Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:55 AM

Hello everyone!

I have an update for you all. So, I just got the idea to do a video discussing different styles of setups. So, if you would like to feature one in one of my videos I would love to do that!

It would be really great to showcase setups from Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. If you would like to submit your name I would give you a shout out and a thank you, or if you would like to submit a setup to me and have me not mention your name in the video I could do that as well. Either way, the more the merrier. 

Also, I would really like to stream more consistently. I would like to put it to a vote with y'all for which day works better communally. Wednesday or Sunday. With Wednesday I can do it whenever, but Sunday may be limited to say 4 pm my time sometimes. 

Lastly, I would like to start a series where I bring on a guest subscriber to discuss what they were thinking while they were playing a game of theirs. What I mean: is a subscriber or whoever could record a game and then we can Skype call or something while watching the footage boths ends so you could express to the community what you were thinking while playing the game. This allows so you do not have to go through trouble of getting a YouTube channel started, and it allows you to express your ideas on the game. If you do not have a recording software, download OBS, message me and I will tell you how to get it setup. It is what I use, its super easy, and free. This is a special kind of video that would maybe happen once a month or so. 

Or if a fellow StratUber (Stratego YouTuber) would like to collaborate to make a video together that would be awesome as well. Again Wednesdays and Sundays work best for me! Let me know! I really want to bring this community up again. Not to say it is down, but we could all be having a lot more fun with it I think.

Let me know what you think!

Regards,

- Max (Silverhammer/Maxoscity)

• Nortrom and Sgt. Blkdog like this

#262 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:07 PM

Steaming tomorrow around 2 PM my time, so 8 PM or whatever GMT that is lol

• groundbob likes this

#263 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:31 PM

Streaming in 30 minutes

#264 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:02 PM

Live now

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

• groundbob likes this

#265 Nortrom

Nortrom

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,998 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:24 PM

Can't write on YT stream unfortunately as YT requires log in, but gl vs. sheffield united guy

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#266 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:24 PM

Thanks!

#267 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:30 PM

Can't write on YT stream unfortunately as YT requires log in, but gl vs. sheffield united guy

Just make an account... it doesn't take long

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#268 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:44 PM

ep 43 of road to gold: https://youtu.be/BFEE2daAdfU

• Fks likes this

#269 Fantasy

Fantasy

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:58 AM

Good to see you back dude  :)

• groundbob likes this

#270 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:33 PM

what are you thinking at 13:30? you sacrifice a captain and luey for no practical benefit whatsoever

then at endgame you could have thrown your major into a bomb/flag formation for free, but you chose to trade generals

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#271 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:00 PM

what are you thinking at 13:30? you sacrifice a captain and luey for no practical benefit whatsoever

then at endgame you could have thrown your major into a bomb/flag formation for free, but you chose to trade generals

It is excellent to see you commenting, US. I think it would be very beneficial to Silverhammer if you explained to him an alternate plan to his movements at 13:30 so he will have a better chance of understanding how this failed–what may appear as obvious to some players may still be elusive to others...even if that seems impossible.

Offering a few more precise comments to Silverhammer, particularly at a couple of chosen moments where the game could have been put on a path to his advantage, on how specifically (actual movements and strategy) that situation may have been improved via your observations, will undoubtedly serve to open up his field of vision and allow him more understanding of the game.

In fact, many of us here will benefit because you have developed, built, and now possess a highly skilled technique.

Thanks in advance!  :)

KMC

#272 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:00 AM

Shouting out all the Stratego Streamers/Uploaders

Check em out

https://www.youtube....h?v=yVREgEOQdTc

#273 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:56 PM

It is futile. I have tried it once, but this thread is just for Max to spam videolinks, not to discuss his games so he can actually learn something and get better and have a shot at Gold. I invested 30-60 minutes of my life to comment on one of his games, but it did not elicit a response or even a like.

• texaspete09 and Unladen Swallow like this

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#274 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:32 PM

I didn't realize that this was the "OuweSok Review Thread." It seems to me that Silverhammer may do as he pleases here (he did start this thread and even made it very clear that he was announcing his Youtube channel) and is under no obligation to do anything. Besides, how much he wants to learn, how much he really wants to reach gold, and how he does it is his business. In fact, he is very open and very nice about allowing all sorts of comments in this thread–Max is a fine young man.

Don't you already have a Youtube channel of your own where you spam your video-links? Isn't that enough for you?

#275 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:56 PM

This is not the OuweSok review thread and Max is a fine young man, but if you have a thread where you post videos about you playing, you should welcome reviews of your play with open arms and not with apathy and desinterest. That is just my opinion, man.

Anyone commenting in my thread will be listened and responded to, as I deem that to be normal social behaviour. On top of that, I have the opportunity to learn something from someone who is generous enough to spend time on my video and tell me where I played bad.

• texaspete09 and Unladen Swallow like this

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#276 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:51 PM

I, for one, have learned a lot just from reading your comments/feedback to these videos OuweSok. I can't speak for Max, but I wanted to let you know that at least someone appreciates it. And I do like watching your YouTube channel as well. :)

#277 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

More footage of me being a scrub

https://youtu.be/F1YPYfI5j6I

#278 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

5 tips for newer players

https://youtu.be/3JdAepLFoi8

#279 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

a few more tips i'll add:-

-don't trade mid-ranked pieces if you can almost certainly capture/trap the piece later. for example, find a bomb instead or find another valuable piece. 

-don't move more pieces than necessary

#280 CHLAPATSA 4U

CHLAPATSA 4U

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

Nice piece of advice

This really felt like a breath of fresh air for me; I am in a losing spree against fr#@%n lottoers...

I am actualy curious how more advanced players manage to tackle with this kind of playstyle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users