#21 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:06 AM

I have just finished watching "Deepwater Horizon." There is no excuse that humanity continues to drill offshore. Now that the technology exists to rid of the world of ICE cars and gasoline. Still, we continue to dig in the ground for dinosaur fuel.

Only 11 people died that fateful day, but the lasting impact on local businesses, the sea life, birds and humans cannot be measured. The spill went as far as the West coast of Florida. To continue to dig in the ocean for oil is unacceptable human behavior. In the end no one was held accountable except BP and Transocean. Our political leaders are still bought and paid for by the oil industry that permeates nearly all human existence. There is no need for offshore drilling. Something like this could happen again. 

Tim Urban is a writer whom I follow and his three part series on Elon Musk and Tesla is available or his website Waitbutwhy.com and on Audible.com. The only reason Tesla's are expensive is because they are ground breaking technology.

These 5 arguments slowed the electric car revolution — and they're all bogus

Edited by queenbee1, 31 December 2016 - 09:20 PM.

• The Spectre likes this

#22 The Spectre

The Spectre

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:57 PM

I have just finished watching "Deepwater Horizon." There is no excuse that humanity continues to drill offshore. Now that the technology exists to get rid of the world of ICE cars and gasoline. Still, we continue to dig in the ground for dinosaur fuel.

Only 11 people died that fateful day, but the lasting impact on local businesses, the sea life, birds and humans cannot be measured. The spill went as far as the West coast of Florida. To continue to dig in the ocean for oil is unacceptable human behavior. In the end no one was held accountable except BP and Transocean. Our political leaders are still bought and paid for by the oil industry that permeates nearly all human existence. There is no need for offshore drilling. Something like this could happen again. 

Tim Urban is a writer whom I follow and his three part series on Elon Musk and Tesla is available or his website Waitbutwhy.com and on Audible.com. The only reason Tesla's are expensive is because they are ground breaking technology.

These 5 arguments slowed the electric car revolution — and they're all bogus

I cant afford Tesla, but i can buy BMW I3 , lovely car but it is small car. I can use it  as an urban car.

#23 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:49 PM

I cant afford Tesla, but i can buy BMW I3 , lovely car but it is small car. I can use it  as an urban car.

Tesla will be coming out with a more affordable car for the masses next year for 35k. Direct to consumer and eliminate the dealership model in America. The range anxiety people have is not real considering that Tesla has helped build a national infrastructure of charging stations here, in China and in Europe. It's not just the car owner's love affair with ICE cars. It is the stranglehold of the oil and automobile industry on the markets. There is virtually no maintenance costs for electric cars and the reconditioning or replacement of the battery will be solved soon. Yes it is a giant balloon cost, but most people don't drive a car past the two or three year lease they sign.

• The Spectre likes this

#24 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:53 AM

The Tesla S has a package now that will virtually drive itself. I think it has nine cameras. However, the market is still buying ICE cars due to the resale value and range anxiety. Just give it a few more years. The map on this page shows the US is blanketed with charging stations all paid for by the stockholder and the top end buyers. Tesla charging station map. Don't do a zip code search. Just scroll down and you will see it. With over a 200 mile range there is just no way to run out of power.

• The Spectre likes this

#25 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:38 PM

Also BMW i3 is out with a 150 mile range and the 2017 Nissan Leaf is extending its range to 200 and others will follow the trend. I cannot claim anything until I buy one, but I would never consider buying an ICE again. My next car will be a Tesla 3. I try to be green as I can and my footprint is very small. As a retiree I drive about 180 miles a month and some drive that on a daily commute. Europe is way ahead of America in Public Transportation, but that is because gas is so cheap and also due to suburban sprawl. I am waiting to get a bid from Solar City on my home option.

• The Spectre likes this

#26 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:02 AM

Tesla is done:

C1Whq8vUcAAWoWc.jpg

• The Spectre likes this
Lo

#27 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:19 AM

Tesla is done:

C1Whq8vUcAAWoWc.jpg

Based on your opinion or some inside information? I told you to stop reading Zerohedge. They have been calling for a financial collapse since 2009. Seven years of gloom and doom and the market continues to rise. Tesla is at 224 I can short 1000 shares before the close on Friday if you know something. I can even buy some 12 month put option if you really believe it. I don't see anything that would make me think this stock is going to tank. A year ago it was at 151 and now at 226.

Edited by queenbee1, 06 January 2017 - 12:19 AM.

• The Spectre likes this

#28 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:28 PM

?? Zerohedge ?? You're obsessed with the guy, Queenbee. If you must know, I got it from this news bit below. Try reading that one! It's just the nice year lists you see all around nowadays for the entirity of 2016.

I have no interest in cars, Queenbee. That's your hobby, not mine. I'm going to rest with politics and financials, you do concsciousness and cars OK?

Aanschaf nieuwe personenauto's naar dieptepunt oto
Het aantal personenauto’s dat in 2016 nieuw werd aangeschaft, is het laagste in twintig jaar. Tegelijkertijd wisselden nog nooit zoveel tweedehands auto's van eigenaar.

In 2016 werden 383.000 nieuwe auto’s op kenteken gezet, meldt het Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek (CBS) vrijdag. Dat is 66.000 minder (15 procent) dan een jaar eerder.

Bijna twee miljoen gebruikte auto’s kregen het afgelopen jaar een nieuwe eigenaar. Het gaat om 5 procent meer dan in 2015, de hoogste stijging sinds 1996.

Vier op de vijf aangeschafte personenauto’s zijn nu tweedehands.

Brancheorganisatie BOVAG maakte eerder deze week bekend dat Volkswagen in 2016 het populairste automerk was in Nederland.

Hybride

Het aantal verkochte hybride auto’s daalde in 2016 naar dertigduizend voertuigen, een afname van maar liefst 46 procent ten opzichte van een jaar eerder. Dat heeft mogelijk te maken met de fiscale bijtelling voor hybride auto’s, die op 1 januari 2016 minder gunstig werd.

In het laatste kwartaal van 2016 kende de verkoop van hydride personenauto’s opnieuw een piek, vooral in de zakelijke markt. Op 1 januari 2017 is de fiscale bijtelling opnieuw aangepast.

Diesel

Aanmerkelijk minder consumenten kochten het afgelopen jaar een auto met dieselmotor. Was in 2015 nog bijna 30 procent van alle nieuw verkochte auto’s een diesel, vorig jaar was dat minder dan 20 procent.

Wel werden werden 22 procent meer vracht- en bestelauto’s en trekkers met oplegger verkocht. In totaal gaat het om ruim zeventigduizend bestelauto's en veertienduizend vrachtvoertuigen.

• The Spectre likes this
Lo

#29 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:13 PM

?? Zerohedge ?? You're obsessed with the guy, Queenbee. If you must know, I got it from this news bit below. Try reading that one! It's just the nice year lists you see all around nowadays for the entirity of 2016.

I have no interest in cars, Queenbee. That's your hobby, not mine. I'm going to rest with politics and financials, you do concsciousness and cars OK?

Aanschaf nieuwe personenauto's naar dieptepunt oto
Het aantal personenauto’s dat in 2016 nieuw werd aangeschaft, is het laagste in twintig jaar. Tegelijkertijd wisselden nog nooit zoveel tweedehands auto's van eigenaar.

In 2016 werden 383.000 nieuwe auto’s op kenteken gezet, meldt het Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek (CBS) vrijdag. Dat is 66.000 minder (15 procent) dan een jaar eerder.

Bijna twee miljoen gebruikte auto’s kregen het afgelopen jaar een nieuwe eigenaar. Het gaat om 5 procent meer dan in 2015, de hoogste stijging sinds 1996.

Vier op de vijf aangeschafte personenauto’s zijn nu tweedehands.

Brancheorganisatie BOVAG maakte eerder deze week bekend dat Volkswagen in 2016 het populairste automerk was in Nederland.

Hybride

Het aantal verkochte hybride auto’s daalde in 2016 naar dertigduizend voertuigen, een afname van maar liefst 46 procent ten opzichte van een jaar eerder. Dat heeft mogelijk te maken met de fiscale bijtelling voor hybride auto’s, die op 1 januari 2016 minder gunstig werd.

In het laatste kwartaal van 2016 kende de verkoop van hydride personenauto’s opnieuw een piek, vooral in de zakelijke markt. Op 1 januari 2017 is de fiscale bijtelling opnieuw aangepast.

Diesel

Aanmerkelijk minder consumenten kochten het afgelopen jaar een auto met dieselmotor. Was in 2015 nog bijna 30 procent van alle nieuw verkochte auto’s een diesel, vorig jaar was dat minder dan 20 procent.

Wel werden werden 22 procent meer vracht- en bestelauto’s en trekkers met oplegger verkocht. In totaal gaat het om ruim zeventigduizend bestelauto's en veertienduizend vrachtvoertuigen.

Cars are not a hobby for me. I drive an old car that I know will get me there and back again. Spectre the Tesla 3 will be in the same price range as the BMW i3 and it's coming out this year. Tesla knows electric cars better than anyone else. Nissan Leaf is also very affordable. I don't care which one people buy, it's just there will be a paradigm shift and we will all drive electric cars and cars that drive themselves within 10 years. Then men can sit around the bar and reminisce about the old ICE cars the went Vrrooom.

Edited by queenbee1, 07 January 2017 - 06:54 AM.

• The Spectre likes this

#30 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:06 AM

I saw the first TV show called "Bull" which is about a psycholgist's team that picks juries. The car ran over a tech and the show was dealing with the liability of a driverless car. Turned out that it was hacked by an inside executive for money. Nothing new there as Volkswagen did the same thing to beat emissions testing. Greed is a powerful motivator. What I can't understand is why one of the biggest corporations feels the need to cheat. This makes me assume that they always cheated and that is how they became so big. In this show they dealt with the ethics of a car crash that would kill more people were it to veer to the right, but result in the death of the cars passenger.

This is why I started the topic. Not to push electric cars, but to have us discuss the programming of them. I'd like to think we can trust the manufacturer, but obviously we can't. Politicians won't want to legislate this so now that opens the possibility of each owner deciding for themselves. Would you program the car to save multiple bystanders at the risk of your own life?

Humans are not better at making split second decisions than machines are and we have a self preservation instinct. On a podcast I heard that a survey found most car owners would sacrifice others before they would sacrifice themselves. The majority of us are cowards and act accordingly. If we are given the option to program our own cars we will most likely choose our lives over others.

Edited by queenbee1, 07 January 2017 - 02:41 PM.

• The Spectre likes this

#31 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:07 AM

A car simply drives you from point A to B. What more is there to say about it?

Seems to me talking about the NSA and that kind of stuff is much more important. The camera's on the street, the constant monitoring.

I remember Merkel being very angry at Obama because he had even listened in with her, and all his other allies. Now Obama is mad at Putin for doing the same in his party, and wrecking the elections by it.

It's this week's news, Queenbee. All they wait for now is see if The Donald's ego can coop that the elections were actually rigged, but in his favor. I say he can't. So he will keep denying his best friend Putin was involved to the end. Even if that enrages his own Republican party.

• The Spectre likes this
Lo

#32 The Spectre

The Spectre

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:08 PM

Dear Lonello and dear my quuen, i always like to read your worthy thoughts. :)

-

here is mine:

'A car simply drives you from point A to B. What more is there to say about it?' <-- Noooooooooo!! :D I m in love with my sport car. Sport car is always important for a man's life. 

BMW <-- This is not (B)ayerische (M)otoren (W)erke .. this is (B)ring (M)e (W)oman .. :D (ok ok i m joking..) 

But this is a reality, if you have a good car, you can be more attractive for a girls and women. Not for your car only , for your life quality standards.

I m regular BMW and Mercedes driver. I used many models of both german cars. (US cars have big motors and consumption is very costly like Camaro or others..) 

Another important detail is Turkish governtments tax system. When you buy big motor you will pay abysmal taxes.

• queenbee1 likes this

#33 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:21 PM

Dear Lonello and dear my quuen, i always like to read your worthy thoughts. :)

-

here is mine:

'A car simply drives you from point A to B. What more is there to say about it?' <-- Noooooooooo!! :D I m in love with my sport car. Sport car is always important for a man's life. 

BMW <-- This is not (B)ayerische (M)otoren (W)erke .. this is (B)ring (M)e (W)oman .. :D (ok ok i m joking..) 

But this is a reality, if you have a good car, you can be more attractive for a girls and women. Not for your car only , for your life quality standards.

I m regular BMW and Mercedes driver. I used many models of both german cars. (US cars have big motors and consumption is very costly like Camaro or others..) 

Another important detail is Turkish governtments tax system. When you buy big motor you will pay abysmal taxes.

This was a great comment my Prince. Priceless!

I drive a FORD or also referred to as

Found

On

Road

Dead

Still I love my Crown Vic. I love when I open the trunk for them to put groceries into it and their eyes go wide open. Some of the Euro cars can fit in my trunk (just exaggerating). They were made to be police cars and taxis in America. My family complains to me "You should drive a nice car" and I say "I do drive a nice car." It gets me there and back again.

#34 The Spectre

The Spectre

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:37 PM

This was a great comment my Prince. Priceless!

I drive a FORD or also referred to as

Found

On

Road

Dead

Still I love my Crown Vic. I love when I open the trunk for them to put groceries into it and their eyes go wide open. Some of the Euro cars can fit in my trunk (just exaggerating). They were made to be police cars and taxis in America. My family complains to me "You should drive a nice car" and I say "I do drive a nice car." It gets me there and back again.

'You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day' 

But i m sure you already know i liked your all messages. :D

And about your car..

A beautiful queen's car is always the best car. So Crown Vic is the best. :) (And Mercedes SLK Compressor is second. :D )

• Lonello and queenbee1 like this

#35 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:44 AM

When you watch a commercial for a driver assisted car do you have faith in the manufacturers who lie to us about emissions testing?

How does one sit as CEO and sign off on lies just to make the next quarterly bonus? When you think about it they all get caught and given golden parachutes of piles of money. Why not lie until you get caught? Not one banker went to jail for the 2008 MBS scandal. I don't see anyone standing up and saying "I took a mortgage out knowing full well I couldn't pay it back."

So is it any wonder that we don't trust anyone, but we buy their cars.

#36 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:51 PM

Google driverless cars in accidents again, humans at fault — again Not only will these cars be safer, but car insurance prices will plummet. Humans are a menace to this planet. As Mr Smith said in The Matrix we are a virus. The planet would be like descriptions of Eden without people.

I give it 20-50 years and these cars will perform so much safer that legislation will be passed so that humans can only drive on closed tracks. Why is it that as a species we don't embrace new tech unless it is in the form of a phone? There is no reason at all that we still have ICE cars. 

Edited by queenbee1, 20 January 2017 - 08:55 PM.

#37 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:00 PM

Ted Talk on Driverless cars. I will post the new one when it comes out.

#38 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:28 PM

Spectre I understand that cars are an extension of manhood. Especially a cool sports car. In Europe and Turkey you can actually get around without a car. That would be ideal, but the US has what is referred to as suburban sprawl. We don't drive our cars, we live in them. Many in California have two hour commutes each day. That is insane living.

#39 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:57 AM

I think this thread is played out. Trump appointed some idiot (Rick Perry) as Sec of Energy. I think he was right when he couldn't remember the name of the dept he wanted to abolish while running for POTUS years back.

I don't want the government in the business. If there was a carbon emission tax it would solve the problem itself. Companies would shift to renewables ASAP. Add a gas tax of 1.00/ gallon as it is too cheap and the electric cars will look more affordable. The money can be used to create jobs improving roads and bridges. Get rid of toll roads. Florida is the worst for toll roads. We use it as a slush fund for just about everything except roads and bridges.

Government should not regulate this or make investments in the form of loans. It will just lead to unnecessary regulations and I think we learned from Obama that the government cannot give money to renewables like Solyndra Inc. and Abound Manufacturing. It invites cronyism. I liked Obama, but he made some really dumb decisions based on bad advice.

#40 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,121 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:08 AM

A recent AAA study shows that 75% of melonheads (humans) are still afraid of driverless technology. Although an idiot (in Florida) set his Tesla S on remote control he died when his car drove under a semi trailer at 70+ MPH when the speed limit was 65. Driverless cars have proven to cause less fatalities per miles driven than melonheads. Regardless of the facts, humans feel they are still superior to machines at just about everything. This despite the million or so global fatalities per year that humans have grown to accept.

Just keep clicking your heels together and say three times "it won't happen to me. It won't happen to me. It won't happen to me."

Machines do not drive drunk no matter how much alcohol they drink.

Edited by queenbee1, 08 March 2017 - 05:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users