Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,552 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:38 PM

Stream Analysis:

8:30- If it's a major there then it's worth the risk for the info, but because it's a captain, it's not worth the chance. I would hit with a major instead of a colonel, imo losing a major, getting a captain, and finding the gen is worth it. You also have a major right behind the colonel, you could bluff the col and your marshal and take the captain with the major, he likely won't attack with general then.

9:30- I would bluff the sergeant to the left of your gen as the good piece and see if you can pick up any info.

10:35- Take the major!!! You are already down and I think there is a favorable chance it's not his marshal, not much to lose in that situation.

12:25- Stay put with major, that almost certainly something from scout to captain.

12:35- If you can avoid it, don't exchange in this situation, you are down, you need to earn pieces back before exchanging to have a fairly even endgame

13:00- Yep :)

13:15- Free major, lol, Just be prepared to run away with gen, that may actually be his marshal

14:05- I would consider that being up a capt and major is better than having one three, the capt and major can control 2 lanes in the endgame while the colonel can only control one.

14:17- Probably, but something seems a bit odd about it being the only pieces on that side. It might not be, so don't bet on it.

14:45- You have a very good chance to win right now. You're up 2 minors, a major, a captain, and a sergeant to his colonel. I watched the end of this game last night so I'm actually surprised to see how you will lose.

15:08- Don't do it.. you don't know the marshal for sure yet.

15:20- Too risky for a lieutenant, but at least your general wasn't captured.

15:30- I agree. Last column 3rd row back? You never see that among gold/silver players.

16:10- To the left with col, run miner back and hit the piece that chases it.

17:10- Be cautious moving that marshal up, it is known and you don't know what pieces he has.

17:23- Good idea

17:45- Also good idea, but be prepared for him to move up, then you need to move back with marshal

17:50- That was less than ideal, oh well, you are still up a lot

18:00- Horrible, horrible idea!! It's likely a trap..!!

19:20- If he knows both your marshal and general he can run free with his cols, therefore you being down a colonel will hurt you here

19:40- Two spaces behind your general is his last colonel. You need to put pressure on the front to avoid his colonel going on a rampage.

20:15- good call

20:25- Don't scout with miners, lol, they are very valuable in this situation, if he runs away from your miner go down to the back row and scout there.

20:40- Excellent call, your opponent really made that look like it could be his marshal

21:05- Sorry Max, but it was really obvious that was a scout. I don't think you can 2-square rule him there. You will probably lose your spy.

22:05- That piece on the right is not his one, but the one on the left likely is.

24:00- Not much you can do in that situation but move back.. you got unlucky

27:00- No reason it's not his three, no reason for him to bluff in this situation.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

-Fairway, December 2015

#285 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:57 PM

Stream Analysis:

8:30- If it's a major there then it's worth the risk for the info, but because it's a captain, it's not worth the chance. I would hit with a major instead of a colonel, imo losing a major, getting a captain, and finding the gen is worth it. You also have a major right behind the colonel, you could bluff the col and your marshal and take the captain with the major, he likely won't attack with general then.

9:30- I would bluff the sergeant to the left of your gen as the good piece and see if you can pick up any info.

10:35- Take the major!!! You are already down and I think there is a favorable chance it's not his marshal, not much to lose in that situation.

12:25- Stay put with major, that almost certainly something from scout to captain.

12:35- If you can avoid it, don't exchange in this situation, you are down, you need to earn pieces back before exchanging to have a fairly even endgame

13:00- Yep :)

13:15- Free major, lol, Just be prepared to run away with gen, that may actually be his marshal

14:05- I would consider that being up a capt and major is better than having one three, the capt and major can control 2 lanes in the endgame while the colonel can only control one.

14:17- Probably, but something seems a bit odd about it being the only pieces on that side. It might not be, so don't bet on it.

14:45- You have a very good chance to win right now. You're up 2 minors, a major, a captain, and a sergeant to his colonel. I watched the end of this game last night so I'm actually surprised to see how you will lose.

15:08- Don't do it.. you don't know the marshal for sure yet.

15:20- Too risky for a lieutenant, but at least your general wasn't captured.

15:30- I agree. Last column 3rd row back? You never see that among gold/silver players.

16:10- To the left with col, run miner back and hit the piece that chases it.

17:10- Be cautious moving that marshal up, it is known and you don't know what pieces he has.

17:23- Good idea

17:45- Also good idea, but be prepared for him to move up, then you need to move back with marshal

17:50- That was less than ideal, oh well, you are still up a lot

18:00- Horrible, horrible idea!! It's likely a trap..!!

19:20- If he knows both your marshal and general he can run free with his cols, therefore you being down a colonel will hurt you here

19:40- Two spaces behind your general is his last colonel. You need to put pressure on the front to avoid his colonel going on a rampage.

20:15- good call

20:25- Don't scout with miners, lol, they are very valuable in this situation, if he runs away from your miner go down to the back row and scout there.

20:40- Excellent call, your opponent really made that look like it could be his marshal

21:05- Sorry Max, but it was really obvious that was a scout. I don't think you can 2-square rule him there. You will probably lose your spy.

22:05- That piece on the right is not his one, but the one on the left likely is.

24:00- Not much you can do in that situation but move back.. you got unlucky

27:00- No reason it's not his three, no reason for him to bluff in this situation.

Dang

#286 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:10 PM

New set up vid 

https://youtu.be/zaawS3byPeM

#287 Nortrom

Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,563 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:24 PM

What's the "End of the year" video going to be about? :)

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#288 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

the 31st 

Its about the whole channel 

#289 Nortrom

Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,563 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:21 PM

I meant about, not out :),  fixed in previous message.

#290 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:26 PM

Basically what we did overall on the channel both content and growth wise 

• Nortrom likes this

#291 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:55 PM

This is the last video of the year

It isn't stratego, but it talks about how far we have come this year

https://www.youtube....US0Dxlepk&t=25s

#292 Nortrom

Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,563 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for your contribution this year. Looking forward to more :).

• Silverhammer likes this

#293 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

Ep 45 of the road to gold series

"A trip through lottoville"

https://youtu.be/k6AuR1rxmRw

Hope you enjoy!

• Dobby125, tobermoryx and Fks like this

#294 Nortrom

Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,563 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:40 PM

"Excuse the language" - Quote of 2018 :D

#295 Dobby125

Dobby125

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:09 PM

It's always shocking when the marshal gets revealed at the start of a game coming in for an attack.  You did a good job overcoming the major loss. 

Just slow down a little more when you move so you don't play sloppy.  Give yourself some time to think. Try to plan ahead, not just the next move.  And planning ahead takes time(it's OK to use some buffer time!).  Also remember that the players you are facing now will almost immediately lotto with their general when their marshal gets taken by a spy or if they hit a bomb. So prepare for that General attack. 

#296 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:47 PM

Here is ep 46 of the road to gold series

"The Fortress"

https://youtu.be/wlHcgTnROu8

#297 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:48 PM

It's always shocking when the marshal gets revealed at the start of a game coming in for an attack.  You did a good job overcoming the major loss. 

Just slow down a little more when you move so you don't play sloppy.  Give yourself some time to think. Try to plan ahead, not just the next move.  And planning ahead takes time(it's OK to use some buffer time!).  Also remember that the players you are facing now will almost immediately lotto with their general when their marshal gets taken by a spy or if they hit a bomb. So prepare for that General attack. 

Indeed, thanks for the support

#298 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:48 PM

"Excuse the language" - Quote of 2018 :D

You already know  :D

#299 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

New video talking about the factions

https://youtu.be/Ce7Psl1l7vg

#300 Wogomite

Wogomite

Sergeant

• NASF Committee
  • 312 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:22 PM

Great idea, my only thoughts are 100 people per faction are to many (maybe 20 would be better) and having players use accounts at their max elo (even top players) would typically only hurt a faction due to not having near as much potential to climb the ladder beyond where they already are. This would be fun though if we worked through the bugs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users