GeneralBauer23

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:36 AM

Does anybody know how many users are registered on this website?

#2 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,074 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:48 AM

There are approx 600,000 accounts registered historically, with approx 2,000 registered in the forum.

#3 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

Does anyone have a rough estimate on how many actual different users there are not including alternate accounts. I typically see 300 to 600 on at any given time which I would say is relatively impressive to have those numbers continually. I wish there was a way to see exactly how many there was from each country and again, not including alternate accounts. I know unlikely to get accurate information on this but would be nice to know.

#4 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,074 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:06 PM

--Wogomite--,

This post is somewhat related to your question:  http://forum.strateg...ture/?hl=future

There are approx 7500 accounts ranked 300ELO or greater.

How many of these are aliases is anyone's guess - admin have no idea and as yet haven't expressed an indication that they want to know. If we estimate the average amount of accounts per unique user to be 2 (so 1 alias for every person) this would put my estimate at the number of regular multiplayer users (regular being arbitrarily defined as anyone at 300ELO or higher) in the region of 3750.

#5 QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:52 AM

A tip of the hat for the owners being totally anonymous, unreachable and unresponsive. Asking Mick a question is like typing a letter and tossing it in a shredder. It's not his fault that he doesn't care. There is no future for this game. It is the best it will ever be. The best thing for the forum is for the admins to resign en masse and only run tournaments. Just one topic that says if you have any complaints send them to customercare@stratego.com. Only hold tournaments that can be completed in 48 hours. Accommodating everyone's busy schedules makes a 16 person tournament last 6-8 weeks. Let people work their lives around tournaments and not tournaments around their lives. Set a start time and if they can't make it they forfeit. You could have a tournament every weekend, One in NASF and one for Europe. All Customer cared needs to do is block multiple accounts with the same IP address and have email verification. Do a clean sweep of the leaderboards.

Of course none of the above will happen.

• Bill0nStrateg0 likes this

Queenbee

#6 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:13 AM

A tip of the hat for the owners being totally anonymous, unreachable and unresponsive. Asking Mick a question is like typing a letter and tossing it in a shredder. It's not his fault that he doesn't care. There is no future for this game. It is the best it will ever be. The best thing for the forum is for the admins to resign en masse and only run tournaments. Just one topic that says if you have any complaints send them to customercare@stratego.com. Only hold tournaments that can be completed in 48 hours. Accommodating everyone's busy schedules makes a 16 person tournament last 6-8 weeks. Let people work their lives around tournaments and not tournaments around their lives. Set a start time and if they can't make it they forfeit. You could have a tournament every weekend, One in NASF and one for Europe. All Customer cared needs to do is block multiple accounts with the same IP address and have email verification. Do a clean sweep of the leaderboards.

Of course none of the above will happen.

Not really true. Mick does reply. He just doesnt come online that often.

I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

#7 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,672 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:48 AM

There is no future for this game. It is the best it will ever be. The best thing for the forum is for the admins to resign en masse and only run tournaments. Just one topic that says if you have any complaints send them to customercare@stratego.com

This last thing is indeed what MT recommends. We've changed policies accordingly to that a year ago, or more. The first thing is not true, at least, where the brand of Stratego is concerned. If I am seeing the numbers TheO comes with and the recent ignition of NASF then I'm sure the brand lives.

And b.t.w.: a clean sweep of the leaderboards is being done by Stratego-fans: http://forum.strateg...ranking/page-36 so that's the best way to go around it.

Lo

#8 MickM

MickM

sr. Game Artist

• Administrators
  • 337 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:39 AM

Not really true. Mick does reply. He just doesnt come online that often.

Sorry about that :)

Posted Image

#9 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,023 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

Only hold tournaments that can be completed in 48 hours. Accommodating everyone's busy schedules makes a 16 person tournament last 6-8 weeks. Let people work their lives around tournaments and not tournaments around their lives. Set a start time and if they can't make it they forfeit. You could have a tournament every weekend, One in NASF and one for Europe. 

I like this idea, Queen.  It would be nice to have a tournament with set game times and slots that had to be met or else.  If we did one for the two groups you say, there wouldn't be much problem with large differences in time.  I hope someone interested in holding a new kind of tournament will pick up this idea and run with it.  

I don't know about once a week, though.  That could get to be a bit much!   :)

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users