#21 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 908 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:09 PM

We made it through the last time and we will make it through the next. Happy optimism is the only way to go. Until the Donald tips over the entire table. You are all on notice in Donald's mind. We are all guilty of something. He has Steve Bannon to cheer him on. Conspiracies are everywhere. Trust me they are.  :) What we need is neighborhood nuclear superiority. If everyone has a nuke no one will use them right?  :ph34r:

#22 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 908 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:38 PM

Lonello I think they fact that I stopped watching the financials has made me a happier person. Apparently you are not affected as I was. So I am going to leave it up to you to keep me informed with the financial thread and keep my head down. I am retired and happy. We all live in interesting times.

#23 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 908 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:40 AM

This guy represent who? Dear Mr President you are making America into the laughing stock of the world. Please stop tweeting. You are not good at it.

Because the ban was lifted by a judge, many very bad and dangerous people may be pouring into our country. A terrible decision

Interesting that certain Middle-Eastern countries agree with the ban. They know if certain people are allowed in it's death & destruction!

Edited by queenbee1, 05 February 2017 - 06:42 AM.

#24 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:43 PM

More analysis:

C347hYaXUAA0Dbf.jpg

Lo

#25 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 908 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:25 AM

Lonello and anyone else who might know. How many municipalities, states, countries are funding all this debt we are piling on top of debt? I know Social Security and Medicare has billions in unfunded liabilities every year. This has to be replicated all over the EU as well. The banks and governments cannot rollover debt without fresh money coming into the system be that taxpayer money or coming straight out of government workers paychecks. Remember this is a global ponzi scheme and you are counting on promises that cannot possibly kept. This means fireman, police, teachers, corporate workers who funnel billions into the markets. If everyone cashed out at once we would see the emperor has no clothes. When the boomers cash out IRA and 401ks the markets whether in stock or government bonds cannot be repaid in full. Someone is going to take a haircut or taxes are going up. I don't care what Republican promise you. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

I just wonder how many pension plans all over the world are underwater. When the housing market crashes again now that real people see there is no repercussions for not paying they will sit in their unpaid house for as long as is possible living rent free while their neighbors continue to pay. The moral hazard line was broken in 2008. You get a piece of paper that says your 401k or whatever is worth X amount of dollars. That pension is not worth the paper it is printed on just as many Us citizens will not get a check for Social Security. Their is no trust fund and we are not taking in enough in taxes to pay for what is going to old people.

What do you think the governments have magic wands? I am cross posting this comment to all you Trump supporters. This is not a dig at him it is a slap in the face of reality. What are we going to do when part B cost 300.00 a month and part D is 200.00 and you get a SS check for 1100.00 and you pension is half what your were promised? Most Americans will be in big trouble in 10-20 years if not less.

Edited by queenbee1, 07 February 2017 - 06:27 AM.

#26 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 908 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:00 AM

He needs his staff to take away his cell phone so he cannot tweet. This guy is acting like a dictator. Is there anyone that can stand up and say "Yes, this is what I want Trump to do. He is keeping us safe." Come on guys this man has to make you question his sanity and impulse control.

"The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!"

"Just cannot believe a judge would put our country in such peril. If something happens blame him and court system. People pouring in. Bad!"

So called Judge? Who does he think he is? He has just put the man and his family in danger from the fringe right. This judge was appointed by Bush and passed the Senate at 99-0. Then to say if an incident occurs blame him? Trump doesn't have the temperament for the job.

#27 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,211 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:48 PM

He needs his staff to take away his cell phone so he cannot tweet. This guy is acting like a dictator. Is there anyone that can stand up and say "Yes, this is what I want Trump to do. He is keeping us safe." Come on guys this man has to make you question his sanity and impulse control.

"The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!"

"Just cannot believe a judge would put our country in such peril. If something happens blame him and court system. People pouring in. Bad!"

So called Judge? Who does he think he is? He has just put the man and his family in danger from the fringe right. This judge was appointed by Bush and passed the Senate at 99-0. Then to say if an incident occurs blame him? Trump doesn't have the temperament for the job.

I currently agree with what Trump is doing. It's not even a muslum ban. It's a ban from 7 countries which happen to be terrorist infested.

The judge that said that should be stripped of his right to be a judge . It clearly says that Presidents have the right to create immigration laws, and Obama even said that he had the right to do this when he was president.

I can't even imagine the 9th circus court ruling in favor of this psychotic  judge. Doesn't matter that Bush appointed him. To rule against Trump in this situation would be a CLEAR violation of the Constitution.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#28 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 908 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:05 AM

I currently agree with what Trump is doing. It's not even a muslum ban. It's a ban from 7 countries which happen to be terrorist infested.

The judge that said that should be stripped of his right to be a judge . It clearly says that Presidents have the right to create immigration laws, and Obama even said that he had the right to do this when he was president.

I can't even imagine the 9th circus court ruling in favor of this psychotic  judge. Doesn't matter that Bush appointed him. To rule against Trump in this situation would be a CLEAR violation of the Constitution.

Fairway do you think that he became psychotic after being appointed, after being conformed by the Senate 99-0 or was he always psychotic?

Surely you understand that his ruling is based on his interpretation of the law. Trump is no expert on law. Our system of government has checks and balances to prevent such actions being done unilaterally by one branch of government. If you ban 7 countries based on criminal activity you are fueling the fire. 

#29 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,211 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

Fairway do you think that he became psychotic after being appointed, after being conformed by the Senate 99-0 or was he always psychotic?

Surely you understand that his ruling is based on his interpretation of the law. Trump is no expert on law. Our system of government has checks and balances to prevent such actions being done unilaterally by one branch of government. If you ban 7 countries based on criminal activity you are fueling the fire. 

Don't know. 

It may be his interpretation of the law but for sure a terrible one. It clearly says that a President has the right to restrict immigration or make immigration laws if he feels a threat.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#30 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

Fairway... honestly!

The men from the terrorist attacks in the US all came from OTHER countries then the 7 you mention! They came from Pakistan, Saudi-Arabia, Egypt, the US itself, etc. 

9/11, Orlando... even the BowlingGreen massacre.

So it's futile.

But anyhow. Can we at least agree this other thing. That the Republican Party totally turned into the Communist Party?

"Buy your own US products". Where did we hear this last? Right: eastern Europe / Russia. Riding their Lada's. The first driverless car. Because it wouldn't drive alltogether. Or Cuba. THE laughing stock of the world. They only 'buy their own goods'... so they still live in the 50's.

Or "build a wall". Sounds familiar? The Communists build one. A bigger one then Trump's with Mexico. Going in between a dozen nations.

Then the breakdown of all journalists and judges. Sounds familiar? Look at Russia anno 2017. Today even! The presidential candidate of the opposition was thrown in jail. Can't participate in the next Presidential race, set to be in 2018. Hillary in jail next?

Then the spending, spending and spending without looking at your debt. And giving all power to the oligarchs. Pipeline to Canada starts today! And only 1% oligarchs in Trump's cabinet. Figures.

It's not even a muslum ban. It's a ban from 7 countries which happen to be terrorist infested.

"It's not even a real country. The US. It's a fake country. Queen Elisabeth took over. Trust me. She did."

So can we just say the Republican Party turned into the Communist Party? And that The Netherlands are second, right after the United Kingdom?

Lo

#31 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,380 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:06 PM

Fairway, presidents don't make laws.  Congress makes the laws, the courts interpret the laws, and the president enforces the laws.  This is basic civics.  A year ago you probably agreed with Republicans that it was unconstitutional for Obama to make his executive orders on immigration, right?  The courts did rule against him, just as they are now ruling against Trump.  They said that it is Congress, not the president, that has the power to change immigration law.     

#32 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 908 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:03 PM

Fairway the rule of the forum is simple. If you say something you had better be able to defend it. Lo and The Prof just took you down and it is best for you to stay on the mat as you are out of your depth. I know you want to participate, but sometimes you overshare just as I do. I take my lashes when I have them coming. Executive Orders are not laws. We don't live in a dictatorship yet and they are subject to judicial review. This one was unconstitutional. You're just going to have to accept that. This is not the way our country works. Trump is not a king, emperor or god. The man has many failings. He simply can't see anything but greatness when he looks in the mirror. He surrounds himself with sycophants.

At your age just play games, go to school, make friends and have fun. Illegal immigrants are not coming for your job and terrorists are not flooding into this country.  

Edited by queenbee1, 08 February 2017 - 07:06 PM.

#33 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,211 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:19 PM

Fairway... honestly!

The men from the terrorist attacks in the US all came from OTHER countries then the 7 you mention! They came from Pakistan, Saudi-Arabia, Egypt, the US itself, etc. 

9/11, Orlando... even the BowlingGreen massacre.

So it's futile.

But anyhow. Can we at least agree this other thing. That the Republican Party totally turned into the Communist Party?

"Buy your own US products". Where did we hear this last? Right: eastern Europe / Russia. Riding their Lada's. The first driverless car. Because it wouldn't drive alltogether. Or Cuba. THE laughing stock of the world. They only 'buy their own goods'... so they still live in the 50's.

Or "build a wall". Sounds familiar? The Communists build one. A bigger one then Trump's with Mexico. Going in between a dozen nations.

Then the breakdown of all journalists and judges. Sounds familiar? Look at Russia anno 2017. Today even! The presidential candidate of the opposition was thrown in jail. Can't participate in the next Presidential race, set to be in 2018. Hillary in jail next?

Then the spending, spending and spending without looking at your debt. And giving all power to the oligarchs. Pipeline to Canada starts today! And only 1% oligarchs in Trump's cabinet. Figures.

"It's not even a real country. The US. It's a fake country. Queen Elisabeth took over. Trust me. She did."

So can we just say the Republican Party turned into the Communist Party? And that The Netherlands are second, right after the United Kingdom?

Lonello, if I remember correctly, the Ohio state stabber was from Somalia,

Republicans turned Communist? Hmm? That's Confusing. I thought Republicans are for less gov't, and Communist is for total gov't control? 

I support the Wall in Mexico. Drugs and illegal immigrants are pouring in from our Southern Border, and we need to stop it.

Hillary in Jail sounds pretty good.

All I have to say is U.S. first.

Fairway, presidents don't make laws.  Congress makes the laws, the courts interpret the laws, and the president enforces the laws.  This is basic civics.  A year ago you probably agreed with Republicans that it was unconstitutional for Obama to make his executive orders on immigration, right?  The courts did rule against him, just as they are now ruling against Trump.  They said that it is Congress, not the president, that has the power to change immigration law.     

I'm sorry, I was typing this at 5:00 in the morning because I couldn't sleep and probably wasn't thinking too clearly.

I know how the process works. You are correct it's basic civics,, I actually "learned" it 2 months ago in my 7th grade civics class, although I already knew it.

If you want proof then I can tell you how the whole system works.

Either the Senate or the House initializes a bill. The bill, once created, must pass both houses with 50% vote (majority) in both houses. Then it goes to the president. If the President signs it then it becomes law. If the President vetoes it than it goes back to Congress, which must pass it by 2/3rds vote to become law and override the President's veto. Then we have Checks and balances which means that each branch checks or limits the power of the other and the SUpreme Court can do this by declaring laws unconstitutional, the Congress can do it by overriding Pres. veteoes, and the Pres. can do it by of course vetoing laws Congress proposes (Bills)

Trump's immigration "ban" is an executive order.

Fairway the rule of the forum is simple. If you say something you had better be able to defend it. Lo and The Prof just took you down and it is best for you to stay on the mat as you are out of your depth. I know you want to participate, but sometimes you overshare just as I do. I take my lashes when I have them coming. Executive Orders are not laws. We don't live in a dictatorship yet and they are subject to judicial review. This one was unconstitutional. You're just going to have to accept that. This is not the way our country works. Trump is not a king, emperor or god. The man has many failings. He simply can't see anything but greatness when he looks in the mirror. He surrounds himself with sycophants.

At your age just play games, go to school, make friends and have fun. Illegal immigrants are not coming for your job and terrorists are not flooding into this country.

I can defend my words if you give me time. I'm sorry for the law/executive order typo/being tired not thinking...

Trump's immigration executive order is NOT unconstitutional. It clearly says a President can issue an executive order, 8 U.S. code 1182, right?

@Prof I'm not sure, I don't think it was unconstitutional, just a poor policy that they were against (Conservatives)

#34 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 908 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:09 PM

Robart went far beyond that rather narrow question of law, finding that the entire order is likely unconstitutional, presumably because it is irrational and motivated by unlawful anti-Muslim animus.

Robart recognized that it is not just the ban’s immediate application to immigrants in transit that violates the Constitution; it is the ban as a whole. Even if the administration were to somehow execute the ban in a way that respects its targets’ due-process rights, it would still run afoul of basic equal protection and First Amendment principles.

What they teach you in school has very little to do with how thing really work. The key was you said the judge was psychotic and that he should be stripped of his position.

It was a Muslim ban. Anyone calling it something else is just trying to spin this for what it is. You cannot ban terror. You cannot fight a war on terror. All the government has managed to do is infringe on the personal rights to privacy. 

We have become the bad guys Fairway. A wall along the border to stop the Mexicans from pouring in is not real. It is propaganda by the Trump administration. We are number 1 only because we have the biggest military ever assembled on this planet and we are spending another 650 billion this year and that is without cost overruns.

In my opinion we live in a military dictatorship and a police state. The War of Drugs is killing entire generations and the cost of incarceration is unheard of in the real world. Colorado made marijuana legal and the world didn't end. Now it's legal in California, Washington, Oregon and DC and forgive me if I missed a state. The heroin epidemic that is claimed to exist can only be solved by treatment and a war on poverty and not a war on drugs. More police won't make us safer. Of course we will do the opposite.

You thought the Republicans were for smaller government why? Because they say so and again it is just propaganda. In practice they spend just as much or more and Trump knows we cannot afford the wall. 

If you google it

Which party spends more? You get this:

While it is a great sound bite, the facts show that the Republican “tax and spend” rhetoric about Democrats is not based on the facts. The facts do show that it takes a Democratic President to control and reduce spending. The truth is that the Republicans are the party of “borrow and spend”.

Unless you listen to Trump who uses "alternative facts."

Edited by queenbee1, 08 February 2017 - 10:28 PM.

#35 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,211 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:58 PM

Robart went far beyond that rather narrow question of law, finding that the entire order is likely unconstitutional, presumably because it is irrational and motivated by unlawful anti-Muslim animus.

Robart recognized that it is not just the ban’s immediate application to immigrants in transit that violates the Constitution; it is the ban as a whole. Even if the administration were to somehow execute the ban in a way that respects its targets’ due-process rights, it would still run afoul of basic equal protection and First Amendment principles.

What they teach you in school has very little to do with how thing really work. The key was you said the judge was psychotic and that he should be stripped of his position.

It was a Muslim ban. Anyone calling it something else is just trying to spin this for what it is. You cannot ban terror. You cannot fight a war on terror. All the government has managed to do is infringe on the personal rights to privacy. 

We have become the bad guys Fairway. A wall along the border to stop the Mexicans from pouring in is not real. It is propaganda by the Trump administration. We are number 1 only because we have the biggest military ever assembled on this planet and we are spending another 650 billion this year and that is without cost overruns.

In my opinion we live in a military dictatorship and a police state. The War of Drugs is killing entire generations and the cost of incarceration is unheard of in the real world. Colorado made marijuana legal and the world didn't end. Now it's legal in California, Washington, Oregon and DC and forgive me if I missed a state. The heroin epidemic that is claimed to exist can only be solved by treatment and a war on poverty and not a war on drugs. More police won't make us safer. Of course we will do the opposite.

You thought the Republicans were for smaller government why? Because they say so and again it is just propaganda. In practice they spend just as much or more and Trump knows we cannot afford the wall. 

If you google it

Which party spends more? You get this:

While it is a great sound bite, the facts show that the Republican “tax and spend” rhetoric about Democrats is not based on the facts. The facts do show that it takes a Democratic President to control and reduce spending. The truth is that the Republicans are the party of “borrow and spend”.

Unless you listen to Trump who uses "alternative facts."

It is most certainly not motivated from racism, at least how I see it, and why I support it.

It's not even a Muslim ban. I don't know why people /(media) keep calling it that. It's a travel ban from 7 countries. As far as my geography knowledge goes (which is my weakest subject) I think there are Muslims living outside of those countries.

And I still stand by my words that the judge should be impeached.

"It is a Muslim ban" Please help me understand this. Are all the muslims in the world affected by this? no. Are Muslims the ONLY people affected by this? No.   .....  Huh???

You can certainly fight a war with terror, by sending in troops to destroy ISIS.

I only see police protection people... a police state, sound's like they're bad. Police are good. They keep order in communities.

A military dictatorship? This is just crazy, what??

"You thought Republicans are for smaller gov't".... Let me clarify. I'm a Conservative before Republican. So if the Republicans become for larger gov't then I will no longer classify myself as Republican. This is what I's trying to explain to Lonello when he asked me why am I going for Trump if I went for McCain and Romney and they don't support him? I'm not an establishment Republican. I'm a Conservative. Therefore I always pick the more Conservative candidate.McCain, Romney, and Trump all fit that Mold, although I'll say I was most enthusiastic about Trump than the other 2.

I know they did approve the "wall" a long time ago but It never got started,  do they still have the fund for that? If so we don't have to spend a penny. If not then the wall is estimated to be 7-25 billion $ at the very most.  Do the math-- that's approximately 1/400th of the debt Obama accumulated while in office... using the 25$ billion estimate. 

As for your googling, what source is that cited by? One with a half-decent reputation? Of course that excludes NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, ect, all the bias ones.

#36 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:30 PM

Trump has repeatedly called it a Muslim ban on the campaign trail.

You do realize a police state is a nation with a totalitarian leader (i.e. a military dictator) right?

Also if you are a fiscal conservative, surely you realize that wars are expensive. The Iraq War cost nearly 2 trillion dollars, 20 percent of the national debt at the time. How is another ground war conservative?

3 - 0

#37 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,211 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:35 PM

Trump has repeatedly called it a Muslim ban on the campaign trail.

You do realize a police state is a nation with a totalitarian leader (i.e. a military dictator) right?

Also if you are a fiscal conservative, surely you realize that wars are expensive. The Iraq War cost nearly 2 trillion dollars, 20 percent of the national debt at the time. How is another ground war conservative?

Examples of this? Video? I need confirmation.

Yes, that's why I was so confused. We are not living in a dictatorship.

We need to get rid of ISIS and that is worth the money we would spend doing it, IMO. You say to keep doing drone strikes, those are nearly useless. The little amount of money spent on that adds up to a lot which we could use for a war effort against ISIS.

#38 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 908 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:43 PM

How do you kill ISIS? That is like taking out all the gangs in LA and Chicago. You cannot take the real terror that is gang violence down with Tanks and bombs in Syria or anywhere else in the ME.

#39 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:54 PM

https://www.theguard...ng-the-us-video

3 - 0

#40 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,211 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:14 AM

How do you kill ISIS? That is like taking out all the gangs in LA and Chicago. You cannot take the real terror that is gang violence down with Tanks and bombs in Syria or anywhere else in the ME.

Go in Syria and where ISIS is and annihilate them... just send in ground troops.. Of course you probably won't kill them all but to greatly reduce their numbers so much that they are not a present threat is good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users