#41 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

worth the money we would spend doing it, IMO. 

This is exactly what I mean. Communist Party.

Where did all the real fiscal conservatives go? Left for the Bahama's I guess.

Wars are extremely expensive. What astros said: trillions of dollars, 20 percent of the national debt or whatever. And what do you think of building those airports, bridges, roads, pipelines and walls?

It's true Trump won't go for a smaller government but a much bigger one. The Republicans are the party of “borrow and spend” and you can't classify yourself as a conservative either anymore if you write blanco cheques as much as the rest of them. Ofcourse they do not have "funds" for wall or war. The US has an enormous deficit. "It's just a bit of money, that wall" doesn't cut it, as they say it for every thing spend.

It's always the Republican presidents overspending the very most. The Democrats are bad too, but the so called "Conservatives" (read "Communists") are worse, and Trump is THE worst. He'll overrun Bush W in no time I imagine. At least his father went to a righteous war in Iraq. Freeing Quwait. Bush W did it for a family-egotrip. Correcting his father's 'mistake' not to go full on to Bagdad to collect Saddam Hussein.

But Trump will simply do it for his personal ego. Bankrupting the US for good. He has done it to all his businesses too, so why not America? All is set for total government control. He got the template from his best buddy Vladimir.

Lo

#42 Peewit

Peewit

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:47 PM

America invaded Iraq because Israel and Saudi Arabia buy US politicians and lie continuously.

Feb. 26, 2001: Ariel Sharon believes that Iraq poses more of a threat to regional stability than Iran. (Ha'aretz)

April 2002: Benjamin Netanyahu came to Washington DC and met with US Senators to warn them Saddam was developing nuclear weapons which could be delivered to the US homeland in suitcases or satchels.

June 2002: Ehud Barak, another former Israeli PM, wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post stating the Bush administration should focus on Iraq and the removal of Saddam.

CBSnews .com headline (Aug 16, 2002): "Israel to US: Don't Delay Iraq Attack"

Sept 2002: Benjamin Netanyahu wrote a piece for the Wall Street Journal titled "The Case for Toppling Saddam" which stated "nothing less than dismantling his regime will do."

#43 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

America is out of breath. The world is sick of it because of Trump (well, he is just the catalysator):

C4NyVG7WcAAAFIu.jpg

Lo

#44 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 943 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:41 PM

I looked at debt to GDP ratio and the US is nowhere near Japan. Abenomics has destroy decades and yet nothing seems to change. I think millions are suffering in quiet desperation and we simply never hear anything about it.

I looked this up on Wikipedia (fake news)

In 2016, United States public debt-to-GDP ratio was estimated at 71.8%, including external debt. The level of public debt in Japan 2013 was 243.2% of GDP, in China 22.4% and in India 66.7%, according to the IMF, while the public debt-to-GDP ratio at the end of the 2nd quarter of 2016 was at 70.1% of GDP in Germany, 89.1% in the United Kingdom, 98.2% in France and 135.5% in Italy, according to Eurostat

Japan has a demographics issue. The young people are not being fruitful and multiplying. Sex is Japan is just ewwww. Virtual reality will replace reality. The goggles connected to your computer and phone are just the start.

America's economy is dying because the same reason. Too many old people. Social Security and Medicare cannot be reformed by Congress.

It is my opinion that the game plan may be to blame Trump. They get to keep their jobs, the elderly are cast off and they get re-elected. 

Edited by queenbee1, 09 February 2017 - 08:42 PM.

#45 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,418 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:02 AM

Too many old people. Social Security and Medicare cannot be reformed by Congress.

This is another reason why the anti-immigrant sentiment is misguided.  The truth is we NEED immigration to keep Social Security and Medicare solvent.  Immigrants are typically young, and it is the young and middle age whose taxes pay for the benefits the elderly receive.  The money the current elderly paid into the system has already been spent.  It is also shooting ourselves in the foot to cut back on the number of H1B visas for highly skilled workers.  We are in competition for talent with the other industrialized nations, and these workers make a big contribution to our economy.  I wish it weren't the case, but there are just not enough Americans majoring in computer science, engineering or other high tech fields to fill the available jobs that require this knowledge. 

• Lonello and queenbee1 like this

#46 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 943 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:53 PM

This is another reason why the anti-immigrant sentiment is misguided.  The truth is we NEED immigration to keep Social Security and Medicare solvent.  Immigrants are typically young, and it is the young and middle age whose taxes pay for the benefits the elderly receive.  The money the current elderly paid into the system has already been spent.  It is also shooting ourselves in the foot to cut back on the number of H1B visas for highly skilled workers.  We are in competition for talent with the other industrialized nations, and these workers make a big contribution to our economy.  I wish it weren't the case, but there are just not enough Americans majoring in computer science, engineering or other high tech fields to fill the available jobs that require this knowledge. 

Considering how this impacts so many people I cannot imagine that younger people cannot see that it is in their best interest to fund these two programs. I also know that we cannot start building soon enough to create beds in skilled nursing. The status quo simply cannot handle to baby boomers. I can tell you that given the choice of going into a skilled nursing facility of taking a pill to put myself to sleep I take the pill every time. I am in these places all the time and they go from indifferent at best to what I consider insane asylums. The angels (if I can use that word) at the Nurse's Aides. In Orlando 90% of them are from Haiti on work visas. Who is going to take care of grandma if you keep out or limit these immigrants? Haiti is a terrible country of poverty that you can only imagine. The Syrians are fleeing the only world they know and are probably terrified or stuck up in a refugee camp. Part of being an open society is you may have a nut case come in and kill some of us. How can we vet these people anymore than we are doing now? They are coming from failed states with no records. They are literally running for their lives. Rather than welcome them, Trump is trying to ban them. This is America turned upside down. Freedom comes at a cost. We cannot stop all terrorism ever and banning immigrants from Muslim nations is racist and fuels radicalism.

Edited by queenbee1, 11 February 2017 - 07:27 PM.

#47 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:17 AM

The truth is we NEED immigration to keep Social Security and Medicare solvent.  Immigrants are typically young, and it is the young and middle age whose taxes pay for the benefits the elderly receive.  The money the current elderly paid into the system has already been spent.  It is also shooting ourselves in the foot to cut back on the number of H1B visas for highly skilled workers.  We are in competition for talent with the other industrialized nations, and these workers make a big contribution to our economy. 

The funny part is, this was exactly our envy at the US. The melting pot. Most open country of the world. Now falling into total communism.

It's the immigrants that made America great. The Irish, the Italians, and also the Dutch who live nearby Gary in the city of Holland. And actually: every American is an immigrant if he isn't an indian. That goes up to the biggest US companies today, with the likes of Zuckerberg. Steve Jobs was one too. About every great entrepeneur of today is a newly groomed American. 

My country never groomed. We got no skilled workers. They all went to the US or China. Now they all go to China. China wins the long run. It has always been about the long run for them. They've been mastering longterm for thousands of years. The US is now in hyper-short term benefits. A benefit that lasts 1 tweet, 140 words max, a few seconds. It's preposterous how fast the US is throwing away its nr. 1 position. Indeed shooting itself in the foot.

Japan is 1 or 2 decades ahead of the US and Europe. We'll go through the same troubles they face. It's all on the graphs. In my country we got the babyboomers of 1945/46 now signing off for work. We NEED the immigrants too. Can't do without.

Yet we're seeing the same bad Trumpeteer influence over here. Brexit, Le Pen and now Italy in schrumbles. Merkel may be defeated too soon. And we're up next for elections. The good part in my country is we have a coalition country. Winner takes what he's been given by the voters, and not all. Your Trump got 19% of the electorate, but 100% of the powers. Our Trump will get 20% as well, but just the 20%. The other 80% has already said they won't work with the guy ;) !

And what a hypocrite:

C4YDBtqXUAAd9_K.jpg

You gotta say for the guy he learned communism swell from the Chinese ;).

Lo

#48 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 943 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:18 PM

Trump continues his tirade against illegal voters by accusing a famous German golfer Bernard Langer (who has won The Masters and now plays on the senior tour) of trying to vote.

Once again Trump got this from someone who told someone who told someone and by the time it got to him Langer was complaining of not being able to vote. Langer is a German citizen and did not complain of not being able to vote.

I don't know why The Donald would open his mouth on hearsay, but after his foot in mouth comment he called Langer and apologized for smearing his name. I can't see Trump making it past his first year in office without having to resign.

President Trump calls Bernhard Langer to clear the air on voter fraud story

Edited by queenbee1, 13 February 2017 - 11:20 PM.

#49 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 943 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:13 AM

Chess grand master Gary Kasparov on Trump

A top Putin critic on how to oppose Trump: “making him look like a loser is crucial”

• Lonello likes this

#50 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 943 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:15 AM

Sean Illing does an interview with Matt Taibbi and at the end it pretty much sums it all up as hopeless. That is how I feel. All this making fun of being #2 is the worlds way of coping. I am thinking pretty dark thoughts these days. I think the US is finished as a democracy. This is bad news for the rest of the world as well. I hoped it wouldn't be as bad as I thought, but apparently it will be worse. Gary Kasparov had some chilling thoughts as well in my previous comment above.

Sean Illing
Speaking of the next four years, your book ends on a pessimistic note. You basically declare the dream of unified country dead. Is it that dark?

Matt Taibbi
Yeah, I think it is.

Sean Illing
Are you encouraged at all by the massive protests or the fact that Trump is historically unpopular?

Matt Taibbi
Not enough to feel especially hopeful about the future. I lived in Russia for several years and one of the things that struck me is how naive I had been growing up in the United States. If you grew up in America, you have no idea how bad it can get. The possibilities for awfulness in human experience are far beyond what we're used to.

I think we're just beginning to see how bad things can get. We have an illusion of stability thanks to our wealth and geography and the fact that we're still a young country. We take so much for granted. As Yeats said, things can fall apart. The center doesn't hold forever.

I see things starting to fray here and it's unsettling.

Edited by queenbee1, 15 February 2017 - 05:38 AM.

#51 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:00 AM

That is some very powerful interview indeed! I especially loved this portion:

"

A lot of us have this idea that the truth has a kind of magical power, that if the truth is out there it will convince the country to unite behind it. But this isn't so. People can simply decide to not believe a version of events now. They can shop for information the same way they'd shop for everything else, and they pick the reality they find most pleasing.

Back when I was thinking about the rapture movement or the 9/11 truther movement, what struck me was that there are bubbles now that you can stay in and you don't have to engage with reality if you don't want to. So it occurred to me that in the future, people might decide en masse to completely tune out. Even the idea of having a debate with people about a commonly accepted body of facts seemed to be slipping away at the time.

"

This adds to

All this making fun of being #2 is the worlds way of coping. I am thinking pretty dark thoughts these days. I think the US is finished as a democracy. This is bad news for the rest of the world as well. I hoped it wouldn't be as bad as I thought, but apparently it will be worse. Gary Kasparov had some chilling thoughts

Kasparov is right. We need to put the overdrive on. Create our own maximum bubble. The Dutch created the ocean between us and Mexico. Then the pole between us and Denmark. It's true, if you at least put 1 truth in the same paragraph, like we have the Afsluitdijk. We really do have it. And Ponypark Slagharen, and Madurodam. All got them. True story. So as that's obviously all true, you can include Danish is a failed language and that we have the best tax evasion system of the world.

The Trump bubble goes deep though. It's the same with the Religion bubble. I've tried in this last one, and the one before, to catch common ground - go from there. I went way back, many centuries to a time all people still thought the earth was flat. Go from there. Since mankind evolved from that, and nowadays we know the earth isn't flat. Or do we?

As it appeared even that easy fact was called an alternative fact by some. It's real: some people still believe the earth is flat. Others believe there's no such thing as dinosaurs... well, there were beasts, but they are 6000 years old MAX. Then others who believe you can split an ocean with 1 gesture, make from 1 fish thousands of fish, walk over water and combine all animals of the world on 1 arch. 

In the end I called Pastafari. It's of no use. Their bubble is too deep. Trump's too. They will never be able to come out of it. There's no common ground to go from. Kelly Anne will always keep alternative facting.

That's why I much prefer my own bubble. The one where The Netherlands indeed does become second. It's much nicer then your dark bubble, Queenbee...

Lo

#52 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 943 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

It less of a bubble and more like a concrete shell. Their is a divide in this country and it is impossible to debate anything. We are probably as divided as the Civil War times. It is like a religion Lonello. Truth has become subjective rather than objective. Trump is leading a revolution and revolutions tend to move towards a dictator style government in the end. 

Why have the Trump supporters here gone dark? Are they now realizing what a mistake it was to put such an unbalanced human in charge of this country?

#53 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

I think you know the answer. Your dozen relatives who all voted Trump told you at the dinnertable. They all stil love The Donald.

Fairway gave a couple of things he found important. We explained to him every single one of his subjects were being destroyed by The Donald. There was no riposte, because there is no riposte possible. Still if you were to ask him today what he would vote, he would still vote the New Communists.

The polls show this as well: 

As many as 87 percent of Republicans give the thumbs up to Trump's performance, as do just 52 percent of independents and 10 percent among Democrats.

In February 2009, after Barack Obama's first month in the White House, 60 percent of voters approved his performance, including 90 percent of Democrats, 62 percent of independents, and 29 percent of Republicans.

http://news.xinhuane...c_136060209.htm

Lo

#54 zuriels

zuriels

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:45 PM

My mom has told me when the Messiah comes, the world will become so dark and perverted that we'll know the end times have begun. Governments such as ours will be even more corrupt. I can see the writing on the wall. I support some of DT's policies, like abortion and moving the Embassy to Jerusalem.

But he said he would revoke the Iranian nuclear deal.

Now he can't.

http://www.jpost.com...ran-ever-481758

I'm frustrated. Any thoughts on this article? I think he's playing the obama card.

OBama said he loved jews. liar

#55 MAGATRiUMPh

MAGATRiUMPh

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:51 PM

ZORIEL >>> Obama gave Israel 11 MILLION DOLLARS EVERY SINGLE DAY for the rest of eternity. I wish someone hated me that much!! 

IRANIAN NUCLEAR DEAL >>> One of the few things I disagree with Trump on. Like Hillary, Trump is too belligerent toward Iran. And we constantly hear they are the biggest exporter of terrorism. WRONG! That's Saudi Arabia. America's great "friend"

But since Saudi Arabia and Israel buy U.S. politicians in bulk, they can do ANYTHING they want. The Lavon Affair? USS Liberty? Celebrating "art students" on 9/11? Al Qaeda aid? Bulldozing Palestinian homes? There really is no limit to what they can get away with.

#56 zuriels

zuriels

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:16 PM

Where did the nukes go? they fired them right at Israel. Two times.

#57 MAGATRiUMPh

MAGATRiUMPh

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:51 PM

Seriously? No one fired nukes at Israel. Israel used white phosphorus in Gaza. Maybe you were thinking of that.

#58 anita j

anita j

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:33 PM

Below are foreign policy highlights & low-lights from the first month of Donald Trump’s presidency.

THE GOOD

* "If we could get along with Russia … China and Japan and everyone … it would be a positive thing, not a negative thing. Let’s see if we can make some good deals with Russia … For one thing, I think nuclear weapons should be way down and reduced substantially."

* Secretary Tillerson fires much of the seventh-floor staff at the State Department. The seventh-floor was referred to as “the shadow government” in an FBI release. (Maybe the best thing!!)

* Trump Nixes Elliott Abrams for State Dept. Job (Now he needs to nix Bolton for anything.)

* Trump: "The Israelis are going to have to show some flexibility [on Palestine], which is … hard to do". White House: New or expanded Israeli settlements "may not be helpful" in achieving peace.

* Belgrade Breathes Easier as Trump’s Win Marks End to Interventionism there.

THE BAD

* Saudi crown prince receives CIA honor for anti-terror efforts.

* US-led coalition air strikes killed 18 Afghan civilians, U.N. says.

* US to Deploy Navy Destroyer Off Yemen Coast.

* US sanctions Iran after missile test. http://www.bbc.com/n...canada-38860352

* The first arms sales of the Trump administration: $1.85 billion to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Britain and Kenya (pending congressional approval).

* Tillerson Wants to Provide Saudi Arabia With More Help to Bomb Yemen.

#59 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 943 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:48 AM

My analysis of Trump is that he is a buffoon and a pathological liar. He was in Melbourne, Florida (60 miles from where I live) for a rally that police said was about 9000 people. He was ranting that the dishonest media would not show images of this "huge" crowd despite the local news channel offering live feeds and panoramic views. He does these rally's seemingly to feed his ego. I have no idea why he still thinks he needs to have them, but I have never heard so much bullshit in my entire life. He just makes stuff up as he goes along. A great analysis of his press conference is here. A breakdown of Trump press conference. BTW this blogger is a 20 year retired navy man who is white and is no bleeding heart liberal. He just breaks down the BS that The Donald thinks means he is doing a fantastic job when in fact he deflects blame for firing Flynn onto the press and talks nonsense. 

Donald Trump sparked no small number of raised eyebrows - along with a flurry of sarcastic comments - when he suggested something ominous had happened "last night in Sweden”.
After Mr Trump made the remarks at a rally in Florida, everyone from Sweden’s former prime minister, weighed in to point out that nothing had averse had happened. “What has he been smoking?” pondered Carl Bildt.

Nothing happened in Sweden. He just heard something on Fox News and made it up. Now people think the media is "fake news." Fake news came about when kids in eastern Europe were creating clickbait and targeting people with fake news stories about HRC. Now Trump refers to the main news outlets in the US as "fake news" and the enemy of the American people. We are talking about ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN.

This man is dangerously unbalanced and Trump supporter seem to be cult like in their following and repeating what he says.

Edited by queenbee1, 20 February 2017 - 07:11 AM.

#60 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:34 AM

You don't need to worry about the clown long. It's the Pence Presidency soon. I already predicted that in the other topic, but it's now getting real fast: https://sputniknews....-shortest-term/ and picture of today:

XEL101-218_2017_154233.jpg

Lo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users