queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 17 April 2016 - 02:38 AM

1. Who is going to win Masters Division 1?
2. Why did Laughing disappear from the leaderboards?
3. Stratego - does it ruin or enrich your life?
4. What's the highest unit you'd happily lose to discover a marshal, at an even and early stage of the game?
5. Why have there been so few drinks ordered in this cafe? 

We need questions and answers to have a conversation? Theo give me some a shot of Johnny Walker Black straight up. Make that a double.  ;) 

There is a Master's division? Who knew? I have no idea, but, I'll go with Nortrom if he is playing. I assume this is an invite tournament only.

As for Laughing I don't even know what that is about. I don't really keep up with the Stratego news.

Stratego is a good memory tool for me. Sometimes I get stuck in a game and don't know when to quit. Then today I offered someone a Draw and he said no way. He lost and I lost time. Do you ever wonder where it all goes? I watched a movie called "Lucy" and it draws some conclusions about time.

I don't worry as much about the Marshal and the General and I would give up a Captain.

My big question that I posed to the complaint topics is why aren't people complaining to customer care. That is what they are there for. Send them all your complaints about the bad actors here. Maybe if they got a hundred emails they might fix something. Complaining on the forum is a waste of your time, but it's your time so have at it.

The world is changing and going greener. Europe is far ahead of the US. China and India are still far behind us. Does anyone have a scientific point of no return? When we cannot stop Global Warming or Climate change or whatever you want to call or deny it.

What will be so bad about Hillary as POTUS? It's getting less certain as Bernie keeps winning. I don't really care as long as Cruz and Trump continue on the path they are on they are on. Who is the bigger clown. I don't think we have good choices in politics anymore. Just less bad ones. Bernie's rhetoric is tiresome. When he first came on the scene I liked him and now not so much. How much better can Trump's America be? He just makes things up as he goes along. I just can't watch it anymore. Don't care like I used to. I already think it's a great place to live. I just don't want a nut like Cruz running things. 

Has anyone else noticed that the peak numbers and night time numbers of players are dropping? If the owners of Stratego don't mind losing money the game will always be here, but that's a big if. 

Theo I am buying a round for the house as long as there is still one standing.

Edited by queenbee1, 17 April 2016 - 04:49 AM.

• TheOptician likes this

#42 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:39 AM

Yo,

I thought it was exciting,.....celebrating carnival in Rio with babes.

But forget that,....cuz' nothing can compare with Theo's cafe!  :D

Here I can rap about my favourite sport so I need no escape

when I'm hunting for Stratego-fish, no burrito's today

so gimme Captain Disney,...or at least keep the genecodes in place

cuz' when I hunt for fish, I rather eat his kid so I guess we're findin' Nemo this way!

Nothing is more fun than to slaughter noobs,....just like mosquitoes you face.

They fall so easy and you keep goin' up like a ski tow, it's great!  :D

You know,....startin' a new account, never lose and you block 'm off like a veto in trades.

Isn't it lovely? Yes, tiny fish can't cope with shark swimming suits,...Speedo's the name

and when you're at game fifty,....

yes, you get insane, dizzy

and suddenly your brain's missin'...

the skills to cope cuz' now it's not the same, is it?

The game's different, they play tricky.

The main difference? They stay busy!

Platinum players can be a nightmare, the greats tricked me.

Suddenly I was the fish again so they ate Trickzy!  :(

No worldcup for me,...

I pretend to be a shark but I'm just like Nemo, I'm rather small.

I was busted,...I was goin' down, Niagara....like WATER FALLs!

And yes, this game should be olympic,...although no medals for me.

You wanna know the reason for that? It's simple,...cuz' my level is weak!  :D

That's why I don't battle in leagues,...cuz' I'm just part of the cattle you see.

Cuz I'm that guy who takes a col with the gen and then faces a baffelin' spree,...

of being a gen down 'n two lieuts so he simply overpowers with the rebels he needs.

Lame shows,...

But yeah, that's how the game goes.

Insane growth,...

only privileged for the best and they play dope!

By the way, the spy is definitely a transgender and why is this?

Cuz' if the marsh walks in HER lane, he becomes the spy HIS B...! :D  

He's gettin' F...by his giant D....

so he can retire with his sport just like Kobe Bryan did.

And yes, I'm the S...!  B)

Many greetz and bye from Trickz! ;)

Edited by trickz, 17 April 2016 - 11:46 AM.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#43 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,898 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:41 AM

Trickz quoted! UGH!

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#44 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,144 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:26 PM

Well he didn't exactly quote much other than the name, so he gets a pass. Plus I liked his rhyme or whatever he calls it. Send those complaints to Customer Care. Send them all. Bury them in complaints of disconnects, abusive behavior and failure to accept draws. The more the merrier. Theo set me up with another shot as it must be 5:00 somewhere.

#45 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,898 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:38 PM

He edited it, it used to contain the whole original post explaining the topic (by TheO)

@Queen

#46 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,144 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:13 AM

Well let's give him credit for going back and editing it. Rules were made to be broken. If everyone followed the rules we would all be obedient robots. Trickz is fun for the forum. I love his raps if that is what he is going for.

In real life I don't drink, but I'd like this round to be Jack Daniels.

#47 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:47 PM

Yo,

Fairway is right,....I did quote him, it's a disaster you know!

I couldn't even delete it completely,...must be cuz' I'm the master of quotes!  :D

I'm rappin' it dope,...

and the more I booze, the faster I flow

so gimme five Jack D's, the brand in this zone

and I will dance on the table with my fans in a row...

and if nobody wants, fine,...then it's the Robyn-style, to Dance on my Own!  ;)

And yes Queen, it's true, believe it good...

The only purpose I have is to entertain, it's a Kind Of Magic so read it through!  ;)

The modern version of Bohemian Rhapsody,

I'm Going Slightly Mad when I seek for grooves

just like the entertainin' rage on the channel when you see The Duke!  :D

When I'm drunk, I'm drunk....so I surely don't pretend to be sober.

We'll be quotin' all night and laughin' with it, yes rules are ment to be broken! :D 

Buuuuuuuuurp, hik,.......booze the night away, chillin' habits

By the way, next round's on me so fill the glasses!  B)

#48 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,239 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:39 AM

Thanks to everyone who has bought drinks recently. Business is on the up. By the way, we have live music here on Wednesday evenings.

Queen, you asked about the scientific point of no return regarding climate change. I'm just wondering if you've seen 'Cowspiracy'? (It's on Netflix)

#49 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,144 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:59 PM

'Cowspiracy' a whole lot of hot air.  :P Actually I do remember them measuring the methane on farms, but back then I didn't understand what it was all about. I spent most of my life grinding it out so when the day came to retire, I could. I just didn't think it would be so soon. Since I have Netflix it's easy to watch and see if I am interested. Yes I am one of those who pays for Netflix and doesn't get their password and log in from friends. So many documentaries to choose from. I think Elon Musk and others like him will save us from ourselves. Busy little drones buzzing back and forth never thinking of the past or the future. I am very cognizant of buying energy saver appliances. I am going to buy an electric car. I don't care about the old muscle cars and have you seen how fast a Tesla S will go from 0-60?

I looked at the map of electric car stations throughout the US, Europe and China and you don't have to worry about "range anxiety" anymore. I don't drive 50 miles much less 1000 miles from NYC to Orlando. American's love affair with the ICE cars will be over sooner than your kids die. Wind farms already make up about 50% of Denmark's electricity, but they are a small country and perfectly located for it. Then there are the new fusion reactors like ITER coming.

One day the "gas station" will be something we look at in a museum. I have said this before, but 100 years ago we were still riding horses. Trains were the next great idea and they still are very important in Europe and NE United States. However the US infrastructure is old and in decay. No one wants to pay to fix it.

Tech will take over so many jobs that I worry about the economy absorbing all these people who will become irrelevant. Some of you are going to college and you better look ahead 20 years as the world will be very different. We don't need the IRS in the form that it is and the law can be streamlined too saving billions. Already computers are vital to healthcare. 

60 minutes did an episode last week that Riker's Island has 4000 mentally ill people in jail. That is embarrassing. We put the sick in jail now because mental health doesn't get votes and being tough on crime does. Decriminalizing drugs will be done for economic reasons as we can't afford to house the 2 million people we already have in jails.

Another thing I noticed that is very Stratego.com related. We seem to be bleeding players. I remember when I could log in and there were 600+ players and at 7:00pm EDT there are just under 300. Late at night it is numbers in the 160-180 range. Why? Is it seasonal?

Edited by queenbee1, 20 April 2016 - 12:42 AM.

#50 pleaseletmewin1

pleaseletmewin1

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:45 AM

queenbee1 What you have written is very depressing and it seems to me you believe the world is a mess and getting more messy by the minute.Now you can look at things in a brutal, truthful way that's depressing, or you can screw around and have fun. To do that you must first STOP watching Netflix Documentaries, forget you ever heard the name Elon Musk. Once that is done immediately go out and buy a 1968 Plymouth Road  Runner Hemi. Once you feel the power of this 425-horsepower, 426-cubic inch Hemi V-8 engine you won't give hoot about old and decaying infrastructure because you'll be going to fast to see it. The IRS ha let them try to find you on the open road, Gas station going the way of the dodo bird. Tech jobs taking over, don't worry there will always be someone there to pump that beast of a car full of good old gasoline. Mentally ill people, what mentally ill people because you'll be as crazy as they are after all the things you do and people you meet across this great country. Like stopping at a roadside diner and ordering the special not know what it is or if you will survive it and then going to a  bar getting slap happy drunk all the while trying to kill what you ate at that diner with god only knows what, maybe moon shine, waking up in some strangers bed just hoping you can get dressed an out the door before  they come to. Drugs, well you'll be needing pharmaceutical grade painkillers to deal with that monster of a hangover and I guess buying them from drug dealer is the quickest way to do it but you won't have to worry about old Smokey because even if he sees you buying,  there ain't know way he's going to catch you, hell you might as well get yourself a CB radio and go by the name Bandit Just don't go picking up some hitchhiker because there are only two types of them. Drug addicted nut jobs who will take your money, clothes, drugs ( for that monster hangover) and car. Leaving you standing in the middle of know where in you underwear. 2 Psychopathic killer  Who will take your money, clothes, drugs (again for that monster hangover) car and your life leaving you on the side of the road in your underwear. So to sum up drop your Netflix subscription. Buy a Muscle car, hit the open road, meet new people, take chances and live life to the fullest. Do that and you won't notice all the mess.   

Edited by pleaseletmewin1, 20 April 2016 - 06:52 AM.

#51 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,239 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:36 AM

Queen, from your response it is clear that you haven't watched cowspiracy. Yes cows produce methane, but the film centres on the amount of resources required to produce beef/dairy for humans, and the impact on the environment towards that end. I pay for Netflix too - let me know when you've seen it :)

#52 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:12 PM

Yo,

I'm back kids!  :)

So tell me,...why would you pay for Netflix?

It's just like methane,...that stinks so here's a fresh link!  :D

https://www.youtube....h?v=Yi5Xxe7mIvw

I rhyme it hot, I've got the fat spits, that's sick

and if you want free docs to watch, you better check this :

http://www.filmsfora...rg/walloffilms/

They won't get a penny from me cuz' each month, I already pay for the web big!

Hundred box down the drain to surf and to phone, bein' ripped off by those sad pigs!  :mellow:

The taxes are sky rocketin' in Belgium, it cleverly kills...

my money so I pay energy bills from here to Beverly Hills!  :rolleyes:

And why do I have to pay so much? It's the same question which got Kennedy killed.

Free energy is a universal right, Tesla knew and it made his enemies thrill...

with a lot of fear so they came with a 'remedy pil".

People have to pay forever for their energybills,

monopoly....so their companies will never be ill

and explain it to the people like :

"The emissions are too high, it's dead in the clouds!" 

Yeah right,...then charge the farmers and put a taxprice for the methane of cows!  :D

The Al Gore show,....damn, It's been a decade for now?!  :D

The Inconvenient Truth was epic and wow,...

the incountable lies he jammed in the script,...how pathetic this clown! ;)  

Yeah, I get it,...there is indeed global warming but it's not what they say it is.

It's crazy S....and it doesn't relate a bit to mother Earth and the state she's in,

to break her gifts?

The sun could, other large objects too and a gamma-radiation-blitz!  :D

Whatever the reason, maintain the bizz

so it's all just to cover and to protect,....yes, it's to safe the rich

and it makes me sick,...

99 percent is owned by the one percent, the trade's dismissed

and that's how the world works so I guess we pray for sins.  :D

#53 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,144 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:36 PM

What people who work for a living should be complaining about is the low pay. If you negotiate up front for what you want, then the taxes are paid by the employer. All money that is printed belongs to the government that printed it. While the rich get richer and the poor get poorer and those who labor worry more about taxes than salary. They constantly vote against their own best interests.

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Don't ask me what I want it for
If you don't want to pay some more

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes
And you're working for no one but me.
George Harrison

Edited by queenbee1, 21 April 2016 - 04:06 AM.

• GaryLShelton and Napoleon 1er like this

#54 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:46 PM

Yo,

I'm drinkin' Duvel, I'm in my settlement, cheers!  :D

Homebrew Belgium, it's an excellent beer!  ;)

It's so good, I get emotional, affectionate tears,

the perfection is near with this relevant beer,

the Belgi-an sphere

and comparing beers with animals, then Duvel's got the elephant ears!  B)

This beer is in his element, fear?

No, cuz' not a single beer in town can compete so no rebel is near!

This is the top, this level's severe....

out of reach

and only with Duvel in it your mouth is sweet,

so profound and deep

just like my rhymes as I bounce the schemes,

this round's on me,...........

Long live the booze and the drought is weak!  :D

duvel_0.png

Edited by trickz, 22 April 2016 - 08:48 PM.

#55 Walhall

Walhall

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:23 PM

I'll take a Duvel in a Ma├čkrug, if this is possible. trickz pays :D

#56 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,898 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:45 PM

Any more menu items?

#57 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,239 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:43 PM

Most of the staff at Theo's Cafe are away for a while as they have tickets to SpringTourn. Fairway has been left in charge of the menu in their absence.

#58 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,898 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:33 PM

After the summer break, the Cafe has been reopened, and more questions are on the menu!

1. When (and if) will Hielco break 1500 ELO?

2. Will Desert Oasis ever return?

3. Will Laughing ever reach the top 50 again?

4. Is Laughing the Same Person as WayBetterThanU?

5. What is your ELO goal to reach by the end of the year?

Edited by Fairway, 23 October 2016 - 10:25 PM.

#59 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:07 PM

1. When (and if) will Hielco break 1500 ELO?

Either 2019 or 2020

2. Will Desert Oasis ever return?

Is it possible he already has? To much pressure to come back under a name with such a powerful reputation could be a reason to start an alias nobody knows about. 

3. Will Laughing ever reach the top 50 again?

today he is 11 so....yes      http://imgur.com/a/1UoW7

4. Is Laughing the Same Person as WayBetterThanU?

yes

5. What is your ELO goal to reach by the end of the year?

Anything over my current top elo (933) would be better then nothing

• Fairway likes this

#60 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,898 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:35 AM

On laughing--- Wow, that was quick (lol) but I know he wasn't when I made the topic, so let's change it-- will laughing ever play himself enough to surpass Hielco?

Edited by Fairway, 23 October 2016 - 10:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users