Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:23 AM

No time Lonello. But Ive heard about it. Surely you will give us a summary?

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#622 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:26 AM

Honestly, Darth, how can the current White House be seen as anything else than a clown's festival?

If you mean it’s entertaining I agree 100%!   :)

The one suitable for office is you, Darth! You are always so articulate and you actually think things through so why don't you become POTUS, really? I'd vote for you for sure :) !!

I appreciate your support but I’m sure I don’t have the necessary charisma.

Id vote against Darth for sure. I would choose him for personality of the year though :-)

I’m crushed, Don.  I thought my keen insight had won you over.

But he will solve all bugs on this site when he's POTUS, Don.

This is true, Lo.  If I become POTUS I promise to fix Stratego.com.  I also promise free cell phones (we can call them DarthPhones so the recipients know who provided them), college tuition, healthcare, housing, automobiles, and a $35k/yr stipend to all citizens making under $250k/yr.  To pay for this we will seize the funds from some rich SOBs who got it by exploiting others and don’t even need it anyway.  It’s only fair.  To be sure these are good ideas and anyone opposing them is a racist.  Remember, we are doing it for the children! 

Edited by DarthRemark, 13 January 2018 - 06:32 AM.

• Lonello and Fairway like this

#623 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:31 AM

Yes, I didn’t read it either.  I did see that even Trump’s enemies in the media said it was shaky journalism.  It must be astonishingly suspect for that to have happened.  It’s amazing how it’s all faded to the background so quickly though.  

#624 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:36 AM

As POTUS I also promise free Battlecoins for all!

• Don_Homer and Fairway like this

#625 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:10 AM

That it fades away this quickly ofcourse is because of the constant new gates Trump starts :rolleyes: .

I am sure after Trump's first term we've had enough charisma for the next centuries to come so don't throw in any more in 2020, Darth. People always want change so the less you have to give, the better it will be.

My mother always uses to say that if you don't have time, then simply MAKE time. This will solve all your problems. Trust me, Don. It will. It really will, believe me, it will.

So there are not going to be any summaries... and it's ancient anyway, this book. Today's era is Omarosa's. Trust me, her book will enflame and enfury MUCH more now Trump called all black countries holes of some kind of dirt. Omarosa will be loving this. And I'm sure, as Wolf did too, will speed up the launch of her book as now is the best time for her.

Make time in advance and you'll be perfectly equipped to read this book, Don. It'll be worth your wile, trust me, it will be huge.

Lo

#626 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

That it fades away this quickly ofcourse is because of the constant new gates Trump starts :rolleyes: .

Only because they think they’ve got something better to bludgeon him with.  In other news:

Dow breaks 25,000.
250k jobs added in December.
Unemployment at 17-year low.
Black unemployment at 45-year low!  (Yes, you read that right.)
Food stamp use at 7-year low.
Manufacturing best since 2004.
Drilling opened on both coasts.
GDP 3+%.

Life for the common American hasn’t been this good in a long time.

What if these would have happened under Hillary?  With the exception of the drilling they would have declared her brilliant.  The smartest person alive.  The right woman at the right time.  The change of the guard in American politics.  A new era whose time has come. 

But no, this week they focus on a derogatory comment that’s very accurate in the context of the conversation.  Can we have real discussion of these problems?  No.  Because Trump is a racist! 

• Fks likes this

#627 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,615 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:28 PM

As for the Fire and Fury book, I too have seen mainstream media admit that some of the claims are not true, of course there are no facts to back 90% of the claims up, the book it a joke in itself filled with lies. Big Lies. Big, fat lies. Trust me. All big lies. Big, big lies.

LMAO Darth,

This is true, Lo.  If I become POTUS I promise to fix Stratego.com.  I also promise free cell phones (we can call them DarthPhones so the recipients know who provided them), college tuition, healthcare, housing, automobiles, and a $35k/yr stipend to all citizens making under $250k/yr.  To pay for this we will seize the funds from some rich SOBs who got it by exploiting others and don’t even need it anyway.  It’s only fair.  To be sure these are good ideas and anyone opposing them is a racist.  Remember, we are doing it for the children! 

this is absolutely perfect, and so accurate too  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: couldn't have said it better

Dow breaks 25,000.

250k jobs added in December.
Unemployment at 17-year low.
Black unemployment at 45-year low!  (Yes, you read that right.)
Food stamp use at 7-year low.
Manufacturing best since 2004.
Drilling opened on both coasts.
GDP 3+%.

Do you hear about this on the news? No, you hear about 

But no, this week they focus on a derogatory comment that’s very accurate in the context of the conversation.  Can we have real discussion of these problems?  No.  Because Trump is a racist! 

this ^^   which is a contested report itself in the way that the misleading MSM presents it

• Fks likes this

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

-Fairway, December 2015

#628 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:12 PM

Fairway, surely you were not thinking Darth was joking here? But maybe you are as you're a kid. Let me explain. The quote you're giving there is called 'helicoptermoney' and is the final phase of the Dollar Ponzischeme. Nothing weird there and I would do the same as Darth if I would be POTUS in 2020.

As for the stockmarket two other funny facts are at hand. As on the one hand, when Trump started running for POTUS 2 years ago,

Trump said on CNBC that he feared we were in a “big, fat juicy bubble.” That day, the Dow was at 16,027.05.

But on the other hand both Trump and Darth cheer on it now... yet... it is actually going way way worse than with Obama.

blog_stock_market_obama_trump_first_year

Stocks are terrible under Trump's first year. But I'm sure they'll pick up in order to get that helicoptermoney ;)

Lo

#629 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:44 PM

LMAO Darth,

this is absolutely perfect, 

Thanks!  Glad you got a laugh out of it.  :) 

which is a contested report itself in the way that the misleading MSM presents it

I've heard this.  Truthfully, I've been too busy to pay a lot of attention to the news this week.  When I heard the supposed quote though I totally believed Trump said it.  It just sounds like something he'd say.  It's not tactful, but I can understand it in the context of a heated discussion.  These countries are impoverished and those coming from them are overwhelmingly uneducated, from the lowest societal tier, who will drag our system.  They're not bad people and it's understandable that they'd want to come here.  I would if I were in their shoes.  But we're saturated right now.  We need to shut down the spigot for a while.  It's got nothing to do with the color of their skin.  But the politicians want them and thought Trump was ready to cave, so when he didn't they trotted out the tired race card.  Whether they made it up or he really said it is irrelevant.  They can't win a policy argument so they have to change the subject.

Stocks are terrible under Trump's first year. 

Lo, my investments disagree with you.  Really they do.  Believe me. 

• Fairway likes this

#630 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,615 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

blog_stock_market_obama_trump_first_year

Your graph is false information. If you go on google, type in "dow jones" the graph will come up. Hit "max" to see its progression since it was created. Hover your curser over the graph until you find January 31, 2009- the closest interval from when Obama was inaugurated. It should say 8000.86.  Keeping it held down, slide your curser over to December 30, 2009, the closest interval to the one year mark for Obama's inauguration. It will show you a percent increase of 30.34%. 

Then go to January 31, 2017, the closest interval to Trump's inauguration. Then slide your curser to the dow's current figure, as of 1/12/18. You will see a percent increase of 29.9%.

Perhaps that is true for the Dow Jones (I know it is Dow Jones because of the bottom it says Dow jones) that this was the case 6 months from inauguration, but then find the same graph that shows us a year, because that graph will be flipped. Again, misleading MSM... only a portion of the facts...

So really, it is 

Obama- 30.34% for 1st year

Trump- 29.9% for 1st year

And consider that Obama was elected on the heels of the 2008 stock crash, so it was bound to go up anyway. 

@Darth I agree entirely, I have made more money on my investments this year than the previous 3 years I had the same stocks... something doesn't add up..

• DarthRemark likes this

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

-Fairway, December 2015

#631 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

@Darth I agree entirely, I have made more money on my investments this year than the previous 3 years I had the same stocks... something doesn't add up..

I thought you were 13 years old?   :)   I'm impressed that you are already investing.  I wish I'd started that young.  My parents didn't know anything about the market though and it wasn't as easy to trade stocks back then as it is today.

#632 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,615 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:41 PM

I thought you were 13 years old?   :)   I'm impressed that you are already investing.  I wish I'd started that young.  My parents didn't know anything about the market though and it wasn't as easy to trade stocks back then as it is today.

I am 13 :)

• DarthRemark likes this

-Fairway, December 2015

#633 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:18 AM

Fairway, there sure is a lot that I do not know anything about. But this is my day to day work we're talking about. So you can trust me on this at least.

Sure you have a little gain from 20000 to 25000 (underneath graph needs to be extended to that ofcourse but it's giving a good picture) but that's nothing compared what Obama started with in crisis 6500 to end up that 20000... and that was all I said. And I also said it was not as a bono to Obama that the stockmarket grew. Trump was right about that when he said stocks were overbought. He said it in February 2016. He needs to stick with his own story. It's all TINA and will lead to that helicoptermoney... well... in a small way Trump has already started that with giving away 2 trillion to mostly his 1%-friends...

dow-obama-trump.png

Just some facts here:

http://www.politifac...e-stock-market/

"

Starting with Trump’s inauguration, the Dow has risen from 19,827.3 to 25,075.1 -- an increase of 26 percent. That’s impressive.

But it’s not as impressive as its performance during the equivalent period under Obama. Under Obama, the Dow increased from 7,949.1 to 10,572 — a rise of 33 percent.

In fact, the Dow’s rise was even more impressive under Obama if you start measuring at the market’s low point, on March 9, 2009, during the depths of the Great Recession. That day, the Dow closed at 6,547. Between then and Jan. 5 — a 10-month period — the Dow rose by a stunning 61 percent. That’s more than three times faster than Trump’s rise over the same period in his term.

"

When I heard the supposed quote though I totally believed Trump said it.  It just sounds like something he'd say.  

Well, that's what I meant too. This is a feast for Omarosa, don't you think?

Lo

#634 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:33 AM

It's really difficult to compare the first years because the circumstances are so different.  The market bounced almost immediately after Obama took office, but it was in the wake of massive emegency borrowing and money printing kicking in as he walked in the door.  The market took a nearly 6k hit in the previous 17 months and was primed to recover.  He can be credited with keeping it going (though I blame him greatly for doing it through spend and print while saddling us with massive new programs.)  But we did recover to precrash levels by the end of his first term.  The post-recovery market of his 2nd term was relatively lethargic.  In fact, the bounce since Trump's election is almost as great as Obama's entire second term up to election day.  So Obama inherited a devastated market with a tons of new money pouring in and it grew.  Good for him I guess.  Trump inhereted a mediocre market and did nothing but CHANGE Obama's tax and business policies and WHAM.  That's the difference we're talking about. 

But that's just the market.  The real world impact is that people are working and quality of life is improving.  That's what people care about. 

Now can they cut spending and get the budget under control?  Paul Ryan says "yes", so I'll guess "no".  We'll see.  The thing I like about Trump and the reason I voted for him is that he's going to do what he thinks is right regardless.  

I have no idea what Omarosa will say.  I'm sure if it's juicy and salacious the media will have fun with it. 

• Fairway likes this

#635 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,452 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:58 AM

I am 13 :)

.. yes .. no doubts you are 13 ... but what doesn't match is your poor level of stratego. If you are so brilliant in predicting, guessing, anticipating as you seem to do on stock exchange then you should apply same competency in stratego ... you should be earning a lot more ELO points!!! :D

• DarthRemark likes this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#636 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:02 PM

Well Lets stick to the facts people. Its well known that the stock market is doing great under Trump. Its silly to denie that. But having said that I dont think Trump has much to do with the growth. Its just a bull market which was already growing before the election. Secondly it does not mean that it will continue to grow.

Darth Im happy to see that you seem to notice that Trump has an impulse control problem. Imagine what would have happened when Kennedy had one during the cold war... Fire and Fury? :-(

#637 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,615 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:50 PM

.. yes .. no doubts you are 13 ... but what doesn't match is your poor level of stratego. If you are so brilliant in predicting, guessing, anticipating as you seem to do on stock exchange then you should apply same competency in stratego ... you should be earning a lot more ELO points!!! :D

Oh well.... lol

I try the best I can :)

Well Lets stick to the facts people. Its well known that the stock market is doing great under Trump. Its silly to denie that. But having said that I dont think Trump has much to do with the growth. Its just a bull market which was already growing before the election. Secondly it does not mean that it will continue to grow.

Darth Im happy to see that you seem to notice that Trump has an impulse control problem. Imagine what would have happened when Kennedy had one during the cold war... Fire and Fury? :-(

I agree with this statement, but on the contrast, did Obama really have much to do with the market during his presidency? 

• Don_Homer likes this

-Fairway, December 2015

#638 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

No. And I missed your like here then, Fairway:

I also said it was not as a bono to Obama that the stockmarket grew. Trump was right about that when he said stocks were overbought. He said it in February 2016. He needs to stick with his own story. It's all TINA and will lead to that helicoptermoney...

Don is right... bull on bull. It's all one gigantic bubble.

You are a wise man, Fairway, so you know how to coop with that on the markets.. great quote of yours in your profile there, of back in 2015 when you were 9... it's a good tip to use.

I am curious to see now how long Trump extends the old monetary policies... he enrages the Dems now with his racist comments so I don't see any help there.. which means another closing down of the government soon as there's soon another debt ceiling discussion.

I am curious to know how you see this isolist's path, Darth, as Trump will not get any support anywhere anymore now. He just sat behind a table WITH the Dems, discussing if they would help him out with the Wall so they could get their visa. Infrastructure would ne bext. But I doubt this effort will succeed now, and he had already lost any backup of the rest of the world. That can not end well.

Lo

#639 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

You are right Fairway. I think Presidents have little or no control to boost the market but they can ruin it. Obama did not ruin it and did some good things for the economy in general (this can be discussed of course). Trump is doing or trying to do some good things for the economy too, but most is very short term... Also at the cost of environment and demographic groups of American population.

#640 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

Well, it wasn’t growing like this!  It’s undeniable that it has everything to do with Trump’s policies.  It probably wouldn’t have gone down under Hillary, but it would not be behaving like this.

As far as impulses go, I really don’t think he’s as unstable as you fear.  

I am curious to see now how long Trump extends the old monetary policies... he enrages the Dems now with his racist comments so I don't see any help there.. which means another closing down of the government soon as there's soon another debt ceiling discussion.

I am curious to know how you see this isolist's path, Darth, as Trump will not get any support anywhere anymore now. He just sat behind a table WITH the Dems, discussing if they would help him out with the Wall so they could get their visa. Infrastructure would ne bext. But I doubt this effort will succeed now, and he had already lost any backup of the rest of the world. That can not end well.

The thing about govt shutdowns is that the obstructionists party has historically taken the blame.  That’s been the Republicans in the past, and of course it was with great assistance from the MSM, so it may play differently, but the Dems are in dangerous waters here.  If they take the blame for a shutdown in the midst of all this positive economic news they’ll pay in November.  

I don't know how all this plays out.  Our fiscal problems are severe though.  I welcome any crisis that might help us get that under control.

Trump is doing or trying to do some good things for the economy too, but most is very short term... Also at the cost of environment and demographic groups of American population.

I don't understand this statement.  I suppose you're referring to the risk of things like offshore drilling, which of course have to be done carefully and I think we can do that with reasonable success.  But what negative demographic impact are you talking about? 

Edited by DarthRemark, 14 January 2018 - 04:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users