queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:36 PM

Tesla stock took a huge hit recently. Could this be the beginning of the end or just a correction? I see AI becoming more and more accepted in society. I believe that Silicon Valley is racing to be the first to find the perfect AI. The problem is perfect by whose definition? The politicians? The Courts? Public Opinion? Perhaps a combination of all of the above.

#63 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

Driverless cars are sooooooo 2016.

The future is already here.

Yes, it sure is, here: https://twitter.com/...810540231249920

Lo

#64 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

So this is all about the camerawork, cars not bumping into eachother. What about the ethics of these camera's? https://twitter.com/...832896604565505 Automatic cars going on automatic police-ing.

Really remarkable to watch this 2 minutes clip. This man went to China where there are now 170.000.000 camera's on but 400.000.000 more to come, and they're not the old-fashioned type... they also want to predict crime (Minority Report).

Zero privacy there so I applaud the Democracy we at least have over here. Or have we?

Lo

#65 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

Democracy is a catch phrase. We are all under the watchful eye of the government's intelligence services. No matter where you live you are under surveillance unless you are on a mountain or deep in a cave. Once they can trust AI with the information processing it will be able to recognize potential target based on high crime areas. Good? Bad? Indifferent? I would say that the majority are indifferent. However, one day facial recognition will be used in a crime that you can only prove you were at home sleeping with no witnesses and the camera doesn't lie does it?

However this is about ethics and who is going to trust a driverless car. I would gladly get in one without a moment of hesitation. Some people will still die as the AI cannot be programmed for every possible outcome, but I will the courts decide? The manufacturers must know that they are the deep pocket and people will sue them, but once we are all mainstream and idiots who are drunk can no longer drive the car related fatalities will drop precipitously. 

The real question is who do you trust? Uber, Tesla, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, GM? Or will we just dial up a car service and no longer need a car?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users