Photo

What do you know about the financial world?

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#281 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,741 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:01 AM

Gary is still learning English to me, Queenbee. I thought I used the abbreviation correctly here.... "a.w." means "amongst which" does it not?

And Trump is making America smaller fast. It´s one state down soon http://www.cbsnews.c...for-bankruptcy/

Lo

#282 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 974 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:37 AM

The situation has prompted comparisons with Puerto Rico, which earlier this year announced a historic restructuring of some of its $70 billion in debt through courts after negotiations with bondholders failed.

Who was loaning them the money? Who are the "bondholders" with whom negotiations failed? Is it a  TBTF bank, a pension fund or Warren Buffet? How many bondholders does it take to "just say no" to debt restructuring and if so what can PR or Illinois do? The cannot file BK as there are no provisions in the law that allow states to file BK. What is the alternative to saying no to restructuring? Grab them by the heels and shake them?

Some retired police, firemen, teachers, state and municipal workers are in for a rude awakening when they are told "sorry your pension plan is broke." I wonder where the Social Security Trust fund is investing to obtain yields over the prime rate unless 0% is sustainable (which we all know it is not). The SS pension fund will start paying less money to seniors unless taxes go up and that will not happen while Rs hold all the power.

#283 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,741 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:43 AM

Well, there's nothing to see. Honestly, there's nothing going on. Truly. Nothing happening after June 21 either with the Summer Solstice as it's just still called a Spring Fling. So it's still spring, nothing has to do with anything, nor with the quatrillion dollars and euro's created.

Even the Banksters say so:

BofA: "markets are very weird" JPM: "low vols face catastrophic losses" DB: "cataclysmic events are coming" GS: "it will end in tears" Gartman Turns Bearish: "Today Is The Summer Solstice; Be Prepared"gartman%20solar_0_0.jpg

Lo

#284 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 974 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:34 PM

"I know nothing. I see nothing." Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes. See I can travel in time now.

• Lonello and zuriels like this

#285 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,741 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

No surprise here. Just carry on. Nothing is happening. Move on, move on.

DCqfI6mXcAAn2BB.jpg

• The Prof likes this
Lo

#286 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,741 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

There's no problem here. This is no sign. It's not. Trust me. Who even knows what GFC means? Just a couple of big letters. Huge ones. Fantastic letters. They are. But it means nothing. It's totally irrelevant. It's true. Believe me. It is.

DEGtTBiWsAAXXpr.jpg

Lo

#287 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,741 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:38 AM

Nothing to see here. Carry on, carry on.

DEj-8NwXsAAazfV.jpg

Lo

#288 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,199 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:54 AM

Do these count as spam?

#289 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,741 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:26 AM

With about a week in between there's no spam there. Trust me. There isn't. Shorter time in between, there must be rebuttal. So I thank you very much for this post, TheOptician. Believe me. I do. It's a great post. It's huge. It really is. I can rebuttal it. It allows me to bring yet another pic so soon. It's a fantastic pic. It's absolutely terrific. But there's nothing to see. There really isn't. Nothing whatsoever. Sizes are about the same. It's just give or take a few 0's. Zero's. That's nothing. Trust me. It is.

DEe_UxCXYAE_Pq1.jpg

Lo

#290 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,199 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

I like all your graphs really I do. But could you add a one-line conclusion, so I know what the message is?

#291 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 974 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 3 weeks ago

Can anyone look up that amount of debt American consumer have now as compared to 2008? Levels of debt always seem to me to be a precursor to a correction. It's like maxing out your credit cards, but having the same income. That is another thing to look at is income keeping pace with debt factoring in inflation?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users