josephwhite

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:04 PM

Well, it looks like I won this division, although I must admit that it wasn't so deserved. I was just fortunate that the two that beat me dropped out, who each were strong contenders to win the division themselves.

If Caesar and Shoogie didn't drop out, the results below could have been the results of the existing top players if they won all the games against Shoogie and Caesar (and if GrizzlyBaer beat NJphilips and if TexasPete beats Moghedien). There is a strong likelihood that this would happen, especially considering Grizzly and Egw would have been the strong favourites to win games against Caesar and Shoogie due to the ELO differences (although its hard to tell what Caesar's ELO really should be - that's a controversy of its own).

Egw 49

GrizzlyBaer 47

TexasPete 45

Me 44

If 3s were given for games not played, but 1s or 6s given for games played against Shoogie and Caesar (depending on outcomes), the following would have been the best possible scenario for the other top players in the division.

GrizzlyBaer 44

Me 44

Egw 43

TexasPete 42

Therefore, if the other players would like and the TC agrees, I would support a playoff between Grizzly, egw and I (and TexasPete if he beats Moghedien tomorrow).

Edited by josephwhite, 30 April 2016 - 06:04 PM.

• texaspete09 and Caesar101 like this

#503 texaspete09

texaspete09

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:23 PM

Haha I would support that^.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#504 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:29 AM

Haha I would support that^.

You first have to beat me Pete :)

But I do not play a role in the outcome of the division any longer so maybe you are more motivated than I am. But JosephWhite, you trigger me when you put it like that and my name is not in the top four. It should have, but I lost to the top three albeit narrowly. I can only hope for a better performance in the spring tournament, as my ranking games are going OK at the moment. I have to learn to play tournament games I suspect...

CU at 15.00 GMT today Pete.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt

#505 texaspete09

texaspete09

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:31 PM

I lost, looks like I won't be taking part in the playoff.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#506 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:32 PM

I won against Pete,

good game Pete. Your very defensive style of play is hard to break down. It cost me 1:19h.

Moghedien

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt

#507 josephwhite

josephwhite

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:23 PM

I haven't heard any response from the TC about my proposal. Sorry if it causes you all a headache. I just wanted to be fair.

It seems that Grizzly and NJPhilips may have been granted an extension to play. If my proposal is accepted, then I think Grizzly's inclusion in the "playoff" would be subject to his first beating NJ.

Also, I haven't heard from egw or Grizzly if they even want such a thing. After all, the Div 4 title is not exactly the most coveted title in the world, so they may not even care. But if they do, please let me or this forum know, as I'll be happy to do the playoff.

#508 SymmeTric

SymmeTric

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:16 PM

Hi all,

Now, at the end of the division, we want to announce how we proceed further with the temporary measures that were taken after the withdrawal of SHOOGIE. Players who lost versus SHOOGIE got 1 point, players who didn't play SHOOGIE got 2 points, players who won versus SHOOGIE got 3 points.

The TC has decided the following:
The players who won versus SHOOGIE and got 3 points, will have those 3 points restored to 6 points. This way the outcome of the results will be completely intact. Grizzlybaer will finish above Moghedien and texaspete09, who both lost versus SHOOGIE. Njphillips12 finished above morias, who lost versus SHOOGIE.

The play-off will be hold between egw197077 and josephwhite. Possible further decisions will be announced after this play-off and the game of grizzlybaer v njphillips12 has taken place. We invite josephwhite and egw197077 to schedule their game for this week.

TC
There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.Ronald Reagen

#509 CLEVERMIND

CLEVERMIND

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:06 PM

I m discussing with the commitee personally by messages for definitions. I withdraw my previous writing

Edited by egw197077, 02 May 2016 - 10:56 PM.

#510 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,907 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

Egw197077,

When 7 players out of 9 have already played against a player who withdraws, it is not fair to simply 'scrap' their victory and award either 1 point or 6. The players who lost deserve to have a loss, and the players who won deserve to have a win.

There is in fact no solution that is absolutely fair to everyone - all we can do is consider the possibilities that may have happened. What TC have decided is to give the players that did not play against SHOOGHIE, and whose Division position may have been higher had they won, an opportunity. 

As we said before, it is necessary to wait and see how results turned out so that we can work out which players may have been unfairly treated. As it turns out, the only player who may have lost out due to SHOOGHIE's withdrawal is you - because if you had beaten SHOOGHIE you would have finished level on points with josephwhite. This is why TC have decided that you and josephwhite should have a play-off for the Division Title. 

TC go with the decision that has the least impact. With this decision - no-one can claim that there are being unfairly treated. I am not sure why you say 'this is my fault?' Perhaps you have not understood the situation here. 

Please indicate whether you agree to play-off with josephwhite for 1st place.

#511 josephwhite

josephwhite

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:25 PM

Well done to egw, he beat me in the playoff. It was a tight game, and he won on with a risky, but key lotto with his colonel at the end.

Quite an unusual finish to an unusual tournament. I'm not sure if Grizzly is still in for a playoff or if that was it. Any well done to all.

#512 CLEVERMIND

CLEVERMIND

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:02 PM

Nice game Jose. One thing only It was not lotto move with colonel. It was a tactic move....

See you again

#513 Caesar101

Caesar101

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Miner

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:00 PM

Well, it looks like I won this division, although I must admit that it wasn't so deserved. I was just fortunate that the two that beat me dropped out, who each were strong contenders to win the division themselves.

If Caesar and Shoogie didn't drop out, the results below could have been the results of the existing top players if they won all the games against Shoogie and Caesar (and if GrizzlyBaer beat NJphilips and if TexasPete beats Moghedien). There is a strong likelihood that this would happen, especially considering Grizzly and Egw would have been the strong favourites to win games against Caesar and Shoogie due to the ELO differences (although its hard to tell what Caesar's ELO really should be - that's a controversy of its own).

Egw 49

GrizzlyBaer 47

TexasPete 45

Me 44

If 3s were given for games not played, but 1s or 6s given for games played against Shoogie and Caesar (depending on outcomes), the following would have been the best possible scenario for the other top players in the division.

GrizzlyBaer 44

Me 44

Egw 43

TexasPete 42

Therefore, if the other players would like and the TC agrees, I would support a playoff between Grizzly, egw and I (and TexasPete if he beats Moghedien tomorrow).

I have a good record against Grizzly ;)

Congrats EGW and JW

#514 josephwhite

josephwhite

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:55 AM

egw, It was a very calculated, and in hindsight wise move. However, it was an attack on an unmoved piece, which I think is by definition a lotto. There were four places where the flag could have been protected by bombs and you attacked one of them, but it was a smart calculated move, which probably won you the game.

#515 Grizzlybear

Grizzlybear

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:05 PM

I won against NJphilips12

Grizzlybaer vs NJphilips12  6:1

Edited by Grizzlybaer, 14 May 2016 - 06:05 PM.

The only thing that doubles if you share it with somebody was happiness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users