Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:05 PM

Hi,

yesterday I continued playing stratego after a long break. But my anti virus program always reports a message when I open the homepage. I made a screenshot but the file is too big to attach. The message means that the access to a certain suspicious file was denied and the file has been quarantined. Is there a virus on the homepage?

Frank

#2 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:46 PM

Hi,

I can assure you there is no virus on stratego.com. Your antivirus software is reporting a false positive.

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#3 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:51 PM

You sure about that? As the site won't load for me now - I get that circle of dots that goes round in a clockwise direction as if to say the page is loading, but nothing is happening. This is before I even get to the login screen...

#4 slowhand

slowhand

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:28 PM

The homepage spielspiele.de which I used to play stratego before is not longer working for me. The stratego log in window does never appear. Instead I used stratego.com in the last days but the same virus report shows up every time I go there. Directly before the log in window appears.

#5 TalonsHand

TalonsHand

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:04 PM

Forum Moderators.  ( I think I put this in the right place...)  

As info,  I am using Bitdefender and there are several urls which Bitdefender is blocking.    I adding the following to my whitelist which made the game work. 

www.stratego.com

game.stratego.com

gameapi.stratego.com

forum.stratego.com

Additionally I have submitted those urls to Bitdefender as false positives.   I spent an hour or two looking through the code and as I am sure you know it does not appear to be malicious.   I did though see a ref to a crossdomain.xml. which looks like a gaming anlaytics engine.   It is possible that the Antivirus software is complaining about that.  Once I get a reply back for the three AV samples I submitted I will post more.  

Two those who worry about a virus , you can submit a url or a sample file to Virustotal.com  VirusTotal is a website created by the Spanish security company Hispasec Sistemas. Launched in June 2004, it was acquired by Google Inc. in September 2012.[1][2]

VirusTotal aggregates many antivirus products and online scan engines[3][4] to check for viruses that the user's own antivirus may have missed, or to verify against any false positives.[5]

Whether your using Bitdefnder or some other AV software look for the whitelisting options from your vendor.  However always  Whitelist with care.  Make sure to check anything you do with Virus total.   If more than 3 or 4 AV solutions hit on a url or virus sample ,  I would strongly urge you do not whitelist.  

There are tools like Cuckoo sandbox you can run software in to analyze what it is doing.   However if your not a coder or Security analyst it might be too much effort. 

THE King is the most important piece on the board.  " The Queen said it was okay for me to say that"  

Edited by TalonsHand, 30 December 2016 - 05:07 PM.

#6 TalonsHand

TalonsHand

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:26 AM

Okay So Bit defender finally unblocked the website links

From: Bitdefender Support Center [mailto:bdsupport@tickets.bitdefender.com]
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 3:48 AM
To:
Subject: RE: [FP] [URL] Submission 2016123015460002

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your patience.

The analysis of the website has been completed. It was deemed clean and was unblocked.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any other inquiries in the future.

Have a great day.

Best regards,
Robert Iancu
Technical Support Engineer

BD.png
-------------------
http://www.bitdefender.com/support
http://forum.bitdefender.com
-------------------

On Thur, 12th Jan 2017 at 5:59 pm, Robert Iancu BD wrote:
Hi Philip,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are sorry for the delay of our answer and we hope to assist you in a timely fashion from now on. We would like to take advantage of this opportunity to convey our apologies in regards to the situation created. 

We have sent the website to our Virus Lab for analysis purposes and we will contact you with more information once this process has been successfully completed.

Have a great day.

Best regards,
Robert Iancu
Technical Support Engineer

BD.png
-------------------
-------------------

Bitdefender Awake
(#DGIAEUIRZWY9R99QCYNR5M)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users