Photo

What do you know about the financial world?

• Please log in to reply
342 replies to this topic

#281 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,904 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:01 AM

Gary is still learning English to me, Queenbee. I thought I used the abbreviation correctly here.... "a.w." means "amongst which" does it not?

And Trump is making America smaller fast. It´s one state down soon http://www.cbsnews.c...for-bankruptcy/

Lo

#282 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,068 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:37 AM

The situation has prompted comparisons with Puerto Rico, which earlier this year announced a historic restructuring of some of its $70 billion in debt through courts after negotiations with bondholders failed.

Who was loaning them the money? Who are the "bondholders" with whom negotiations failed? Is it a  TBTF bank, a pension fund or Warren Buffet? How many bondholders does it take to "just say no" to debt restructuring and if so what can PR or Illinois do? The cannot file BK as there are no provisions in the law that allow states to file BK. What is the alternative to saying no to restructuring? Grab them by the heels and shake them?

Some retired police, firemen, teachers, state and municipal workers are in for a rude awakening when they are told "sorry your pension plan is broke." I wonder where the Social Security Trust fund is investing to obtain yields over the prime rate unless 0% is sustainable (which we all know it is not). The SS pension fund will start paying less money to seniors unless taxes go up and that will not happen while Rs hold all the power.

#283 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,904 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:43 AM

Well, there's nothing to see. Honestly, there's nothing going on. Truly. Nothing happening after June 21 either with the Summer Solstice as it's just still called a Spring Fling. So it's still spring, nothing has to do with anything, nor with the quatrillion dollars and euro's created.

Even the Banksters say so:

BofA: "markets are very weird" JPM: "low vols face catastrophic losses" DB: "cataclysmic events are coming" GS: "it will end in tears" Gartman Turns Bearish: "Today Is The Summer Solstice; Be Prepared"gartman%20solar_0_0.jpg

Lo

#284 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,068 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:34 PM

"I know nothing. I see nothing." Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes. See I can travel in time now.

• Lonello and zuriels like this

#285 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,904 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

No surprise here. Just carry on. Nothing is happening. Move on, move on.

DCqfI6mXcAAn2BB.jpg

• The Prof likes this
Lo

#286 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,904 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

There's no problem here. This is no sign. It's not. Trust me. Who even knows what GFC means? Just a couple of big letters. Huge ones. Fantastic letters. They are. But it means nothing. It's totally irrelevant. It's true. Believe me. It is.

DEGtTBiWsAAXXpr.jpg

Lo

#287 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,904 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:38 AM

Nothing to see here. Carry on, carry on.

DEj-8NwXsAAazfV.jpg

Lo

#288 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,291 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:54 AM

Do these count as spam?

#289 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,904 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:26 AM

With about a week in between there's no spam there. Trust me. There isn't. Shorter time in between, there must be rebuttal. So I thank you very much for this post, TheOptician. Believe me. I do. It's a great post. It's huge. It really is. I can rebuttal it. It allows me to bring yet another pic so soon. It's a fantastic pic. It's absolutely terrific. But there's nothing to see. There really isn't. Nothing whatsoever. Sizes are about the same. It's just give or take a few 0's. Zero's. That's nothing. Trust me. It is.

DEe_UxCXYAE_Pq1.jpg

Lo

#290 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,291 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

I like all your graphs really I do. But could you add a one-line conclusion, so I know what the message is?

#291 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,068 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:24 PM

Can anyone look up that amount of debt American consumer have now as compared to 2008? Levels of debt always seem to me to be a precursor to a correction. It's like maxing out your credit cards, but having the same income. That is another thing to look at is income keeping pace with debt factoring in inflation?

#292 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,904 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:32 PM

Japan's 10-year yield again headed back to zero.

DICZJBDUMAA9SCY.jpg

Lo

#293 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,068 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:47 PM

This is just one of the bombs that will send us into another recession during Trumps administration. The Fed can print money, but they are really concerned about deflation. Something they cannot do a damn thing about.

Americans now have the highest credit-card debt in U.S. history

What do you think the Donald will do when the banks come crying for bailouts this time?

Americans had $1.021 trillion in outstanding revolving credit in June 2017. This beats the previous record in April 2008, when consumers had a collective $1.02 trillion in outstanding credit revolving credit.

Can you see the writing on the wall? Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it and Americans know virtually nothing about history. It's sad really as I can remember 2008 like it was yesterday and today's adults age 18-39 (those are the real consumers that advertisers target) will never see it coming.

If The Donald does not bail the banks out again (which he will have to) you might see the end of the American economy. You can expect to see HUGE unemployment and home foreclosures. 

Revolving credit had been growing at an annual growth rate of 4.9%. One reason: More consumers are getting access to credit cards backed by major banks and issuers in recent months. More than 171 million consumers had access to those cards in the first quarter of 2017, the highest number that has had access since 2005, when about $162.5 million people had access.

For the first time since the Great Recession, lenders have given more consumers with sub-prime, or below average, credit scores, access to credit cards, but they are giving them lower spending limits, according to the credit reporting agency TransUnion.

You can bet that Goldman Sachs knows. They run the Treasury.

This year, total household debt — including housing, auto loans and student-loan debt — in the U.S. also surpassed the 2008 peak. While the debt level is similar to 2008, the things Americans are buying on credit have changed, as household incomes have increased in recent years, and housing prices and stock prices have improved.

Compared with 2008, fewer borrowers have housing-related debt and, instead, more have taken on auto and student loans.This is backed up by previous research: Student loans have made it harder for younger consumers to buy homes; plus, lower housing prices are also tied to higher student loan default rates.)

So you can sleep in your car (until they can repossess it as all newer cars have GPS) and use your diploma as a blanket. OMG you can't buy a house because you have too much student debt. That is irony at it's best. How many times did my Mom and TV say you got to get an education to get a good paying job. Yeah right, all the time the kids are paying off student loans and they graduated 10-20 years ago. Don't worry The Donald will cut your taxes and money will come raining down on everyone. :lol:  

Good Luck everyone.

#294 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,904 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:27 AM

So much for 'nothing going on here, folks!'

And it's starting. The Chinese hold the axe over the US: http://en.people.cn/...00-9258733.html

They can simply dump their tonnes of dollars (in kilogrammes) or treasuries to bring the US down. Markets are indeed expecting this now:

DIVr01yXoAMxaCW.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.co...01yXoAMxaCW.jpg

Lo

#295 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,904 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

Newsflash! J.P. Morgan is abandoning ship!

New Worry in ‘Repo’: there's just One Bank for $3.5 Trillion Market and J.P. Morgan Chase is exiting the business, https://www.wsj.com/...9416?mod=e2twfr

As Trump considers coordinated monetary intervention, the situation of dedollarization will get so bad that the US will be forced to call a summit of world leaders in the end. A new monetary standard which will see the dollar “reboot” -80% or more.

I've always said Trump is the catalysator of things bound to happen. It's now said to even happen as early as January 1, 2018...

– Trump be planning a radical “reboot” of the U.S. dollar
– Currency reboot will see leading nations devalue their currencies too
– Mass exit of foreign governments and investors from the US Dollar
– US total debt now over $80 Trillion – $20T national debt and $60T consumer debt
– Monetary reboot or currency devaluation seen frequently – even modern history

Lo

#296 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,068 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:25 PM

Lo I saw that article too. I'd rather not think about these things as I will go into crisis like I did pre 2008, but no one is listening still.

#297 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,904 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

Nobody in the west is listening, no. But in the east they are fully aware of the situation. This article is from Indonesia for example: https://asia.nikkei....?n_cid=NARAN012

The de-dollarization is all around. It has only just started to take these big forms. First you have to have the financial infrastructure, you see. And a year ago the renminbi was adopted in the SDR. The Chinese completely took over the gold market (Comex is pretty much in default so it's only Shanghai now) in 2016 too. And they are now starting with the oil market.

The dollar isn't real money. It's fake. It's a fake currency, Queenbee. It's alternative facting all over with the dollar. Best protect yourself against this monetary madness.

Lo

#298 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,454 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:19 PM

That was an interesting article, Lo, but your conclusion seems exaggerated.  The strength of a currency is measured by the amount of trust people have in it.  The fact that China needs to promise that the yuan will be backed up by gold in order to entice people to accept it for oil sales seems to me to be a sign of weakness rather than strength.  The dollar is trusted even with no such guarantee.  Now, I do agree that the trend in the world will be toward a multi-currency system and that the dollar's hegemony will diminish.  But there will be some positive effects of this.  For example, a stronger yuan and weaker dollar would reduce the large trade deficit between the U.S. and China, as U.S. goods would become cheaper for Chinese consumers to purchase.  I don't see how the rise of other currencies will lead to a complete abandonment of the dollar, as you suggest.  But you know more about this financial topic than I do so I'm curious to hear your reasons for how you think things are going to play out.         

#299 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,904 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

your conclusion seems exaggerated.  The strength of a currency is measured by the amount of trust people have in it.  The fact that China needs to promise that the yuan will be backed up by gold in order to entice people to accept it for oil sales seems to me to be a sign of weakness rather than strength.  The dollar is trusted even with no such guarantee.           

Again, it's not that the dollar vanishes and every human pays with renminbi next, no. This will play out with getting the trust back, so there will be a reset and the dollar will be backed up again, as it always was in the past. That will prevent the Banksters from walking away with the big bucks. The current system made a 200 TRILLION debt possible in no time! This is hyperinflation an sich, and looking much like Weimar.

You are very right that key is trust. Exactly that is happening... lost trust in the dollar. Everybody in the world -was- paid by dollars but 2016 changed everything so we're now on a path for less dollar influence... the IMF makes a basket of currencies (the SDR) that is backed up by bricks, commodities, lands.... real things... in order to remain the no. 1 trustworthy institute of the world.  

Fiat money you still seem to endorse always loses in the end, Prof. It's what got the Roman empire down in the end, and it's what brought thousands of currencies down.. even in this century there are lots of examples. It's not for nothing the Swiss have the most trustworthy currency for centuries now, even backing the Franc up now with Apple stocks, lol, while the British pound lost 80% of its value when having sold all of their gold and assets... they trusted fiat money and lost the game... the pound is in a deplorable state.

You'll see this happening always. The dollar now has to pay, and will undergo the same predicament the pound has been in. We will have to see how much it will be depreciated. A US default is looming fast with the debt ceiling coming up. Read this Forbes article and you'll learn a lot more: https://www.forbes.c...t/#6a27ce915d38

Lo

#300 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,454 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:47 AM

Lo, where is the actual evidence of hyperinflation?  Way back in 2008 a forum writer at Metaforge (he was also the owner of the site, a Ron Paul guy - you'd really like him) stated with certainty that there would be massive inflation that would hit after the recession ended.  Well, the recession ended in June 2009, and we've now had 8 straight years of growth and yet there has been very low inflation over this period.  What is the explanation for this?    

Regarding fiat money, isn't everything a fiat currency?  Gold is prettier than paper, but you can't eat it.  Gold won't keep you warm when it's cold outside.  You will only accept gold in exchange for goods or services if your trust that your neighbor will do the same, just like we do with our dollars today.  Conversion to commodities isn't any better.  There's no liquidity there.  If I exchange my currency for corn, or bricks, or land, then I need to find someone who needs those things and also has what I want.  Tying a paper currency to physical objects may have psychological appeal, but the reason most major countries have abandoned it is because it is economically strangling.  It's hard for an economy to grow if the money supply is fixed.  

Regarding default, there's not going to be one.  If there was a reasonable probability of this occurring, the markets would have tanked by now.  Congress will find a way to pass a debt ceiling increase (they always do) and Trump will sign it.    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users