Photo

What do you know about the financial world?

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

#101 QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:09 AM

I hope not. Lets see if you get your prediction right :)

It's not my prediction it is the bookmakers.

• Moriarty likes this

Queenbee

#102 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:34 AM

Trump is not a fool.  He is playing a game that is working.  I think his attitude will shape up once he gets into the oval office.  I think Trump is the most honest.  It may not be politically correct to say that we need to kick Illegals out of this country.  But I'm sure I could defeat any argument brought forth that suggests otherwise.

• Moriarty likes this

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#103 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:11 AM

I think Trump is the most honest

Come on. He is a big fraud. Making a mockery out of the elections (& Republicans). Remember what he said below (1998)!

But you're right. He is playing a game that is working so far. It'll be only quotes like this that will let the voters see what type of guy he really is:

CU_-lqEWUAAOhz3.jpg

• Fairway and Moriarty like this
Lo

#104 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:39 PM

Trump is sad...

I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

#105 QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:00 PM

We are way off topic, but the whole section is called Off Topic. We need immigrants or no one will pay the old farts social security. We have a serious demographics issue and maybe Gaius is just talking about illegals. How do we find them? I am all for making it easier to immigrate legally. Most so called Americans couldn't pass the immigration test. Gaius did you agree with Trump on "keeping all Muslims out of the country until we figure out what the hell is going on?"

Who is not an immigrant other than Native Americans?

Edited by QueenofHearts, 10 March 2016 - 04:10 AM.

Queenbee

#106 QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:50 AM

Where negative interest rates will lead us.

Edited by QueenofHearts, 12 March 2016 - 12:36 AM.

Queenbee

#107 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:56 AM

zero-interest-rate-policy

The Japanese surely top this. They are ahead of us a few decades. On a 10 year loan you were already receiving interest instead of paying for your debt. Soon you will on your 15 year too. They have already arrived at new record lows today:

CccJNSBUcAAAnJh.jpg

@DavidInglesTV

Japan Gov't. Bond Yields: 30-year at Record Low 20-year at Record Low 15-year at Record Low 10-year at Record Low

And this is the picture since the piek in 1990:

CccAjQVWwAAZG5J.jpg

Lo

#108 QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:49 PM

This is what always amazes me. The South is firmly in the pockets of the Republicans and yet they are the poorest states in the Union and most dependent on government handouts. They vote against their own best interest.

Edited by QueenofHearts, 12 March 2016 - 12:35 AM.

Queenbee

#109 tableplay

tableplay

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:25 AM

Japan is implementing negative interest rates. And in other news, it looks like they ran out of nail guns so here is the alternative:

http://www.zerohedge...eral-indictment

• Lonello and Walhall like this

#110 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:35 PM

Quite so! And what about this?

CcnKvDEW0AAWMOa.jpg

• tableplay likes this
Lo

#111 tableplay

tableplay

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 March 2016 - 04:49 AM

Yes, what happened is, I attended the January 2016 meeting and mentioned tablecoins as the solution.

Quite so! And what about this?

CcnKvDEW0AAWMOa.jpg

• Lonello likes this

#112 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:57 AM

Now I get that one.

But it does seem you've got some competition:

comex%20gold%20coverage%20ratio.jpg

• tableplay likes this
Lo

#113 tableplay

tableplay

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:12 PM

Yes, however I am planning to buy up all the gold claims using tablecoins.

Now I get that one.

But it does seem you've got some competition:

comex%20gold%20coverage%20ratio.jpg

• Lonello likes this

#114 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:39 AM

OK I hope you were there in time? It seems people are still queueing around the block! http://www.silverdoc...(SilverDoctors)

• tableplay likes this
Lo

#115 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,381 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:12 AM

We are way off topic, but the whole section is called Off Topic. We need immigrants or no one will pay the old farts social security. We have a serious demographics issue and maybe Gaius if just talking about illegals. How do we find them? I am all for making it easier to immigrate legally. Most so called Americans couldn't pass the immigration test. Gaius did you agree with Trump on "keeping all Muslims out of the country until we figure out what the hell is going on?"

Who is not a immigrant other that Native Americans?

- haha

:lol:  :lol: 

Conspiracy Theory 18427: The Developers will never fix the web version of the game, and will force everyone to spend money on the app instead. RIP my stratego career.

#116 QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

One of the best ways to determine if we're doing a good job of saving is evaluating our ability to handle unforeseen expenses. And, in this area, we're failing miserably.

According to a Federal Reserve report, nearly half of Americans couldn't cover a $400 emergency expense without borrowing the money or selling something. More than half of households have less than one month's worth of income in a readily available savings account, far from the six-month emergency fund many experts recommend.

Even more alarming is that many people have no savings at all. In fact, almost 30% report having a zero balance, and 62% have less than $1,000 in savings, according to a survey by GOBankingRates.com. An additional 21% report having no savings account whatsoever.

Many people assume they'll make the same amount of money in the future, but this is a bad assumption to make. In fact, according to a report by the Pew Charitable Trusts, almost half of households will experience a 25% change in income in any given two-year period, either up or down.

The point is that an emergency fund is absolutely essential to financial health. Without the ability to cover unforeseen expenses, it can be extremely difficult to stick to a retirement savings plan or to prevent taking on excessive credit card debt. And, without adequate savings, a sudden drop in income can be catastrophic.

It may surprise you (or not) to learn that the average American has saved significantly less than they're likely to need for retirement. The short version is that the median retirement savings  $63,000, but it's more helpful to look at the data by age group. According to Fidelity, here's how much Americans should have in retirement  as a multiple of their annual income. Since the average household earns just under $54,000, I've also included what the average should be for each age group.

However, a recent study by Transamerica shows that in reality, the average American is pretty far behind.

For example, according to the first table, the average 55-year-old should have $378,000 saved for retirement, but we can see from the actual data that the average 50-something actually has less than a third of this amount.
In fairness, this includes savings in retirement accounts such as 401(k)s and IRAs, but some workers also have defined  plans (such as pensions) that are not included in this data. Even so, the average study participant estimated they would need about $1 million to retire comfortably, so it's safe to say most people have some work to do.

Queenbee

#117 Walhall

Walhall

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:38 PM

TPTB control all players (media, politicians, Ceos, ...)

Inside information is everything, Newspapers control expectations,
Political puppets create facts ...

TPTB know when it is going down and when it is going up. Volatility makes them rich and us poor.

Anyone who believes, that Yellen is keeping the information regarding the Fed's future policy for herself also believes, that wtc7 and this car http://i.imgur.com/mr9E9oM.jpg were destroyed due to internal fires

#118 QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:58 AM

TPTB control all players (media, politicians, Ceos, ...)

Inside information is everything, Newspapers control expectations,
Political puppets create facts ...

TPTB know when it is going down and when it is going up. Volatility makes them rich and us poor.

Anyone who believes, that Yellen is keeping the information regarding the Fed's future policy for herself also believes, that wtc7 and this car http://i.imgur.com/mr9E9oM.jpg were destroyed due to internal fires

Sell crazy someplace else we're all stocked up here.

• GaryLShelton likes this

Queenbee

#119 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:27 AM

Sell crazy someplace else we're all stocked up here.

Ya gotta love Jack!
Posted Image
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/
Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#120 Walhall

Walhall

Bomb

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:58 AM

you asked this question and out of kindness I came here to answer.

You don't have to be an expert on knowing people to see, that the financial markets are all rigged. The Fed's inside information about the future monetary policy is worth trillions for banks and hedge funds. Of course Yellen shares this inside information with her buddies from Goldman Sachs. Foreknowledge is everything on the financial markets. TPTB have the foreknowledge. They know in advance, when it is going up and when it is going down. They  win. We don't have the foreknowledge and lose.

Volatility is crazy. TPTB create this volatility. All the up and down makes them rich and us poor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users