Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:20 AM

Im curious about your book about MSM, FKS. I dont even know about that channel. I was talking in general about the media. Left wing and right wing. Also Trump and the media are dividing the country both.

MSM is short for Main stream media. Which includes CNN MSNBC FOX NEWS NY TIMES LA TIMES WASHITON POST. Type stuff And trump has spoken about unifying from day one it's the liberals who are deviding. Simple as that.
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#682 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:32 AM

You are right this stops being fun if people are bullied away. There can be no personal attacks or cornering people. Yesterday Queenbee emailed me she had enough of the personal attacks and leaves for good. I had already warned Fairway about this (comments like someone needs to be on another planet do not air well) but his other posts then were respectful. Fks is much worse and needs to stop the bullying.

Darth, I love you, you know that, but if I find you disgusting with drinking your tea it is one thing, if I hate you for it, it is another. To me hate belongs to the devil and is an outer limit. You bring your posts nicely though, and you add a couple of emoticons to the story, so there's no problem there. I think this is something the kids here, as you call them, need to learn still.

It was never my intent to chase anyone away.  Truthfully, I thought we had a good enough relationship that I could say something like that without it being interpreted as bullying.  I really do like QB and regard her as a friend.  I hope she feels the same way.

And you are right, these words can be used with different strengths.  Your analogy illustrates my point.  If I disgust you with my tea drinking I expect you to say "Darth, have some respect man!  Drink your tea properly!".  :)  That's disgust with love.  QB however hates how Trump drinks his tea and wants him gone.  Maligns him and says he'd do worse things if he could.  Hopes others attack him.  Suggests those who don't feel her way lack integrity.  That's a little bit different than disgust of the type you suggest.  So I was half joking and half serious.  I don't think for a minute that QB is a bad person or wants to harbor devil-type hate, but she's clearly angry and it is hindering her ability to see some things.  I'm not sure how to say that nicer but I do mean it in love.  Maybe I should have thrown a smiley face at the end of that line.  Sometimes I feel like I'm using those too much though.  :)  :)

QB, I really hope you forgive me and come back. 

• Lonello and Fairway like this

#683 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:44 AM

I hear a lot of complaints about the media from Darth and Trump himself. They (might) suggest the media is giving Trump a bad image. I think the causal relation is reversed. Yes, the media is getting more crazy in US. I believe Trumps behaviour plays a big part in the cause of this.

The term "mainstream media" was coined to refer to the major news outlets which all historically leaned left.  I wouldn't count Fox as mainstream like Fks says though.  They're very successful and have become a major outlet but were created specifically to counter the biases of the MSM. 

Trump gives them fodder and has fun antagonizing them, but thier reaction only exposes their biases further.  You probably can't see our whole domestic picture from Europe, but many convervatives here refer to the MSM as the "liberal media", or more humorously as the "propaganda wing of the Democratic Party"...lol.  It's really that bad.  Take Trump's recent doctor exam and contrast it with the coverage Hillary got.  She displayed troubling medical symptoms last Fall and the MSM excused and marginalized them.  However, Trump just got a glowing bill of health from a respected doctor and they simply refused to accept it.  CNN even responded with their own doctor who reported it's a lie and Trump has heart disease!  This is what our news has devolved to.  Responsible journalism is gone.  The MSM has always tilted to the left but they've gone right off the reservation since the election.  It's funny and troubling at the same time.  The free press is supposed to be a beacon of light.  Our press today is more concerned with advancing a political narrative than reporting objective truth. 

#684 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:56 AM

He's the worst POTUS ever but he sure is the greatest clown.

Lo, you're so busy making fun of him that you're totally missing what he does.  He's got the Dems and the MSM so discombobulated right now that they can't see straight.  Today he announces a plan to legalize 1.8M illegals AND build the wall.  There's no way the Dreamers are getting deported.  Most American's don't want that and Trump doesn't either.  But the Dems try to own the issue.  So he goes and makes a fool of Schumer.  They're standing outside of his house chanting for his head right now.  And Trump swoops in and says he'll make them citizens!  He's upsetting strong elements of both parties but enough from both are going to go along.  Trump will get everything he wants: the wall, immigration law changes, no general amnesty, and he's going to get credit for legalizing the Dreamers when the Dems abandoned them.  These are not the moves of a clown.

#685 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

it's the liberals who are deviding. Simple as that.

You keep mentioning these people in every post as your worst problem so they sound really terrible and I am very glad we over here have no liberals. So if you want a quick fix, as deportating 60 million to Canada will take some time I guess, I suggest you just come over here! Zero of these horrible liberals, so all your problems will be solved. But this is the Trump topic so let's analyze him here.

Maybe I should have thrown a smiley face at the end of that line.  Sometimes I feel like I'm using those too much though.  :)  :)

You can never have too many smilies in a post, Darth.......... only when Fairway wants to quote my entire text and add one as over 10 are not allowed :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :D :lol: :P

But have you checked all these thousands quotes then, Darth? This truly shows him being a total clown. He's lying the whole day long or is not making any sense at all. That last one probably is being smart, as to tease, but the flat out ego-tripping is purely clownesk :blush:

You mentioned the MSM and I too do not think they cover everything important. Like the unsustainable financial situation and the deep state thereof. But Fake News truly comes from Trump himself and not the Media. They will cover 90% of the time... so opiniate a bit too for that remaning 10%, so that part I agree with you should be less. But what they will always do is consult both sides or have both sides in panels. And sure they are critical on the POTUS... but whatever color he is.

Obama had it hard too and lost a huge amount of support from the American people when he was truly in power. Only at the end of his term when he was a lame duck because the Reps had won all the bodies by then he got popular again since he was not the power to be anymore so got less heat from the MSM. Now it is Trump with omni-power, so he is the one to show results, yet he comes with nothing. And the choices he does make are very bad on the long run (but that's no longer about the MSM lol).

Clinton was highlighted for her seizures and her break down during the memorial so I think coverage was fine where the health of both candidates is concerned. Most coverage has been fair, also from CNN which for instance just had a coverage of only Trump-supporters in Ohio, who articulated why they still supported him to this day. But you're right, there are some anchors that clearly would have liked Clinton to win which you could see at Election-night. They were not only stunned, as everybody including Trump himself was, but they were also disappointed, so there is always one part of the media leaning the one way and the other the other way which in my country is the same story with Telegraaf and AD on the one side and Volkskrant and NRC/Parool on the other (just to put something in for Don :rolleyes:).

• Don_Homer likes this
Lo

#686 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

Ok FKS, I didnt know MSM was an abbreviation. I Think Darth is right about Fox though. Also I do doubt if the papers you mention are very biased. But I cant judge this.

Darth, maybe we miss some things from Europe. However we also see the US situation with another glasses. Maybe less biased because we are not involved that much and not really support a political party there.

And then the big news: Our country hacked and discovered the Rusian Government was involved in influencing your elections. They hacked Democratic party and even the White house and the Dutch saw it all and informed the FBI! Not good for Trump because he always denied the Russian hacks!

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#687 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:53 AM

Yes we hacked the hacker. Trust me. We did. It's a true story: https://www.volkskra...tions~a4561913/

It is all over the news now. Huge. That while Trump is in Europe too, in Switzerland. It's interesting what he'll want with WEF. The other day I was calculating the Euro/dollar at 1,22 but it has even reached the 1,25 now as Mnuchin thrashed the dollar.

DUW1MmLX0AAEH_U.jpg

Lo

#688 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

I wonder if Darth will still think nothing happened. Maybe he will wait for the great leaders reaction first :-).

And Lo I think AD and Telegraaf are significant different. AD is far more objective (not so right, not so left).

#689 MTinsley

MTinsley

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:48 PM

Politically I am left of center.

Despite personal opinions against our president, there is still exists a lynch mob mentality. Some people are so eager that they attack nearly anything Trump says, without looking at the situation objectively.
  • Don_Homer, DarthRemark and Fks like this

#690 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:56 AM

You're right about that:

I wonder if Darth will still think nothing happened. Maybe he will wait for the great leaders reaction first :-).

Trump here doesn't look particular extra bad... it was a great thing the Dutch found and they helped the US big time with it. But there are lots of comments Trump saying the Russians hacked and mingled into the elections. So he never excluded that, and with these Dutch finds it's not like he is going to be impeached or anything for it. It's not good or bad for Trump.

Maybe Moeller can work with the data ofcourse, to establish if there was the collusion Trump always denies there was, we'll have to wait for the testimony of Trump himself I guess.

Lo

#691 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:23 PM

It's not good or bad for Trump

Are you kidding me??? Its bad for Trump for sure. Trump is not happy with these findings. Hes probably involved in Russian hacks. The research comission in US is not looking for bananas!

#692 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

Don, Trump said I think a year ago already that the Russians 'probably' hacked... as to counter the accusation that he was blasting off his own intelligence agencies. Sure he still commented that it could also have been some fat teenager laying in bed, hacking while eating crisps... but he also reacted to common logic that it OFCOURSE were the Russians.

What's at stake here is Don, Don. Don Trump I mean... he's the son eagerly willing to take Russian dirt... that's the collusion Moeller is after I think.

So it's not so much what we found for the US as I take it that was something the POTUS already has for intel since 2014 going on until the elections, and ofcourse Moeller too. That the Russians hacked is a given. I'm not sure how big the collusion was though, with all these players giving testimonies... Papadopoulos, Flynn, Manafort, they're circling towards Don I think, but we must first await Don Sr. as he wil be testifying under oath soon, was the last I heared.

And......... we paid a price for helping the Americans yesterday, didn't we, Don? The Russians hacked the whole banking system over here... nobody could pay. Best to hold some cash still... but nobody seems to have it anymore. The latest shop that was opened over here seems silly... it's a supermarket where you walk in and out without any cassieres or personnel and without you scanning anything yourself... the portal you go through will quickscan every item while you walk through, and debet your account... well... seems the future... but not with all these hacks -_- <_< :unsure: :wacko: :blink:

Anyway, the Dutch were not amused apparantly the WH leaked that the intel came from our AIVD. We took the hit yesterday as a Russian reprimande. We would have liked to keep it a secret (so we could hack further I guess too). Now, it seems none of the intelligence agencies in the world want to share with the US anymore... by the end of last year that was said from the UK too, and it's now coming from many countries... they just do not trust the Americans to handle the intel well.

Lo

#693 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:49 PM

So now you agree with the me! The Dons have strong persuasive power :).

#694 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:27 PM

Hmm... well not quite since the Dutch hacks didn't matter... it's a neutral effect to Trump.

Anyway along the State of the Union, from Washington DC establishment there are these 2 obvious tweets:

McCabe forced to resign
CEO of the DNC is stepping down
House Intel voted to release the memo
Adam Schiff almost cried on TV
Democrats are crapping their pants

We are extremely close to a bona fide constitutional crisis. The White House & it's cronies in Congress (*cough* @DevinNunes *cough*) are doing everything they can to twist the narrative.
Their latest attempt? The #NunesMemo.
Simple solution. They must also #ReleaseTheDemMemo.

So these ugly liberals are dead cold in the water.... and the WH is at its tricks again to create fake news for the incrowd.... great... meanwhile... in IMPORTANT land:

The new Cold War, as set by the WH: China. But ‘enemy’ China owns over $1000 billion treasuries (bonds), so has huge leverage over US. (Geopolitics 101: Never lend money from your enemies) :rolleyes: :unsure:... is Trump going to overcome the bickering now or are we heading for a new government shutdown :o?

Lo

#695 Nortrom

Nortrom

General

• Moderators
  • 2,482 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 31 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

For those unfortunate enough to not have seen the wonderful 'State of the Union' speech: https://www.youtube....GEwqCg&t=128m0s enjoy!  :)

• DarthRemark, Fairway and Fks like this

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

See this thread for live gaming updates

#696 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:44 PM

But have you checked all these thousands quotes then, Darth? This truly shows him being a total clown. He's lying the whole day long or is not making any sense at all. That last one probably is being smart, as to tease, but the flat out ego-tripping is purely clownesk :blush:

Of course Trump talks off of his head.  :)   This is not news.  He likes to inflate himself and comment on things he doesn’t fully understand.  He’s still “directionally correct” about some major problems we face.  He has lieutenants to keep him from really going off the rails.  And importantly he has the charisma and fortitude to win the WH and get things done.  That’s why we voted for him despite the flaws.  Of course we would prefer a more tempered statesman, but I for one didn’t have the confidence that any of the others had that total package.  I think people like me are pretty common among Trump’s base. 

So did you watch the SOTU speech?  It could have been better, but was fairly good as they go.  The Dems were despicable with their scowls, boos and walkouts.  Trump touts the lowest black unemployment since we’ve been keeping records and the camera pans to the black caucus and they just sit there and frown like he killed their dog.  I’ll tell you if I were a black man I would begin asking myself some things.  It was one of the highest rated SOTU’s in history.  Interesting polls I saw say fully 75% of viewers rated it positively, including like 43% of Dems!  The Dem leadership better wake up and start working on our problems.  This orange haired buffoon has boxed them into a corner.  He’ going to get what he wants.  They can’t stop it without committing ballot box suicide. 

The only major disappointment was the $1.5T infrastructure spending plug.  I guess that’s up from $1T now.  I thought, hell, why not make it 2T… or 5T?  No details on where it comes from?  Oh, that’s right, we’ll just run the presses a little longer.  I’m not sure where Trump is going here.  Does he truly believe the stimulus gained from these efforts will outweigh the printing?  Is it just a maneuver to manipulate opponents in Congress?  I don’t know.  I do know he’s a businessman so appreciates the dire finances, so I’ll hope for the best. 

And sure they are critical on the POTUS... but whatever color he is.

Obama had it hard too

Lo, you are completely out of your mind if you think the MSM was hard on Obama.  In 8 years I can’t remember him taking as much heat as Trump’s taken in any given week. 

The MSM is not fair at all.  And I agree, they don't even cover everything that's important. 

apparantly the WH leaked that the intel came from our AIVD. 

This really troubles me.  Leaking like this needs to be stopped and dealt with in the harshest way.

Looks like "The Memo" will hit tomorrow so should make for some excitement. 

Edited by DarthRemark, 01 February 2018 - 10:46 PM.

• Don_Homer, Fairway and Fks like this

#697 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:06 AM

This is a nice post, Darth. I even agree with most of it. MSM was probably kind about Obama. Not to Trump but Im convinced he is the main reason for this himself (his union speech was not bad though).

However Im still curious what you think about the AIVD/FBI/Poetin/Trump case!?

#698 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:49 PM

MSM was probably kind about Obama. Not to Trump

Why would you say that, Don? Just check the above graph... Obama was attacked (as it is supposed to be, MSM critical on the powers that be) and lost a lot of popularity too... just remember the photo's when he entered the WH and was on top of his popularity, then after his terms the photo's he looked a very old grey man who had aged many decades.

So did you watch the SOTU speech?  It could have been better, but was fairly good as they go.  The Dems were despicable with their scowls

I agree it was fairly good and was credited well by the people. And in fact, I thought the booing was fairly modest too... in that I expected a lot more! Just remember Obama faced this too so this was something starting in his term. I think before, there was always a lot more respect for the POTUS-es.

A funny thing is this OTHER orange head turns up to be the New Kid On The Block (never heard of him before):

https://www.google.n...chrome&ie=UTF-8

Being very critical, and voicing disconcern. If we're getting the bets up, I'm now thinking he'll be running and not those old blokes The Prof and Queenbee predicted, nor Tulsi after what happened with the fake nuke attack. He's got the royal name and you Americans always love the Kings and Queens we and the UK have ;).

You're right Trump can never pay for any of his promises... he'll be at 30 trillion soon :). But no worries, the Chinese will simply pay for it. So there's no problem there :rolleyes: :blink:.

Yes The Memo is giving heat, but as I said last week too, it's a biased memo coming from just Trumpeteers. There's going to be a full out war about that, just check:

Ron WydenGeverifieerd account @RonWyden
If this memo comes out, I have a long list of less sensitive, but still classified, information that the American people deserve to see. #secretlaw

Beantwoorden

Retweeten

Privébericht

The MSM is going to have great fun with all of this, and about the almost-divorce with Melania.... indeed like you said forgetting to mention the real important things, like CHINA :ph34r: :ph34r: :o

Lo

#699 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 823 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:19 PM

I disagree with you Lonello. And not every grey old man has had many bad critics in his life. Its a tough job.
  • Fairway likes this

#700 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:28 PM

This is a nice post, Darth. 

Thanks Don!  I still hope to earn your vote when I run for prez.   :)

Im convinced he is the main reason for this himself

Yes, but not for the reasons I think you suggest.  Trump challenges them head on.  He doesn’t let them spin.  He throws it right back in their face.  They have never had a politician behave this way and it drives them crazy.  If they were on solid moral ground they should be able to stand against him.  But they aren’t so we get the crazy.

However Im still curious what you think about the AIVD/FBI/Poetin/Trump case!?

In what sense?  I think the leakers need to be found out and jailed.  Unless of course the leak was directed by Trump for some reason.   Then it would be an executive move.  One I strongly disagree with.  If you’re talking about Trump denying the hacks, then I don’t think that’s a big deal.  I’ve never heard him deny that the DNC or WH were hacked, but even if it were one of the silly things he says it can be dismissed.  Unless you’re trying to suggest that he’s a Russian agent denying it for those reasons.  That seems silly on it’s face though. 

Why would you say that, Don? Just check the above graph... Obama was attacked (as it is supposed to be, MSM critical on the powers that be) and lost a lot of popularity too... just remember the photo's when he entered the WH and was on top of his popularity, then after his terms the photo's he looked a very old grey man who had aged many decades.

Obama's loss of popularity was not due to the MSM.  They did everything they could to help him.

A funny thing is this OTHER orange head turns up to be the New Kid On The Block (never heard of him before):

https://www.google.n...chrome&ie=UTF-8

Being very critical, and voicing disconcern. If we're getting the bets up, I'm now thinking he'll be running and not those old blokes The Prof and Queenbee predicted, nor Tulsi after what happened with the fake nuke attack. He's got the royal name and you Americans always love the Kings and Queens we and the UK have ;).

The Dems have no leader now.  I’m sure this kid has aspirations but he didn’t impress me.  Just more preachy snivel and pander.  I’m sure it resonated with some but I think enough of the country can see it for what it is.  I didn’t think the delivery was that good either.  He’ll probably throw his hat in the ring but I wouldn’t bet money on him.

Yes The Memo is giving heat, but as I said last week too, it's a biased memo coming from just Trumpeteers. There's going to be a full out war about that,

Well, The Memo has hit with the force of nuclear bomb.  The Dems are screaming that we don’t have the full picture.  I agree we need to see the full picture so lets have it.  As it stands it suggests nothing short of a soft coup.  If true this is far bigger than Watergate. 

And of course the MSM is in full on defense mode.  What do you think their fairness now?  They’ve always been all about exposing govt corruption.  Rarely hesitate to publish ugly factoids harmful to Republicans.  But now, while staring at what looks like the story of the century and with absolutely none of the facts in dispute, they urge caution and perspective.  Blame Republican’s for going political.  It’s a partisan push to protect Trump from Mueller we’re being told.  Can you imagine the reaction if Bush’s Justice Dept had done this to Obama?  They would be raining fire.  We’d need special prosecutor, testimony, documents, resignations.  And they would ask: “What did the President know and when did he know it?”. 

Edited by DarthRemark, 04 February 2018 - 10:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users