently he hid while the kids got shot. So it seems we were doing something already.  The anti-gun crowd is pounding their gong but this was a process failure on multiple levels.  Police called to shooters house nearly 40 times.  Check.  Shooter under psychiatric care.  Check.  FBI tipped off about the plan.  Check.  Armed guard at the school.  Check.  Somehow through all of this 17 people were still killed.  But the blame goes to an inanimate object and 2nd Amendment supporters....  Here's your sign.

Edited by DarthRemark, 24 February 2018 - 07:38 AM.

#730 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:37 AM

I agree Lo (except for nu, we have some better papers.) But my likes reached the quota. I blame MT for this and hereby I expect a priority case will be opened and all presidents should vote to give me more likes, obviously because I am a very important Don (VID)! I rest my case.

And no matter how they rule I will file a counter case!  There's no good reason to have so few likes, so if they deny your request it's because they're drunk on their own power.  If they give more likes just to you it's favoritism.  And if they give more likes to everyone it's just appeasement to hide that they've been aloof and unresponsive to community concerns.  All of these can be argued successfully so the MT must resign right now!  Mark my words, Don Homer, I will settle for nothing less!!

Edited by DarthRemark, 24 February 2018 - 07:38 AM.

• Don_Homer and Lonello like this

#731 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

Lol my likes are still out of quota :). I read Rush piece, Darth and I disagreed or did not believe much of it. I know him from family guy to be honest. But in my defence they are pretty sharp in observations! Simpsons are even better though cause they are more subtle.

#732 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

I know him from family guy to be honest. But in my defence they are pretty sharp in observations! 

Good grief, Don. I completely understand now.  :) 

and I disagreed or did not believe much of it. 

Seriously?  That article was amazing because it was almost exactly what Rod Rosenstein said when he announced the indictments last week...and it was written last November!  It had some speculation about the motives of Twitter/Facebook/MSM/Dems, which I tend to agree with, but the lions share of the article are facts not in dispute.  On what basis do you deny them?

#733 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:46 PM

Good grief, Don. I completely understand now.  :) 

Seriously?  That article was amazing because it was almost exactly what Rod Rosenstein said when he announced the indictments last week...and it was written last November!  It had some speculation about the motives of Twitter/Facebook/MSM/Dems, which I tend to agree with, but the lions share of the article are facts not in dispute.  On what basis do you deny them?

So you saw the episode of fg? :) What did you think of it?

I will look at the article again. I read Rushs part and it looked very like a commercial article, subjective. I will try to answer your question later.

#734 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:00 PM

I'm not a big FG fan, but I've seen maybe 40 episodes over the years.  I did see the Rush episode several years ago.  I didn't know Rush would be featured, it just happened to be one of the ones I watched.  It was great!  I remember it was a riff on "And then there were none", a story I've always loved.  I understand Seth MacFarlane has some type of friendly relationship with Rush which is why he was able to get him to do the show.

#735 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:18 PM

Ok the article Darth is published on WND. I dont know what to think about the website. How reliable is it? And even if it is true, its not even saying much. We dont know why those ads were too late. Maybe they were just stupid and made a mistake. I dont believe there were more ads hurting Trump than hurting Clinton.

Edited by Don_Homer, 24 February 2018 - 04:22 PM.

#736 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:21 PM

I'm not a big FG fan, but I've seen maybe 40 episodes over the years.  I did see the Rush episode several years ago.  I didn't know Rush would be featured, it just happened to be one of the ones I watched.  It was great!  I remember it was a riff on "And then there were none", a story I've always loved.  I understand Seth MacFarlane has some type of friendly relationship with Rush which is why he was able to get him to do the show.

I saw the episodes were Brian and Rush become friends. Did he do his own voice? :)

#737 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

I'm not too familiar with WND.  I think they tend to lean right though.  Drudgereport.com links to them regularly which is when I read their articles.  I've heard this information elsewhere though and Rod Rosenstein said as much when he announced the indictments.  Watch it here:  https://www.youtube....h?v=hlGm5tse8ek

There weren't more ads agaist Hillary.  That's not the point.  Chaos was the goal.

I saw the episodes were Brian and Rush become friends. Did he do his own voice? :)

Yes, Rush did his own voice for the show. So you have heard him!  :)  https://en.wikipedia...in_Broadcasting

• Don_Homer likes this

#738 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:31 PM

Despite the riots on this forum we shouldnt forget about Trump! Our most famous Dutch economist just said he is shooting his own foot (and in many other foots) with his threaths to implement high import taxes. If he does it he opens the door for trade wars!

One of our journalist exposing Russia hacked white house, democratic party etc. added that the White house is short of people. More well fuctionating people are resigning the job.

Darth, maybe you can apply for a nice job there, work yourself to the top and eventually achieve your goal: to become the new president :)

#739 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:11 AM

They say it is a means to get a better deal and Trump has no intention to really do it. The Chinese this morning reacted very clamly to it too and seem open for negotiations. It's timed perfectly for the Pennsylvanian election. My bet is the Democrats win it anyway so Trump will have no appetite to give the State of Steel such a nice gift anymore anyhow.

Haidi Lun 伦海迪

@HaidiLun
 7 u7 uur geleden
Meer
China finally responding to Trump tariffs, Foreign Minister Wang Yi speaking in Beijing:
*TRADE WARS ARE NEVER THE RIGHT SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS: WANG
*CHINA HAS NO NEED OR INTENTION TO REPLACE AMERICA: WANG
*CHINA, U.S. DON'T HAVE TO BE RIVALS: FOREIGN MINISTER

• Don_Homer likes this
Lo

#740 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:08 AM

Despite the riots on this forum we shouldnt forget about Trump! Our most famous Dutch economist just said he is shooting his own foot (and in many other foots) with his threaths to implement high import taxes. If he does it he opens the door for trade wars!

I doubt the wars will be severe.  But bring them on.  "Free" trade is killing us.

and eventually achieve your goal: to become the new president :)

As you know I do aspire to become POTUS.  When I do you can be sure I'll fix Stratego.com.  Remember: a vote for Darth is a vote to make Stratego great again! 

They say it is a means to get a better deal and Trump has no intention to really do it. The Chinese this morning reacted very clamly to it too and seem open for negotiations. It's timed perfectly for the Pennsylvanian election. My bet is the Democrats win it anyway so Trump will have no appetite to give the State of Steel such a nice gift anymore anyhow.

Well, it's intended to help in PA.  Don't be so cynical as to think it's a vote buy though.  You probably know by now that Trump enacted the tariffs a few hours ago, so you were wrong.  We never should have removed them in the first place. 

*TRADE WARS ARE NEVER THE RIGHT SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS: WANG

China already wages trade war.  We wouldn't need tariffs on Chinese steel if Chinese steel wasn't subsidized by the Chinese govt. 

*CHINA HAS NO NEED OR INTENTION TO REPLACE AMERICA: WANG
*CHINA, U.S. DON'T HAVE TO BE RIVALS: FOREIGN MINISTER

Then why does China do things like subsidize their steel industry?  And why is the Chinese military growing in size and capability at such an alarming rate?

Edited by DarthRemark, 09 March 2018 - 03:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users