Photo

Providing Information for Alias Accounts (PIAA)

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#21 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,445 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:12 PM

@Dspy

As you can read this  post was edited 4 months after my initial post. First (in july )  I posted all my accounts (max or Napoleon can confirm this) . NOONE from the greeks posted afterwards for several months. During this  period (when I edited my post) I  used only one alias . 

I do not know that I am obligated to update all the time  this post .

#22 Dekaeneas-Spy

Dekaeneas-Spy

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:17 PM

you avoided to give your accounts.

Οκ.

Edited by Dekaeneas-Spy, 17 February 2016 - 11:26 PM.

#23 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:45 AM

There are really different meanings about this topic. I've got mixed feelings about it as well

Your intent is perfect, MM :)! Ban possible unfairness. As long as the members themselves list their aliases here, all is fine.

I for one am glad to see this:

I only play with one account

I had been worrying because you didn't show up when we were paired on the current tourney http://challonge.com/quickarena1 which can suggest aliases. But it is good to see you are an outright good player!

Lo

#24 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:07 AM

what a perfect world we are living in, I am so glad.

people honesty will put up all of their aliases here

Lo and your encouragement is inspirational

• Aris1970 likes this

#25 Losermaker

Losermaker

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:39 AM

@Kara,

If CC reset your account, you cannot play in tourneys anyway, as most need you to be at least bronze capt.

• GaryLShelton likes this

#26 dutchkillers

dutchkillers

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:08 PM

It seems a good idea to me, to post here all the aliases that are known from active players. I dislike it, that players can get an advantage, by not telling that it is an alias account, and the player can have a setup advantage. Maybe this can help. I'll keep a list in this post on alphabetical order. If you have any other information concerning aliase, or other comments, I will hear from you!

master mind i all whays thell people who i am. if i know them i thell them .i just whanna train the basic skills over and over again and i never play game and know setup then play a uder game with a difrend account. i talk about this over and over again look it up must be on forum some where. i whas one of the first who give all his accounts in forum and max did it to.and then only 5 player did that so that didt work to.and i sat before lets all get back to metaforge where there is oney one account.and i sat or whe all have one account on stratego.com if you can do that i am happy with it bud dont say we all crimenals when some one has more accounts this side made the mistake to alow more account.so know we have to fixs it .REMEMBER ONLEY 5 PLAYERS TOLD THERE ACCOUNTS AND I REMEMBER 2 MAX AND ME 

First lesson dutch wins second lesson first learn lesson one.dutch the warrior

#27 Vanir44

Vanir44

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:00 PM

Vanir44 = Vanir = LuLuLaLaLa

Vanir44 is my main account and Vanir only exists to try some new strategies.

LuLuLaLaLa isn't used anymore.

Es geht nicht ums Gewinnen, sonder darum, dass du kämpfst.

#28 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,288 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:23 PM

In my opinion, a very good way of avoiding double accounts is that you really have to have a valid email. Now you can just fill in an email, and play. When you first need to activate it, the problem would be reduced significantly. 

You still can have some, but each time you want to create a new account, you also have to create a new email, which wil discourage people from having so much accounts. Correct me, if you think my hypothesis is wrong.

• GaryLShelton and Vanir44 like this

#29 dutchkillers

dutchkillers

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:11 PM

we have tournaments. we have clean list.we have divisions..and the normal ranking is ♥♥♥♥t up anyway from day one so why make troble about a ranking that doest make sens anyway .

• KARAISKAKIS likes this

First lesson dutch wins second lesson first learn lesson one.dutch the warrior

#30 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,288 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

We've to make the best of it, and try to do what we can. 

#31 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,204 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:21 PM

In my opinion, a very good way of avoiding double accounts is that you really have to have a valid email. Now you can just fill in an email, and play. When you first need to activate it, the problem would be reduced significantly. 

You still can have some, but each time you want to create a new account, you also have to create a new email, which wil discourage people from having so much accounts. Correct me, if you think my hypothesis is wrong.

A valid email is a start, naturally. It's not an impossible hurdle for multiaccounts but it certainly is better than nothing. It's like closing the door on a cold day. You need to do other things to stay warm but it's a definite start.

It's such an obvious thing it makes one think about "why?" Why is this simple thing not done?

We also need an email check every three months or so, but three for now. An email gets sent out to all accounts. Those that don't reply, or that do not have valid emails, will get temporarily banned until the player responds to Customer Care. By the time of the next three month cycle any accounts that no one has checked in on will be permanently banned.
  • PuzzledTea likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#32 Master Mind

Master Mind

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,288 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:20 PM

Than, I would be banned too, because I used all my valid emails as well with other accounts. But this is my main account, which is a difference with multiple account players.

#33 strangeplayer

strangeplayer

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:31 PM

Would it not be easier to perform a mass IP check among all users? Then, if conflicting accounts are found with the same IP Address:-
1. A warning letter be sent to the e-mail address(es) on the accounts, stating that only one account is allowed on Stratego.
2. The user will then have an option in the e-mail to choose one of their accounts to be the one to keep, and allow the others to be deleted. This could be done with an automatic hyperlink on the e-mail leading to a special page here on the site.
3. If no reply to any e-mails within, e.g. 1 week, the other alternates will be automatically deleted with only the user's first account remaining.

I think this is a good systematic approach to removing all alternates from the database. Perhaps also special options can be introduced in the game to try and combat some of the reasons that users create a new account:-
a. There would be an option to reset number of games played and win ratio for free.
b. Players would be allowed a free name change every 6 months, if one wishes to have name change before that, it could incur a charge (such as 500 battlecoins).
c. A player is allowed to create a new account (for example, for a family member) for 1000 battlecoins.

Of course, my recommendations are not without their drawbacks, but I believe these suggestions will create a more fair and competitive atmosphere here on the forums and game.

#34 Jade K

Jade K

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:55 PM

strangeplayer, u must understand
The site admins want to create the illusion that there are so many accounts playing here. I just learnt that they themselves have got multiple user identities too. The rot starts from the top.

I also hope u understand we are all wasting our time talking here as nobody cares, and nobody is listening and nothing will be done.

if u really want a fast solution (yet isn't 100% effective) just make all accounts play with a minimum frequency otherwise getting adjusted in ranking points

#35 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:55 PM

I created a poll for this. Not everyone wants multiple accounts banned

I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

#36 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,204 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:18 PM

Than, I would be banned too, because I used all my valid emails as well with other accounts. But this is my main account, which is a difference with multiple account players.

Yes, but that's what you're asking for, valid emails, right? Valid emails henceforth is one thing; we need to also get the accounts without valid emails that currently exist as well.

If you think you've "used up" your valid emails with other accounts, why not just ask for those accounts to be deleted? It's simple enough to do through Custumer Care. I've done this myself. Gotten rid of both my only two other second accounts.

You could then ask for a change of email address on Master Mind to a valid email of your choosing. I think this is possible, though I've never tried it. They might have to put your stats in a holding account temporarily but it should be possible to get your email address changed. The worst case scenario would be that you might have to change your name to Master Mind 2, or something similar, but it would have your same stats.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#37 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,204 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:39 PM

I created a poll for this. Not everyone wants multiple accounts banned

Multiple accounts obfuscate one's identity. They make certain forms of cheating possible, and they make a mockery of the hard work of honest players to rise in the ranks. They also take the teeth out of MT punishments as even a PB is taken care of with a few keystrokes: Presto, voilà, a new account!

It's the system we have. :(

Who wants multiple accounts? Maybe quite a few, but I think there'd be far less if the problem were squelched down.

Now there's no incentive to have just one account when so many people have second, third, and more accounts. And Jade K seems lamentably more correct than not as to the incentives at the top to stop the problem.

At my playing level I feel no pressure to open up a second account but can understand the desire at the much higher levels. It's just a shame that the problem exists.
  • strangeplayer likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

#38 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,204 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:59 PM

strangeplayer, u must understand
The site admins want to create the illusion that there are so many accounts playing here. I just learnt that they themselves have got multiple user identities too. The rot starts from the top.

Jade K, what second identities are you talking about with site admins?

if u really want a fast solution (yet isn't 100% effective) just make all accounts play with a minimum frequency otherwise getting adjusted in ranking points

This is good. I think I'd like the idea of a two step approach a bit better. Names get hidden from leaderboards after so many weeks of inactivity, and completely deleted after so many months of inactivity.

There would be far less incentive to keep multiple aliases if they were always being deleted. It'd be work to keep them all playing! Plus, if you had to answer an email check every so often, a second account would become a real pain.

But, you're right also, Jade K, not much is going to happen on these fronts. Still, it's always interesting to discuss things, even the impossible ones.

i77rs4m.jpg

#39 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:12 PM

just for your info, this topic has already been created and can be found in the archives:

http://forum.strateg...ount#entry17470

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#40 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 6,204 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:17 PM

Would it not be easier to perform a mass IP check among all users? Then, if conflicting accounts are found with the same IP Address:-

There's been lots of discussion about one player/one IP. Some issues I think I can recount are that:

1) Certain households have more than one valid account.

2) Certain IP addresses belong to public sites where multiple valid people might want to play from. "Internet cafes".

3) Proxy sites and virtual networks make the IP address far less than solid as an identifier.

4) Do you use the IP an account was established with, or one that it is playing with? I can carry my phone anywhere.

strangeplayer, if it's not already clear from the above I will flatly state that I'm no computer person. But for those who are it would be nice if they could solve this problem of online identity.

Your idea of paying for a second account has merit. But, then I'm in agreement with paying for all accounts. Monetary fees could solve a great many ills. ;)

i77rs4m.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users