Photo

What do you know about the financial world?

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#281 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,666 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 6 days ago

Gary is still learning English to me, Queenbee. I thought I used the abbreviation correctly here.... "a.w." means "amongst which" does it not?

And Trump is making America smaller fast. It´s one state down soon http://www.cbsnews.c...for-bankruptcy/

Lo

#282 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 909 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 6 days ago

The situation has prompted comparisons with Puerto Rico, which earlier this year announced a historic restructuring of some of its $70 billion in debt through courts after negotiations with bondholders failed.

Who was loaning them the money? Who are the "bondholders" with whom negotiations failed? Is it a  TBTF bank, a pension fund or Warren Buffet? How many bondholders does it take to "just say no" to debt restructuring and if so what can PR or Illinois do? The cannot file BK as there are no provisions in the law that allow states to file BK. What is the alternative to saying no to restructuring? Grab them by the heels and shake them?

Some retired police, firemen, teachers, state and municipal workers are in for a rude awakening when they are told "sorry your pension plan is broke." I wonder where the Social Security Trust fund is investing to obtain yields over the prime rate unless 0% is sustainable (which we all know it is not). The SS pension fund will start paying less money to seniors unless taxes go up and that will not happen while Rs hold all the power.

#283 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,666 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted A day ago

Well, there's nothing to see. Honestly, there's nothing going on. Truly. Nothing happening after June 21 either with the Summer Solstice as it's just still called a Spring Fling. So it's still spring, nothing has to do with anything, nor with the quatrillion dollars and euro's created.

Even the Banksters say so:

BofA: "markets are very weird" JPM: "low vols face catastrophic losses" DB: "cataclysmic events are coming" GS: "it will end in tears" Gartman Turns Bearish: "Today Is The Summer Solstice; Be Prepared"gartman%20solar_0_0.jpg

Lo

#284 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 909 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted A day ago

"I know nothing. I see nothing." Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes. See I can travel in time now.

• Lonello likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users