#301 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,917 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

You are essentially talking about creating online clubs (like the real-life clubs that already exist in Greece) and hosting an online Club Tournament in some form.

Except the clubs are not determined by location (as they have to be in real-life)

How would you suggest the Factions are created?

#302 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

Much debate needs to occur

But to answer you, Optician, I was thinking that you wouldn't have to live in the same country, just that the leader can recruit however they want essentially, since everyone can make a faction

And there would have to be a sub thread group for all the particular faction threads under Stratego Multiplayer 

#303 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:38 AM

Ep 47 of Road to Gold

https://youtu.be/Iv-II7_48xk

Thanks for all the support recently! :)

• ScottLafaro likes this

#304 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

Ep 48 of Road to Gold

https://youtu.be/raTawrrT3p4

Thanks for the support!

#305 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

Ep 49 of road to gold

https://youtu.be/C-ELct-YBEU

#306 ScottLafaro

ScottLafaro

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:17 PM

Tres delicieux!!! :D

thus spoke zarathustra

#307 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

Stream in 30 minutes

• Nortrom likes this

#308 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

Live now: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

Working Up Into Gold

#309 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:08 AM

Ep 50 bois

https://youtu.be/HQIOYMEDGp4

#310 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:55 AM

Im live now at my channel

• Fks likes this

#311 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 910 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:20 AM

Probably the best stream in the history of streams! everyone should check it out!

• Unladen Swallow likes this

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#312 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,691 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:44 PM

You should make a song out of it anyway, 25 likes or not..

This match was pretty hilarious, especially the endgame scenario , sorry Max  :rolleyes: 

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

-Fairway, December 2015

#313 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,691 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

This... this.. this stream.... is not good. lol

And... you do realize that Hopeless N00b is Unladen Swallow... right?

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

-Fairway, December 2015

#314 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:19 PM

This... this.. this stream.... is not good. lol

And... you do realize that Hopeless N00b is Unladen Swallow... right?

I didn't watch much of the stream.  He was mad yesterday like he bet his life savings on the Saints.  No fun watching when someone gets too angry/frustrated to play.  When you play bad, laugh it off and try to learn from the mistakes so you play better next time.

• groundbob likes this

My Youtube Stratego Channel: https://www.youtube....cGDvlZZkGbgq0LA

#315 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 910 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

I didn't watch much of the stream.  He was mad yesterday like he bet his life savings on the Saints.  No fun watching when someone gets too angry/frustrated to play.  When you play bad, laugh it off and try to learn from the mistakes so you play better next time.

I had also bet on saints... rip few hundred.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#316 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

Ep 51 of road to gold

https://www.youtube....7k0IMs-bE&t=25s

• Fairway likes this

#317 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

Thanks for all the support recently!

• Nortrom and Dobby125 like this

#318 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,691 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

Ep 51 of road to gold

Critques below: :)

2:10- He attacked it with the major , not because he called your bluff, but because he has a good piece behind the major. Don't waste the scout on the sergeant. Move it to the left, trade major, and scout the piece behind it. I would guess general, we'll see. 

2:50- Mistake, of course, here, blunder with the two squares. He is going to trade majors anyway. I would let him, attack scout with miner, and bring miner up to discover the piece that was behind the major.

3:20- Just trade majors! He's bringing up another piece, possibly marsh or gen, in an effort to trade majors, or perhaps take minor/gen, just trade and then retreat.

3:34- Yes, gen here. That was forseeable. He brought it down to pick up a quick minor. 

3:56- Anyone with 5k+ games and a win ratio below 51% is almost certainly going to be a blitzer of some sort, I wouldn't be too surprised to see the col there.

4:20- A bit of a premature trade. Bring up col behind the gen, then trade, and see if you can be aggressive with his major or trap it.

4:36- move marshal up, take col, see if he thinks its a bluff! Good opportunity here.

4:43- If he's going to run away, bring col up and threaten it with that, see if you can get back a sarge of leuy when he tries to see what it is.

5:15- Kind of an obvious bluff with his leuy, but you got a captain with the col (see 4:43!) so that's good!

7:30- Yes, very unfortunate here. He got lucky, but with your setup, it is fairly obvious that you have that there to guard the col, in this case he doesn't think it's a spy and he already knows your gen, so he's going to go at it. It could have been a bomb but with the lead he has it wouldn't really matter unless you got his spy.

8:00- He's giving you the chance to lotto, take it! See if you can pick up a 6 or so. You will need it, he has a 7 and 2 miner advantage.

8:30- No, bad idea! Don't trade when you are down. Lotto!!!

9:06- LOTTO!!!!! lol

9:30- He has a captain on the left and center. Lotto with your cap on the right, don't just give up! I don't understand why you won't lotto?! You will lose anyway.

• Dobby125, groundbob, Unladen Swallow and 2 others like this

-Fairway, December 2015

#319 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:32 AM

Ep 51 of road to gold

Don't be so negative when you get down a little bit.  That should be when the real fun starts.  That's when you get tested.  Just spend a little more time thinking before you move.  You were in pretty decent shape, even when you were down 2 miners and a sergeant.  You knew his colonel.  He didn't know yours.  You have to use that to your advantage.

4:45 You moved your marshal.  You moved it so fast, I guess you forgot that.  Your memory is almost as bad as mine.  :)  

7:30 Not sure why you got so mad when he exchanged marshals. You must have forgot that you moved that piece.  His only fear would be a spy at C3.  But your General was on the other side of the board and most players still keep their spy near their general.  So it wasn't much of a risk.  Plus he probably knew it was your marshal the way you defended the colonel.

7:43 Once the colonels were exchanged, you should have waited to move your remaining colonel.  This requires patience.  Lots of patience.  That's almost a dead giveaway when you do that.  Like when a person captures a spy and then moves their marshal on the next move.  Or when a marshal is revealed and you move your general on the next move.  Look at the pieces he moved after the colonels were exchanged... a scout and a spy.  He was looking for the colonel/unknown major or a decent piece to trap and didn't want to reveal his other high pieces.  You should have been mobilizing your majors.  Your biggest problem at the time was the captain at C4.  I don't think it was revealed, but if he had time, he should have tried to trap that piece.

8:16 I wouldn't have hit that spy.  I think top players, with very good memories, would have guessed it was the spy because it came from the position that was protecting the colonel and lieutenant and because of the game situation.  I would have kept on chasing the other piece because I would have captured the known lieutenant behind the lake.  That could have helped tip the game in your favor.  Then you could have tried to trap his captain(the piece you were chasing) with your colonel and major. 

The rest of the game:  Like Fairway said above: "Don't trade when you are down."  You made that choice to trade.  Your opponent gave you chances to get by him.  You didn't even try bluffing with a scout or spy to lure him away. 

I think if you just slow down, you'll play a lot better.  And when it's your turn, for every second you spend thinking about what to move, spend twice as much time thinking about what your opponent just did.  Just doing that should easily raise your ELO 200 points in no time. 

• Fairway, ScottLafaro, groundbob and 3 others like this

My Youtube Stratego Channel: https://www.youtube....cGDvlZZkGbgq0LA

#320 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

I am a meme