#61 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,063 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:00 AM

Lo, I think we agree on some things. For example your uncle, it sounds, knew the truth of some things that have happened over here in the past 25 years. What we disagree most on is 'then' and 'than', my friend. ;)
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#62 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 943 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:38 PM

Lo and others I don't think we should beat up on Gary. He believes what he believes and I for one am not going to change his mind. More power to him I say for standing his ground. I have nothing left to fight for. I will be dead before the seas cover the land and I am already on Medicare so I don't have to fight for socialized medicine either. Gay marriage is the law of the land and I don't care as I will never get married. No kids so I don't care about the rising cost of education. So to hell with the world. I will pay my taxes and be happy. I feel so liberated that I think I will post something happy or confusing in the Consciousness Topic.

I inferred the Lo, myself and others were somehow "beating up" on Gary and that was wrong. My apologies to anyone who read this. The fact is I was surrendering to the fact that the political powers will not change as fast as I would like them to. 

"They" were not doing anything and Gary can stand up for himself. It was a weak attempt at reconciliation for my own anxiety about the future of this planet when I realized this doesn't matter to me anymore.

#63 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

I think we agree the Constitution is a lovely thing. So are the artifical womb and Ron Paul. That all comes together in Science, thus in Global Climate Change.

And we also both love The Donald's bragadiccio.

What we disagree most on is 'then' and 'than', my friend. ;)

Well, important people, very important, trust me, very important people from within MT are telling me the then has to do with time, Gary, and it's if... then.... Then the than has to do with more, Gary, so it's bigger than. Trust me, it is... I've got a special note stuck onto my desktopscreen that says so; fantastic note that is, believe me. It's huge. So you better confer to my MT-collegue about it thEn, Gary. You should. That would be terrific. It'd be actually amazing rather thAn splendid, really. Trust me. It would.

Lo

#64 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,882 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:18 PM

... anyway in english every voyel is pronounced the same "i" for example in sentence like " busy women be big image" you can see that all voyels are present and they are all pronounced the same ... so then or than is a minor detail ...😊

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#65 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:01 AM

If human kind starts to build cities like New Delhi here all is lost. Not ONE tree!

DCiysF8VoAAHQc5.jpg

Lo

#66 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 943 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

On Netflix there is a half hour program with Bill (the science guy) Nye called Bill Nye Saves the World. If you have any interest in the science of global climate change it's only 30 minutes. Better than watching a sitcom and you might learn something. Global warming is real, but what do I care? By the time people have to migrate from the coast and food shortages start riots I will be taking a dirt nap.

#67 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,240 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:00 PM

The Daily Wire just published a poll with this data:

A poll with 1200 millennial participants who believe that Climate Change is the single most important issue in politics was conducted

When asked how much they personally would be willing to give per year to help fight climate change, 60% said they would not give more than 10 dollars, and 82% said they would not give more than 100 dollars..

I'm willing to pay 100 dollars a year for this site to keep running and have updates (so badly needed!). So why can't 60% of millennials spare 80 cents a month to fight the "single most important issue in politics"?

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#68 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,709 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:42 AM

By the time people have to migrate from the coast and food shortages start riots I will be taking a dirt nap.

Yes but you don't need to think of just yourself, Queenbee. That's not the holy spirit.

Eat less hamburgers. Drive electric. Do it for Fairway's children.

Lo

#69 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 943 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:36 PM

Thank you Lo for reminding me not to think it is all just about me. I make these statements in frustration. It's moment when I am saying "I can see it. Why can't you?" It makes me sad the wildlife that is being displaced and if we have the tech imagine all the jobs we could have in green energy as opposed to oil and coal. Natural gas is cleaner, but it still warms the earth. The sun and wind give us all the energy we need now that technology has caught up. I would prefer nuclear over the burning of fossil fuels. There simply is rational argument left to defend the burning of fossil fuels.

#70 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,154 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hang on to those fossil fuels - and you never know what technology might arrive which makes us think 'I wish we hadn't needlessly wasted those cheeky fossil fuels - and attacked our atmosphere'. Maybe if the pace of change is slow enough we would have a chance to evolve to handle the new atmosphere we create. Or maybe we destroy it so quickly that the Carbon Slug finally takes over the world.

#71 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 943 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 4 weeks ago

I worry less about humans and more about the other species whose habitats are lost. I believe that global climate change is affected by humans burning fossil fuel and it could be a terrible legacy we are handing off to the children. 

The fossil fuel industry will either change due to market forces or it won't. The science doesn't matter anymore. Truth is cheap in the Age of Donald J. Trump. Social networking drives the world. Not science. So I will not be the harbinger of TEOTWAWKI. The popular opinion is to pretend it doesn't matter, so I will.

#72 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 943 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 2 weeks ago

When a man like Trump or anyone else claims that climate change is a hoax I wonder why do they deny scientific data and who do they think stand to gain from perpetuating this as a hoax. It just don't make any sense to me. Just like the fact that Trump is in the White House and continues to embarrass the country. He acts like a spoiled brat who says whatever comes to mind and his followers seem to be in a trance that is cult like. If he told them to drink poison because it would be better for America they would do it without question. Why do these people continue to vote against their own best interest is beyond me. Nothing Trump has done offers anything for the common man. I guess the good thing is he hasn't really done much of anything. Where is that great healthcare plan that he said he had? Where are the jobs that have been replaced forever by tech? Where is the wall that won't stop anyone who is desperate to get into this country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users