#381 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,825 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted A week ago

These kids, now young adults, not even speaking Spanish but only English, are now saving people in the storms and floods and are a valuable contribution to the community, Gary, having had a splendid education and ready to change your diper if needed eventually. So why deport them?

Meanwhile https://www.nbcnews....h-korea-n799306

with

China has told administration officials that if the U.S. strikes North Korea first, Beijing would back Pyongyang, a senior military official told NBC.

Lo

#382 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 3 days ago

Trump did make some deals with the democrats and proudly twittered it afterwards. Didnt think he would surprise the criticasters like me positively. :)

#383 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 days ago

As I've tried to say, you guys take him too literally.  He's just trying to get things done.  He's not crazy and he's not an ideologue.  He's tried to deal with them before but they were too busy resisting.  It was a good move politically.  The Republicans were going to raise it too but only after much drama from the fiscal hawks.  Trump bypasses all of the contention, keeps the money flowing, and shows he can work with Dems.  

Now is continued deficit spending good for the country?  Of course not.  But short term it's win-win-win and positions him for progress in other areas. 

#384 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 2 days ago

Well Darth, probably many other Trump supporters are less enthusiastic here than you are. Isnt this some kind of grudge against republicians who outvoted some plans of him? Its not really in line with his other plans and tweets/speeches. I still think hes pretty crazy, but it doesnt mean its a bad decision.

#385 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 days ago

You might be confusing Trump supporters with Republican leadership.  :)  Every Trump supporter I know is fed up with the Republican leadership.  They see through the game at this point.  There are those (including me) who are upset that we’re still going in debt, but I don’t know a single Trump supporter who’s upset that he reached out to Dems to get it done.  It was a good move. 

Now there are many who are uneasy with DACA, but Trump hasn’t actually done much there yet.  The dealing is still in progress so we’ll see what happens. 

• Fairway likes this

#386 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,021 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 2 days ago

Trump did the right thing with DACA and to hell with those who don't like it. I just want to survive his presidency that is all. I think Hillary was a saner choice, but she would then be unable to do a damn thing with Congress. I talked to a friend yesterday and we agree this is all about controlling the judicial branch. The fact the they stonewalled Obama was abuse of power IMO. Still when I watched Trump's interview with Lester Holt I thought he was on the edge of a total meltdown. He seems to quick to anger and I think there is something to this Russian thing that will crush him in the end. He may even die in office as he looked like he could have a stroke.

I don't dislike Republicans, but his supporters keep saying "drain the swamp, build the wall, eject the illegals. Most of what he promised simply won't get done. I know what a mess the financial system is in, but he is not going to fix it. All he has is his brand left and that is looking shaky. 

Maybe he will be exonerated and maybe not. New Your City voted 9-1 against him. They know what a shady operator the guy is. This is a big country. California and NY are not the US. We have a lot of people who were left behind in 2008 and a lot more will join them in the next 10 years. One thing I always agree with Lo about. He is entertaining. I didn't like the jabs Hollywood made tonight on the Emmy's. This is how politics has invaded every facet of our society. Actors, Writers, Directors and Producers feel free to attack him. I don't like award shows, but I was stuck. I just don't think an awards show is the place to vent political views, but that is how anti-Trump people have become. I personally don't care for their opinions.

One more thing to explain how I feel about Trump. Imagine if Clinton had been voted in. Those who support Trump and distrusted Hillary might feel the same way I do. 

In the end we are all Americans. We need to unite the country not divide it. The fears that DACA people felt (of being ripped from their home) and sent to a land they never lived in will hover over them for their lifetime unless Amnesty is given to them in writing. Those who wanted "The Wall" will soon forgive Trump for not building it or keeping his word to deport those here illegally.

#387 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,825 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted A day ago

It was a good move politically.  The Republicans were going to raise it too but only after much drama from the fiscal hawks.  Trump bypasses all of the contention, keeps the money flowing, and shows he can work with Dems.  

Now is continued deficit spending good for the country?  Of course not.  But short term it's win-win-win and positions him for progress in other areas. 

Lol, I was first thinking, did Darth fell off his beliefs LOL???

Trump kicking the can down the road :unsure: :wacko: :blink:?

But I guess you are right and he may kick the can once too. He should get his chance, as every previous President had them too.

I don't think it will last long though. He has until December now and the debt is spiraling out of control fast since the Chinese have started to dump treasuries, ever more so after Trump forbid the sale of a US manufacturer last week, so they use it as leverage.

Anyway, this was a dumb move of the Dems mostly. As what is Trump doing with his new budget?

First check this

https://en.wikipedia...ry_expenditures

Then read Twitter here:

this is a HUGE artificial GDP boost subsidized by tax payers entirely by debt. Defense contractors are loving it. Now let's cut healthcare.

2 antwoorden

To be clear: The US military spend increase, JUST THE INCREASE, is larger than Russia's ENTIRE annual's military defense budget.

2 antwoorden

US biz model

Sven HenrichGeverifieerd account @NorthmanTrader
The script: 1: Hire a bunch of generals to run your staff 2: 2b06.png military budget by $70B 3: Find a war…

Lo

#388 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,021 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 19 hours ago

ditto what Lo said. If you are a general you are not going to want peace or domestic spending. If the only tool we have is the military then we will find a reason to go to war. Anyone know how many judge positions are not filled in the US circuit and appellate courts? To change the world you cannot do it at the Executive or Congressional level only. That is why the Rs want the Judicial Branch and they'll get it.

Unlike the Democrats who are busy chasing votes, the Rs have them and they have a plan. Many on the SCOTUS are really old and the young ones are right leaning.

Today I was thinking about John Grisham's book The Pelican Brief. It was all about a rich guy who had three justices murdered so that he would be free to rape and pillage the Louisiana Delta. At least that is how I remember it. You always follow the money.

#389 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 hours ago

Lol, I was first thinking, did Darth fell off his beliefs LOL???

No, my beliefs haven’t changed.  Pragmatism my friend.  Pragmatism.  :)

I agree it was somewhat questionable on the Dems part.  It’s not clear to me what they got out of it but I’m sure they got some goodies. 

Yes, militaries are expensive.  American gear tends to cost a lot more than others though due to the quality and the overhead of producing it in a first world country.  We also spend an enormous amount on personnel and their benefits whereas our chief adversaries’ personnel costs pennies on the dollar.   So in raw $’s we might spend 9 times more than Russia, but no military expert will tell you we are 9 times more powerful.

Did you see Trump's speech at the UN today.  Brilliant.  I am proud to be an American.

#390 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 hours ago

ditto what Lo said. If you are a general you are not going to want peace or domestic spending. If the only tool we have is the military then we will find a reason to go to war. Anyone know how many judge positions are not filled in the US circuit and appellate courts? To change the world you cannot do it at the Executive or Congressional level only. That is why the Rs want the Judicial Branch and they'll get it.

Unlike the Democrats who are busy chasing votes, the Rs have them and they have a plan. Many on the SCOTUS are really old and the young ones are right leaning.

Today I was thinking about John Grisham's book The Pelican Brief. It was all about a rich guy who had three justices murdered so that he would be free to rape and pillage the Louisiana Delta. At least that is how I remember it. You always follow the money.

This is a very jaded view.  I don't know of a single military man who looks for a reason to go to war.  Anyone who's been in war looks to avoid it.  Lives are destroyed in war.  No general takes these decisions lightly and don't think any President ever has either.  They realize the awesome responsibility to the welfare of those in uniform.  You're right, there are surely greedy SOB's in the military industrial complex who relish building more bombs, but we are a free people and they only get their way if we let them. 

Also perplexing comments about the Judicial.  Conservatives don't seek to control the Judicial branch.  They want judges who uphold our laws as written, not reinterpret them to the theme of the day.  You should want this too.  Congress makes laws.  Executive enforces them.  Judicial interprets them. 

Edited by DarthRemark, 10 hours ago.

#391 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,825 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 2 hours ago

Did you see Trump's speech at the UN today.  Brilliant.  I am proud to be an American.

This one is for you then:

Benjamin NetanyahuGeverifieerd account @netanyahu

In over 30 years in my experience with the UN, I never heard a bolder or more courageous speech.

Lo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users