Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,124 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

And now there's also a man with a tinfoiled hat driving to Mars. True story: 

A Starman sitting in a tin car is currently navigating towards Mars, soundtracked by David Bowie.

9cb48a0074e9ab6f0eb90f63d39b3b4b4eedc8fa

https://www.theguard...rs-falcon-heavy

Lo

#142 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted A week ago

Recent studies show solar energy can provide for 100% of our energy needs and it'll only cost you 2 cents a unit (I'm now paying 18 myself). Batteries ofcourse can be (and must be) recycled so there's no loss of metals. I agree they should stop mining on these hard places for environmental protection, and simply use what we've got already, which is plenty on a bargain... it will simply turn a little bit more expensive then. Here's the graph to proove it (line low means you've got your metals almost for nothing).

DU0afvDU0AAO6es.jpg

Hiho, Lonello!

Our neighbor has solar panels...we have just moved in to a new home. There have been many discussions about solar energy for decades, and yet it seems that energy companies would like to keep this discussion buried. As you are further to the North of us, what is your experience with the collection of energy during late Fall and Winter season. Do you see any drop in collectivity of solar resource? Have you experienced the phenomena of when the "energy usage gauge" (that which measures electrical usuage and allows the electric company to calculate its billing) goes in reverse because you have collected enough energy to override the supply collected from the electrical company? Was it a very expensive venture to prepare and install solar paneling?

Finally, I agree with you that we must collectively set out on a course to minimize our use of perishable resources in lieu of recyclable materials. Elon Musk sent the world's most powerful rocket into space in the hopes that we may be a step closer to exploration of the planet Mars. I think we need to spend much more time, effort, money, and education on protecting planet Earth and explore more effective options for the preservation of our natural resources.

I know what I would like to ask you about specifically for myself: what should I look for in a company providing solar paneling for a home, what are important questions I should be prepared to ask, and do you feel that the investment return is something over a lengthy period of time or more immediate? (We may agree that the investment in protecting our world is simply urgent).

KMC

Edited by KissMyCookie, A week ago.

• Don_Homer likes this

#143 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,124 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted A week ago

You asked me in PM but I have no advise to give on such specific matters... it's micro while I only know macro. It's dependant on the place where you live and even the way the construction is, etc.

What on macro-level should happen is Trump and my own cabinet start distributing electric heaters to the public and move the level of solar energy up from the 2% it is now to 100%. A big opportunity is coming with the enormous crisis we're heading. We've passed the point of no return. Never let a great crisis go to waste is what Einstein said. So, soon with ancient currencies like the dollar worth nothing, we need to make a big step into the future. There are a couple of books written about this spectacle, and they're aiming at this period: 2018-2020...

• Don_Homer likes this
Lo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users