Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:26 AM

Due to a high number of dropout the committee is adding the following games to the schedule:

astros vs General Rascal (1 - 0)

queenbee vs MTinsley

billonthego vs njphillips12 (1 - 0)

Gwynplaine vs 8oo8 (0 - 1)

robmatthews15 vs Gwynplaine (1 - 0)

njphillips12 vs Silent Slayer (0 - 1)

These games must be played by the end of Week 13. However, you are all strongly encouraged to play them before then.

The following games must be made up before the end of Week 13:

constrictor vs --Wogomite-- (0.5 - 0.5)

njphillips12 vs MTinsley

texaspete09 vs Gwynplaine (1 - 0)

Please read the additions 14d. and 14e. : http://forum.strateg...es-and-sign-up/

Thanks,

NASF Committee

3 - 0

#2 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:58 PM

astros defeats General Rascal

http://imgur.com/a/KzgSs

3 - 0

#3 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:07 PM

In a make-up game between Gwynplaine and 8oo8, the results of the match are in, but there has been some confusion as to the actual victor. Gwynplaine, a man with a pen and a need for words found himself befuddled by 8oo8–the man of very few words. In spite of a double infinity with the 8 odd 8, what should have been a discussion between two minds turned into a deadly one way conversation for Gwynplaine. Seeking satisfaction from the economic verbal expressions of 8oo8, Gwyplaine found no other choice but to attack with words, and they all failed. Captain for Captain, Colonel for Colonel, Marshal for Marshal, Gwynplaine found himself without words and was finally dejected enough to surrender at dawn. When 8oo8 was asked if he would accept surrender, he answered...

. . . (chirp, cricket, cricket, chirp...) . . .

8oo8 won the match.

–Gwynplaine

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#4 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:09 AM

This just in from the front–Gwynplaine has been sent to the back.

robmatthews15 and Gwynplaine did have a close match...no joking. At one point in the game, Gwynplaine was slightly ahead...one colonel to none, and misc. pieces...but the extraordinary skill of the master of mystery prevailed...

robmatthews15 won the match.

Gwynplaine is satisfied only in that, and if you would agree robmatthews15, that Gwynplaine did play a good match...just not strong enough to have won.

Thank you for a great game!  :D

–Gwynplaine

#5 MTinsley

MTinsley

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 295 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:18 AM

To njphillips12, queenbee1 and gwynplaine: I have been summoned to schedule a game with you three as soon as possible. I am usually available from 9PM eastern time every day.

#6 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:03 AM

Greetings, MTinsley! Fate has been very kind to me , indeed...you get but ONE chance to beat the heck out of me, and Astros confirms that that chance has already taken place; therefore, you and I will not have the pleasure during this tournament of playing against one another twice. You should confirm this with Astros.

As for your other scheduled make up matches? If I understand things correctly, any extra matches scheduled by the committee serve to balance the scales within the tournament ranks for those who were/had disqualified/dropped-out leaving gaps in how many matches each participant has played. (All players, I believe, must have at least 10 matches completed–I came in late as a replacement).

Thank you for including me in your post and good luck!

–Gwynplaine  :lol:

Edited by Gwynplaine, 12 November 2016 - 07:26 AM.

#7 njphillips12

njphillips12

Miner

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:53 AM

To njphillips12, queenbee1 and gwynplaine:

I have been summoned to schedule a game with you three as soon as possible. I am usually available from 9PM eastern time every day.

9:00 pm on Tuesday the 15th?
- N

#8 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:56 AM

@MTinsley

I love ya man, but I can't play at 9:00pm. My brain ceases to function after 7:00pm eastern I am available any day of the week if you can help a girl out. My playability is 2-7pm. I have something scheduled with 8oo8 on Monday and already forgot what time of course Thursday next week is a family day. However I don't travel during the holidays so I am available any other days. You can use me as an excuse to get out of Black Friday shopping.

Edited by queenbee1, 18 November 2016 - 02:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users